NXT TakeOver: San Antonio: NXT Championship - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) VS Bobby Roode

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Due to winning a fatal fourway #1 contender's match on last night's NXT, Bobby Roode earned the right to head to the next TakeOver event, held in San Antonio during the Royal Rumble weekend, to face Shinsuke Nakamura for the strap.

Roode's been a lot of fun to watch and listen to since coming to NXT with his "Glorious" schtick and I'm kinda torn really. Part of me would like to see him win the NXT Championship while another part of me would rather see him moved to the main roster. If given a choice, I'd rather Roode lost at TakeOver and debuted on the main roster by being a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble the next night. Roode's almost 40 and that's a pretty narrow window of opportunity that'll only grow smaller the longer he's in NXT.

I'm torn about this matchup too.

I guess that I would've liked to avoid this matchup but there's no viable choice other than Roode for Shinsuke Nakamura.

Maybe Tye Dillinger but no one would treat him as a credible challenger for Nakamura.

But if Hideo Itami is returning soon, then I'm all in for Nakamura retaining and Roode getting called up to main roster.

I don't know who wins this one but I know the loser of the next Takeover event will be on the main roster almost immediately after. And this is from reliable sources.

Much more excited to see Roode on the main roster than I am Nak. Nothing against Shinsuke, just feel like he's more suited for NXT right now while Roode could legitimately thrive on Raw or Smackdown immediately, especially considering the lack of depth in all divisions. Plus, I think Nak's title reign still has legs and Roode doesn't really need to be NXT champ to legitimize himself.

It'd be nice to see a few NXT guys such as Joe, Roode (or Nakamura), Aries, and Dillinger debut at the Rumble. Sure you'd be gutting NXT, but as mentioned, the main roster needs depth desperately. NXT always finds a way to replenish themselves after a couple of months anyway.

Bobby Roode is going to the Main Roster for sure. However, I do hope to see a WM Main Event of Nakamura vs AJ Styles. That match will leave people talking for years. Something that WWE has really not been able to do recently.

Sad too see that roode is just a stepping stone for nakamura. The thing is nakamura will be the face of nxt for a lomg time if you believe what dave meltzer is reporting because vince doesn't have any plans for nakamura on the main roster so it's a given that roode will lose this match.

The only thing that I'm hopi is that this isn't a one and done match and that they continue feuding after this match maybe until the next takeover special in orlando.

I hope Roode wins. Nakamura doesn't need the NXT title anymore. Plus he needs to be on the main roster. Like Big E and Fandango did at wrestlemania 29, I think Shinsuke should debut at wrestlemania 33.

I'd really like to have Roode win this, I expect in heel fashion. Love both of them but am more interested in Nakamura on the main roster for a Lesnar feud.

Roode can then have a glorious reign similar to his amazing first TNA title reign where he took on allcomers. Have him go against Joe, Strong, a returning Aries. And have Tye Dillinger be the one to finally redeem himself and dethrone him!

with what just happenned at the recent tv tapings, i'm pretty much guessing that nakamura is retaining the championship until at less the next takeover special and that bobby roode was just a feeler opponent for nakamura which is sad because roode is a great all around wrestler, even through the fans have taken some of the luster of his character because of the fact that they are cheering for him even through he'S a heel, i still found myself to hate him anyways which is something to getting harder to do with those NXT crowds. So i'm sad to see that he'S just a stepping stone for nakamura because the guy deserve better then that and i was hoping that this program would end after takeover.

So i hope that i'm wrong on this and that he will be included in the title picture for a while but i'm not so sure it will happen.

I don't like call ups happening during Wrestlemania season, unless it's a big name that the company is willing to rely upon and feature on the the Wrestlemania card, like AJ Styles for example.

With that being said, Nakamura vs Roode will not end at San Antonio. It's the biggest match NXT has right now and whatever the result, a rematch will take place at NXT TakeOver: Orlando. I believe that this is a fact.

Also, isn't Joe's turn to debut? I think this has been long overdue and debuting two major names at once is never a good thing. Especially when this year's WM already has a big enough and crowded card. The RAW matches are enough alone to produce their own Wrestlemania.

So, we have Joe's long overdue debut that needs to happen and Balor's return. Both are fresh faces. To another debut, at least until the RAW after Wrestlemania, I say "No thanks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back