Jamie Noble Will Save ECW

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
On tonight's ECW, Jamie Noble has said that he is on ECW to "save the show".

I think it could work. I've always been a fan of his, and he's always played a good heel, but it could work if they make him as the likeable underdog.

I'm sure they'll have him get squashed a few times, because no one will believe that he can save ECW. But, after he loses a few useless matches, he'll be able to pull over a big victory against someone there to look for a challenge. Then the crowd will be impressed, and then for a few weeks he can go over a few guys and get the crowd behind him a little more. Then, give him a chance at the title, and have him get squashed. The crowd will boo him mercilessly. Then, at a PPV, he pulls over an epic win to get the title, and the crowd goes nuts! He grabs the mic and says to the crowd, "I see how you are! I win, and win, and win, and you love me! I lose one match, and you all boo me, and tell me to go back to RAW! I win the title, and now you all respect me! I don't need it! I said I was here to save ECW, now ECW will need to be saved from me!".

ECW is in need of a top face, and on the "B" show of the WWE, Noble can definitely be that man.

I also have been a big fan of Noble. He is actually a very good wrestler and can hold his own in the ring. I also think his goofyness and overall charisma helps make him a little more likeable. I also thought if they decided to turn Noble into a true competitor and not a comedy joke that he could be something decent.

And while his size does limit him, it doesn't mean he couldn't be big on ECW. With Hardy gone to Smackdown and Bourne still injured Noble could be a suitable face to feud with Swagger. I think if he worked his way up on ECW the fans could see it as more believable then if he was to all of sudden get a good push on Raw. I think Noble has the skills and if the WWE starts to take him seriously(but still allows his personality shine through)he could at the very least be a solid ECW guy, even if he eventually just get's jobbed to Swagger.

I see Noble as a younger version of Finlay. He's not there to advance his own career. He's there as a trainer. He's a guy that can put on a solid in ring performance on a very consistent basis and is in a place in his career where his job is secure. There's not a thing wrong with that. He might havae a quick run at Swagger to help build him up even more but then he'll fall back into their midcard. Not a thing wrong with that as he could certainly help the people out there. They can't feud with Finlay forever.

I see Noble as a younger version of Finlay. He's not there to advance his own career. He's there as a trainer. He's a guy that can put on a solid in ring performance on a very consistent basis and is in a place in his career where his job is secure. There's not a thing wrong with that. He might havae a quick run at Swagger to help build him up even more but then he'll fall back into their midcard. Not a thing wrong with that as he could certainly help the people out there. They can't feud with Finlay forever.

I know he's only there as a trainer, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to give him a push while he does it. I'm definitely reaching a little, by saying he could be good as champ, but it could work, for him, and his career, to push him to the top, and still be a trainer from the top of the company. He can be the guy that the younger guys have good matches against before they go off to other brands, or he could be the guy that loses to the next big thing.

Evan Bourne and Noble could have a great match, whether it's at the top of the card, or just as a return for Bourne.

Noble's best chance at "saving" ECW, whether it is with a push, or just as a trainer, is if Mark Henry leaves for another show. Noble is too small, and too different, to be able to teach Henry anything, and he's too small to be believable in beating Henry.

I think at this point Henry's time is gone. Not even Kurt Angle could teach him anything now. Noble will make a small splash on the show and that's about it. He's someone with a different style than Finlay and is also nearly 20 years younger. Putting him in the main event of ECW seems a bit more believable than Finlay who is in his 50s. He'll be able to put on good solid matches with everyone on the brand and teach them a thing or two. He's a fresh face that is reliable which is something ECW needs pretty badly.

As I said in the spam section, I really don't think this will do anything for Noble at all. Although I would like to see him be a true threat on ECW. Noble is a really good talent, he's a decent technical guy who is both good in the ring, is entertaining backstage, and gets all the ladies, he's a true triple threat.

Even if he were to just be in the mid-card it's more than what he was doing on RAW. I could see a decent feud with Evan Bourne once Bourne returns. It would probably be as good or better than the match Bourne and Chavo had a few months back. I really don't see a program with Swagger coming for a while if at all. Even though Noble is younger than Finlay, he doesn't have the fan support that Finlay has right now. However since the ECW title kinda reminds me of the ROH title in sense (which Noble has held), I could see him with it for somehow.

