[OFFICIAL] Pissed Off Showdown Thread

I don't really need to provide an arguement, it's quite obvious. It's kinda like when your parents tell you that Santa Claus doesn't exist and you're all like "whoa, so that's why Santa had the same writing as mom and dad". Actually it's not like that at all, but you know what I mean.

Don't know, I kind of see it this way. If religion is wrong, hey, no harm done, right? They try to make the world a nicer place (most of them anyway, not speaking about false prophets) and they're not really losing anything by being wrong.

But, if the non-believers/haters/bashers are wrong.... well, let's just say they have a lot worse at stake if they end up on the wrong side of the equation.

I'm not religious at all, but I don't shit on people who are unless they need to hear it.

Same. I'm actually an antitheist, but as counter-intuitive as it is, I try not to shit on people who are theists unless they have it coming/deserve it, and usually the only way people deserve it is if their religion excludes a certain group of people or if they push their beliefs on others. If someone asks me to explain my beliefs I usually do it happily, though.

And I'm sure you wouldn't do it...if YOU ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING RELIGIOUS. :)

Oh absolutely not. If I genuinely had a question about something I didn't understand, I wouldn't insult when I got the answer. But if say someone were to post on my Facebook that something I was doing was immoral and I was going to have to answer to God for this, I would tear into them.

But, if the non-believers/haters/bashers are wrong.... well, let's just say they have a lot worse at stake if they end up on the wrong side of the equation.

That's the absolute worst reason for anyone to be religious. Seriously, changing your religion to bang a chick is a better reason than converting out of fear of going to hell. Anyone who tries to scare me into converting with this argument is met with a harsh laugh in the face, and left alone from there.

Where in the Bible does it say "be nice to everyone, particularly those who come in threads looking to troll and steal attention for him or herself by seeming disinterested"? Because I'm not seeing that.

And furthermore, I'm not a Bible text-proofer anyway. I don't read it literally.

I don't take it literally either, other wise I would take that passage as people who sin are not allowed to stone people, but if you do not sin it is ok. Nothing more, nothing less.

You used this passage to explain why Jesus would forgive and not punish somebody who had done wrong(the basketball player in question). But a woman does not agree with your teachings and you do not forgive her, instead you say profanities towards her and speak ill about her on the internet.

I don't take it literally either, other wise I would take that passage as people who sin are not allowed to stone people, but if you do not sin it is ok. Nothing more, nothing less.

You used this passage to explain why Jesus would forgive and not punish somebody who had done wrong(the basketball player in question). But a woman does not agree with your teachings and you do not forgive her, instead you say profanities towards her and speak ill about her on the internet.

Don't remember where I was pissed at her for not agreeing with particular teachings. Otherwise...I wouldn't have been talking to her. She was not being very respectful of something clearly important to me.

And what she was doing was bullshit. I think I remember writing something about holding my tongue on actually being personally mean to her. And also, who says i'm not open for forgiveness?

Quick to assume and to scapegoat, Normy.

Don't remember where I was pissed at her for not agreeing with particular teachings. Otherwise...I wouldn't have been talking to her. She was not being very respectful of something clearly important to me.

And what she was doing was bullshit. I think I remember writing something about holding my tongue on actually being personally mean to her. And also, who says i'm not open for forgiveness?

Quick to assume and to scapegoat, Normy.

I told a woman that she is inconsiderate and full of shit. Then I went and did a killer leg workout.

That certainly does not seem like holding your tongue to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back