Hell In A Cell - WWE Championship - John Cena (c) vs. Alberto del Rio vs. CM Punk

It's so strange in how many storylines are surrounding with this one match.

you have the Triple H/Miz/R-Truth issue, then you have the Nash/Punk/Triple H/Johnny Ace, Del Rio/Cena/Punk issue. It would be interesting how everything comes together in Hell in a Cell.

I think the over complicated storylines here the WWE can basically go anwhere with this. Hope it pays off

there is always a possibility for nash,miz,truth ,trips,ace or even vince interfering somehow and effecting the result of the match, we will just wait and see.

there is always a possibility for nash,miz,truth ,trips,ace or even vince interfering somehow and effecting the result of the match, we will just wait and see.

This is a main event title match, surrounded by a storyline involving most of the upper card; the gimmick of the match is "no-one gets in or out", so invariably WWE will go for some admittedly-predictable shock value and try to subvert this when someone does get in to interfere.

Wouldn't be surprised to see any, or even all, of the guys you mentioned and possibly some of Otunga's allies as well if Trips turns up.

Good call son. We'll see if you're right on Sunday.

I do not think that Punk is winning this so I will just rule him out. I think he is there more to honour his rematch clause and make this the first ever Triple Threat HIAC of all time. In fact I also believe that he will be taking the pin. That will ensure that there is another match, possibly a feud ending match between Del Rio and Cena. No matter who wins the other party will have a claim to a rematch that way.

I don't think this will be a clean match, though. I am almost certain that Otunga, Vickie's faction and Awesome Truth will interfere despite this taking place inside a cell. I think that either one out of the two things will happen. Either this gang will lay everyone out and place Del Rio on Punk for the win or else it will be a nearfall with Del Rio being knocked out of the match from that point onwards and Cena and Punk wrestling a clean match thereafter with Cena pinning Punk.

It's either Del Rio or Cena but I am leaning towards Cena.

This is going to be an ugly ending to this match...I would be stunned if this was a clean finish. You have guys like Miz, Truth and Nash, and then maybe also Dolph/Swagger, Rhodes, Christian and Otunga even getting in on it to spite HHH.

I think ADR wins, setting up the rubber match at Vengeance with Cena.

A lot can happen here with so many storylines surrounding this match. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Hmm, this is probably the most tricky prediction on the entire card. Punk could have a chance, but I just don't see it happening. If Punk wins, then we would get another Punk/Cena match. I would love to see these two wrestle each other again, but I don't think WWE would return to Cena VS Punk so soon. Del Rio seems like more of a likely candidate. A win for Del Rio could set up a rematch with Cena, so I'm going to have to pick the man of "destiny" here. Cena retaining does sound reasonable enough, but who could he feud with if he wins? Miz and Truth are fired, and when you stop and think about it, Del Rio and Punk really are the only two men, who are ready to step into the WWE Championship picture.

As far as the match goes, I can't say I'm too excited about it. I'm expecting some clusterfuck style shenanigans here. HHH has made his fair share of enemies during his tenure as WWE's COO, and some outside interference would be a nice way to ruin Raw's main event. Cena, Del Rio, and Punk could have an awesome match here, but I'm not expecting a clean win for anyone.

This has the potential to be one of the best HIAC matches in a long time! i agree that Cena will more than likely win this, but its not going to be an easy match for any of them. Would like the cell to come into play more unlike recent HIAC PPV's where the match is 95% contested in the ring, with punks style the cell will be used a lot to his advantage, as to Del Rio's style, this is one match where if there was to be a shock on the night, it would be Del Rio winning the match but its not likely to happen.

Also i think this Punk/Nash storyline will come into play in this match, I can see Nash breaking into the cell and taking out punk leaving Cena to finish Del Rio off

Winner - John Cena via Submission (STF on Del Rio)

I was very skeptical of this match when it was first announced. Hell In A Cell matches are meant to settle personal feuds. However, John Cena's promo on the most recent Raw really changed my perspective for the most part. Hell In A Cell is, at it's core, a problem solver. The past few months have seen the WWE Championship surrounded in controversy. The title has gone from Superstar to Superstar, rematches that should have happened haven't, there wer even two champions at one point. So what better way to settle this problem than to have the three guys at the centre of these problems fight in a cage? Cena really sold it to me on Monday, and not I am a lot more excited for the match.

As for the result, Cena has to retain, doesn't he? I just want to see the WWE Championship settle down now for a few months. I'm sure WWE wants the same. CM Punk can carry on trying to change WWE, or he could enter into a feud with del Rio. Cena, meanwhile, could take on all manner of challengers. Maybe even put over a young heel or feud with Awesome Truth. I'd be down with that.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. It's three very accomplished in-ring performers surrounded by steel, and any result is going to set up a very exciting future for Raw's main event.

Cena is not walking out with the title. I heard that Punk and Del Rio will be entering a long feud while Cena gets involved with The Rock for Survivor Series. This match can get the title off of him without him having to be pinned. Now he could still win and lose the title at Vengeance.... Losing it here makes more sense because Punk and Del Rio can begin a likely angle without Cena and just the two of them feuding over the title as long as he loses tomorrow. I see Cena stepping away from the title for once to put someone over in a filler feud after this match. Not sure who it will be though.

