WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Championship Match - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs John Cena

Ferbian

Has Returned.
20111010_vengeance_cenadelrio.jpg

Alberto Del Rio will defend his WWE Championship at Vengeance against John Cena! It was one of the first major announcements made by Raw SuperShow's new Interim General Manager, John Laurinaitis.

Cena has been ready for his rematch since he lost the WWE Title at WWE Hell in a Cell in a Triple Threat Match against Del Rio and Punk, when The Mexican Aristocrat locked Cena out of the cell and used a steel pipe to defeat The Straight Edge Superstar. However, Laurinaitis has declared that this is Cena’s last chance at the WWE Championship. If he doesn’t defeat Del Rio on Oct. 23, he doesn’t get another title match against him. Cena stated that he only needs one chance at Del Rio – a Superstar who has yet to beat him in his life.

Now that Del Rio has won his second WWE Title, the Mexican Superstar isn’t ready to give up his destiny just yet. After defeating both Cena and Punk at WWE Hell in a Cell, Del Rio is determined to hold onto the most coveted prize in WWE, no matter the cost and regardless of the stipulation.

Will Cena capture the WWE Championship for a record 11 times at Vengeance? Or will Del Rio finally defeat Cena, one-on-one, to continue his title reign? Watch Vengeance Oct. 23 at 8 ET/5 PT, live on pay-per-view.

Somewhat surprised this haven't been posted yet.

John Cena gets his rematch at Vengeance against Alberto Del Rio, continuing their feud further. Will John Cena overcome his opponent and regain the covenant WWE Championship, or will the Mexican aristocrat retain? Share your opinions right here!

I think the match will be rather good, Alberto and John Cena are both well rounded wrestlers that have proven in the past that they can have a pretty good match, and I don't see why their match at Vengeance should be any different. I have to say that I honestly hope Alberto Del Rio gets to retain, because with the looks of it now, the WWE championship scene could very well resemble the 2009 one around this time of the year, with John Cena and Randy Orton exchanging the title back and forth, steadily increasing the amount of reigns they can list on their accomplishments.

It is an really odd feeling to have another John Cena WWE title match within months with absolutely no interest in it. The other match would be the Cena/Del Rio match at Night of Champions.

I just think Del Rio has been a bomb. He doesn't have any presence or command attention. He is still is doing the same shit that didn't get a reaction a year go; which shows no improvement and/or he is complacent. Heck, he went MIA for a week and the internet didn't go crazy. Also think he has just been all over the place in the ring to the point that it is just hard to get into his matches.

I don't think who wins here matters. The whole booking of shows is a total mess and/or nothing is happening at all.

I couldn't care less who wins. Honestly Im bored with this feud...Im more intrigued with the conspiracy storyline. Hell, the divas are more interesting. WWE is wasting this feud.

del rio should keep the belt john cena should be screwed over by johnny ace leaving cena dumb founded in the ring, perhaps a run in by the agents of change (christian, chody rhodes, dolph and swagger)..there all aligned...that will set up the survivor series match with cena, punk, the rock, and maybe throw in sheamus and hhh...

looks like thats what there going for too..there so predictable these days.

henry vs show vs randy orton for ss
sin cara vs sin cara for ss
ryder and kofi vs miz n r truth

i have no desire to see this match as they both suck and del rio has proven when not given a script to read off of hes horrible promo wise theres only about 10 moves at the very most between both of these guys del rio should retain but vince wants cena to break flair's record soon it would seem but im gonna go with the stupid boring mexican to beat captain america...oh wait i mean john cena and then for punk to enter a fued with del rio over the title

It is really sad to see that the WWE title match has almost zero build-up and anticipation. This match will most likely be used to further the Survivor Series main event(involving Rock/Cena). I expect a few run-ins and a bit of a chaotic situation towards the ending of the match with del Rio probably emerging victorious. Anyway, i expect it to be a decent match(much like their one at NoC).

One thing that i have been wondering about it that if Cena and probably Punk are in the Survivor Series match, will there be a WWE Championship match at SS?

Before this thread i had no idea who the champion was. I knew one of them had it. This feud has been extremely boring mostly on del rios part. Hes boring and his moveset is boring. I watch him(RAW) every week and the only move i have seen from him is his armbar.