Saying Noble will save ECW sounds funny, but it's really a long shot that he'll even hold onto a push.

Noble for Chavo pretty much, which I think is a good deal for ECW as Chavo's been pretty no existent there for a while. I don't know yet if Noble will save ECW, but he certainly won't hurt them. I've always liked Noble and by the very sporadic and often times too short of a push that WWE seems to give him, it means they like him, just aren't sure what to do with him. Right now, ECW is in desperate need of some faces and Noble may fill that gap. He's lucky to get off RAW now before he could be saddled in as a regular jobber on there. Here he'll pick up some wins and maybe win the damn title, Chavo won it, it be no worse to put it on Noble. Seriously thou, I don't expect the world out of Noble and think he'll add only so much to what is a very thin and very light on experience ECW roster. His presence may help the boys more (he is a trainer after all) and he'll definitely give more to the show than Chavo, but we'll have to see the next few weeks before he can conclude if Noble will indeed save ECW.

I think Noble won't "save" ECW, but I think he brings something new to the table. I feel the biggest problem with ECW is that it tends to focus on 4 to 5 wrestlers each month, and that's it. This month it's Swagger, Miz/Morrison and Finlay, with a few rare appearances from Boogyman and the "butchering" fo the tommy dreamer angle. So where does Noble fit in on Tuesday night ECW? I understand there's only so much they can do in a 1 hour timeslot, but they need to have more wrestlers on each show, and less bs, because they honestly don't have time for it. Right now, they should have Swagger fueding with Finlay, Miz and Morrison vs whoever they are fueding with that night, Boogyman fueding with Ortiz, Noble fueding with 1 of the new guys,(burchill or maybe even that DJ Gabrial fellow) and actually SHOW MORE MATCHES, and less of teddy long and tiffany. I think they will be forced to either pair up Noble with someone, or perhaps even have him start/or join a stable, just to get him on TV 5 minutes a week. Now that I'm thinking about it, a Miz/morrison vs Noble angle could make for some funny stuff.

I think it could work. I've always been a fan of his, and he's always played a good heel,

He has never or will ever be a heel. Remember his little feud with Chuck there in 2007-2008? It was pretty good. One you wanted to know what was going to happen. I also like his gimmick of chicks denying him. But him stealing the show, Um no. The most he will do is job to fellow ECW jobbers.

He has never or will ever be a heel.

Jamie Noble has almost always been a heel, except for the feuds with Regal and Palumbo. His first storyline in the WWF/E was with Nidia. Remember that one? The storyline played out where she was blind, and he was using her to his advantage to win matches, and the whole angle ended with him and her having a match. He was a heel throughout the time that the Cruiserweight Title was active.

The way I pitched it anyway, Noble would be the face to go against Swagger until Bourne came back, and then turn heel. Even if he doesn't "save" ECW with his in-ring ability, he will save it with his abilities as a trainer.

so wait, Jamie Noble is on ECW?? fuckin sweet ass. Good spot for him, as he is another good bumper, and could make the young guys look good in their debuts. I think a fairly strong push to start off would benefit everyone, make him look somewhat legit. He will be a lot like finlay, in that he is already a trainer/booker/agent backstage, and will teach the young guys, and be able to further advise who should get pushed easier from interacting with them. An excellent move, and I really like how they are shaping up ECW.

I doubt it that Jamie Noble is going to save ECW. What excactly has this guy done in recent years? train other superstars. And that's going to be his job but now over in ECW. For a trainer he's still young and from what I've seen the guy can wrestle pretty well. I hope they push him so that he has some momentum in ECW to face the champion. And to get the Boogeyman out of the picture. I supose this is a good place for him to start. And ECW needed this as well, since Noble is a face he can replace Matt Hardy's role for the time being and feud a litle with Swagger untill Bourne returns. I think that this was a good move by the WWE. Jamie Noble is a good filler to draw out some time, I hope that we get to see him actualy WIN some matches. But if the WWE decides to make a jobber out of him, this move will be completely irrelevant.

lol XD the day jamie noble saves ecw is the day vince names wwe wcw this guy cant pull his own carrear on his back how is he going to hold down ecw?
i mean i think he was cruiserweight champ once and thats it! he just got of a some what amusing agle of him trying to get a diva (vickie g,layla,michelle mccool) but other than that this guy is a somewhat glorrified jobber the only thing i see for him on ecw is mabey a boogeyman fued and if he plays his cards right mabey a ecw title shot (after a fued with hornswoggle) so he is just more weight for tommy dreamer to pull.

