What moment in wrestling pissed you off?

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
Apologize if this has been done, remove if so. There's been alot of moments in professional wrestling that have drawn the ire of fans. What did it take to get you pissed at wrestling? Whether it was a kayfabe moment, a storyline, a title change, whatever you can think of. I remember as a younger kid watching nWo return to the WWE. The nWo beat the hell out of The Rock, who was my favorite then. When they put The Rock in the ambulance, they took IT over and drove a tractor-trailer into the ambulance.. seemingly "taking The Rock out" I HATED the nWo after that. I was a pissed off little kid..

[youtube]RiIMf2FLOws[/youtube]

The first thing that literally pissed me off as a wrestling fan was Papa Shango putting a curse on the Ultimate Warrior ... and I don't say that in a kayfabe sense. I mean that it was painfully obvious that it was staged and wasn't legitimate ... and this was the first hint at my young age that wrestling wasn't what it seemed to be.

At 13 years of age, I viewed that to be insulting to my intelligence, and I can safely say that being that at that point, kayfabe was still alive and well.

All the moments that piss me off when I think about them is Triple H winning World Titles.
Number one, when Triple H defeated Randy Orton for the world title in 2004. I had only been watching for half a year and it pissed me off so much when HHH beat Orton. Then at the elimination chamber at the start of 2005 Triple H went and won the vacant World title. I thought, why did they even bother stripping him of it if they were just going to give it back to him. I was annoyed when Triple H won then lost the WWE Championship to Orton in 2007 at No Mercy. I didn't mind him winning the title from Orton/Cena/JBL but him not dropping it to Hardy, having Edge win instead, Hardy beat Edge, Edge beat Hardy just for HHH to win it again, I hated that as well (mostly cause Hardy wrestled once in those 6 weeks and Edge only held it for 3 weeks a piece, might as well have just kept it on HHH). Then finally HHH beating Orton at WM25

Looking at that, it seems that I just hate HHH being near the World Title.

The moment that pissed me off more than anything ever has in professional wrestling was Raven losing the Untied States Championship to Goldberg on Monday Night Nitro.

First of all, Raven was my favorite wrestler in the company besides Sting, and when Raven FINALLY beat Diamond Dallas Page and won a title, I was beyond stoked. But the VERY NEXT NIGHT, he loses to Goldberg. Can you believe that shit? I was infuriated and I've hated Goldberg ever since. Seriously, what was the point of that? Goldberg didn't need that fucking title. And after that, Raven would go on to lose another match against DDP, and he was basically never pushed again. It was complete bullshit and the thought of it pisses me off all over again.

Also, obvious answer here, but Starrcade 1997. Jesus Christ... what the fuck were they thinking? I had never been that excited for a match ever, and Hogan completely fucked it all up. I love Hogan, but a part of me will always be bitter towards him over that. I still can't just how horrible that match went.

I didn't know that Scott Hall had left WWE when he appeared in Razor Ramon-mode on WCW programming, issuing the challenge: "Our three best guys against your three best guys."

I was stupid; I admit it. But the possibilities that presented themselves of the two promotions working together were really exciting and I was righteously pissed off when Hall "lost" his Cuban accent shortly afterward and the whole thing proved itself to be a ruse.

So many things pissed, piss or will piss me off about Pro Entertainment / Sports Wrestling, but one that sticks out in my mind is when Chris Jericho beat Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock in the same night for both of their Titles. On the other side of the coin, I was pissed when Triple H beat Jericho at the following WM X8.

Another moment that pissed me off is when Austin joined the WCW / ECW Alliance.

Another would be Kurt Angle losing the TNA Tag Team Titles and the TNA X – Title at No Surrender 2007. I mean, he should have, at the very least, kept one of those two along with the World Title. He’s Kurt “Freakin” Angle. Damn, now I pissed again, thinking about it.

Another one was not really a moment, but more like a decision made by the Heads. I was pissed that the WWE didn’t bring in the ECW World, TV and Tag Titles during Invasion. Booker T. and Rhyno could have been made even bigger if they teamed up and Rhyno had the ECW World and ECW TV Titles with him while Booker had his WCW World and WCW US Titles with him. They could have made ECW look stronger and make up for the lack of “Names” WCW was missing.

