WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Championship Match - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs John Cena

Or you could also have a draw with both guys failing to answer the ten count after a brawl between the conspiracy team and the faces. That's a finish that WWE loves to do anyway.

The more I read that sentence, the more it starts to make sense in my mind, that it could very well happen that way.

Someone will come out and interfere with the match, but I don't think it's any of the ones you stated.

Yeah, I don't see how Cena loses this match when Last Man Standing fits in with his whole "Never Give Up" schtick. The obvious take is that someone interferes with the match, but Miz and R Truth are in a tag match that I honestly believe will be the final bout featured at Vengeance. If that tag match comes before, then yes it opens that up, but otherwise you need to introduce a new heel to their side.
Del Rio is smart. Plus they're trying to get him over. If he beats Cena in one of "his" matches, a match he chose, after never beating Cena, how awesome does he look?

Finding clever, underhanded ways to win is one thing that gets a heel over. Cena just doesn't have to get to his feet right? Never says he has to be KOed, just not on his feet at the count of 10. What about handcuffing him to something really heavy?

Not only that but ADR has kinda been in the background of a lot of the "conspiracy" stuff so who knows. The only thing I'm sure of, is as I've said, it's going to make ADR look great and will be a fantastic match.

As for the whole number of title reigns Cena has, or that ADR has had 2 in his first year, give it a break. Jesus christ it's essentially a prop for stories. Rock won his first title in November 1998, lost it for the last time in August 2002. So in a little less than 4 years, Rock had 7 titles. Cena has 12 from Mania 2005 till today, so 12 in 6 1/2 years. Don't bitch about Cena. He has 12 because he's been THE guy in the company, working his ass off.

WWE doesn't sit around and go "lets give this guy X number of titles, he deserves it" they go "right now we need to put the strap on Alberto and make him look like a star, Cena is established as the guy, let's make it happen". That's how it works. If you're the best, you're constantly in the title feud because you're the draw and you bring other guys up. Cena has 12 reigns because he's been really really over. Rock has less overall but relatively the same in the same amount of year (2/yearish average), but Rock decided he loved movies more. So basically, Cena has more than Rock because he loves wrestling more. He has more than Austin because he stayed healthy longer. He has more than Hogan because Hogan held the title for 4 freakin years at one point. He has more than HBK because he stayed healthy, he has more than Bret because bret wasn't the top draw for as long.

There's no conspiracy or the WWE 'rewarding' guys who don't deserve it. It's simple business. If you just apply logic to it, it makes sense.

Sorry to REALLY stray off topic there, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't think.

Edit, I guess technically Rock has 9. WWE.com has his title history as a 2 time WCW champion in 2001. So yea, Rock had 9 titles in less than 4 years. Cena won his first title in early 2005. If he were on the same pace as Rock, he'd have about 15 titles. O yea but there's that part about where most of you were Rock marks, so it's okay for Rock to have so many in a short time period.

I expect the match to be good nothing spectacular or memorable del rio will probably get the typical heel fashion with his pokemon interfering (ricardo) or awesome truth helping del rio win to help kickstart the buildup to the 25th annual survivor series

I expect the match to be good nothing spectacular or memorable del rio will probably get the typical heel fashion with his pokemon interfering (ricardo) or awesome truth helping del rio win to help kickstart the buildup to the 25th annual survivor series

That's the logical thing to do. Love the Pokemon reference, though.

It's all build-up for Survivor Series, yes, and here's hoping to a great 3 hour RAW in Boston when The Rock n' Sock connection reunites.

This will probably close the show. It would make perfect sense for Del Rio to retain here because a win against Cena in a Last Man Standing match would legitimize his status as a world title holder worthy of the belt. If Cena wins then it renders both of Del Rio's title wins worthless. The fans would not take him seriously as a title threat if he loses them too fast. I usually enjoy Last Man Standing matches so the match itself should be alright. The match will be about making Alberto look stronger as a champion. Del Rio wins then moves on to feud with Punk while Cena moves on to his team with The Rock for Survivor Series.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Alberto Del Rio will retain the WWE Championship.

Del Rio needs to win here.Just won the damn belt, if Del Rio loses I mean you can pretty much dump Del Rio on NXT! Cena needs to find something else to do after he loses, maybe play around with Miz and Truth.

