WrestleMania XXIV: 24 Man Battle Royal / ECW Championship

I was pumped to see this match start of Wrestlemania. Give it 15-20 minutes while people settle in for the night. I don't even give a shit who wins, maybe Kane, because I also dont care about ECW. The only reason I could see them making it a dark match is so they dont have to give a PPV bonus to 24 guys. The shitty thing here is that myself, and all my friends who are going to see Mania do it at the movie theatre. How can I even watch this match?

i would be incredibly surprised if kane doesnt win. a heel wont win it so that gets rid of 11 superstars. From the faces, Kane and Dreamer are the only 2 names that stand out to me. And Dreamer won't win because he doesn't want to be a champ.

Anybody else just horribly disappointed histhe choices they made forthis match?
First off I wouldn't doubt if it is matt striker cause V has been off tv for weeks
They also didnt leave the door open for any surprises such as: Hardy, Killings or Harris, what better way to debut in my opinion but to do it on the big stage, none should of one but putting on a good performance would have gotten them set
I actually understand streaming on line previously because they need something to make the DVD and blu ray sell, and for that purpose I kinda understand
Also, anyone think it was weird Kendrick was on the heel team and london wasn't even there so again they get buried, its kinda sad how you have to be minimum 6'3" 240 in order to be a name in the WWE

battle royal which was to be held "at WrestleMania" will be a pre-show match, available for viewing on WWE.com

looks like this match is no longer on the main WM card which is quite disappointing. as norcal said, how are they meant to fill a four hour slot by removing matches. yes, it'll be a nice incentive to buy the dvd, but REALLY...who cares about a battle royal when you already know who wins if you've watched the show. stupid marketing

The only reason I could see them making it a dark match is so they dont have to give a PPV bonus to 24 guys.
Thats it, Mayweather took all their bonuses! Or mabye it was all the other worthless celebrities involved this year, I mean does anyone else remember there being just so many at any other 'mania (except for in the celebrity batle royale which was included in that WM's card)!

Personnally I see this as a great way to keep guys like Duggan, Mark Henry and the Khali off of a PPV but what about the other guys in the match, at least 4/5 of which are more exciting than those with a match on the card.

Think about it, if Kane doesn't win this then we'll have a WM without him. The guy has been shafted enough by WWE without the possibility of this happenin (which leads me to beleive he will win). This brings us to Dreamer, no-one deserves the win more than Dreamer and to recapture he gold at Wm would be the greatest way to show yur respect for this guy.

As a last word in this post im gonna say; If the Khali wins I will kill myself (no joke) :blink:

OK, it definitely sucks that the battle royal isn't on the card. However, the silver lining is...we won't see what many thought would happen. Kane or Dreamer wins and is so beat up that Chavo gets a cheap win with one move. Now the ECW title match will be a true match and it is definitely happeneing on the card.

There are still 9 matches. Most great manias had 9-11 matches which puts this in good company. Plus anybody that thinks BunnyMania will go longer than 3 minutes has never watched a WrestleMania in their life.

OK, it definitely sucks that the battle royal isn't on the card. However, the silver lining is...we won't see what many thought would happen. Kane or Dreamer wins and is so beat up that Chavo gets a cheap win with one move. Now the ECW title match will be a true match and it is definitely happeneing on the card.

True, I didn't think about that. Hopefully we get to see Chavo lose the belt to Kane, as I've been sick of Chavo for years and I think its ridiculous that he was given any title outside of the Cruiserweight or Tag Team championships. I don't even care if Dreamer wins instead of Kane, I just want less of Chavo lol.

This match isn't going to be great, and it's just a way to get people on the card that other wise wouldn't be on the card. I don't mind Battle Royals, it's a good ten minutes of filler. My guess would be Kane wins, and dominates Chavo Guerrero. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a young guy takes the win and the ECW championship. That belt is shit, and th at show is shit, so why not.

This match isn't going to be great, and it's just a way to get people on the card that other wise wouldn't be on the card. I don't mind Battle Royals, it's a good ten minutes of filler. My guess would be Kane wins, and dominates Chavo Guerrero. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a young guy takes the win and the ECW championship. That belt is shit, and th at show is shit, so why not.

I totally agree, even the gimmick battle royal was a great filler. However, WWE went and screwed this up by making this a pre show match on WWE.com. We may as well call this the Heat MVP's Battle Royal now. This was a great way to get guys like Dreamer, Burke, and Kendrick exposed on PPV again, but now its just a joke. It makes no sense to build this up on ECW for three weeks then move it off the card.

This match would have made a solid filler after the HBK Flair match.

