John Cena's Over The Limit Opponent.

The Beast

Main-Eventer
As most people know, John Cena has regained the WWE Championship. Now,who will he defend it against at Over The Limit? The Miz? John Morrison? Alberto Del Rio? R-Truth? Who do you think will be his opponent? I'm more leaning towards Alberto Del Rio. Why else would they draft him to Raw, when he was on about to become the World Heavyweight Champion? He has changed his path and obviously going to confront Cena in the coming weeks.

There's always a possibility that Miz could face Cena again at Over The Limit. The Miz has a rematch coming up for the title but I see that match taking place on Raw tonight. With fall out from Extreme Rules, new storylines & feuds beginning & The Rock's "birthday celebration", it's gonna be a stacked show so I think having a WWE Championship match would fit in nicely.

There's also the possibility that The Rock might make his presence known in the match, if it does indeed go down tonight. Costing Cena the WWE Championship after doing the same thing in his match against Miz at WrestleMania would be a nice touch for the continued long build up for Cena vs. Rock & WM 28.

If Cena does wind up facing someone new, I'd say it'll be Alberto Del Rio. Aside from Miz, he's the strongest heel on Raw at this point. He's gotten heavily pushed since his debut on SmackDown! and a feud against Cena for the WWE Championship might be better for Del Rio in the long run than him winning the vacant WHC last night.

Hard to predict. WWE is fond of Triple Threats and Fatal Fourways at events such as Over the Limit (off-brand PPV's), so I have no clue who is next. It could, and should be, The Miz. These two can afford another one-on-one contest, with Cena going over clean.

I don't expect Cena to lose the belt until after WrestleMania 28 (yes, I think he will hold the strap for more than a year), so why not give Miz another shot? I think Cena will be feeding on several established heels over the next year. Guys like Del Rio, Miz, CM Punk, and R-Truth. I also expect WWE to create a few big-time heels, like Swagger, Tyler Reks, Mason Ryan, Drew McIntyre, and possibly The Big Show, for the sole purpose of making Cena look unstoppable going into Mania 28.

His next opponent is hard to predict, but I doubt he loses, no matter who it is.

I don't expect Cena to lose the belt until after WrestleMania 28 (yes, I think he will hold the strap for more than a year)

I agree, I have a bad feeling about this happening and I also think that there is a possibility that the MITB winner this year may be the first to lose in there title match. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad as they might now push young heels hopefully McIntyre and Swagger. The thing that would most annoy me about a really long Cena title reign is..he just doesn't need it, he's much better chasing the belt (or not contending for it at all, yes you guessed it, I hate him).

Anyway I expect the Miz to have his rematch at Over the Limit.

I don't even think Cena will hold the belt until Over The Limit. Putting the belt onto Cena was just another way to up the rivalry between Cena and Rock.

I could easily see Cena coming out tonight talking about well Rock is appearing via satellite and only making random appearances hes out winning titles and giving the WWE Universe"what they want". Or something along those lines at least.

Then whenever Cena and Miz have their rematch for the title, Rock will come out and cost Cena the title somehow without getting Miz DQ'd so Miz wins back the title and the Cena vs Rock feud has more steam to it.

I also see Cena winning MITB this year and again having Rock cost him the title shot and in the process making Cena the first to ever lose a MITB title fight. They need someone to finally lose so it doesn't look like a MITB win means you will win the title 100% of the time. Having Cena be the first to lose wont hurt him any bit especially since Rock will be the reason for it and again it will add more to the Cena-Rock feud.

Miz, Truth, and Morrison in a 4way. An Alberto/Cena feud might spark then...or maybe tonight in the WWE Championship match.

I could really see this happening: no matter who Cena faces at Over the Limit (I think it will be one last one off with the Miz), Cena will hold the belt until Wrestlemania.

I see the Rock going over at Wrestlemania, only to have the Money in the Bank winner immediately come out and cash in on a worn out Rock.

There aren't any clear contenders coming out of Extreme Rules. Morrison will move on to feud with Truth and no one else is involved with Cena apart from The Miz.
My money would be on a Del Rio confrontation during the next couple of weeks. I fear for Del Rio though. He has lost his 2 chances at the WHC. How long can you keep a guy up?

My prediction, Del Rio steps up against Cena at OTL, but loses.
What I'd like to see, The Miz re-captures the WWE Championship tonight and someone else (Mysterio for example) takes on the champion at OTL just to move 2011 along.

I have a feeling that cena will face miz at over the limit. I would not wanna see that. I wanna see something new like Cena vs Ziggler or Cena vs Mcintyre. Cena vs Mcintyre would be pretty interesting

cm punk - now orton is gone to smackdown restart the feud with cena. punk is the best heel

Im Such a Dumbass :banghead:
I cant believe i forgot about My favorite. Cena should face Punk at Over the limit. Btw werent they feuding earlier this year and how did it end???

