Live Discussion: Raw 5/25/09

C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event

Dipping the nugget

It's McMahon vs. Kroenke, live on Raw from the STAPLES Center. To settle the notorious Denver debacle, the WWE Chairman gets his wish when he clashes with the Denver Nuggets tyrant in the City of Angels.

Raw's playoffs

Live on Raw from Los Angeles' STAPLES Center, see WWE's answer to the Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets: U.S. Champion MVP, John Cena, Batista, Jerry Lawler & a fifth "player" vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton, Legacy, The Miz & Big Show.

Legend Caller

After WWE Champion Randy Orton's disrespect and attack on Ric Flair last Monday, the "Nature Boy" intends on calling out The Legend Killer, live on Raw in Los Angeles. How will "The Viper" respond to the WWE Legend's call?

Raw's mid-card is currently more interesting than the main event scene. It's 2009, and Evolution is still the focus of the show.

One of the many reasons why Smackdown is better than this show.

McMahon vs Kronke? Wonderful haha. I know it won't be entertaining, but I hope it is. C'mon WWE!

I like the 10 man. They make for solid TV matches - they're fun, they get the big names together, such and such. I can only hope the mystery man is not HHH, HBK, or Flair. I'm guessing Kennedy, but hoping it's the Rock.

McMahon vs Kroenke sounds like a 15 minute ego fest for good old Vince, and a waste of a segment in general.

More typical post Evolution antics will ensue. Good times.

One nice thing about the ten man is that it opens up a place for a lot of midcarders on this show. More Kendrick, Colons, and so on.

10 man should be fun, wonder who the 10th guy is.

McMahon vs. Kronke and Flair calling out Orton will both be boring and stupid.

I love how McMahon is doing everything he can to screw with the Nuggets. I know its not gonna make much sense to people who don't really follow basketball or places where people don't know about this, but man I'm loving it. This is the first time in a long time I'm excited for Raw. It will be a very long time until Denver gets another event.

I would liken RAW in recent months to a car crash that you can't help but watch and this evening could be even worse. You can just imagine the amount of ego-driven crap that's going to happen due to this sports event thing and everyone outside the US will get pissed off because we don't give a shit about basketball.

My predictions for the evening

Someone will come out and talk for 10 minutes
Someone else will come out and disagree with them
The heels will ambush someone
The faces will make the save
A match will be made for the end of the night
I'll wonder why the hell I stayed up
Ad break
Recap of everything that happened 2 minutes ago
Diva match, which will include an inordinate amount of women and will last about 30 seconds
Santino backstage segment
Ad break
Santino match in which he once again shows his mad skillz
Ad break
Recap of first 30 minutes
John Morrison against someone.
Ad break
Recap of first 30 minutes
Kendrick tag match, in which he's once again buried
Overrated Miz segment which everyone will hail and the 2nd coming of The Rock
McMahon against someone I don't care about in a match that will be ridiculed for years to come.
Main event, HHH/Flair will return, everyone will be pissed off

And you might get an MVP match in there somewhere if you're lucky.

My stance was that after the shit-fest of last week that there was no way I was watching RAW tonight. Unfortunately, morbid curiosity has got the better of me. Given the juvenile tone of the broadcast, I fully expect tonight's show to be poor, but bad television has a perverse draw of its own.

I'm hoping that McMahon-Kroenke is horrible to the point of unwatchability. Throughout my wrestling history I've managed to miss almost all of the truly bad segments (aside from the bi-monthly TNA suicide inducer), and it would be nice to catch one for a change.

If TNA moved to Monday nights right now I'd be interested to see how much damage they'd do to the WWE ratings. Of course they won't, they're not quite strong enough yet and the WWE would immediately raise their game but it'd be interesting to see.

I'm watching it live on TV for the first time! Now I've moved to the States, I actually get to watch it at the same time as everyone else in the US.

If TNA moved to Monday nights right now I'd be interested to see how much damage they'd do to the WWE ratings. Of course they won't, they're not quite strong enough yet and the WWE would immediately raise their game but it'd be interesting to see.

TNA would be much better and a much stronger product if they focused on those area's they are strongest ie: X-Division, Women's Division, Tag Division. Let the WWE have the main event and the promotional special effects stuff, cause that is all they are really better at. Honestly, both sides need help in storylines.

You know, this raises an interesting question. I've always wondered why the WWE doesn't hold Tribute for the Troops closer to Memorial day or the Forth of July. I'm not complaining or anything, just a question I've always wondered.

I get the sense this is going to be an epic failure of a show. Mainly because of the fact that you know there's going to be atleast 12,000 Nuggets jokes.

Ahh but JR is on, so that's always good.

On memorial day, with that little video package they just showed, are they really going to do this shit? Wow seriously, here comes the Koenke imitator.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THIS IS HUMOROUS VINCE?! WHY?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back