I honestly don't see the point in taking it off the main card. If nothing else it adds in a bit of a twist of how much did the battle royal take out of the winner before he faces chavo. Now with this, the live crowd will know, but how many people are going to actually go online and watch the match? If nothing else the entrances could take up some decent time. I don't get the point in moving it whatsoever.

AHHH! what has happened to Big Daddy V!! and i would've loved Santino to be in this match purely for comedic effect unless they give him a promo leading to a rock run in.. he will be at HOF ceremony who knows? hulk did it a few years back to hassan!

This sucks, I for one can't stand watching anything on WWE.com, and what a joke moving this match to the "pre show" seems every year one of the better looking matches liek last years lumberjack or the battle royals of past WM's are always prematch.

And I was really looking forward to the battle royal. Its bad enough they had to go out and try there best to give away all 24 in the match, would of been so perfect to put in Ron Killings, or maybe some other guys we havent seen on WWE tv yet. Kind of make the ECW brand a little better in the process.

lol and whats the deal with 24? I seen where like 20+ guys aint on the show, put 6 of those in the match and make it 30, and god knows theres another 25+ who havent even been on tv yet, lol hell they could of made it a 50 man battle royal if they wanted to (some day some day it'll happen lmao, well least 40, they've done that b4 lol).

If you go to the start of this thread not exactly a lot of people were pumped for this match. Now that is has been put to a pre show match everyone is throwing a fit??

My thought is who cares? Battle Royals are horrible to watch as too much is going on and the only thing that matters is the last 3-4 guys anyway.

This was just a way for the WWE to get a good portion of their roster to wrestle at Wrestlemania.

I'm glad they title match won't immediatly follow this as a title match will give me something to look forward to later in the night.

i'm pretty ready to predicted that the ECW Title will follow the battle royal anyways since it'S been the trend for the last couple of ppv that the ECW championship is the opener. Has for the battle royal itself, i hate that it on WWE.com now because i'm not going to be able to see it since i'm going to see wrestlemania at my local movie theater so i won't be home to see it and anyway even if i was home, there is a good chance the it would have been block anyway since most of the broadcast on WWE.com are block for canadian viewer's.

In a 24 man over the top battle royal filler match, Brian Kendrick, Cody Rhodes, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hardcore Holly, Lance Cade, Snitsky, Trevor Murdoch, Val Venis, Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, Domino, Festus, Jamie Noble, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Mark Henry, Shannon Moore, The Great Khali, Elijah Burke, Kofi Kingston, Matt Striker, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer will all face off to earn an immediate title shot against ECW Champion, Chavo Guerrero.

As I said, this is a filler match designed to get as many of these men on the card as possible. WWE has a distinct lazy tendancy when it comes to throwing matches together and this is no exception. If Sunday Night Heat was still around in it’s old TV format, I would relegate this match there, but instead it will help get all of these guys a Wrestlemaina payday.

Winner-Tommy Dreamer with a job out to a cheap win by Chavo. One of the last ECW originals, and regardless of being buried since coming to WWE, Tommy Dreamer still comes out to great crowd reactions, and I think WWE will tease the fans by letting him win the Battle Royal. Other contenders for the win are Kane, Hardcore Holly, and Lance Cade.

The only people I can see winning it now are kane (perhaps most likely), tommy dreamer (maybe), kofi kingston (very very unlikely) and jamie noble (also very unlikely). But does anyone else think that having noble win would be a good thing. I think it would, because noble is apparently friends with triple h and shawn michaels, noble taught shawn the modified figure four that he does right now. Noble is a good wrestler, popular with some smarks and is a face, so marks can start to like him now. And he is similar in size to chavo, both are former cw champions, so why not? It's a win-win situation. Yes, it seems a bit rediculous and some people who read this might think I'm nuts. But, there are stupider, more rediculous things in pro wrestling right now as it is.

I had a theory that was shot down after finding out who was in the Battle Royal but here it is anyway: The final 5 are mick Foley, Tommy Dreamer, Elijah Burke, Miz, and Colin Delaney. Foley and Dreamer eliminate Miz and Burke and then they eliminate themselves and Colin wins. Chavo mocks him and says that this will be the easiest defense because he has beaten him before in record time. In the match, as Chavo dominates Mikey Whipwreck comes down and assaults Chavo and puts Chavo on a table, and calls for a ladder. Colin does a sicknasty jump and wins to complete the mikey Whipwreck 2.0 angle.

