[OFFICIAL] Sheamus Wins The 2012 Royal Rumble Discussion

ih8myusername94

*insert clever catchphrase here*
What are your reactions? I'm excited for him personally. It was very shocking that he won though, I thought it would be a predictable Chris Jericho win.

Ahh, what a fucking horrible rumble...Why the hell did they change it from 2 minutes to 90 seconds? It felt way toooooo short.

Jericho should have won, Sheamus could have won it next year or the year after that.

Fuck, I got no goosebumps whatsoever from Sheamus winning.

Nobody expected it, but Sheamus really does deserve it. He got a pop that rivaled Orton's and Jericho's.

I think the surprise finish was a tremendous booking decision.

Called it last month when Bryan captured the WHC, I sensed that they would get their WM match for the title after their match last yr was bumped to a dark match last year - well deserved and a nice swerve into thinking we would get a Orton/Barrett/Jericho winner - will make to an interesting feud.

Congrats to the Celtic Warrior / Great White - All Round good fella :) - Loved the final 2 booking was very well done !!

The Rumble match itself was one of the weakest Rumbles in the history of the event. However, I am ecstatic for Sheamus. The ending between he and Jericho was great. We are witnessing the beginning of a huge year for the Celtic Warrior. He earned my respect tonight.

Ahh, what a fucking horrible rumble...Why the hell did they change it from 2 minutes to 90 seconds? It felt way toooooo short.

Jericho should have won, Sheamus could have won it next year or the year after that.

Fuck, I got no goosebumps whatsoever from Sheamus winning.

I thought the rumble had too many silly moments and even sillier entrances. I'm just happy that WWE mixed it up a little bit instead of being predictable and giving it to Jericho. Sheamus is fully capable of working a main event, imo. Even if Jericho won the rumble, then we wouldn't be able to see him face 'Taker.

Called it last month when Bryan captured the WHC, I sensed that they would get their WM match for the title after their match last yr was bumped to a dark match last year - well deserved and a nice swerve into thinking we would get a Orton/Barrett/Jericho winner - will make to an interesting feud.

Congrats to the Celtic Warrior / Great White - All Round good fella - Loved the final 2 booking was very well done !!

I do agree, too many silly parts, however I felt the booking at the end was strong, Sheamus is here and as for Jericho, he didint need the win, I see the whole picture with him and Punk coming together soon

So tonight, Sheamus won the Royal Rumble! Honeslty i was extremly extremly DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS PPV! This PPV litterally had the potentiol to be the best of all time, to further feuds, interferance, surprise entrances, returns etc. So lets see, there was no outside interference, no hiding outside the ring, nothing to further feuds, NO SURPRISE ENTRANTS REALLY! No guys returning from injury except for Kharma which doesnt count. THis PPV really has me upset! Chris Jerichos return litteraly was ruined! This was litterally the worst pPV of all time and i think i may have just lost complete faith in the WWE creative team!
What did you guys think?

:banghead:

I thought the Rumble match itself was actually pretty good. I personally like the decision that Sheamus won the Rumble instead of going with the obvious with Jericho. Sheamus has been having a rock solid year in 2011 and has been doing great as a face. I think Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan is a good way to go for the Smackdown main event and Daniel Bryan has been more interesting by the day with his slow heel turn.

Jericho didn't need the win, Sheamus could use it WAY more than most and I think it was the right decision putting him over in such a fashion. He deserves it and I look forward to seeing how he progresses, nice work WWE.

So sheamus has just won the 2012 rumble last elimination was on chris jericho.

What did you make of the whole match?

Where do you see chris jericho, sheamus going from here?

Will orton and barrett feud into wrestlemania?

Who will sheamus challenge?

There are so many questions but lets keep it too one post :)

The Rumble was entertaining as hell and good for Sheamus for winning the Rumble. He's over, he deserves the spot and he can be a great main eventer.

So I guess that makes it Sheamus v. D-Bry at WM, but who does Punk face?

IMO, Sheamus needed that one. But I personally would have loved to see Wade Barrett win it, as I thought he needed a push and a World Title reign. But no problem whatsoever with Sheamus winning it.

Oh yeah, and putting a steel cage World Championship Match before an 8 woman divas match would make anyone lose faith in the creative team. They screwed it up by having the World Championship Match as the very first match of Wrestlemania last year. It's like the World Championship has no more value.

I am very upset. Not because Sheamus won. Not because Y2J didn't win. I am upset because we waited for Y2J to make sense, and is this all? Wait... wait... wait... and finally he shows up without saying a word... wait for him to talk... wait.... wait.... and he says something will happen at RR. And at RR nothing happens... I wonder what all those smarks jumping up and down that WWE was doing something great will say about this now... If anything WWE ruined a return that could have been great. Key words: could have been

To be perfectly honest, you're over-reacting.