Yet another one was not really a big deal, but Vince taking himself out of / Shane keeping himself in the Main Event at Survivor Series 2001.

One last one, the formation of the N. W. O. B- Team. You know you have too many members when you have a B-Team.

Probably when Kane fought HHH at No Mercy 2002 in a match to unify the IC Title with the World Title. At this time Kane was way over and if ever there was a time to put the belt on him and finally see what he could do, this was the time. As a Kane fan that pissed me off indeed.

Also, when Sting was feuding with Vampiro in WCW...I didn't like the Human Torch Match (badly done) at the Great American Bash and for some reason Vampiro just made me feel slimey...I just didn't want Sting anywhere near the man. Similarly on an episode of Nitro when Vamprio had the fake blood fall on Sting and then tied his unconscious body to the winch, I just hated that for some reason.

quite a few moments have actually pissed me off but one moment that stands out in my head is Great American Bash 2004 when JBL won the world title. I was so happy that eddie retained then kurt angle came out in that shitty wheelchair and showed us the replay where JBL actually beat him, i was so pissed off with that i actually tried to kick my tv.

One would have to be J.B.L. winning the United States Championship from Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania XX. It didn't benefit either man, J.B.L. had a rather forgettable title reign, while Benoit had just won the title at the previous ppv.

Edge getting injured in July 2007. I wasn't a fan of Edge, but I really wanted to see that Edge vs. Kane World Heavyweight Championship match at Great American Bash.

Triple H not letting Randy Orton win the WWE Championship from him at Wrestlemania 25. Orton was the Royal Rumble winner and really should have won the title there, but WWE made him lose just to win at Backlash.

WWE completely erasing Chris Benoit and pretending that he had absolutely no existence. You can't just forget about everything he did. Sure, what he (might) have done was wrong, you still help the WWE be very entertaining in the early 2000's.

The Undertaker getting stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship last year. I really didn't get the point in that. He needs that one long dominant reign that he had back in 1997. Why couldn't it have happened then?

Owen Hart not being in the Hall of Fame. People criticize WWE for letting or making him perform that stunt knowing that he was afraid of heights. They criticize WWE for not stopping the ppv after knowing about his death, and not telling the fans. WWE was sued by Owen's widow. He should be in the Hall of Fame.

That's all I can remember for now. I'll add to it whenever I think of anything else.

I think the there are two moments that really pissed me off when it comes to wrestling. One being Starrcade 97... It was one of the most epic build ups I can ever remember. We really haven't seen a build like that since. Sting had gone into exile, and then reappeared. Then he never talked. It was amazing. He came out time and time again, without saying a word. Then to have Hogan screw it over, by not wanting to lose cleanly to him. It was terrible. It was one of the most pathetic things that I have ever seen.

Then I think the other is when Hogan wouldn't lay down again at Halloween Havoc. He just came out in his street clothes and laid down. Not putting anyone over... It really annoyed me.

For me to would have to be Shawn Michaels jobbing to Rey Mysterio after Eddie died. After the 3 count, I just sighed and said to myself "Yup. Here we go. The Mysterio train. Watch the belts come in now."

Many, even though it was recent does ZZ Top hosting Raw ring any bells? I would also have to say when I was front row watching Raw vs. Smackdown vs. ECW in Dayton Ohio. I saw Big Show join ECW, and Sabu tap out to John Cena. Soon after, ECW was on Sci Fi with The Zombie starting the show. So much for that ECW idea. Probably the worst was when Bischoff and Russo teamed together on Nitro, and David Arquette became WCW World Champion. That and former ECW Champion Mike Awesome becoming That 70's Guy. Awful.

Probably the number one thing in wrestling that pissed me off was at Wrestlemaina 22 when John Cena beat HhH to retain the WWE Title I have liked HhH for a long time I think hes a great wrestler but just like how the fans were at the arena at Wrestlemaina 22 I was pissed at the end when Cena beat Triple H it was right then and there I said to my self John Cena is overrated and he still is overrated.

