*MERGED* Michael Cole Discussion

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Now, before you all bash me into oblivion, here me out on this.

If any of you have been watching NXT the past few weeks, especially earlier tonight, you have seen the fued between Bryan Danielson and Michael Cole ensue. The one thing I have noticed, apart from Danielson coming into himself a developing himself a charcter, is the fire and Michael Cole, also. He seems so malicious with his intent against Danielson in the interviews. He called Danielson a loser, with no heart that didn't deserve anything in the WWE. Cole can play the heel to a T in this role and is good and entertaining on the microphone while doing it. I personally think if he had a position of authority, such as a General Manager, he could use this type of character to become a very succesful heel general manager.

So, do you guys agree with me, or do I need to stop smoking my imaginary purple crack?

this is funny because as i started watching NXT tonight i was thinking how great michael cole is at doing this fued with danielson.. and i thought man he wld b a great heel General Manager....so no keep smokin ur purple crack lol bcuz i agree with u 100 percent and also the miz and danielson fued is goin AWESOME (pun intended lol) as well and every fight danielson gets in seems so real its lik u have to keep questionin is this the storyline or is there real heat between everyone??? i look to c great thinngs from this if WWE can play their cards right...

Well obviously the Raw GM spot has been filled, but I have to admit I`ve found him more entertaining on NXT than Raw. This thing with Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson has especially lit a fire under him. I`m interested to see where this goes especially after tonight and how Miz factors into it too.

I personally like my Cole one of two ways-Attitude Era Creampuff face commentator"No,not this way! DAMMIT!!!" or Asshole Cole"Daniel Bryan is an ABSOLUTE TOOL!" For too long he's has been stuck in the middle and his commentary suffered for it.Now that he's established himself as a heel on NXT,he should go on to greater things.Since we have The Hitman on Raw running things,maybe Teddy Long should do something on NXT,maybe be like the guy who brings in talent or some such role and Cole be a perfect Asshole GM in conjunction with Vickie's pointless antics.He's one of those guys who has no wrestling training,so he uses other people to do his bidding which never disappoints when developing a good feud.After a decade of being the most hated announcer EVER,we may have just found a likeable niche for Cole

I think Cole would be a great heel manager, but I think he might get old fast. Maybe he can be in Danielson's corner for his match against Miz.

I don't think Bret Hart will be Raw GM for that long though, so i really wouldn't mind Cole taking the job and allowing Josh Mathews to move up. I mean if Adamle can do it, anyone can.

I know they say that JR isn't coming back to the WWE as an announcer ever again, but I dunno... something tells me that might not be totally true. The way they're scripting this is as if they're trying to plant the seeds to make Cole a heel manager and bring JR back as an announcer.

The last time I can remember someone bringing up the name of a recently released/non-renewed contracted Superstar in the WWE was way back when Matt Hardy's music played during Edge and Lita's wedding. We all marked out huge for that, and then guess what? Matt Hardy shows up on RAW a couple of weeks later.

I'm not trying to add to the rumor mill here, but some food for thought...

I noticed Cole tonite also. I don't think as of now the WWE are considering putting Cole on television as an authority figure. They are just trying to sell this Danielson fued so he (Bryan) will have a leg to stand on when he actually is apart of one of the rosters. I will say this though... Cole can be a heat magnet! Take him from the announce table and put him on camera! Manager or GM will fit him perfectly because he is a good talker (regardless of what people say).

Cole is pretty terrible. I'm not sure if turning him heel would make things any better but I suppose they could give it a shot. There is nothing particularly likable about the man and it's not like he is a draw or even relevant. I say why not. If he is naturally going to be hated than why not use it to their advantage. Use what you've got I say. Only as a heel would he have potential in an authority type role. Personally I've never really liked faces as authority figures but that's just me. They should at least have a face GM on one show and a heel GM on the other. Cole could make a decent authority figure on Raw if it came down to it. At the moment I don't think it's needed but you never know. He's doing okay working as a heel with Bryan so it could be a trial run.

No. He is terrible at commentary because of what happened on NXT. If he is terrible in that kind of position how do you think he would do in a position like GM of Raw. I swear to God if that happens I am now going to watch TNA and Smackdown only. By the way LMAO when Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was attacking him and he tried to defend himself by pushing him away. :lol::lmao::lol:

No. He is terrible at commentary because of what happened on NXT. If he is terrible in that kind of position how do you think he would do in a position like GM of Raw. I swear to God if that happens I am now going to watch TNA and Smackdown only. By the way LMAO when Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was attacking him and he tried to defend himself by pushing him away. :lol::lmao::lol:

Why are you laughing at your own comment?

