New Fantasy Wrestling Leagues Starting Up Soon

Okay, count me in!

Would be cool if you could copy the rules from "WZ Fantasy Professional Wrestling League 2.0: Sign-Up Thread" into a seperate rules thread, would make it easier to find.

Niño Vega;2651318 said:
Okay, count me in!

Would be cool if you could copy the rules from "WZ Fantasy Professional Wrestling League 2.0: Sign-Up Thread" into a seperate rules thread, would make it easier to find.

Yep, I'll have a proper one of those for the next edition of the League (so I'll have one in about two days or so).

This is whom I currently have signed up:

klunderbunker
Senor Truth
Numbers
The Holy One
Noah
FunKay
Norm
youngbullzeye
Muffin Top Merkley

Baller
Wolfdemon
Anonymous Mozzarella
Super Hans
nightmare
Milenko
Thriller
Niño Vega

I'm doing two leagues. One will be a monthly head-to-head league, one will be a rotisseries league (the league I currently run in rotisseries-style; everyone faces each other all season long). The posters in bold are currently in the league and will thus have preference in what league they want to be in.

With that said, I have six spots open (I'll take a spot in whatever league has the final vacancy). So, I'm still looking for other posters to join. Also, when did we want to draft?

Six spots left. First league is drafting this upcoming Sunday at 10 PM GMT. Numbers, Super Hans, and FunKay are in that one, and it will probably be rotisserie style (I assume Nino Vega wants in on this league too since he lives in Germany).

If you can't make the draft for whatever reason, you'll need to give me an ordered list of wrestlers so you can auto-draft (I'll PM you those details if you need to do so, but don't worry about that for another day or two).

Yep, islander time works for me.

Rotisseries means that overall points are added and head-to-head means that the points of a period (weekly or biweekly) are compared to your opponent of that period and you get a point if yours are higher? Not sure how these concepts work.

Also, the draft means that there is a list of every wrestler of the major leagues and in a certain order every member gets to pick a wrestler until everyone has eight (means 96 are drawn)? If so, it's clever to set up a personal pick order before the draft, right?

Niño Vega;2651428 said:
Yep, islander time works for me.

Rotisseries means that overall points are added and head-to-head means that the points of a period (weekly or biweekly) are compared to your opponent of that period and you get a point if yours are higher? Not sure how these concepts work.

You got it right, but I'll elaborate. In head-to-head, you play someone new every month. The person with the most wins, rather than the most points, wins in the end. So, let's say you only have 1500 points at the end of the year but went 12-0 in your match-ups. You'd beat out someone who had 2500 points but who only went 11-1 in his/her match-ups.

Rotisseries doesn't take match-ups into account since they don't take place; only the points matter. The person who you'd beat above would have bested you instead when everything was said and done.

Also, the draft means that there is a list of every wrestler of the major leagues and in a certain order every member gets to pick a wrestler until everyone has eight (means 96 are drawn)? If so, it's clever to set up a personal pick order before the draft, right?

If you can't be there for the draft, then you can do a personal pick order (or you can do it ahead if you want to strategize). In this upcoming draft, people will be making seven picks instead of eight (tag teams are going to be drafted as a pair rather separately; I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll let people forgo the choice of a tag team and opt to draft eight singles competitors instead).

So the first league drafts this upcoming Sunday (5 PM Eastern). This is the European Rotisserie League. I have the following people:

Super Hans
Numbers
FunKay
Nino Vega
Norm
Anonymous Mozzarella

So, I have eight spots open on this one. If you've already decided to participate, you can jump in on this one or wait for the other league (draft date TBA). So, anyone else want to partake in this one?

10 PM GMT. Looking forward to it gents. BTW has the order for drafting been decided yet?
Looking forward to it, too. Just built my picklist.

I'm a bit confused about no new info out yet, regarding recognised leagues, drafting order, tag teams, league participants, new rules, ...

Yes, draft is 10 PM GMT. Draft order and available wrestlers will be available at least 30 minutes before the draft starts. I will be adding prominent Japanese wrestlers from all companies this time. Unfortunately, due to a lack of a good website for lucha results, no Mexican wrestlers will be available at this time.

Oh, and I still need five more people for tonight's league (I'll be jumping in on this one). I'm watching American football right now, so if you guys could bump this thread from time to time, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Yes, draft is 10 PM GMT. Draft order and available wrestlers will be available at least 30 minutes before the draft starts. I will be adding prominent Japanese wrestlers from all companies this time. Unfortunately, due to a lack of a good website for lucha results, no Mexican wrestlers will be available at this time.

Oh, and I still need five more people for tonight's league (I'll be jumping in on this one). I'm watching American football right now, so if you guys could bump this thread from time to time, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for answering! I have some questions left though:

Will points be awarded for DGUSA matches? Or better: which leagues will count this time? WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW, NOAH? I guess no CMLL and AAA this time. And will it be possible to pick free agents like Matt Hardy, considering he'll sign a TNA contract early in the year? And what about that tag team picking you talked about last time (seven singles wrestlers and a team)? I mean, there are about ten tag teams for twelve league members and some of them will likely break up during the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back