First off, I got pissed off when they had Booker T change his accent every week in TNA. Now he tries to talk gangsta and it does not work for him.

I was not pissed, but a little annoyed, when someone had posted that Undertaker had shorter hair, I was hoping for a revamped combination of American Badass Taker and his current gimmick, and he could be like Ghost Rider kinda, but yeah anyway.

When they brought the nWo in to the WWE. That pissed me off, especially when it was HBK, Nash, Xpac, and Big Show in it.

David Arquette winning the belt, that signaled the end for me and wrestling for a while. I couldn't get into that. I still get pissed thinking about it, and I really don't remember anything other than him actually winning it. It took me out of wrestling for years. There have been plenty of things just recently that I've been pissed about (i.e. Shane McMahon beating everyone up) but this really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Pretty much about the last 5 years of wwe as a whole

Are you serious? since 2004 you haven't enjoyed the WWE? I mean as a whole? Damn , I've always enjoyed it. Care to elaborate on any of that maybe?

Everything TNA has done since Scott steiner, Kurt angle,Booker, Nash, Sting and Foley got there

gosh darn it. Do you still like wrestling at all?

As far as whats pissed me off, I would have to say that Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania XX. Such a great build up, and they both just screwed over the fans by wasting the match, running down the clock.

Sure, Lesnar is having a great MMA career now, but then, I was furious that he would give up future legendary status in order to just try out for an NFL team, which he would be subsequently dropped from. Couldnt have cared less about Goldberg.

Hogan defeating Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 2005 annoyed me SO much. I don't generally care about who wins a match, but Hogan winning made NO sense. He's left the company, so it's hardly helping him gain momentum or anything else. I know Shawn didn't really need a win, but he'd have done more with it than Hogan did.

Erm this depends on whether you mean that something pissed me off because it was stupid booking that ruined my enjoyment of the product or whether it was an event that pissed me off because my favourite wrestler was beaten up.

If it was legitimate being pissed off it was when John Cena won the Royal Rumble in 2008. Not the actual event itself, Cena is my favourite wrestler and I was cheering like I was 12 again, no it was the fact they had the Royal Rumble winner cash his shot in at No Way Out. What the fuck?!? Since when did the Rumble winner have a clause where he could have his match whenever he liked? Hasn't it always been "in the main event at Wrestlemania". This ruined the Royal Rumble for me, as the prestige had gone and then the winner, although getting a title shot at 'Mania, wasn't the main focus of the triple threat match and it didn't Main Event the show.

As for kayfabe pissed off I would have to say Vince McMahon turning on The Rock at Wrestlemania 2000. Although now I appreciate this move from a business viewpoint, The Rock was my favourite wrestler and I was dying to see him beat HHH. When he got rid of Big Show and HHH got rid of Foley it was all set up for The Rock to pin HHH and we had the perfect 'Mania ending. Then Vince had to hit The Rock with the chair and I was close to tears. Backlash more than made up for it though.

I can probably remember things that have pissed me off in the past few years, otherwise... I can't really say. It has all become some sort of an amalgam of memories. I really got pissed, when Jericho had the best match on the card, last year at Summerslam, earning that title a 1000 times over and a 1000 times again, just to job to Cena in his first defence. I was livid, because here's a guy who has bust his ass his whole career, dealing with overwhelming odds, who, arguably, had the best heel heat at a time when they needed a strong heel champ, who has always been treated with contempt by management, because of his size, who has been limited by regulations to use a different in-ring style than he usually does, taking his well-earned strap, finally, just to be jobbed out to modern-day Popeye the Sailor, who hasn't done anything in the past few months but sport a new shirt. Ridiculous.
The other thing that pissed me off recently was TNA's ppv introductions. You have a world championship match, especially when it's a 3-way or a 4-way, and you waste time one video packs? What's wrong with you? Here's how it goes: they have a vid highlighting the match, then you have the bullet points, then you have each guy walking to the ring and another video pack for every separate guy, then you have the ring introductions by JB, and if you're not dead by then, you get to watch the match, plus they had cut a promo somewhere during the PPV. So out of a 20-25 minute solid 3-way or 4-way match they could have, you get a 9-minute match. I felt robbed when that happened at Hard Justice or any other PPV. It's just unfair.