Hopefully Del Rio wins and they dont play this game with Cena and the championship reigns. Cena need something to do after this maybe put him and trips in a feud ,or hell we haven't seen him and Orton in a couple months and i Know the WWE is never tired of that one.

I'm banking on Del Rio walking out with the title here. And quite frankly, despite being a Cena fan it's what I'm hoping for. I get that Cena is the company's top draw and all that, but I'm burned out on seeing him in the title picture. Cena gains nothing by having the title hot potatoed back to him and it just makes Del Rio look bad. I predict Del Rio goes over in a very solid match here which will solidify his spot as RAW's top heel, Cena goes on to hype his teaming with Rock at Survivor Series, and Punk will be next in line for a title shot against Del Rio.

The problem I see with this match is the same as so many have correctly said- The build for this match has been non-existant. It feels similar to their match at NOC, except Cena showed interest in the title there. In this case, Cena's barely mentioned the WWE title. It's been an afterthought, until the end of Raw. I know it's only been 3 weeks, but the man obsessed with the title barely mentions it? Del Rio hasn't been much better- He's focused on his current opponents, and cutting the crowd down. He hasn't been focused on the match either, which is a shame. The man needs all the help he can get, and this build isn't helping him.

The Last Man Standing match does nothing to draw interest into the actual match. Don't get me wrong- Last Man Standing matches involving John Cena are always great. They talk about different superstars having their trademark match, and this may very well be it for John Cena. But much to my chagrin, he's not going to win here.

it pains me to say it, because John Cena is the only active superstar I mark out for(Edge was the other, behind Cena). But with another build so non-existant and them finally only getting main event time on the go-home show, Del Rio will retain here. It won't be without help- Expect Ricardo Rodriguez, John Laurinitis, and possily his two new hires, Miz and Truth, to beat Cena down. I don't expect another spotlight scene where he had against Edge due to Big Show, but I do believe that HHH will be feuding with Punk, leaving Cena to feud with management and Truth/Miz as a result. For him to move into that place, Del Rio has to retain here. I don't know how and I don't even have a slight guess, but this is the match I have the most confidence in.

LSN Prediction: Alberto Del Rio will be the Last Man Standing against John Cena.

I'll admit, the build for this feud has been very lackluster. Del Rio and Cena have showcased some pretty solid mic skills throughout this feud, but I always have this "let's just get this over with, so both guys can move on to something new" every time I watch Raw. I know Del Rio and Cena can have a good match together, but this rivalry hasn't done anything for me.

Del Rio should walk away with gold here, because I don't think Cena would win the title back again. It would be too soon, and Cena could be headed for a break from the WWE Championship picture. This should be an excellent match, and I will be happy to see this feud finally come to an end.

I like Cena a hell of a lot more than Del Rio, but like Notorious said frankly I'm burned out of Cena as the WWE Champion right now and I think it's time for a fresh face to hold the title, right now it's Del Rio's time. Even though the odds seem to favor Cena in a Last Man Standing match, ADR is going to find some way to win this, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of his buddies come out and give him a hand in weakening Cena but no matter who interferes or what happens in the match, Alberto Del Rio retains his title.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Alberto Del Rio Retains

Some sort of shit win for Del RIo here. Thank fuck though, Del Rio has been horrendously booked as a ME guy. Your feelings on wether he should be there in the first place are irrelevant to that, any unbiased person can see it.

Hopefully he is put over here, as either strong, or very nefarious. Zero reason at all to have Cena go over, especially if the WWE title being involved in the Rock - Cena match at WM has been scrapped, as is rumored. If that really is the case, no better time than the present to begin building Del Rio up.

Del Rio looked very strong in this match. Del Rio is beginning to regain some of the credibility he lost over the past months due to WWE poor bookings and chaotic storytelling.

Del Rio gave as good as he got with Cena. He was aggressive and fought tooth and nail with Cena. The interference was expecting but it was FAR less than I thought it'd be. I figured we'd have half the locker room interfering in the match at various points throughout it. Del Rio got the win in a hard fought match, he retained the title and now I'm hoping WWE moves them on. Survivor Series is just around the corner, in which The Rock & Cena will be on the same team, so having him lose here makes perfect sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back