It's time to "Make" the Miz and Morrison

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This thread is about how the Miz and Morrison can be made into a permanent main eventer and a believable champion in the fans eyes.

One thing I often hear these days from wrestling fans is that they don't take the Miz as a credible champion. Even though Ric Flair was a "beatable" champion like the Miz is, he still had some solid, clean victories under his belt that he could lay claim to in order to say he was a deserving champion and I feel the Miz needs the same.

Although Miz is currently the WWE champion I feel he hasn't really been "Made" yet to becoming a permanent, long time main eventer in the fans eyes and in most fans eyes he certainly isn't a credible champion.

I feel the Miz has worked his ass off and deserves to be WWE's next BIG guy and I feel Wrestlemania is the time to do it.

Although it doesn't happen often its OK for the heel to walk away from the biggest show as champion (Past Starrcade's and WM2000 and WM17 come to mind) and sometimes it can really help.

As seen with the likes of Austin and Jericho a superstar can be made into a permanent top player through one big incident (like Austin refusing to tap ot to Bret, or Jericho beating Austin and the Rock in the same night). For myself this is how I think the Miz can be "made" into a permanent top guy in the WWE:

1) At WM, have a MITB match and have Morrison win.
2) At the Main Event at WM (last match) have Miz vs. Cena with the Rock as the special guest referee
3) Have the Rock "screw" Cena out of the title and let the Miz take the victory (which can start off a Cena/Rock feud that could hopefully cultimate in a match)
4) After the match have Miz go on the mic and talk about how he is leaving WM as champ and just do his typical heel promo he does and build heat.
5) Morrison comes down to cash in his MITB title match.
6) After a solid 15-20 minute match the Miz beats Morrison cleanly in the center of the ring and he leaves WM as champion.

By doing this you do 4 things:

1) Make a real Rock/Cena feud that can be a top feud after wrestlemania.
2) You make the Miz into a top player
3) You elevate Morrison making you think he COULD be a top player soon especially if he main events the big show (nobody will care if he loses after a Ladder match earlier in the evening)
4) you set up a real Miz/Morrison feud because Morrison wasn't in top shape and he can lay claim to being the true #1 contender (and through that feud you can make Morrison into a permanent main eventer).

The Miz and Morrison have both been doing great lately and I feel both are the Shawn Michaels of the team and both should be built to a point where they are permanent main eventers. I feel out of all the young guys these 2 (and Del Rio) have stood out the most and deserve to be pushed to the main event picture. I fear at this point if Miz loses the title he will just fall back into the mid card, he just hasn't been made into a credible main eventer, same with Morrison and I feel by doing the actions above it can make both guys into credible main eventers for years to come.

What do you guys think agree/disagree and if you disagree tell me what you would do to make both the Miz and Morrison. All responses welcome.

A few problems. Miz is going up against John Cena at Wrestlemania. That alone makes him a solid main eventer when this is through. Miz is going to be just fine. Also, people WILL care if John Morrison is the first guy to lose his MITB opportunity, and it would make him look incredibly weak to lose to the Miz immediately after Miz just went 1 on 1 with John Cena, ladder match or no ladder match. It would forever bury him and it would prove once and for all that he's the Marty Jennetty of the former tag team. Personally, and I doubt it will go down like this, you'd have Morrison cash in and take the title from Miz and have them fued over it. Everything else in your senario stays the same. But that's just how I would book it.

I don't really see how this makes Morrison credible to even the slightest of degrees, a better option would be for Morrison to cash in before the bell rings and for them to have a Triple Threat match. Let Rock screw Cena if they plan on going next year's WM or this year's SS and then have a mini match between Miz and Morrison where Morrison makes a tiny mistake that costs him the match. *A bit like Shawn Michaels' attempted moonsault vs Undertaker at WM* If this happens all three (/four, if you count Rock) will come out better off, it could start a solid Morrison/Miz fued which could possibly last a year *make it a fued of epic proportions* and a Cena/Rock fued.

If they do what you (OP) suggest it would leave Morrison looking weak, he couldn't even beat a guy who's seen as pathetic by the majority of casual fans, after he had a match vs Cena.

Close....Close....but Morrison can't lose for this to work.

The Difference is that we have 2 World Titles now, unlike WM 16 or 17. So Its almost impossible to have two heels win the 2 World Titles Matches. They almost have to send the fans home happy. The only way they could even begin to let 2 heels win both World title matches is to let Undertaker Close the Show again.

