Random Wrestling Thought Of The Day

I mean, yes, that's how professional wrestling works. Anybody who thinks you can grab another man by the arm and throw him hard enough to make him run is delusional. Anybody who thinks a credible way to decide a championship is to hang the belt high above the ring and see who's the first to climb a ladder and grab it is delusional. Of all the preposterous things that occur on a daily basis in professional wrestling, a small man standing a chance against a big man in a fight is near the bottom of the list.

Balor doesn't deserve a match against Lesnar because he hasn't got an interesting bone in his body, not because he's small.

Finn is pretty much the epitome of everything that’s wrong with modern wrestling. He’s a spectacular athlete, but there’s nowhere near enough substance beyond that to make people care about that athleticism.

Matt Hardy has recived a bigger “delete” chant when he was in TNA. Yesterday shows too much time has passed by waiting on a Broken or Woken gimmick.

Wyatt got a win and all that

Yeah, but when? At what point in the Neville -> Zayn -> Owens lineage does he fit? His match with Neville for the title is an underdiscussed gem though.

People only hate Finn Balor because it's cool to do so. Wonder who you guys will turn on next?

Motherfucker, I made it cool to hate Finn Balor.

I'd move Balor to the cruiserweight division though that makes it hard when hes the first Universal Champion and was pinning guys like Joe, Reigns and Rusev just last year.

Барбоса;5769407 said:
So it's cool to hate boring things?

Take away the Demon and Balor is as dull as dishwater; bland attire; uninspiring on the mic and no connection with the viewer in his matches.

He is almost the quintessential vanilla midget.

I dare say he always has been...

No a lot of people who used to love Balor have turned on him in recent months for no reason. He's the same wrestler as before.

There was a reason. In those months, his character didn't develop past "sometimes I wear facepaint".

No a lot of people who used to love Balor have turned on him in recent months for no reason. He's the same wrestler as before.

Says people turned on Balor for no reason.

Has four reasons presented to him.

Denies reasons exist.

:lmao:

He isn't the same wrestler. He was injured for ages or on a smaller stage (NXT). His legend grew while not being seen. Then, people saw him every single week. It's a contributing factor as to why Hogan will never be topped, he wasn't on TV every week, you didn't get sick of him. We saw Balor every week, we realized that he has nothing interesting to offer and that while being injured, where his support grew larger and has since decreased, we crafted a more spectacular idea of the performer than the reality we received.

Bluntly, Balor was gone for ages, expectations rose for what he could be, Balor failed to meet those expectations and comes off like a major letdown and bland.

Finn was shit in NXT too. The nicest thing I can say about him is that he had two good matches with Samoa Joe out of what felt like a dozen they had together.

Still a great entrance though.

Roman Reigns is the best wrestler on Raw. He has quality matches with everyone.

Samoa Joe is probably still better, actually. But it's been a while since he's had an actual competitive match.

Finn was better in NXT, but he had issues. Being on the main roster is just exposing his issues to a wider audience. They also beat the Demon over your head on Raw, and that doesn’t help.

Барбоса;5769407 said:
So it's cool to hate boring things?

Take away the Demon and Balor is as dull as dishwater; bland attire; uninspiring on the mic and no connection with the viewer in his matches.

He is almost the quintessential vanilla midget.

I dare say he always has been...
No connection? Do the audience stay silent during his match?

No connection? Do the audience stay silent during his match?

Since he debuted on RAW? It has been pretty quiet when he is in the ring. It is certainly noticeable compared to virtually every other major player on the roster.

There really is no overestimating how damaging to Finn Balor the ridiculously early appearance of the Demon was and how much the commentators beat the viewer over the head with it.

It has basically left us with "what is the point of Finn Balor when we could have the Demon King?" And that is not even going into the problem of what the Demon is actually meant to be.

And audiences do not get excited for Clark Kent, Prince Adam or Eric Wimp.

They want Superman, He-man or Bananaman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back