Should the WWE championship have stayed on ECW for a little longer in 2006?

avriltt234

Occasional Pre-Show
I am sitting here watching Vengeance 2006 and it got me thinking back at Ecw One Night Stand 2006 Rob Van Dam defeated John Cena thus taking the Wwe Championship to Ecw, he held the title for about a month before losing it back to Edge in a Triple Threat Match that included John Cena and that ended the titles stay in the Land Of Extreme.

My Question is simple should Wwe have let Ecw keep the Wwe Championship for longer than just a month?

And if so what Ecw superstar should have held the title after RVD Dropped it?

I think they could have built up the ECW/WWE thing a little more with the WWE title being held by an ECW guy, but obviously, with the situation going down with RVD/Sabu, I can understand why they took the belt off of RVD, but they could have easily had an ECW guy beat RVD for the WWE title, and had said person feud with Cena

WWE should've known better from the beginning.

They're getting the proverbial band back together, all of them known for their wild behaviour and crazy lifestyles. Then they jump down their throats and ruin months worth of booking because two of them are caught with a little weed?

Really? Because it's not like everyone was accusing Rob Van Dam of being stoned off his tits any other time *rolls eyes*

If I remember correctly, Kurt Angle was on ECW at the time and that would of been good I guess

but we all wanted an ECW original to hold both titles, and I don't know who would of been able to do that well

If I remember correctly, Kurt Angle was on ECW at the time and that would of been good I guess

but we all wanted an ECW original to hold both titles, and I don't know who would of been able to do that well

Angle was on his way out at the time. He was only around about one month after the title change on RAW. I think if he'd been sticking around, it would have been him to win the title and not Big Show.

I think Benoit or Mysterio would have been the best choice.

I think ECW would have been better off without it.

If they were just adding a third show to the, "brand extension," nonsense, then having the ECW Championship on that show would have been enough. Sure, it can make a guy holding both titles look great and a feud between ECW and Raw for the belts could have made for good TV, but what they should have worried about the most was adding credibility to the ECW Championship.

If they had wanted to make ECW look good, they wouldn't have given that title to the Big Show, Mark Henry, Bobby Lashley, etc. Not putting the ECW Title on Sabu, CM Punk, and the guys that crowd wanted to see is what killed ECW. When your show really doesn't have anything to do with the heart of where it was derived from, the fans are going to take away all your credibility and stop watching.

ECW was dead in '06 when they put on PPVs with Matt Stryker on the card and had Bobby Lashley as the champion. The WWE title wouldn't have done much, for the long term.

i can guaranteete you had Van Dam and Sabu NOT been with the drugs, Van Dam would have been champ longer, he might have dropped it to another ECW wrestler but im not exactly sure who. But by the end of the summer, the WWE title would by back on Raw

Well, the answer to your question is for a long time.

Could of had some great story-lines with people pointing fingers at Cena for losing the belt. You would of have had people asking Cena what he was going to do to get that title back. You get where I'm going.

If that belt was on that show, and defended against ECW talent, it would of built both the WWE Brand, and ECW. I can imagine the booking too. Heyman would invade a Raw, stating that this is crap. You don't have a belt. The richest prize in the game is in ECW.

You would of had a lot of decent story-lines.

It does suck that WWE turn ECW into a spring board company. Or a more PC version of FCW. But, I'm sure that's a topic for another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back