Q & A Session

I'll sneak in here now just to add to the enormous list of questions that've been asked of you:

1) Thoughts on Steven Holmes as a character?
2) Thoughts on FunKay as an RP'er/Creative dude?
3) Thoughts on the fact that we get to finally work against one-another this week?

Thoughts on Ricky Runn my good chum?
Ricky's in an interesting spot. He got put over by Austin Reynolds before Numbers brought back GM, and as other have said that momentum got killed when you had to take time off right afterward. One thing I will mention is when you were upset about being put into the Mayhem Title picture briefly, it should have been an honor to fight for a title and that attitude may have soured a few people's opinions on you.

As far as the character, I think with the injury to Isabel that was accidental, it'll give you something to work with and I want to see how Ricky would react to a situation like that. He's a well meaning character, so for something devastating like that to happen is going to test his merit, and I'm hoping you'll regain that momentum you lost by running with it. If/When Isabel returns you got a ready made feud between the two of you.

Was there a specific spot during a match that you always wanted to write or something you wanted to incorporate during an angle but never got to see any fruition?

I can't think of any off the top of my head. I wanted a stable a long time ago so the AoC covered that. I wanted the crucifixion angle and that was covered as well. Basically I've done everything I've wanted with Ty because the character gave me the flexibility to do that stuff.

Should we have kept the Apostles of Chaos storyline going beyond Redemption, when would you have envisioned the finale between you and KO to be: Apocalypse or Unscripted?

Had I not gotten burnt out, I believe we would have probably done a group match at Apocalypse, with Ty going ballistic on the Apostles during the match, leading to them abandoning him after being fed up with his abuse, followed by the Casket match at Unscripted. What's funny is that the Apostles abandoning Ty was the original plan for Kingdom Come until I fucked it all up and won the Lethal Lottery.

Apocalypse has been voted one of the worst PPV's on a consistent basis, giving off the notion that it is the worst cycle to hang around as it is mid-year and all the best PPV's are either gone or coming up. I've had a couple of ideas floating around in my head to improve the PPV like possibly removing the KFAD Elimination Chamber from Kingdom Come and shoving it on the Apocalypse card. At the moment, nothing is happening... I just got a random thought when writing the last question so it got me thinking: what would be your ideas to improve the PPV and the cycle overall?

I think the problem with Apocalypse is that looking at the other PPV's, KC is the grand daddy, with Redemption often finishing off whatever story's are left from KC, then we get Apocalypse. Often times we're starting completely new stories right after Redemption so we're not getting as established feuds and matches for that PPV. Following that is Unscripted which is always one of the funnest PPV's of the year with the gimmick matches and voting that we do. It's also got more established feuds going. All or Nothing sometimes suffers like Apocalypse while the LL sells itself just like the Royal Rumble.

I think moving the KFAD to Apocalypse would be a good start. KC has always had a ton of marquee matchups, it certainly isn't going to hurt it by removing the KFAD match and moving it elsewhere. One thing I would request is not change the KFAD match type. I know we had that discussion about changing it to a ladder match, but then we're just straight copying the MITB match and I feel like the Elimination Chamber gives us a winner that deserves the KFAD. Definitely something to consider.

If you could bring any WZCW wrestler back from the released section that isn't your own character, who would it be?

Carmen Bratchny.

Thoughts on me as a Creative member?

You were a damn fine Creative member, I think back to when it was Phoenix, Dave, Blade, yourself, Showtime, and myself as the golden era of sorts. Everyone was on the same page, and we took WZCW to the heights it's at now. Lee deserves a big credit for all that too as he assembled the core of that group and he handed it off to let us run with it and succeed as much as we can. As far you were concerned, you helped in quite a number of successful storylines, though for whatever reason we could not get your character out of the feud with Blade. Match writing wise you were late here and there but nothing that was ever a major problem. I enjoyed working with you on Creative.

Thoughts on GM?

I remember reading matches with GM in them when I first started in WZCW to get acquainted with the history and found the character highly intriguing. I'm glad you went heel with him because I believe that's the best fit for him. Definitely someone that Ty could have a great feud with in a similar fashion to what I did with Vengeance.

Reynolds?

Reynolds started off as your usual cocky heel, and slowly transitioned to a hardened veteran. I liked the journey Reynolds in that regard, a ton of personal conflicts rose up out of it, and some outstanding RP's came from you in the process.