As what Dhy2jay said this could continue there feud, and end the feud properly. And hoping that cm punk wins the wwe championship

Because I don't see any natural challenger for Cena at the next PPV, my suspicion is Miz will get the title back tonight setting up a final match at Over The Limit.
Or they could just feed someone to Cena, but it won't be Del Rio, he can't afford to lose 3 attempts in a row.

There are so many options that I don't know who could. He could continue his feud with the Miz, or face any of the massive heels on RAW such as Del Rio, Punk, or Ziggler. They might do a championship scramble with those five and throw in a 6th to fill in or so but right now it's to hard to predict

I think that in tonight's WWE title match (Miz v Cena), that Miz will lose thanks to C.M. Punk, leading to a triple threat at OTL.

I would say it's gonna be ADR, instead of Punk, but I see him making a name for himself on RAW for a few months while feuding with (anyone of these superstars) Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne or maybe even Triple H.

It'll likely be Miz, as it's the standard for PPV title changes to have rematches at the next one. Miz will get his shot at recapturing, then he'll fail and both will move onto something else.

EDIT: Okay well now it seems that Cena & Miz are facing off on Raw tonight. I can see 3 things happening from this.

1. Cena wins, feud ends and the move on.

2. Miz wins while cheating and we have another match on PPV, basically just dragging this feud out for another month or so.

3. Cena wins, they still keep going and the feud ends with purpose at the PPV after another Cena win.

If somehow Cena does win and the feud ends tonight, I suspect that he'll move on to fuck with some of the other heels on Raw now, such as McIntyre, Ziggler, and maybe Del Rio, though I think they're saving that for Summerslam. Regardless, should have some good stuff coming up for the Summer.

I still see Cena vs Miz one on one as a viable option. The build up to WM was really a triple threat affair, then Extreme Rules followed suit. I can see them stretching it out a little while longer cause honestly I don't feel like we've been given a satisfactory payout as far as this program is concerned. Cena had to take the title sooner or later, Miz doesn't really have anyone one to drop it to besides Cena, whether it be Cena yesterday or Cena in a month. Morrison is not going to fly as champion. He's just not pulling people in the way a top face should and he won't be getting the ball anytime soon. Miz without the title gives him the opportunity to really branch out and Cena with a year long reign gives us a chance for some fresh programs(Cena and "fresh" in the same sentence... sounds odd :p) Cause he'l be able to work with McIntyre, Ziggler, and whomever they decide to elevate. That's what I'd at least like to see.

I could see a few possible scenarios playing out tonight on RAW setting up for Cena's first title defense at Over the Limit.

Alberto Del Rio - there were rumors of him feuding with Cena over either the WHC or WWE title this summer and now that Cena has the WWE title, we might see that match for SummerSlam. the rumor was that it would be a summer feud so maybe they dont start yet.

CM Punk - the most unlikely of any top contenders for the title. coming off a string of losses to Randy Orton and seemingly on his way out after his current contract expires. however the whole deal with Punk was that he was mad that he wasnt getting pushed and thats why he wants out (along with burnout). Maybe give him a shot and a run at with the title, off of house shows for a little while (unlikely as he is one of the tip heels in the business) but this could solve his contract issue. also, i think he might start a feud with Mason Ryan tonight or have Nexus lock onto their next target...Evan Bourne? Punk did attack him and put him on the shelf just before Punk started his stint as commentator.

John Morrison/R-Truth - highly unlikely as the two will feud with each other, i could see both of them making their cases for the number 1 contender spot as in JoMo's case he wasnt pinned in the cage last night and in Truth's case, the WWE could have a program where 2 former friends collide in Cena/Truth. if you remember, the two teamed a few times while Cena was feuding with the original Nexus.

Miz - most likely of contenders. with his rematch clause being invoked tonight, we might not see that match considering he's using his clause tonight. with it being The Rock's birthday bash tonight, i could see the Rock costing Cena the championship but since its Super Cena its not likely. possibly just a run in after the match.

After going thru the top contenders, lets look at the rest of the RAW roster.