The conspiracy angle will come into play somehow. I expect for Miz, Truth, Nash, Laurinaitis, and Trips to all get involved somehow. Are they working with Del Rio against Punk? That's my guess. This will probably main event and be a decent triple threat match. I just hope the next PPV isn't a rematch of this match. Cena moves on to The Rock or a filler feud to put someone else over while Punk and Del Rio begin feuding over the belt for a while.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Alberto Del Rio will win the WWE Championship.

Real interesting stuff here. Not sure which way they're going. Which is a good thing. I'm guessing a bunch of conspiracy stuff will come to a head and it will be another cluster booking (in a good way) that will be attitude era-esque in it's "what the fuck is going on" wildness feel to it.

I think the match itself will be really good because you have 3 pros in the ring.

Like others have posted, this match seems a bit hard to predict. Will Del Rio win and cause the IWC to go apeshit because we hate the game hot patato? Will Cena win and cause the IWC to go apeshit because SuperCena can't be stopped? Will Punk win causing the IWC to go apeshit because he's the best wrestler ever in the history of history? I don't know; there are tons and tons of ways which this match could end making it very hard to predict the outcome. I see a weird/unexpected type finish progressing the "Conspiracy angle" a bit further. I see an interference from both Truth and Miz possibly causing Alberto Del Rio to squeeze out another lucky WWE Championship win which everyone can bitch about. Whatever the case may be, I think my hands will be full on these here forums come Sunday night.

Hamler's Prediction - Alberto Del Rio will win the WWE Championship.

cena wont win because of survivor series with the rock

I agree with this comment, Cena and The Rock need a build up for wrestlemania, and you don`t need a WWE Championship match added to this. This match CENA/ ROCK at Wrestlemania is a massive..massive match.

So its got to be Alberto or Punk in my opinon.

CM Punk put over Triple H remember, so surely Triple H has big plans for CM Punk. Therefore i will be putting my money on CM Punk to win!

Well like Stone Cold said, Del Rio is not ready to carry the belt. I wouldn't be surprised if he won but I wouldn't be surprised if Cena retains. What would be the point of giving the belt back to ADR if he could have retained at NOC? Makes the bling title more worthless. Putting the belt on a guy to promote a tour is dumb anyways. Punk winning doesn't make sense if they want to continue this conspiracy thing, which will play a factor into this match imo.

The title doesn't have to be defended at Survivor Series, folks.

Very much looking forward to this, I immeadiately thought we could have a great match on our hands the moment this was announced. Three guys whose styles and skills harken back to the old school, in an old school (well now that they use the bigger one) type gimmick.

At first I thought that Del Rio would steal it by some shenanigan, but from what I have read and seen, it appears Del Rio and Punk will be feuding going forward, so it looks like itll be Cena slipping out by the skin of his teeth. It all makes sense though, since it was Del Rio who cost Punk the title, that Punk costs Del Rio the title.

Should be a great match.

I'm still going for Cena making Del Rio tap out. I'm also betting on Miz/R Truth taking out CM Punk at some point during the match.

Team Cena Vrs Team Rock at SS ? I'd love to see a mixture of high profile Raw and Smackdown stars involved in that one. I'd love to see a CM Punk team against a Del Rio lead one - can keep up the feud and promote some talent too.

Not likely..... they are on the same team:blush:

Dash !:wtf: I'd have preferred them against one another - have Rock coaching a team of superstars against a team lead by John Cena. Rock could interfere at the end and cost Cena's team the match. Or maybe jump in the ring as the ref is out, hit Cena with the Rock Bottom only for him to kick out as the ref recovers and go on to win the match.

I prefer my idea to be honest ! :lmao:

Cena will obviously win this...yuck. If he was going to win it for a 12th time, this would've been a better ppv to win it at and NOT Night of Champions 2 weeks ago. It made no sense with Hell in a Cell right around the corner. CM Punk has lost some steam but hopefully he can do something in this match. He won't win here, but he'll look good I think. As for Del Rio...well he's been the odd man out and is only in this IMO because he was the former champion. I'd like to see Del Rio do something to stand out in this match. He desperately needs to tonight.

tough call since both cm punk and john cena are reportedly booked for SS which is the next ppv. cena and rock team up and it was rumoured that it will be team cm punk vs team HHH, which indicates that cena and pucnk may very well not be champ at that time. therefore i think (even though he doesnt deserve it cause he sucks and isnt ready) that del rio is going to win the wwe championship once again and have his way to early second title run.

It was a pretty good match, very back and forth. I enjoyed it.

The ending to the PPV though....To be honest i just didnt like it. I knew what was going on. It just didnt do it for me.

I liked the match but if that was the only way to have Cena lose the title then its a bit of a let down! And what does it say for Del Rio? he can only win by locking Cena out and bashing Punk with a pipe, not a credible champion!
the ending to the PPV was perfect to fit into the storyline of the 5 on 5 at survivor series, there will be a lot of people pissed with HHH after that and maybe a few more people "fired"

Great match, poor ending to it but the aftermath was fantastic! I cant wait to see what happens next!

@Robbo 89

In all fairness ADR is a heel, what else do you expect?

I personally loved the finish and i think it played out really well. They just keep adding more layers to this whole angle which i really love and it is so much more complex than anything WWE have done in a long time. There is a certain unpredictabillity about WWE at the moment and i personally think it is a very exciting time to be a wrestling fan.

Sounds like another overbooked PPV main event.

When will these promotions learn that fans want a clean finish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back