Michael Cole as a manager

the_A-LIST

Dark Match Winner
How cool would it be if Michael Cole managed the Nexus, not as the GM but just as a heel manager. Somewhat like Bischoff in NWO and Rick Rude in DX. Those type of guys make a group better don't you think? The possibility of this is probably really low now that Cole is announcing on all 3 shows. My main point is that, every big group that's popular should have a manager and currently Nexus is the only important group that needs one. Cole could fit as the guy, there's no really other person in the business currently that would fit the role. He's also getting a ton of heat just as a commentator and spokesman for the Mystery GM. Once the GM is revealed, should Cole stick to announcing or should Vince start getting replacements and bring him into a heel manager for the Nexus?

I don't believe Nexus needs a manager. They are better off on their own with just Wade Barret as a leader. Since the faction began, Nexus has been built as a dominant force that no one can take down, not even Cena (who is now one of them). The entire focus on Nexus has been to be known as an unstoppable force. Cole becoming their manager would probably just hurt the group more than help it out as it would switch a good amount of the focus of the group to Cole. Thus, making for a very lack-luster type of story.

With that said, Cole isn't exactly heel material. He's more like the guy that just likes to be a troll and get annoying. No offense to the guy, I rather like Cole (somewhat) but it's just the things he says that make it the problem. One minute he's praising the Miz and the next he's cheering for John Cena. This hardly screams heel.

In my opinion, Cole should stick to what he is best at doing, announcing. He does a great job at calling matches; a great job of annoying people; and a great job of being himself; something that is arguably enjoyable. Besides, the announce team is really lacking in *quality*; having Cole leave that position would only wound it even further. If you take away Cole, that only leaves Jerry Lawler and maybe Matt Striker as quality commentators---Not exactly a good scenario now is it?

In no way am I trashing on this, but my honest opinion, don't we have Cole doing way more than he should be as is? Reading stupid "emails" from the "General Manager" Doing a worse job than normal as an announcer on not one but 3 show, trying to be like Jerry Lawler minus the funny, "Cole-Miners" I could go on and on but I'm already sick to death of Michael Cole.

No... Cole is doing fine bringing the "Colour" commentary back... thats the thing people miss... Jerry is now the Play By Play man and Cole the colour... it is why its working...

Nexus doesn't need a manager, Barret is perfect on the mic. Cole doesn't need to manage them. Cole is doing well in his position aswell, he is getting huge heat, (especially from the IWC) and as official whatever for Raw, (I can't remember the actual name) he doesn't really need a job as a manager, which is just like a tag team in WWE. Missused.

AWESOME!!! I love the idea!! i just think micheal cole as a heel manager fits him perfectly!!!... but i think he could still be the announcer for the 3 shows.. if not we could bring byron saxton from fcw... he was great when he was doin ecw

I think it would be a good idea because it would distract him away from that fucking announcer desk and they can get someone new and better in, adn he has proven that he can be a more than adequate heel in a position of authority recently so my attention would certainly be invoked.

He would have to learn to be more intense though, heels do a lot of speaking for their respective wrestler and cole cant get away with sounding like a bit of a smart alec, hed have to be a little bit more arrogant and flamboyant

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Cole is doing fine with his color commentary. Nexus has prided themselves on clawing their way to the top - they don't need to be riding on anybody's coattails. It makes them appear less threatening when their "boss" isn't around to save their asses. Plus, the whole point of the GM being anonymous in the first place is to protect himself from the Nexus. It wouldn't make any sense if he was secretly leading the Nexus, because he wouldn't have fooled anybody except for the audience, and that doesn't benefit anybody.

Well, for Cole to be suitable for the job of managing Nexus, he has to bring something to the faction that isn't already there. Like when Bischoff joined the NWO, he had stroke since he was the executive vice president of WCW (or something like that), so he brought authority to the faction. What would Cole bring? He's just an announcer (and a shitty one at that) so he has nothing to bring to the faction. The faction already has one of the best speakers in the company to cut promos (Barrett) so they don't need just another mouthpiece.

I do think though that Cole is better at being a heel colour commentator and he should just stick to that.

Michael Cole is one the WORST things to happen to the WWE and in no way should he be connected with their 'future' stars and WWE's only progressing story line in the last 3 years!
We all know vince will end up becoming the leader of nexus, whether it by now or in a few months when he decides some one needs a vinnie mac push!

Cole as a manager could've worked in the past. He has a Harvey Whippleman look/appeal to him.

Cole managing Nexus isn't needed. Barrett is a great voice of the group, which has the face of a supergroup, but is really a support system to keep Barrett at the forefront. You can tell that Otunga is realizing this so you know where the story will eventually go.

Putting Cole with them now, will take the focus of Wade as leader, and push him back to team member.

As for Michael Cole, he is doing way to much as mentioned before. But if WWE found some quality play by play guys, I would love to see Cole as a heel manager. I like Scott Stanford from NY local sports doing 'Superstars', I hope he works out for WWE.

But with my begging WWE to bring in some managers, I would totally support someone who brings heat, looks scrawny and swarmy, is comfortable on the mic, and can play a character to an extenct.....BRING ON COLE!

And to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of him at the commentator desk, so yeah, move him.

I dunno Nexus don't really look like they need a manager but say if the GM is a heel Triple H that leads Nexus... <-- I like that =]. But Cole seems better off as The Miz's manager or just stick to commentary, like it or not he's the best commentator WWE has got right now *which is disgraceful but still*.

Michael Cole is probably the least believable character on the WWE roster. He is a lousy heel and proves week after week he knows little about the world of pro wrestling. He acts like nothing more than a punk and a part time bi*ch. I wouldn't watch or be entertained in the least if he was a manager.

Michael Cole is one the WORST things to happen to the WWE and in no way should he be connected with their 'future' stars and WWE's only progressing story line in the last 3 years!
We all know vince will end up becoming the leader of nexus, whether it by now or in a few months when he decides some one needs a vinnie mac push!

I ABSOLUTELY have to agree with you. The reason the WWE uses Michael Cole is b/c theyl are aware that everyone HATES him. Everyone thinks he's a little *** and imo they've solidly hated him ever since he replaced JR on RAW commentary. He's further gone out of his way to make the fans hate him by being the mouthpiece for an anonymous GM that I think everyone's getting sick of as well as referring to himself as the "voice of Raw" during the segment with Edge a few weeks ago. He's all but jerking off over the Miz every time he's in the ring. I can't imagine that this isn't all by design b/c I don't think anyone's EVER liked Michael Cole. Back in 1997, DX f'd him up weeky. They could've used anyone but I think they used him b/c he's any annoying little ***. I could see him eventually managing the Miz if anything before they would use him in the Nexus. I think Wade Barrett is a great heel mouthpiece for them and to add Cole would be overkill. I just hope someone (maybe Daniel Bryan) beats the holy shit out of him VERY soon, lol!

Im not against Cole being a manager, but not with Nexus. Barrett has to remain the talker of the group, he's good at it and it helps solidify his position by putting his character over. If he does manage, it has to be in a role with the Miz and A-Ri. I really think they have to go somewhere with the whole Miz/Cole love in. If another person (of similar ability) were added to that group I think we would have the most obnoxious and hence awesome group since the original DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back