The only two people I can see winning the Battle Royal are Kane and Tommy Dreamer. It looks like they have been pushing Kane as the top face in the match which means he has the momentum and can go in and win the Battle Royal and the Championship. Kane should no doubt win the ECW Championship since the Battle Royal will be on the pre show meaning that the ECW Championship match will be happening later in the night and I can't see them having a DQ ending or having Chavo cheat and win the match in an unfair way. But I could also see Tommy Dreamer winning the Battle Royal and having a rematch with Chavo, only this time it will be for the ECW Championship. And if Dreamer wins the Battle Royal then I can see the ECW Championship match go either way. I think they are teasing and leaning towards a Chavo-Dreamer rivalry so it would make since if Tommy Dreamer won the Battle Royal. But if that happens then I can Chavo retaining his ECW Championship.

Ok so we all know that WWE is WWE. So I'm going to pick a completely random pick as well as a more reasonable one. I could see Snitsky winning it. Reason being... We all know that Vince still likes the guy. He is NOT over at all on Raw, and rarely is even used outside of Heat. Vince could try another route and have him win the battle royal and have him go back to ECW, where I still think he belongs, have CM Punk or Hell, Kofi Kingston chase the belt from him. Other than that Snitsky will remain completley useless in the industry and will remain a jobber.

Otherwise I see Kane winning it. Kane really has done nothing over the past year or two, really since he was forced off of Raw. Kane winning this battle royal could potentially propel him back into at least a semi main event scene. Also Kane winning the battle royal could have both Undertaker and Kane walking out with titles. If I was actually ordering Wrestlemania, I would love to see the show go off the air with the brothers of destruction standing tall in the ring.

After Smackdown, you really have to look at Mark Henry as the favorite with a face turn looking really likely.

Of course, anyone would cheer for Khali being eliminated, but having Chavo attack him from behind pretty much foreshadows Henry vs Chavo for the strap.

EDIT:

If I was actually ordering Wrestlemania, I would love to see the show go off the air with the brothers of destruction standing tall in the ring.

As a Taker fan for about 12 years, I'd love to see this. Unfortunately, there's no way the WWE will make Edge/Taker the main event. The match might even be before Flair/HBK or Show/Mayweather. It just needs to be dark enough outside for Taker's entrance, which is around 9:00ish on the East Coast now.

Don't know if anyone has said this yet. But the Battle Royal is taking place on WWE.com. I'm kinda dissapointed in this. Some of the competitors don't deserve to be on the Mania card. But I wanted to see Jamie Noble, and a couple of other get a nice pay day. I'm sensitive like that.

So I now change my prediction to Chavo vs. Kane, Khali & Henry. I'm predicting a Rumble 1994 style finish.

Welp, im STILL PISSSEEEDD that this has been switched to WWE.com for whatever god forsaken reason. Still holding out hope that Dreamer's tubby ass can pull it off, and get an emotional WM victory. Just so Shelton can beat him for it soon after. I guess Kane is a wise choice by everyone, and WWE will most probably go the lamest easiest way with this, as no one else besides Kane or Dreamer are even semi legit face contenders. Although I think a Jaimie Noble Vs Chavo match could be wildly entertaining, wildly entertaining generally isnt what the WWE likes to give.

Kane, Henry, Khali or to a lesser extent Palumbo should win it. Having Chavo, Punk & Morrison as champ has made it into a mid card title. It was never bigger than the WWE or WHC, but it was cerainly the third most important title when Lashley, Show, RVD & Vince had it.

Having one of those 4 win it would instantly make it appear more credible. Sure the matches would be poor. But people would care about the title, which would be the most important thing.

Chavo wasn't deemed good enough to have the US title last year, so him having the ECW title make the brand look poor.

Chavo wasn't deemed good enough to have the US title last year, so him having the ECW title make the brand look poor.

Exactly my thoughts on why I hate Chavo as the champ. To me, he's never been good enough to be anything outside of a Cruiserweight or Tag Team champion. That's why I'm desperately hoping that Kane wins this and brings some credibility to the title so it will go back to "the third most important". I think Morrison and Punk were legitimate choices, but the problem was their feuds. Morrison only feuded with Punk...that's it. Punk only feuded with Morrison and the Miz, for the most part, which makes it seem like more of a back-and-forth midcard title than something more prestigious. That's also why I'm hoping they don't hotshot the belt to Kofi like some people are wishing for. The guy's talented, but if he won the belt, it would seem like any newbie could just come in and take a "top" title. Dreamer...I'll accept that. He isn't the biggest name, doesn't need the push or anything, but he'd be someone who could transition towards Shelton as the ECW champion rather easily.

The sheer fact that chavo lost in 10 seconds is kinda gay. The fact is this is a title match, Its not supposed to be a squash because think about this. How many guys have lost to chavo in the past few months? Now kane kills chavo, so how does that make the ecw roster look?

Dont get me wrong im proud kanes finally getting a title run but they couldve at least attempted to have a decent match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back