Then add in John cena who is also stale and you got an upcoming bad match. Theres no story behind it either. Its okay sometimes to have a terrible match, but atleast make up for it with an actual story!

All i know is, del rio won the title, cena wants it back(wins it again), del rio wins it and now cena wants it back(so he'll win again). Wheres the story? I dont get it. Why should i spend my money on this PPV?

How anyone could be hyped for this match is beyond me. And the worst part is it doesnt matter who wins.

If del rio wins....we get another boring month of him on tv. If Cena wins...we roll our eyes and get ANOTHER cena feud. God its so lose/lose. I dont even want to illegally stream this PPV because its not even worth my time.

wow i am a wwe hound and had no idea this match was being booked!! Way to announce it WWE anyway this match has zero interest and i dont care if Booka T beats up daniel bryan steals his MITB briefcase and cashes in!! That be more interesting than this cena v del rio!! Is it me or has Del Rio been a bust?:shrug:

Wow, what's with all the hate on Del Rio here? Saying this match is gonna suck is idiotic. Doesn't anyone remember their match at Night Of Champions? It was a pretty solid match. And I expect a better one this time. Cena and Del Rio have pretty good chemistry and I for one am enjoying their feud.

I think this match is gonna be nothing less than good. Although I expect another Superman-defeat finish where someone interferes to take Cena out I think I'm gonna really enjoy this match. I expect Del Rio to retain in a good back and forth match in some dirty tactic or outside interference. Maybe even The Rock interfering if he can make it to the PPV.

Wow, what's with all the hate on Del Rio here? Saying this match is gonna suck is idiotic. Doesn't anyone remember their match at Night Of Champions? It was a pretty solid match. And I expect a better one this time. Cena and Del Rio have pretty good chemistry and I for one am enjoying their feud.
The problem is the lack of build up.

Del Rio is very talented, but he has almost no heat. For a heel WWE Champion, that's terrible.
It's not his fault, it's the storytelling department fault. They should come up with ways to make Del Rio build heat and increase his rivalry with John Cena (or whomever is going to feud with him next).

If Cena wins this, I'm convinced they just want to give Cena 17 world titles sooner rather than later.

Del Rio needs to go over Cena or he loses all credibility, it's already severely damaged as is.

Honestly who gives a damn about this match. Obviously Del Rio will defend the title, if he loses again the title would be worthless. Del Rio is a sloppy wrestler and horrible in the mic. I don't understand why WWE entered him as a main event star since his debut. His destiny storyline is stupid, his entrance is a JBL rip off, and he has no ring presence. Del Rio has nothing to deserve the push he has been given. His 1st title reign, a joke. Why is he still here? I'm completely indifferent to this feud.

I think it would make sense if Del Dorito beats Cena at Vengeance, since Cena is in the main event for Survivor Series traditional tag team match, how will he defend the title if he wins? Well, unless Cena wins at the PPV then the night after Del Dorito beats him to add another reign to Cena's accomplishments..

WWE have been unpredictable as of late for run-ins etc so our best choice is to wait for the result ;)

This match is basically worthless to me, the hype for this match is extremely low, i agree that there match at night of champions was quite good but WWE obviously choose this match randomly which pisses me off a little bit these two might have some history but it still needs to have a good promo to actually call it a main event.

Also i agree with some people sayying that Alberto Del Rio doesn't show presence and isn't the best on the mic, which always has me re-thinking who the hell, the WWE Champion really is.

But anyways Alberto Del Rio should take the win so he can face off against a different contender at survivor series so John Cena can be in the Survivor Series Match, most likely CM Punk, The Miz, R-Truth or Zack Ryder i don't really know...

I don't see much of a problem with this match. Cena at the least has proven that he can pull out a 5 star match, and regardless of the opponent it takes all the competitors of the match to do so.

Alberto Del Rio is decent enough in the ring, personally I do not care too much for his promos, but they have the consistency of character and development to lead to him being in the spot that he is in, defending the WWE title, although I would argue that he should still be in his first reign not his second, but credit to WWE were i believe it is due, they gave the title back to him swiftly, showing that even if backstage support for him is wavering it is there, and there are people that believe he can be a maineventer in WWE.