Great tag team, and I think it took a lot for you to drop down from the Main Event scene and do something different. You helped Ricky tremendously being the mentor side of the team, and it's obvious you two played great off one another by the length of your tag title reign.

We have had a lot of shit thrown at us so thoughts on:

Our main event run together?

Personally I thought the feud was great. We built it up so well, leaving little hints here and there and with Ty taking a more tweener role when we had our Triple Threat match with Showtime. I think we could have done some things a lot better, and we made Reynolds look a little weaker then we probably should have, especially with the consecutive losses going into the Title match. I also thing Reynolds winning a #1 contender's match would have helped out tremendously. That all being said, I think the swerve was fairly obvious but it led to Ty becoming an even bigger heel then he was before. You pushed me to the limit and came the closest to knocking me off the perch without actually winning.

The shows we put as head and deputy of creative?

I'm biased but I thought they were phenomenal. I'm glad I had chosen you to be my right hand man and I believe we worked great together. Splitting up the duties as we did and bucking the trend of being the two major decision makers and involving everyone helped quite a bit. It led to the likes of Falkon and Funkay taking a stronger leadership role and really empowered everyone on the staff. It helped the AoC storyline tremendously, and it also helped that you and I had a lot of different ideas to make stories better, and KC IV was one of the best PPV's we've ever done.

The shows we have put out since you left?

It took you guys a bit to get going, some missteps took place and some hotshot booking with the Holmes suspension didn't help, but the writing was still quality. When the AoC storyline wrapped up it left a huge void in the storyline category and I think that's why it took you guys a couple cycles to hit on all cylinders again. I've enjoyed every show you guys have put on, and I look forward to them every weekend they go up.

Why people are scared of you and scared of approaching creative in general?

I have no idea. I would joke about being this overlord type leader, but I never was. I think it's the nature of what Creative does, in order to keep everything a surprise when the shows go up, you have to have a private section as we do in order to draw up plans and put shows together. Because we have to be secretive in that manner, it may put a lot of distrust in the people that are part of the fed. It doesn't help when we've probably reacted in an incorrect manner when people approach Creative or criticize something, and they may not understand how we feel when that happens. Creative puts a ton of effort into the whole fed, it's far more then what they see when the shows go up so when we got criticism or questioned, we'd feel like our efforts were insulted and we react accordingly. Obviously that's not how it should be done but it's hard not to feel that way when all your hard work isn't appreciated as much as you would expect.

The sudden stream of public criticism?

See above, we've reacted badly in the past, and I'm not sure who reacted badly to J before but that's certainly alarming if it's true. However, it's like anything that's a competition where judging is involved, you're opening yourself to that public criticism. Some have legitimate criticisms in the hopes of improving the fed (at least I hope that's the reason) because if they're doing it for the sake of trolling or pissing someone they don't like off, they need to knock it off at that point.

It's clear that there are a number of people in WZCW that don't like certain members of Creative, and that's fine, no one is going to get along with everyone, but at the same time personal feelings need to be set aside and act in a professional manner regarding the fed. I know it's for fun but the way some people attack and criticize others makes the fun disappear and it becomes more of a chore. And when you quit having fun doing this, you're going to lose the will or the desire to work harder on the fed. You take longer to get shows done, and you don't try as hard to book interesting feuds. I won't lie it was the way some guys started going after others that led to me leaving the Creative team and the fed for awhile. I was getting too wrapped up into trying to please everyone that I had forgotten to have fun myself, and when I quit having fun, what's the point in doing it anymore? I didn't do this to get paid, or to get justification in any sort of way, I did it because I love wrestling, and I love writing, and this combined the two into something I could really get into. If all I'm going to do is cause people to yell and complain when I'm trying my absolute best to make the fed enjoyable, and I get the complete opposite reaction and none of the positives are even noticed because the positives are always consistent, then it was time to step away. As you can see I didn't last too long before finding enjoyment in the fed again on the other side of the table. I love this place and I really didn't want to quit but it became work and rather time consuming doing everything that we did. As you can attest to, there were times where I didn't even bother help booking for a couple rounds just because I didn't even want to look in the Creative section while I was Head of Creative. I became absentee almost, around just enough to supervise if you will and write my matches.

