• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Cole the Manager?

AmneonX

Dark Match Winner
I think everyone can agree that it is time for Michael Cole to step away from the announce table. It is time for him to become a manager. I think that Cole should actually be given his own stable.

Michael Cole - Leader/Manager. Does a majority of the talking, but not all of it. Directs the rest of the group.

Dolph Ziggler - Top Guy. Everyone can see the Dolph/Vickie thing coming to an end soon. So why not have Cole pick him up. Cole could lead him right to WWE Gold.

Brodus Clay - Enforcer. This guy is big, and has the look of the enforcer. I think he would do a good job, and would allow him to learn the ropes as a middle guy.

Heath Slater / Curt Hawkins - Tag Team. Lets face it, neither of these guys have anything going for them right now. They have similar looks, and I think could make a good tag team.

So what do you think?

I think that is a great idea. He's already getting heel heat, so why not use it productively? With those guys you mentioned, I think he can get those guys over with heel heat just by his presence. I remember, when they tested the waters having Cole associate himself with Swagger and some of Swagger's matches he left the announce booth to manage Swagger. Another thing with him gone from the announce table, the other commentators can focus putting over the matches with Cole distracting them.

Michael Cole would make a perfect manager for Drew McIntyre in my opinion. Swagger really doesn't need Cole he's already pretty much over and getting some amount of heat and is also in this Guerrero thing. Cole however would make McIntyre so much more hated but it could mean a change in gimmick for The Chosen One.

If Michael Cole was to be placed as someones manager he would play somewhat the same role as Vickie Guerrero. He would be used to draw lots and lots and lots of heat for that superstar. He is so hated by so many people that no matter who you pair him with that person would be booed. I say put him with Drew McIntyre. Drew is one of my favorite wrestlers in the WWE. It's a shame that he is not being used. I think that if you put Cole with McIntyre he could become one of the biggest heels in the WWE. Because of that he would be pushed to the top of the card or at least be winning titles.

Honestly I would love to see Michael Cole the manager only if he stops being Michael Cole the commentator. But personally, I don't see why some people think Cole is a great heel, granted he can get on the nerves of people. But the reason why he can do it better than most is because fans at home have to hear him talk for 2 hours. Out of any other heel, he has the most mic time on a weekly basis. Which is a huge edge for someone looking to build heat.

Michael Cole as a heel can garner heat, but does a abysmal job on commentary. Whenever a face is on a roll on the WWE and goes into Superman mode, instead of letting the spot light shine on the star, he constantly shouts and pouts into his headset, insulting and berating the face. And the worst part, this tantrum Cole throws ruins the work of his fellow commentators, J.R, Lawler, and Booker T. Instead of being able to call the match, Cole is always either shouting at the ref, shouting at the face, or shouting out the poor chump sitting next to him.

Now if Cole were to become a manager. He could do a great job in getting guys over like Tyson Kidd or Swagger. And on the plus side his mic time would severely be cut down from the entire show, to 5-9 minutes at most a week. This would do wonders for Cole and for the Superstar under his management.

I feel so bad for Michael Cole. No matter what they do with him, they'll try to make him look like a blow hard ne'erdowell. His character would do well with a successful stable, though I doubt they would make him do anything besides accidentally cost his wrestlers their matches and berate them in the ring when they lose.

Michael Cole would be a sick manager, he is great on the mic and really makes the crowd hate him, which would be great managing a heel stable.
Lets see him off commentary, Jim Ross and Lawler on Raw and Matthews and Booker on SD! (Booker is pretty terrible, but only 2 commentators could help him)
He can be a great manager and push Ziggler towards a real championship reign

I say put Cole with Ziggler!! Cole has huge amounts of heat on him no matter what he does the crowd will boo him out the building each adn every time!! The reason i say Put him with Ziggler is it showcase how talented Ziggler is in the ring! Have Cole take the majority of the heat for ziggler have him speak for ziggler how talented he is and such.. Ziggler is a fantastic wrestler. Cole could run minor interference from time to time he can be quite a manager for him IMO if given the right circumstances. Thats the way i would go if i was creative

I think this would have worked, if they would have cashed in on it when they had the chance. Around Maina, Michael Cole was one of the top heels in the whole company. They should have taken him off commentary when he accepted Lawler's challenge and turned him into a manager right then and there. Now, it would just seem like it was too late. I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen though, that is my biggest problem with WWE right now, the timing of angles and the poor booking of good ones that do generate a great deal of interest (Nexus, Annonymous GM, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back