I do not think that this is the top story currently playing out on RAW, in my opinion would be the CM Punk storyline, although this has been intertwined with that story and very well may be again. It is still not a bad storyline, I do not find it hard to believe that Cena would be more focused on regaining the WWE title that Punk would be, and with Misterio injured obviously he is not looking to regain. Being either challenger or champion is more a part of Cena's character than it is Punk's, who is going along with the change within the WWE story at the moment, but will more than likely regain the title at some point in the not too distant future.

I am expecting Del Rio to win this match, and hopefully a win will make him seem more of a credible main eventer and champion. in my honest opinion, whether including interference or not, I think the best finish to this match would be to have Cena tap out to Del Rio's cross arm breaker. This would seriously help Del Rio be viewed as a true maineventer and credible champion, and can be done without a great deal of damage to Cena's character. To the best of my knowledge Cena has never tapped out in a WWE ring, and with the upcoming Wrestlemania match with The Rock and high possibility of teaming with him at Survivor Series I actually believe that Vengeance would be the best time in his Career to have Cena tap out. Show him in a true situation were he is in the middle of the ring, the submission is properly and expertly applied, and Cena is faced with the choice of holding on and risking his arm being broken, and thus the cancelation of his Wrestlemania match with The Rock, or at that one and just one precise second of his entire WWE career, deciding that the best option is to tap and save the Wrestlemania match.

It would not be something to be ignored, and I think if such a thing were to happen Cena should bring it up at the next RAW. If must be he can apologise to the fans for tapping, and say that he did so for the fans, because he knows that Cena vs Rock is a big match, and he did not want to risk it not happening for both his and Rocks fans. The biggest problem of this outcome, the fact that Cena would have tapped and so has been shown as able to be made to submit, could easily be confronted by having Cena vow to never again give in during a match, and at some point, maybe several, have The Rock place Cena in a Sharpshooter and show Cena either escaping time after time, or simply refusing to submit Stone Cold Steve Austin style, not so much recreating the storyline, but referencing the Bret Hart, SCSA match to any fans that have seen or are aware of it, and relying the same determination to not give up.

Thus in the long run we end up with a John Cena who is arguably more determined than ever, and an Alberto Del Rio who is still champion, and hopefully more credible, who is now able to go on and feud with other main event talent within WWE, whether that be CM Punk, getting involved in the power struggle storyline, Big Show (who I am actually shocked to find is actually officially on the Raw roster) or maybe a return to the ring by HHH.

In the long run I think this main event actually has the potential to be the point that sets up the main RAW storylines for the upcoming months, maybe even until Wrestlemania, by helping to put the characters in the match, and those associated with the story into the mind frame and setting that will lead them into 'Mania's card.

If Cena is to win I am honestly not sure where the storyline may go, Cena yet again is WWE champion, and Del Rio would have another short title reign. Besides the obvious rematch I see Miz and Punk as the obvious choices of next challenger, with Miz portraying a top heel and Punk a face character that could quite easily Conceivably compete for the title against an also face Cena.

So I am expecting a Del Rio victory, but if that does not happen I can at least see possible storylines than can be put in place for a champion Cena.

i already know whos gonna win. del rio is gonna beat up cena for a while then cena fights back, 50/50 chance of interference, cena comes back with his 5 moves. hits the F U and then hit the 123.. but i could be wrong. i can see cena winning the belt (AGAIN)

This feud is complete shit. This is one of the worst WWE title feuds in a long time. The buildup and hype for their matches have been very poor. Very surprising, usually Cena gets the best storylines. I guess this is just "busy work" for him until The Rock comes back.

Wow lol. talk about an average IWCers dream. You have John Cena, the guy who says corny catchphrases, has muscles "does steroids", and "can't wrestle". Against the guy who "says the same shit over and over in his promos" and "sucks in the ring".

But seriously, this is Cena trying to build Del Rio. Del Rio is a pro and does everything right as far as carrying his character and being believable, just doesn't get the best script sometimes. They'll book this to make Del Rio look good.

Maybe it's a screwjob, donno. I just know that the match will be solid because both guys know what they're doing and Del Rio will come out looking better than before.