Paying for Wrestlemania XXV this year pissed me off no end. Its the only PPV I will spend the money on each year, but aside from HBK vs Taker which was a joy to watch, the whole event was a massive let down.

Triple H's "reigns of doom" also annoyed me. Like has already been said, the unification of WHC and Intercontinental a few years back was the perfect time to give Kane the belt. In general, anyone like HHH or Hogan refusing to lose to a heavily over opponent for no reason other than ego I think pisses everyone off, particularly when they are the heel.

Looking to the future, if CM Punk loses the WHC to Taker at Breaking Point would piss me off. As has been stated many times, Taker does not need the title and surely the aim of this feud is to get Punk even further over as the mega-heel on Smackdown. Punk has taken giant strides towards becoming the best heel in the company at the moment. I certainly think he has overtaken Orton and is on his way to overhauling Jericho. Taking the title from him after only three weeks will destroy much of the momentum he has gathered

One thing that has really has annoyed me over the past couple of years is the amount of times Edge has won the WWE/World Title. since 2006 he has had 9 title reigns... WTF!

the excuse for this is that fans now days cant pay attention to long title reigns (since we all hated Cena's year long title reign). but im sure we wouldnt mind a 5 month reign at the very least (as im sure that what we would have gotten if Edge wasnt injured).

in 2009 alone Edge has won the WWE Title once and the World Title twice all of which was in the space of 4 months.

There have been plenty of storylines in wrestling that have pissed me off over the years. But the only time I think I was legitimately angry was during the time period that it became blatantly obvious that the WWE's version of ECW was not going to include anything extreme.

At the beginning of the ECW revival, it appeared that Vince was going to give Heyman the ball and let him run with it. One Night Stand was such a tremendous PPV, the WWE signed alot of the old ECW talent, and announced that there was going to be a weekly ECW TV show. RVD finally became a world champion (2 belts at one time, bitches), I was getting to see many of my old favorites perform again; I could not have been happier.

Obviously, Vince's plan was simply to use the letters ECW because they still held value. I was so pissed off at the time. I stopped watching WWE programming and vowed never to watch WWECW ever again. I'm over it now, and I do watch ECW (thanks to Jack Swagger). Although, I still think it's shameful that Vince never changed the name.

Hmmm... I've gotta say the one thing that really stands out in my mind was when Brock Lesnar turned heel against Kurt Angle on SmackDown. I understand now that Lesnar was alot better as a heel than a babyface, but at the time I was a huge (and I mean huge) Brock Lesner mark... so to see my favourite wrestler at the time turn into a right bastard really, really pissed me off.

There have been plenty of storylines in wrestling that have pissed me off over the years. But the only time I think I was legitimately angry was during the time period that it became blatantly obvious that the WWE's version of ECW was not going to include anything extreme.

I think what was way worse than that though was how ECW was used in the Invasion angle. With the exception of RVD, every single wrestler from ECW was made to look like a complete bitch all throughout the angle. Fucking Taz got whipped with a leathers belt by Steve Austin and did NOTHING about it. This is Taz we're talking about here. TAZ!!! Seriously, what the fuck? And then you had Saturn falling in love with a mop, Raven losing every week, Rhino getting pushed and then looking like a joke the next week, guys like Mike Awesome, Dreamer, and Lance Storm looking like chumps, and so on and so on. It was beyond ridiculous, and hurt the ECW name well before it was 'resurrected' under the WWE flag. At least under the 'resurrection' we got two great pay-per-views (both original One Night Stands), CM Punk, and a few great matches out of it, whereas with the Invasion angle, the ONLY memorable thing we got out of it was Heyman's promo when it all started, and was only for it to get ruined the same night when they joined up with WCW. It was absolutely pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back