It takes a toll being on Creative, especially when you're the head of the entire team. You're the guy everyone looks to, you're the one expected to cover for everyone else, and you're the one expected to come up with the best ideas. When I first started in WZCW, it wouldn't take much to get everything put together for a show. Matches were short, booking was easy, and we didn't have the roster we do now, and we only had Meltdown. As you can see we expanded to three shows now and a rather large roster. It doesn't matter how many Creative members you have, it's a massive amount of data to manage and arrange. I haven't finished that WZCW.com article I want to right because it took me an hour just to write up about three or four feuds, with the realization that I had probably another 5-6 to write about. That's crazy upon retrospect, and I commend you guys for managing things so well, it would be easy to lose someone in the mix but you guys have really done well in making sure everyone's doing something.

1. Was there anyone in the fed you thought would be too much for you as Ty Burna?

Not really. I don't mean to be pat myself on the back or anything but I felt I could face anyone at any time and come out victorious. A year long undefeated streak will give you that type of confidence. I've lost matches sure, but I feel like I've gotten to the point where whoever I face brings their absolute A game every time against me just because of what I've accomplished. Knowing that means I have to bring my A game every time, and though that hasn't always happened on either end, just knowing it ups the game for everybody makes it worth it.

2. Favourite storyline Ty Burna was a part of?

My feud with Showtime going into KCIII just edges out the AoC storyline. Showtime and I went balls out in that storyline, and it was something that had to happen. It got to the point that the World Title was almost an after thought, and though some disagree that it should happen, it was the only proper way Showtime and I had to have that match. We've destroyed each other and we've gone after one another so much that we had to up the ante, and upped it we did.

3. Favourite storyline you were the driving force behind (that you came up with basically)?

I hate talking about my own storylines, but the Apostles of Chaos and the subsequent owning of WZCW. I initially just wanted the stable, which I did get, but as the top heel of WZCW, I felt we could really blow this wide open with Ty taking over part of WZCW. It gave the fed a central storyline and the ultimate heel with Ty being almost every type of heel possible. Dark/Evil, Owner, Monster, and Cowardly by hiding behind his stable. I think it shook up the fed a bit from the usual as it truly did lead to Chaos all over the fed. I know some didn't care for it, but I know many enjoyed the major angle.

4. How much do you like Dragon as opposed to Ty Burna?
Califa is a fun character to write for, and it's completely different from Ty. It may be why I'm struggling a bit with him at the moment, but I'm hoping I can find that zone like I did with Ty and get the ball rolling. Ty is still my favorite character and there is a ton of story left for him that I haven't done, but every so often you need to take a break from a character and try something now.

5. You've already stated what you think of S.H.I.T and my past work, which I am grateful for, but I am a validation sponge. So what do you think of my recent RP's if you've been keeping up to date?

Your recent RP's have been some of your absolute best, and I thought you had the win over Chris K.O., but as others have said the loss probably did more good for your feud with The Empire. This post is getting extremely long so I'm not going to go in depth but just know that I've been enjoying your recent work immensely.

Crock, Dave, Funkay, Red SKull I'm not ignoring you guys but holy fuck I just wrote a shit ton. I'll get you guys tomorrow.

What lame questions. I'll hit you with the real stuff.

Ever abuse your power?
Why is it that I can beat Chris KO but I'm 0-2 against Sam Smith?
What's your favourite entrance theme?
Saboteur vs. Saxton or Big Dave vs. Steve Holmes? Why?
If Constantine wins the title at AON will that make me the number one contender? I'm sure it does but another opinion would be nice.
If Showtime loses should he get an immediate rematch? If not, who challenges for the title next?

Has there ever been anyone that got a big push that you were totally against?
On the flip side, has there ever been a guy you wanted to push, but other guys in the back decided not to?
How much did it kill you inside when you brohoofed me in rep after you stepped down as fed head?

Ty Burna can only have one more match, ever, who is it against? Someone new or someone old?

As a former head of creative, now on the outside, how often do you want to dive back in?

Let's bump this a bit because we have a new generation of RPers, and I'm curious to see what kind of questions I get a year later. My apologies for letting this go for those that asked questions and never got answers, however I will answer Miko's first question.

If Ty had only one more match ever, it would have to be against Showtime one final time. It seems like the easy answer because well, it is. Showtime and I came up around the same time, and he and I were tied to the hip for so long. We've had three World Title matches, main evented KC III, and generally have done it all. We've swapped wins, we've been bitter rivals and on rare, very rare, occasions we've been allies. If I had to give Ty a goodbye match, that would be it.