Granted the man won't save any promotion he is on, but he does offer more than guys like Otrtiz, Boogeyman, and Knox etc.. When I think Noble, and ECW the first thing that comes to mind is old school ecw-style wrestling. He was trained by Malenko, a former ECW wrestler. We all know how ECW has lost its meaning long before WWE bought it out. Back when ECW first started epic matches were rampant.

I don't think Benoit/Sabu would have ever been greater draws than Hogan/Rock, but the matches were memorable. Not everything in ECW was a spot fest. People forget how much great wrestling came from ECW. Luch Libre was something that ECW took along, and WCW soon bought those talents away, and we all remember those classic Nitro matches with Rey, Malenko, Y2J, Eddie, La Parka, Juvi, and Pscicosis etc...

I feel that Noble could pull off something of that nature in wrestling. We all know that ECW won't have the same feel as it once had. There is nothing saying that the current ECW can't take on that the taks of delivering great wrestling. There should be more focus on this type direction. ECW should pride itself on great wrestling. Not every match of every week, but just like they used to do. Not everybondy in the old ECW could wrestler marquee matches, but the ones that could often did.

The WWE needs to send talent like Shelton to ECW. He is a great talent, but doesn't accomplish much on the other two shows. ECW would be the perfect fit for him, and his wrestling skills are pioneering. Benjamin has ECW written all over him. I want to also say that R-Truth should also be in ECW. I loved Kofi in ECW. Kendrick should also be in ECW. May I also say that Jeff Hardy has ECW written all over him. Jeff is a great draw, but he sucks on the mic. He isn't good enough for the big time shows, and he would represent ECW perfectly. May I also say that Kenny Dykstra, Jesse, Bourne, Rey, and Manu all belong in ECW as well.

Reactions: NSL
I think this is a very good move by the WWE here. WWE still lists his profile under the Raw roster though, but I hope he permanently moves to ECW. Jamie Noble is very underrated. The guy is entertaining and can put on a good match with basically anyone in the company. Hell, the guy still teaches Shawn Michaels some wrestling moves according to some sources. He's been a cruiserweight jobber for far too long now. The guy can be a decent babyface on ECW, and with the loss of Matt Hardy the show really needs someone who can step up to the plate.

With the right push and gimmick, I think Jamie Noble can be in contention for the ECW Championship, I mean hell, if Chavo Guerrero and Jack Swagger can win the belt then why can't Noble? Jamie Noble won't "save" ECW but it could be a storyline where he actually makes a good impression on Teddy Long. I'm sick of seeing him jobbing to guys like the Boogeyman. He's better than that. Noble can feud with guys like Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, John Morrison and The Miz. Noble seems to be a babyface but with heelish tactics. He's very unique.

So if Noble moves to ECW for good, I think it will be a great thing since it will allow him to teach some of the new rookies, as well as giving himself a much needed push so that he can finally move up the card instead of being a jobber to the mid-carders and a comedy character. Moving him to Raw made no sense in the first place, and it's not like he was doing anything important over there.

I will admit noble has always been a decent wrestler but come on.. save ECW? Hes just going to go in week in and week out (when he gets a chance to actually be on the 1 hour show) by people like the bogyman who I think is one of the worst wrestlers out there..

I will admit ECW needs saving but it wont be noble to do so. Every week you tune into ECW your bound to see at least 1 of the same matches every week.. I'm glad hardy is finally gone so we wont see Hardy vs Henry anymore but now we have to see Finlay every week. Don't get me wrong hes a great wrestler but his gimmick is getting old start a match use shalaylee to score a pin.. He should not have been the one to beat swagger for the first time if anything they should have given it to dreamer during his little push to win the ECW title.

