NXT TakeOver: The End - Shinsuke Nakamura VS Austin Aries

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was officially announced tonight that Austin Aries and Shinsuke Nakamura will meet at TakeOver Revenge two weeks from tonight after both men laid their claims upon being NXT Champion, though this isn't a #1 contender's match.

I think there's little doubt of Nakamura winning this one as he's got all the buzz, he's the bigger star and he's the one WWE's got the most invested in. At any rate, it should still be a very fun, physical match up.

I agree this will be a fun, physical match, but I think the best bet would be to turn Austin Aries heel and beat Nakamura giving them a feud before one or both face Joe. Besides Joe there really aren't any solid heels and turning Aries heel creates a new top heel.

I dunno, WWE will have bigger plans for Nakamura, with him eventually taking the title off Joe. I think they'll get a Takeover main event out of Aries first. And it's not like NXT doesn't pander, thAt would be a TNA/ROH match on WWE territory and fans will go crazy for it.

I agree with turning Aries heel. Guy is a MUCH better heel than face in my opinion and NXT is lacking in top heels after Corbin's promotion.

Nakamura will probably win this but it might be smart to have Aries go over and turn in the process. Win or not, Nakamura doesn't lose or gain a whole lot either way, but an Aries win would be huge for his credibility. This all depends on whether WWE has any sort of long-term plan for Aries... if he's actually somebody they're invested in, it would be smart to put him over.

As stated above, Nakamura is the bigger talent here. He needs to take the NxT title off the badass Samoa Joe.

Either let Nakamura win and Aries could turn heel with post-match attack Or Let Aries go over using a heel tactic.

Aries is a good choice for filling the void of a heel like Baron Corbin.

I am a longtime fan of Aries and have always wanted him in NxT/WWE. And Nakamura has recently made me his fan.

Match of the night by some distance. Promised and delivered and both guys came out looking like rockstars. I knew an apron spot was coming, but still that was just freaking amazing.

If you get the chance, look at Nakamura after Aries' first suicide dive, it's an AMAZING bump, dead dropping to the floor. Shinsuke could sell ice to eskimos.

For me, this was the low point of the show. It was just a boring match that a fell asleep on. I don't get what the whole nakamura hype is all about. He's got great charisma and a main event presence, but I just can't get into his matches. As far as aries is concern, I just don't see the passion for wrestling that he had in tna. He's just going through the motion in nxt and it's shows. He reminds me of Mr.anderson in tna, he was a great talent that had and was a main event level talent in wwe ten left for tna, didn't change anything nd became stale just like aries in nxt.

The match delivered but I'll be honest, I did expect it to be better. I'm disappointed Nakamura won... Aries could've been a good contender for Joe and then Nakamura would've eventually beaten Joe later down the line. I'm not really sure what Aries will do now, but I think he needs to he given more mic time and heel it up more to show off how great he can be!

In my opinion; the match would have been better if there was more heat going into it. Maybe they didn't want to draw this feud out over too much time, but it's a bit odd that a guy like Austin Aries was just cleanly beaten in a match where only pride was on the line.

Maybe their feud has only just gotten started. Austin took the kinshasa kick better than anybody else, so hopefully that earned him some kudos in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back