John Cena has regained the WWE Championship

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
John Cena defeated the Miz and John Morrison in a triple threat cage match to recapture the WWE championship at Extreme Rules. Let's keep all of the discussion about his title win in here.

I'm worried how much this is going to prolong Morrison's chances of becoming a world champion.

But, it was a pretty good match. I expected R Truth to come out and make an impact, but I was hoping that he wouldn't tonight.

Oh well, another Cena reign. I hope he doesn't hold it for the whole year until Wrestlemania, lol.

yeah im pretty pissed off about this! i think it is utterly stuped to have miz drop the belt at this point. where does he go from here after he loses his rematch to Cena? does he drop back down to the midcard? who can he feud with in the main event scene right now? bad move on wwe IMO but i suppose we will see how it plays out

Well, John Cena can now announce tomorrow on RAW that the Champ is Here. I'm just curious to see if this results in Cena holding the championship for a whole year to maintain it for WrestleMania 28. While I truly hope he doesn't, I don't see this as truly a bad thing. The Miz had a great title reign for his first reign, especially considering he won the championship with the Money-in-the-Bank briefcase. And John Cena has no problem working with up-and-coming, so perhaps we'll see some upper-mid carders challenge for the title over the summer. A rumored feud is Cena/del Rio, so this could definitely be interesting this summer.

I wonder if they are going to have Cena remain champ until Wrestlemania? Cena was saying a while ago on Raw how he wants his match against Rock to be for the WWE title.

Pretty pissed about this tbh... Just don't want to even think about another Cena reign.

And to make things worse, they had him pin the Miz (according to what i just read).... I thought for sure that's why Morrison was there...

The Rock better cost Cena the title in a Rematch against Miz on RAW tomorrow....

Fucking Cena..

I was going to post a topic about this but D-MAN beat me to it. First of all, I know this is off topic but I just have to say this PPV as a whole SUCKED....every face won, way to keep guys like Punk and Rhodes down Vince you idiot :banghead: Anywho, back on topic John Cena and the WWE IMO are freaking stupid. What point is there in giving this over rated and stale Cena another title reign. I get that Miz had a long reign and probably needed to drop the title soon but come on give it to Morrison. His pops are huge, he is sick in the ring and his mic work is starting to come around. He was amazing in this match and quite frankly would have won the title if it wasn't for Truth.

Back on point, Cena does not need the title....if the WWE wants his boos to increase then they just accomplised there goals. I get that Cena is the most over on RAW but for god sakes he's been the # 1 guy for almost 7 years now....give someone else a chance. Cena is big enough on his own to be in a top feud on Raw without the title involved. Yes I am a Cena hater but I am also about whats best for business and Cena with the title for the 100th time is not. I hope the boos increase and ratings drop and they will have no choice but to take the title off of him. I guess the only thing I can hope for is Miz gets his rematch tomorrow night and the Rock costs Cena the title, which has been rumored that there will be a confrontation between the two. If Cena gets another unneccsary long title reign then Raw just lost another viewer. Cena you say your unshelfish and all about whats best for business, if so man up and let others get in the title picture....you dumb SOB :disappointed:

Sorry about the rant guys but I dispise Cena as a performer. I respect the man but dispise the character to a pulp!!!!

I have a book called "Professional Wrestling" by Ed. W Smith written back in 1912, and i think im just going to mail to Vince and his creative team.

It speaks about the most basic things about pro wrestling that youd probably scoff at but it shows all the mistakes WWE makes. Yeah I understand they're not a wrestling company anymore but c'mon, you use wrestling as youre main tool to entertain, do it right!!!

People pay to see the bad guy lose!!! keep it going, make people pay for a while, like a comment before mine said, where does the miz go from here? yes he can keep going after cena but its not as meaningful anymore.

Miz had one of the longest title reigns since the 1st Age of Orton so he`s okay.

I expected either this result or Morrison to win considering all the upper midcard heels on Raw now: Ziggler, Swagger, Delrio, etc. Gotta give someone else a chance now.

Eh Cena is boring as champ but if Del Rio is up next for Cena, that should be pretty fucking good. Del Rio can make anyone look like pure gold. Plus this will be a new thing, Rtruth/Morrison is a new thing, who knows where theyll go with Miz and CM Punk now...should be some good shit coming up in the next few months.

We will probably see Cena feud with The Miz for another match and possibly with Del Rio. I can't see Cena holding the WWE championship for one whole year, but anything is possible. The win on a B show PPV wasn't really significant, but I guess WWE thought Cena was out of the title picture for too long. One bigger question is where does the Miz go from here?

Good for him, almost a year he did not have it. He's a great worker, although I think The Miz would have had the greatest victory if he was to win, but John Cena also deserves it. I was cheering for John Morrison the most though :(

Congrats John Cena.

who can he feud with in the main event scene right now? bad move on wwe IMO but i suppose we will see how it plays out

Alberto Del Rio. I don't think he's completely ready but I do believe Cena could put him over make him look good go back and forth with Cena. Cena beats him at Royal Rumble for the WWE title thus forgoing the WM 28 match with The Rock

maybe Cena will finally be the one to give Del Rio his destiny as champ, since we all know Christian couldn't give him his destiny

I don't really feel angry or mad either way, but I will say is I think its a mistake putting the title back on John Cena.

Although it sounds weird since they are putting the title on their #1 guy but frankly since he said the Rock vs. Cena HAS to be for the title it makes me wonder if he is gonna hold the title for the next 11 months (probably not, but it wouldn't be the first time).