What they need to do is at least try and make the show 2 hours let some of the younger guys their have a chance every week to get a match i'd love to see more of some of them.. Hell if they don't screw up noble coming to ECW and give him a weird.. push of some sorts thats great.. But knowing hes coming out week after week to lose will get old and save nothing :/

Jamie Noble is perfect for ECW, but I feel that creative will just have him job to Mark Henry and such. In my personal opinion i've always liked Jaime, and I hope they really utilize him to his full ability on ECW, however I do not see him "saving" the brand. He is simply not the type of guy who has the look to be a big name even if it is ECW. I can see him maybe being champ for a bit, or just jobbing out. So while I do see him doing something of importance on the brand I really cannot see him "saving" the brand.

No fucking way will Noble save E.C.W., but I definately believe he's going to help them. He's going to be capable of helping to carry a lot of those individuals through matches, and he'll also be capable of helping them learn more. I think this is a great more, considering E.C.W. is the new "training camp" for young stars coming into the company.

Noble won't ever have a meaningful feud, or storyline though. My guess is he'll do what he's done on the other shows. He'll be an on-screen comedy act, and help off the camera to mold the true stars the company wants to push.

Reactions: NSL
I think Noble and ECW are a good fit. I could see good feuds with Boogeyman,Miz/Morrison,and Jack Swagger.Noble is a solid wrestler, he's funny and he is a trainer so he can help the young guys. I could even see him developing a crush on Tiffany and that going somewheer maybe even a Ricky Ortiz feud as useless as I find him.Noble plus ECW good fit.

Well if we looked at developed stars on ECW we have:
-Finlay (top face)
-Henry (top heel)
-Dreamer (heel)

Impressive roster... huh? Miz/Morrison are a tag team and appear on more than just ECW so i didn't include them, but I would rather see Noble as a heel.... He's a small guy and has entertained the hell out of me on Smackdown over the years since about 2003. The entire thing with Nidia, I loved it and was entertained through it all, although she obviously wasn't blind, etc. Teddy Long had a time period squashing him each week on SD against: Khali, Henry, Batista and Undertaker consecutively. And to top it all off he was one of the best in the CW division when it still existed...

He can have a good career on ECW if he's there to be built up, not to be squashed and released in a few months when his contract expires. I think he can get very over as a heel, but I'm not sure if that's the direction they're headed...

I dont get why everyone thinks ECW needs to be "saved"...ECW is exactly what it should be right now, a way to get young guys on TV, season them, and have them work with some of the better ring general vets to learn. Finlay and Noble also happen to be road agents/trainers for the WWE, so by putting both of them on the program they are doing exactly what the show is supposed to accomplish. ECW doesnt need "saving" its doing exactly as it should be, they just added another teacher, in Noble. great move.

Noble will make a very nice talent acquisition for ECW. Noble can always work a solid match, and there's a number of guys for him to do so with. Hopefully, on ECW, he gets built to where he's on, say, Finlay's level, where he can win and lose and never really become a jobber or champion. An occasional challenge to the title, again, similar to Finlay, will build his credibility while he works week to week either putting a guy over or having a strong match. This is also a great way to bring up a new Diva, if they so choose - Noble always works fun programs with women, and FCW has a few girls to take up if they want to expand the roster.

ECW doesn't really need saving, per se - it's a solid show week in and week out, and can occasionally provide a great match, usually when Finlay is involved. With Bourne hopefully coming back soon, ECW is going to have some of the best midcard talents in the WWE, i.e., Bourne, Miz, Morrison, Finlay, Swagger. Noble is a great addition, but he's hardly the savior of a brand that's doing fine on its own. He'll provide more matches, and good ones, but he won't be saving the show - it's doing just fine.

I for one have always liked Jamie Noble but almost all of his pushes have always been to small and non memoribal. im forced too belive that the wwe will do the same again, and give noble a one hit wonder type of thing

Noble could be just the thing to get ECW "proper" Proper as in, making the belt work something. I have always liked Noble and never understood why they jobbed him out, but Moving to ECW should change that. I can see him having some good fueds with the high flyers like evan borne. This would defanetly get me watching ECW again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back