How is what happened on NXT any indication of how good or bad a commentator he is? That seems like a pretty ridiculous way to judge those particular skills. Jim Ross has had his arm broken in the ring before. Does that mean that he was bad? I'm trying to understand what you're saying here. If anything, the fact that he can play a believable douche when he's probably a nice guy in real life should be a testament to his ability to at least play somewhat of a heel. He is by no means a terrific commentator but using a written storyline, one that many people actually like, is a pretty shit way to judge ones skills as a professional. If the storyline ended up being complete garbage and he looked like a complete fool (more than he was supposed to) than that could possibly be used against him. The angle with Bryan is going well so far so I'm not sure why this angle makes him bad. There are many examples to use against him, this isn't one of them.

Plus, do you remember when he was bashing Bret Hart a couple of weeks ago on RAW. Could set somthing up with him replacing Bret as GM. I dont think its a bad idea at all. I mean they did Ademle.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Cole proved last night that he's 10 times better as a heel than as a face. He reminded me somewhat of Vince McMahon's character, the evil boss who would tell one of his employee's "You can't do it, you'll never be able to do it." He had his security with him and that also reminded me of an evil authority figure. Cole would be a great heel manager IMO.

To be perfectly honest, HELL NO! Granted he has been good in this program with Bryan, but I would never....EEvvver, want to see him in a position of power. He doesn't even deserve to be announcing on the flagship show with all the mistakes he makes. And king is no better in his old age. I just can't fathom any superstar respecting his descisions. He is a dick chees if you will. He looks like a complete asshole, and every time he talks he sounds like he already knows he fucked up. Perro, like I said before, he has been getting progressivley and I do hope to see him fine tune his.... well his everything. That's just my opinion, personally, I would be just fine if I never seen cole on wwe programming again. He is just irritating and pisses me the fuck off. I know the way it goes, thru the night we get recaps of what transpired "earlier tonight", but the way cole does it is just horrible...... fucking horrible I tell you.....

Cole is a Vince McMahon Clone, 100%. He looked and acted just like Vince last night and he calls matches just like Vince. I think we've seen enough Vince over the last 15-20 years to stomach. No way do we need to watch a cheesier version of him, week in and week out.

You no what, ive got a little something something to say...(lol)...my first match i watched for WWE was Rey Mysterio vs HArdcore Holly and you no what brothers? i loved it, but what made it AWESOME was Michael Cole. He was awesome on the announcer for Smackdown! HOWEVER raw wasnt the best move for him i feel. Now he is an Asshole, i love it even more because he can make it work and believable, anyone want to argue that he is a believable Asshole? I mean ive read thread after thread about how shit cole is etc. Cole as a Heel GM, i like it, he could be alot like Eric Bishoff and Vinnie Mac with his security and his SCSA {(Danielson) not a SCSA star that is that good just an example of enemies} whom he gets attacked by often.

Im officially putting my hand up for cole fans, MICHAEL COLE FOR GM OF RAW!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

Ive been reading up on Michael Cole on these forums. It seems generally alot of people dont like him, ive been a wrestling (WWE/TNA) since about 2004ish and ive heard his announcing on Smackdown with Tazz/JBL/Foley honestly i dont feel Cole is a bad announcer on Smackdown, on Raw however its different, he isn't as good because of what he has to work with, ie Jerry The King Lawler, the fact people expect him to be a JR type announcer, and that Raw is the flagship brand.

His in ring career, virtually existed of him and the King vs Legacy for the Tag Titles, (epic fail), his current segment with Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan has been excellent and his nXt heel turn was great.

My Questions To You Are:

1. Do you like cole as a person? Why/Why Not?
2. How do u find his announcing?
3. Nxt/Raw or Smackdown, where does he truly fit in?
4. Do u think a Heel Turn on Raw will make the Duo of King Cole any better? (see The Heel King and JR on the mic, excellent work there)
5. General Feedback on Cole, your thoughts....

Madico

What I don't quite get is how you guys can say Michael Cole is a great heel. It's not him being a heel that is stirring up interest, it's that we all think he's a shitty announcer. I mean his heel approach to Danielson was just as lame as his face announcing, it's just that Danielson is saying all the crap we've been saying for years online that is getting Cole.

I don't know the man nor have I ever met him, so I can't say. I imagine he's a nice enough guy though.

Pretty crap, with the exception of his work on NXT.

NXT. It's basically the smark show and Cole is the anti-smark, so it's a great dynamic

4. Do u think a Heel Turn on Raw will make the Duo of King Cole any better? (see The Heel King and JR on the mic, excellent work there)

Since it's not that great to begin with, I don't see how turning Cole heel could make it any worse. He plays a pretty decent heel-like character on NXT.

I've pretty much hated Cole the entire time he's been with the company. The only times I've cared for him was when he was being physically assaulted in some way (Austin, Danielson, ALMOST Kane). I find his commentary to be bland, repetitive and often inaccurate.