I think the only logical thing that can happen is John Cena is screwed by the rest of the Laurinaitus gang leading to the feud of WWE HHH vs WWE Laurinaitus, but Del Rio feuding with someone else at Survivor Series because he did technically win.

I'll be very confused if Cena wins and even more confused if Del Rio wins clean because it does nothing to set up the next PPV

This is sort of an odd situation. On one hand you have that this is a Last Man Standing match. Does Cena EVER lose those? No. But on the other, why would they give him the belt if he's gonna be in a SS match of WWE vs. Anti-WWE (or whatever you wanna call it)? You have to think he'd somehow lose this match, which is practically unthinkable since it is a LMS, so you could only assume some interference. Kevin Nash perhaps? Miz and Truth will have already had a match. Plus it would put Nash back in the storyline for the SS match.

Still another question: Assuming Del Rio wins, who does he face next? Cena and Punk would be out. Obviously not HHH. John Morrison has been buried so far it's amazing. Who's the next top face? Ryder is fun and has potential but definitely not ready for that. Am I missing someone?

Even with a good build up, which this has obviously not had, this would still be a perplexing situation. I'm guessing Del Rio only because it just doesn't make sense to give Cena the belt before SS unless we're grossly misinformed about their plans for him and The Rock to team up for it.

Edit:

I guess one possible scenario is they bring Del Rio further into the Laurinitis storyline and he joins their side at SS, but that would mean the WWE Title is not defended at the PPV. Doubt that would happen...

Yeah, I don't see how Cena loses this match when Last Man Standing fits in with his whole "Never Give Up" schtick. The obvious take is that someone interferes with the match, but Miz and R Truth are in a tag match that I honestly believe will be the final bout featured at Vengeance. If that tag match comes before, then yes it opens that up, but otherwise you need to introduce a new heel to their side.

Alberto Del Rio has been in the WWE for less than a year, yes? He's already a two-time WWE Champion. Why does the WWE do this?

I'm curious as to how this match will play out. I'm seeing Del Rio retaining the title, because Cena becoming a 13-time champ will just make me want to beat my girlfriend.

Hmmmmmm, Last Man Standing huh? It seems right up John Cena's alley. Could this mean a 13th WWE Championship win for the IWC's favorite Superstar; possibly so. John Cena seems to defy the odds in most of his Last Man Standing matches. He's beaten some of the biggest, baddest motherfuckers to ever step foot in a WWE ring - Batista, The Great Khali, Umaga and even overcame torture to beat Randy Orton in one of the hardest things I've ever watched in the WWE. The Mexico tour is over and according to many idiots here, that's the only reason Del Rio is WWE Champion. However, Alberto Del Rio will find a way to slip away with the belt. Something will happen to cause Cena to be down for the ten, it won't be an easy task nontheless. Whatever happens, Alberto Del Rio wins.

Hamler's Prediction - Alberto Del Rio will retain the WWE Championship.

I also think Cena is great in Last Man Standing Matches, so this match is one to look forward to. I see some kind of outside interference orchestrated by Johnny Ace
that will screw Cena and put him down for the ten count. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nash come out. After all, he came out at Summerslam and essentially gave Del Rio the belt. This would further set up the big elimination tag at Survivor Series. Regardless, I think it will be a great match.

I think that Del Rio should win this match. The Last Man Standing match is probably Cena's second marquee match behind the "I Quit" match but unlike the "I Quit" match, the LMS is more prone to unclean finishes. Also Cena has lost one of these already, to Edge, and there is no reason why he could not lose another one.

This is how I would book it. Miz and Truth would interfere in the middle part of the match and hit Cena with their finishers. Cena would get up at 9. Then more heels in the conspiracy team will come in and try to attack Cena. The faces will rush to Cena's aid and clean house but Miz and Truth would make a run for it through the crowd. The rest of the heel team will be thrashed by the faces. But since Miz and Truth were not attacked they would come back towards the end of the match and literally hold Cena down for a 10 count for Del Rio to retain. Yes, its a convoluted finish like the Cena/ Batista match but it sets things up nicely for Survivor Series.

Or you could also have a draw with both guys failing to answer the ten count after a brawl between the conspiracy team and the faces. That's a finish that WWE loves to do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back