Michael Cole for the WWE Hall of Fame?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think there are many more polarising people in the history of the WWE than Michael Cole. That said, my question is very simple, does Michael Cole deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? Lets have a look...

Cope turned up in the WWE back in the late 90's as the backstage reporter that no one liked and everyone walked all over. Some of my favourite moments from that time period included Michael Cole and his dynamics with the likes of Stone Cole, The Rock and Vince McMahon. He was a nerdy, streak of piss that didn't look like he belonged. But within a few years, he had found himself as a play by play on WWE TV. I guess a lot of the credit needs to go to Michael Cole and the WWE for that one. The WWE seen his potential and longevity and capitalised on it.

Since then, Michael Cole has been a staple for the WWE broadcast, even going so far to call himself the "voice of the WWE" during his heel run a few years ago. But can anyone really doubt the legitimacy of this? Sure, people like JR and Jerry Lawler have been around the announce table just as much as Michael Cole but have been interrupted for medical reasons amongst others. And with both JR and Lawler already in the WWE Hall of Fame for a few years, can we ever really rule out Michael Cole going in very shortly?

Don't get me wrong, I hated him throughout his heel run but that was the point right? I often think to myself that I just hated him for being a shit heel that just annoyed me. But the fact of the matter is that I hated him for being an awesome heel. I don't think k there has been as much hate for one character since and not many before either.

Having read an article with Michael Cole, I have come to appreciate the job that he does and has done for the last, almost, two decades in the WWE.

So let's gets to it. Does Michael Cole deserve to go into the WWE. And if he does, when do you think that will happen?

I think Michael Cole definitely deserves to go into the HOF based on longevity, work ethic, and for doing an overall good job throughout his career. Although the Michael Cole of the modern era has been downright torturous to listen to, nobody can rule out the work that he has put into his job throughout the years. I've heard some go as far as to say, Michael Cole and John Cena are the two hardest working talents in WWE today.

From early on his career, Michael Cole was a solid play-by-play and backstage announcer and has indeed transitioned into the "Voice of the WWE". He's had some classic calls such as the Mankind 1999 title win, Eddie's 2004 title win, Undertaker's 2005 return, and dammit, he nailed the end of the Streak. Looking back now, I totally agree with you about Cole's heel run... that run legitimately made people hate Michael Cole as a person and that's a sure sign that you did your job right as a heel.

He may not have be remembered as the "greatest" anything in the wrestling world, but he deserves to go in for nearly 20 years of consistently solid work. Not many people can brag about that. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cole go in within the next 5 years or maybe at the end of his career.

Hes not the best or anything but he is a staple as and the voice of the television shows the last 10 years or so.

It merits a HOF induction. His job is more difficult than JR's was. Dude says he hears 6 voices in his head during televised events, it's surprising he hasn't actually been much WORSE.

Obviously he's a slam dunk to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Whether you like him or not, he has been one of the voices of WWE for an extensive period of time. He's been a staple on RAW, on Smackdown, and on PPV for a long time, over and above his time as a backstage interviewer. He has been with the company for what feels like forever. Even his heel run was very effective in my opinion. You are supposed to absolutely hate the heels and during his heel run, he was pretty much universally despised. Frankly, I cannot think of a single argument as to why he would not be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame when he finally decides to hang up his microphone.

Absolutely. I am sure one day he'll make to the HoF. As much as people hate (or like to hate) him, he does a solid job. In fact, I believe that if he's allowed to do his thing or at least afforded more freedom on the announce table, he can do way better than what he's doing right now. Mania 30 showed that what he (and other announcers) can bring to the table. Plus, as everyone else has pointed out, his longevity in the WWE alone makes him HoF worthy. Is he the best announcer? No. However, he's done enough to warrant that place.

Averagamania is running wild, brother!! The WWE HOF already has people who have had average careers and so called celebrities. Why not have an average announcer like Cole? He's perfect!

Cole in the Finkle of this era. A complete wimpy nerd that was probably constantly bullied growing up. He is the all time top whipping boy in WWE history, and based on that he should get in one year they are short on candidates.

In short, GDYC

Why do people still want to debate who deserves to be in the HoF? Everyone who has had at least as good of a career as Koko B. Ware and Rikishi and is on good terms should get in.

I bet he'll be the last of the current crop of announcers to make it into the HoF. JBL will most likely go in before him.

He deserves it but I can't see him getting in anytime soon unless the HoF class is weak. He has came a long way from being the original co-host of Smackdown. Now he's the lead voice.

Many people hated Cole when he was "drafted" to RAW to take over JR's spot at the announcer's table. I didn't like him at all during that anonymous GM phase, but looking back, it was well executed.

Is he HoF worthy? Maybe. He is very solid from behind the mic, but sometimes damn annoying to hear. But overall, he delivers the intensity (or sometimes the lack thereof) of a match in a way that cannot be compared. Overall, we all know he's not a commentator of the calibre of a Jim Ross or Jerry Lawler, or even (in my opinin) Mike Tenay. He wasn't trying to be copies of those guys or anyone else. Cole is great in his own right, and maybe 5-10 years from now, would be worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back