1) We have a NEW Royal Rumble winner. Thank god it wasnt Orton who won it
2) Kudos to Y2J for putting a great show and as usual putting people over. Though I would've laughed if he was no 30 and everyone was eliminated. To the Troll-Man LOL
3)The only thing I found wrong with this royal rumble were 4 entrants: The Announcers and HackSaw Jim Duggan. This was the "waste" entrants IMO. They could've put 4 jobbers in there and it would've been better
4)Orton should not have squashed Barrett like that IMO. I think it would've been better if Barrett was in it longer and if he eliminated Orton. But it's St.Louis. The fans need to be happy I guess...

This is something WWE needed. We didnt see any "big-time" main-eventers for the majority of the match. Mick had his moment with Santino. Road Dogg Jesse James had his 15 seconds of fame. And Kharma's gonna shake up the divas division. Let's just hope she aint pregnant again. Kharma vs Beth vs Natayla at WM28. WWWYKI!

All jokes aside, WWE got it right..bro...

Congrats to the Celtic Warrior / Great White - All Round good fella - Loved the final 2 booking was very well done !!

Jericho didn't need the win, he has bigger things which we will wait to see. Agree the rumble wasn't the greatest but liked the ending and outcome

I thought it was solid, without being outstanding.

Ziggles v Punk was amazing.

Miz and Rhodes were awesome in the rumble, as was Ziggler.

Sheamus has sweet F' All to do atm, so winning the Rumble was important for him.

Sheamus could have won it next year, or the year after that, he has a lot of time left in the WWE.

Jericho doesn't. Hes already 40, he should have won...

Why Sheamus, this guy hasn't been doing anything for the past few months, except for beating Mahal.

Rather have Kane, or someone win it, Even Orton, why the fuck Sheamus

I am very upset. Not because Sheamus won. Not because Y2J didn't win. I am upset because we waited for Y2J to make sense, and is this all? Wait... wait... wait... and finally he shows up without saying a word... wait for him to talk... wait.... wait.... and he says something will happen at RR. And at RR nothing happens... I wonder what all those smarks jumping up and down that WWE was doing something great will say about this now... If anything WWE ruined a return that could have been great. Key words: could have been

I guess him saying something would happen at the Rumble is another thing to give him more Heel heat, Jericho didn't need the win but I'm sure he will play off it etc, the man is a genius

I THINK ITS COOL THAT WWE IS PUSHING SHEAMUS BECAUSE THEY SEE SOMEONE THAT WILL TAKE OVER WIN SOME OF THE VETERANS RETIRE

This was a terrible move.

Had Jericho stepped over the top rope and eliminated himself when it was down to him and Sheamus, we would have had the same result, and there'd be even more intrigue around Chris Jericho.

Instead he was eliminated cleanly. Failed to live up to the "end of the world", loses the mystique he had built over the past few weeks, thrown away months of building up his return. It's only a matter of time before he reverts to the sniveling heel that can't win a match clean to save his life.

I'm a huge Chris Jericho, and I'm not angry he lost, I'm annoyed on how he's being mishandled yet again. His whole career in the WWE he's been mishandled, with the exception of his feuds with Michaels and Flair, but I give the credit there to the talented superstars involved and not WWE writers or booking.

A poor pay per view I thought, the content and quality of matches was lacking. I was expecting big things from Punk and Ziggler but their contest on RAW a month or so ago was better.

As for the Rumble I was fully expecting Jericho to win so was a little shocked with the Sheamus victory. Not too disappointed by Sheamus winning but I think the whole Jericho story could end up being a let down.

On a sidenote, I'm shocked Cena or Kane never appeared in the Rumble match.

IMO, Sheamus needed that one. But I personally would have loved to see Wade Barrett win it, as I thought he needed a push and a World Title reign. But no problem whatsoever with Sheamus winning it.

Oh yeah, and putting a steel cage World Championship Match before an 8 woman divas match would make anyone lose faith in the creative team. They screwed it up by having the World Championship Match as the very first match of Wrestlemania last year. It's like the World Championship has no more value.

Sheamus has just become the most overrated wrestler in the WWE. I'm amazed at how many people are alright with this win. Sure Sheamus is fairly over as a face but since he's turned he's done nothing except tell bad Irish folk tales and say "arse." My biggest issue is that Sheamus beat guys like Barrett, Rhodes, Ziggler even Miz who all are better in the ring and on the mic than he is. Sheamus is Triple H's golden boy and he will now be shoved down our throats for years, delivering the same promos again and again and never pushing himself to improve because he knows that Trips will keep him in his spot. Terrible finish to a pretty solid Rumble. If you're happy with the Sheamus win then you're missing the forest for the trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back