Does it hurt you each time you pop in and see my nice big bold name and pony avatar?

Seriously though, how do you feel when you see all the new names at the top of the card? A lot of the guys in the main event, the guys you can look at and say "hey that guy is a top two or three face/heel in the fed right now" were just rookies and low card guys when you were in the midst of your reign of terror.

Does it hurt you each time you pop in and see my nice big bold name and pony avatar?

Not really. You're just an e-fed mod ;). (Really old mod joke there.)

Seriously though, how do you feel when you see all the new names at the top of the card? A lot of the guys in the main event, the guys you can look at and say "hey that guy is a top two or three face/heel in the fed right now" were just rookies and low card guys when you were in the midst of your reign of terror.

I think it's awesome. It's great to see some of the fresh talent rising to the top and getting their shot to shine in the spotlight. I see guys like Triple X, Ricky Runn, SHIT, Stormrage, etc. that are the primary stars nowadays, and it puts a smile on my face. SHIT has been ready for the main event for some time and it's even better when I got to work with Miko and make SHIT the killer he is now. I started ECD and one of my first matches was teaming with Runn on an afterthought tag match to give us something to do, and working with Pancake was a lot of fun for that match. Then Triple X, I've said it before that I'm a big mark for the character and the RPer is outstanding as well. Right now I think we got a good mix of new and old in the fed, and now that we're matching that up we're getting some really fresh feuds out of the deal, and that should bode well for this round and the future to come.

Some breakout stars I see are: Fallout (obviously), Amber Warren (I'm legally required to mention Amber), Dynamite has an awesome character in Flex Mussel, Theron Daggershield has the potential to be a John Cena face in WZCW, Dr. Zeus took the fed by storm, and once Haiku gets it turned around he'll be back to destroying everything in his path. Theo has done a fantastic job with The Beard, the personal story he's taking us on with the character has been fantastic. I could keep going on but even though we have some low numbers, the people that are here have me excited for the future. Being on Creative again and seeing all this is like being a kid opening gifts on Christmas. You mean I get to work with all this and mold shows out of all this talent? Awesome.

On the flip side of that however, part of that came from some heavy hitters retiring such as Barbosa. While that opened the logjam at the top as we've had numerous people ready to breakout, it's sad to see some of my favorites leave the fed.

Not really. You're just an e-fed mod ;). (Really old mod joke there.)

I remember there was a mod list posted in a thread for some reason when I was an e-fed mod and people were thinking Buttybox and I were on there by mistake since we weren't in bold...

I remember there was a mod list posted in a thread for some reason when I was an e-fed mod and people were thinking Buttybox and I were on there by mistake since we weren't in bold...

Jealousy can be an ugly thing. E-Fed mod fo' lyf!

Everyone knows non-bolded mods are fake mods. :p

Ty, what are your thoughts on the Merry Band of Misfits that make up Theron's party? Who do you like the most and least disregarding Theron? Any recommendations on ways I could improve in terms of how I write these characters? (Including Theron)

Ah yes, being a semi mod was interesting. You had all the powers except banning and board room access, with none of the user name formatting.

Jealousy can be an ugly thing. E-Fed mod fo' lyf!

I always found it funny that e-fed mods, even the bolded ones, were considered the bottom of the totem pole. While we didn't have to delete or ban as much as others, we did do a hell of a lot of work for our section. Probably just as much as a WWE mod would.

Ah yes, being a semi mod was interesting. You had all the powers except banning and board room access, with none of the user name formatting.

I played with my mod powers as much as I could because I knew that was my only shot at moddom. If I had only hung on for another few weeks, I would've gotten a shot at being a real mod, if I remember correctly.

I played with my mod powers as much as I could because I knew that was my only shot at moddom. If I had only hung on for another few weeks, I would've gotten a shot at being a real mod, if I remember correctly.

What could have been.....

Барбоса;4824873 said:

Of course. I mentioned previously it was sad seeing you leave the fed, and you had become arguably the biggest star of the fed. Though to sort of go out on top, your last match being a world title defense, and the way the mach ended was a perfect finale for Barbosa.

Thoughts on Fallout?

Big fan of the character. I'm cheering for you to complete the seven Elite X defenses and getting a world title shot. The allegories you write in your personal story for Fallout that tie back to his opponent are excellent. I recently wrote your match against Eve Taylor, and I think I did alright mixing in the aggressiveness and the strategic elements of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back