Cena doesn't need to be champ and benefits zero from having that title around his waist, he isn't gonna get any more bigger or popular being champ again and I don't believe putting the title on people who don't need it, thats why it made sense Piper wasn't champ, he was such a masterful heel he just plain didn't need to be champ, it wouldn't have done anything for his career outside of saying I was world champ. When Cena 1st won the title he needed it so it was a smart move but the Miz has been elevated so much since winning the title and has done a great job elevating himself more and more each week as champion, him or Morrison could have used the win WAY more than Cena.

Not saying Cena winning is a travesty or anything, but it will most likely be a pointless title reign until he fights the Rock, they basically did it to give Cena something to do for 11 months instead of actually THINKING of original ways to use him and quite frankly its lazy booking.

i knew it, truth beat on morrison which meens the 2 will feud for a bit, that should be entertaining. glad the awful one isnt champ anymore, i was sick of him. cena gets another reign, cool, am i upset about it? fairly, but oh well, a better champ at least, hopefully someone really deserving gets it down the road, maybe jericho? how about batista? maybe jomo? hell, what about ryder? just some random thoughts.

First of all, I know this is off topic but I just have to say this PPV as a whole SUCKED....every face won
since when is Michael Cole a face???? i was upset over Punk's and Rhode's losses. Happy about Christian and Kofi (gets the titles back on the shows) and not happy with Cena. i wanted him to chase the title, then feud with others then finally win the title.

John Cena won, YAY, not just yay because i like Cena but yay because the miz has held the title for a very long time and some change is needed. I think he will lost it to ADR at summerslam and get it back sometime early next year going in to mania 28 that is unless he loses it tomorrow if miz calls for a rematch and the rock interferes =P

Cena as champion ?:banghead:. I guess i won't be checking raw Monday, and please oh please don't let him have the belt until wrestlemania 28 (i bet Vince will do it) because it will suck and i will riot.

praise the lord miz lost i didnt care who beat him just glad its over now he can go back to the MIDCARD WHERE HE BELONGS!!!! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE MIZ LOST AND OSAMA BINLADEN WAS KILLED BEST DAY EVER

THE CHAMP IS HERE!

I have a horrible feeling he's going to lose it tomorrow back to the Miz but I thought I read something on WZ that they want to have a Cena/Del Rio feud over the Summer which is awesome because The Miz is not involved! I wish Morrison won but lets have him whoop R-Truth's ass and crash the main-event scene after. I'm down with some Del Rio/Cena! Please don't drop the strap tomorrow! Miz go fight Santino or something.

Only things better than this today was Christian's match/winning, Osama being killed, and the Redsox winning!

So it begins the 10th reign of SUPERCENA...and so begins the 10th BORING reign. Every title reign cena has is boring..he wins every match and brings nothing to the title picture. Its getting to the point where 4 more and he surpases the so called MOST OVERRATED superstar in wwe history..can we really have SUPERCENA beat Flairs record of title reigns? I wouldnt be surprised if they did..but why take the belt off of Miz? What does it do to the title picture okay I love Del Rio but Miz with the belt has been gold no pun intended for raw..he was a fresh face to the title and proved he belonged only to lose to Cena after beating him at Mania..what does it say about his match at mania then? And everyone who wants a Rock Cena title match is crazier..who thinks the rock is going to win the title its just set up for a predictable match at least if its not for the strap rock has a 30 percent chance of going over SUPERCENA. I am not a person who just bashes cena but i disagree with giving him the title I actually for the first time in a while was sorta getting used to cena chasing for the title but now hes back as the champ...THE CHAMP IS HERE to sell more t shirts to the kids and more foam fingers to all the fathers who get nothing from their wives. If he carries the title till WM 28 it will be terrible..Rock v Cena has ratings written all over it why not allow 2 other superstars the chance to have a decent match that they dont need to pull out all the stops for the title and still have Rock Cena? I dont get it.

I foresee numerous, lame, predictable RAW Main Events with Super Cena as champ. Cena will bore the hell out of the IWC but the kiddies will mark out for him and, more importantly, buy those Fruit Loop shirts and merchandise that the IWC won't buy.

They need to take the belt off Cena ASAP IMO, or RAW is gonna start seriously sucking.

John Cena won, YAY, not just yay because i like Cena but yay because the miz has held the title for a very long time and some change is needed. I think he will lost it to ADR at summerslam and get it back sometime early next year going in to mania 28 that is unless he loses it tomorrow if miz calls for a rematch and the rock interferes =P

very long time???

i see how good wwe is at training drones, 150 something days like cole said isnt a long time, thats why no one feels like a champion because they dont hold the title enough to be one.

Cena winning the title right now isn't really a bad thing, granted their are other people I would rather see as WWE Champion, but hey Cena is always going to be a "sure thing".

Miz needed to drop the belt IF they want him to remain heel right now; he's starting to get his fair share of cheers now. He had a great first run as WWE Champion and it looked bad in the beginning, he proved he was a worthy champion by the end.

I see Cena holding the belt for a month or two tops right now. Night of Champions or whatever they use as the July PPV is where I see him dropping it; NoC mentioned in particular, because best way to get it back off of him would be in a Championship Scramble Match.

Either way boys and girls. don't expect this reign to be that long. This reign is mainly for The Rock tomorrow night on Raw anyways; Cena gets to come to the Rock's Birthday Celebration as the WWE Champion!

Really hoping we get to see another guy claim his first WWE Championship victory soon though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back