However, I find his work on NXT to be brilliant and is the first time I've legitimately enjoyed Cole in any capacity ever. I hope that heelish character he's got going finds it's way to Raw once NXT ends.

Hey all,

My Questions To You Are:

Madico

1 - As a person I'm sure he's cool.

2 - His announcing is good for the most part. People have to remember the fact that he has to speak on what he sees AND reflect on whatever Vince is yelling at him in his ear. You say you've been a fan since 2004. Good stuff, but if you've been a fan at LEAST since 1999, you would've been able to see such amazing announcing by J.R., Paul Heyman and Lawler (when Lawler was good and not terrible like he is today).

3 - He's easily much better on NXT. NXT is not a flagship show, or the B show. It's the C show, so he's been givin' a lot more freedom.

4 - A heel turn for Cole on Raw would be much better, but Lawler is funnier when he's heel. Cole's more of a douche heel. So either way would work.

5 - Cole will never be as good as J.R., but people need to stop hatin' on the poor man. At least he tries unlike Lawler nowadays, who doesn't even know the names of the wresters on SmackDown.

Completely agree! I was actually thinking the same thing when I watched him on NXT and Raw. But obviously Bret has filled that spot now, which in all honesty I am so happy about! I was hoping he would become the new GM because I still have no got over the fact that I am seeing Bret Hart on Raw, 13 years after the Montreal Screwjob and he adds great star power to the show. I can't wait to see what they will do with him in that role.

But back to Cole, I would love to see him become the General Manager of Smackdown. He is not a good announcer, we know that, but because of that he already generates heat, imagine the heat he would get if he were made a heel GM! This would also free up a space next to Lawler for an announcer so we could have the oppurtunity to have the next "it" commentating team

Excellent thread

Hey all,

Ive been reading up on Michael Cole on these forums. It seems generally alot of people dont like him, ive been a wrestling (WWE/TNA) since about 2004ish and ive heard his announcing on Smackdown with Tazz/JBL/Foley honestly i dont feel Cole is a bad announcer on Smackdown, on Raw however its different, he isn't as good because of what he has to work with, ie Jerry The King Lawler, the fact people expect him to be a JR type announcer, and that Raw is the flagship brand.

His in ring career, virtually existed of him and the King vs Legacy for the Tag Titles, (epic fail), his current segment with Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan has been excellent and his nXt heel turn was great.

My Questions To You Are:

Madico

1. I think Cole is okay. I don't find anything wrong with him as a person, based on my limited knowledge of the man.

2. I find that his announcing is fine, depending on who he is working with. I think that a lot of what he says is based on what he's told to say.

3. Smackdown

4. Maybe. I would like to "see" him be heel. I don't think, giving how much people complain about him, it would do him harm.

5. I am so sick to death of people complaining about the man. It would be different if he said offensive/ignorant/pompous things like Striker does, but I've not experienced such a thing. And the facts that he reports and are wrong could happen to anybody and have happened to everyone. I cannot understand how people hate him saying "Vintage" when the wrestlers (no, he is not a wrestler, I know) repeat their catch phrases all the time. It does not bother/has not bothered me. I bet he's under a lot of pressure. Sometimes some people find they need somebody to hate, so they choose him. :shrug:

My Questions To You Are:

Nobody here knows him as a person, so nobody should be able to answer this.

Ok. annoying at times but that's everybody nowadays. The only thing that truly irks me is when he calls a Powerslam and Scoop Slam. I suppose technically he's right, but Jesus Christ to the common fan or wrestler for that matter, it's a fucking Powerslam.

Raw. Kinda by default though. Is there any option that's any better? Stryker=shit. Matthews=shit. All of them suck for the most part. Announcers are pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the show so I really don't care all that much regardless.

The King was an annoying Cunt as a heel. I hated hearing him. Probably not the most popular statement made on this forum, but I don't care. I hate heel/face announce teams. I just want someone to call the match and not fuck up the names.

I'm more sick of the constant bashing of Cole than I am of him. Announcer's are fucking announcers. I don't care about their personality, just their delivery. Cole does exactly what is expected of him.

You guys all make excellent points. Regarding Michael Cole, I thought he was a waste of space until this thing with Bryan on NXT. I don't know if these guys really hate each other or what. Either way, this storyline might just make believers out of some of the anti-Cole people out there. (myself included)

When you think back, Cole's imminent heel turn has happened to another man before.

Vince McMahon was the worlds most hated man after the Montreal Screwjob in 1997. Instead of going back on his decision, Vince knew that people were going to hate him one way or the other, so, he ran with it.

Michael Cole is doing the same thing. The IWC hates him because, well, he's annoying! So, instead of constantly battling the 'marks' he is using the angle with Bryan as a way of enhancing his already stellar heel status.

This could well be the best thing that has ever happened to Michael Cole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back