Big Show - unlikely candidate at he is currently tag champs with Kane
Chris Masters - i see him in the running for a possible US title contendership
Curt Hawkins - completely lost in the RAW roster shuffle. its either Superstars, a complete overhaul of his character (reunion with Ryder?) or fired.
David Hart Smith - same as Hawkins. trying to pursuit MMA so he might be on his way out
David Otunga - still involved with Nexus. maybe a little while longer and he could be ready for US contendership but he needs work
Dolph Ziggler - the most likely of this list. he's a former tag champ, intercontinental champ, and even WH champ. i see him being the next contender for the US title tho or starting a feud with Bourne if Punk and Nexus dont. especially after last weeks beatdown.
Drew McIntyre - he would be a good contender. descent in the ring/mic. he could use a mid card feud or even a US title run first tho. maybe even a face turn
Evan Bourne - it seemed like the WWE was putting stock into him before he got injured when Cena stepped up to the big dogs in WWE saying this guy had talent. and he does! hopefully he gets a run at the US title soon because i dont see a WWE title in his future for some time (if ever)
Goldust - i still believe he is injured and hes a lower/low mid card guy. there to job to other guys.
Jack Swagger - unfortunately still in that stupid program with Cole/Lawler/JR. he could do good things with cole. get him away from the announcers tho. let cole manage him AND ONLY MANAGE HIM and we could see a US title run. possibly a WWE title shot.
JTG - he was barely even used on SmackDown! doubtful for the ME picture on RAW
Kofi Kingston - current US champion. cant say its never happened tho. Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton at Royal Rumble a few years back. Hardy was IC champ and Orton was WWE champ. but he's a face, shudnt be feuding with Cena.
Mason Ryan - not ready for ME and still with Nexus (maybe)
Michael McGillicutty - same as Mason Ryan
Primo - nowhere near ME level. not even near US title level
Rey Mysterio - maybe. i could see in an upper mid card role tho. like what cena had while orton was fighting for the championship and vice versa.
Santino Marella - i believe he's still in a tag team with Kozlov and i dont wanna say it cant happen as he was one of the last superstars in the RR. never say never in pro wrestling...i mean entertainment!
Skip Sheffield - still injured i believe. he would be a good guy for the ME tho. work on his mic skills as he hasnt been around for a while and i dont remember his work. feud with Nexus?
Triple H - i dont think we'll see Triple H around until possibly SummerSlam. hopefully he doesnt challenge Undertaker at WM again...but thats not the point.
Tyler Reks - US title would be great for this guy
Vladimir Kozlov - same as Santino
Zack Ryder - it seems like WWE really hates this guy. hes great. give him a US title shot. if not that just a normal feud. but make him credible. WWE is missing out on a great talent.

While I was writing the possibilities for the above superstars, I thought maybe they could bring back the "WWE Title Virgins Battle Royal" that Jesse "The Body" Ventura invoked last year when he was Guest GM. Get all the guys who havent won the right to hold the title and put them into a battle royal. Ironically, thats how Sheamus won the title from...you guessed it...John Cena! This would be great for guys like Bourne, McIntyre, Kofi, Ryder, and other guys. It will be interesting to see if they let Ziggler or Swagger in as they have held WHC gold.

Well, I think John Cena should be fighting The Miz in a rematch tonight on Raw, but also, Alberto Del Rio is being saved up until SummerSlam. And R-Truth and John Morrison should only focus on each other and not the WWE title belt.

So the one and only person available in my book is Dolph Ziggler. His stint with Edge was short, but sweet, and I'd like to see the two to go at it.

I have to go in the direction of the person who said something about the rock but I'll go in a different direction. Let's say the rock shows up & somehow throws himself into the mix with the title & winning it. Keeping it away from cena for a while. Saying he's gonna keep away the 1 thing that cena thrives for. Having cena show up on talk shows 'unannounced'. Giving the match @ WM a little mainstream viewing. It hurts bc he wouldn't defend the title & give no1 a shot either but who knows. Crazier things have happened.

I think Alberto Del Rio because he cant chase the WHC anymore so the next best thing for him would be the WWE title.

cm punk - now orton is gone to smackdown restart the feud with cena. punk is the best heel

Rtruth is a better heel than Cmp and its not even close . I would go as far to say hes the best heel on Raw period as of now.The guy can get heat off facial expressions alone. But of course thats my opinion. I think Cena will fued with Alberto Del Rio over the next few weeks. I dont think it will be entertaining and i have no idea why the WWE has that guy main eventing. He's not over enough.

Rtruth is a better heel than Cmp and its not even close . I would go as far to say hes the best heel on Raw period as of now.The guy can get heat off facial expressions alone. But of course thats my opinion. I think Cena will fued with Alberto Del Rio over the next few weeks. I dont think it will be entertaining and i have no idea why the WWE has that guy main eventing. He's not over enough.

:lmao:

I don't like CM Punk but even I know that he is a way better heel than R-Truth probably can ever hope to be. I agree that Cena's next opponent should be Punk because I thought they were going to have a good feud at the start of the year but they had other plans. Cena and Punk have good chemistry in the ring and should make for some great matches.

I am pretty sure it will end up

Miz vs Cena
R Truth vs Morrison
Del Rio vs Mysterio (Possibly #1 Contender)
Punk/Ryan vs Kane/Big Show ?

Other than the Cena vs Miz, this was all laid out on RAW. I think Miz will get another match or two with Cena.

I think The Miz should win a gauntlet match of sorts like Cena did to get another championship shot and get a third match. Similar to Orton when he used his rematch clause in TLC and won the number one contender for it at Royal Rumble. He eventually lost there too, so I can see the Miz going the same way here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back