So some of this will depend on Alberto Del Rio's match and who wins MITB. I agree that either Morrison or Christian should win MITB this year. I love Christian and believe he's a deserving champion, but I think the boat has passed him by. So that leaves Morrison, who's had a monster year, left.

Assuming WWE wants to put Del Rio over, a face would then have to win the WWE Championship.

As far as MIZ goes, I think he should pin Cena NO MATTER WHAT. He would then be "made" as you say. But Morrison should then cash in on Miz for the win. That way the fans go home happy with Miz losing and Morrison as Champ. Plus we've all seen Cena win the belt at WM before anyways.

(Now if my far off fantasy world, Christian would win MITB, Miz would pin Cena, and then Christian would cash in on Del Rio, or turn heel and cash in on Edge.)

I see where you are going with this, and it's not a bad idea. The only problem I have would be Morrison cashing in and losing. JoMo is in such a unique spot right now, he's always one good match/feud or one epic set back away from making him or breaking him. And, as was stated, him cashing in and losing would be just crushing for his momentum.

Have JoMo cash in at a later time, maybe, say, with Punk being the one to hold the belt. Give him a small run, have him drop it, then, you have a good Miz/Morrison feud for #1 contender that isn't pushed and has purpose. I think both guys will be much as is said about Orton, "better chasing the belt..."

Although I agree Miz will most likely be just fine if he main events WM and jobs to Cena (which in all likelyhood will happen) the Miz still wont have proven himself as a credible main eventer, the Miz HAS to beat Cena at WM by hook or crook to become a permanent fixture in the main event.

Morrison on the other hand wont look weak because he was the first to lost MITB, wins and losses aren't nearly as important as most think, solid pushes are. If he loses to Miz at WM Morrison will have main evented the #1 event the WWE has and also has the option of going into a top line feud with Morrison for the WWE title. I see Morrison not really getting made at mania but in the main event feud he could have with Miz following it.

I see what everyone is saying and I agree with a lot of whats been said but I feel that Miz just facing Cena at Mania isn't enough to make him a legit main eventer (Booker T wasn't because he fought HHH, even after Benoit's title reign he fell back into the mid card) and I feel he has to leave WM as champ, even if Morrison doesn't cash it in right away, but I still feel it could work. In any event Miz NEEDS to win at Wrestlemania and I also feel Morrison SHOULD be the one taking the MITB briefcase.

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of either The Miz or John Morrison, and don't think that they deserve a main event spot.

That being said, I don't think it would be a good idea to have Morrison to be the first one to fail at cashing in on MitB. I could see an already established star try and fail, but not somebody who isn't a solid main eventer.

I think the problem with your scenario us that it doesn't really make anyone look good. The Miz comes out as being unable to beat a legit main event guy on his own, can only beat a sub-main eventer who is already hurt, while Morrison goes down in history as the guy too dumb to pick a good opportunity to cash in MitB.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, just that it needs some work to maximize the effect. Ideally you want both Miz and Morrison to come out strong in the end. Cena can take a loss without much issue. Hell, if you work in a Cena heel turn into the equation you might have the start of something truly revolutionary.

The Miz, like it or not, is already a legit main eventer. His title reign has been extremely fun, in my opinion, BECAUSE he's a beatable champion. The moment he took the title from Orton was epic as well. It was totally unexpected, and was one of the very few moments that I "marked out" for in recent years.

Morrison is on the verge of "breaking out" as well. The fans are finally behind him and his in-ring work continues to astound. He just needs a better finisher for guys like me to take him more seriously. I hate the starship pain as a finisher. It's terrible. A lot of people talk about Morrison lacking mic skills as well, but I don't see that as a problem. Morrison is a natural heel who's been forced to work as a face. When/if he turns, his mic work will better reflect his character. Morrison, in short, should've been taken in the direction that started when he won the ECW championship. He was coming along nicely after that. His mic work was good when he was tagging with Miz as well. As I said, Morrison is a natural cocky/arrogant heel. When the "higher up's" finally realize this, Morrison will quickly leap into the realm of main event mainstays...

Honestly they need to let The Miz go over Cena. Regardless of if the rock is there or not Cena gains nothing from winning the title at mania let alone another championship. Thing is Edge is looking into retiring soon. So having 2 heels go over and win the titles is not a horrible idea. You could have the entire locker room run all over edge or cena and they would not lose their main event aura. So why not have Del Rio go over and have a long run like JBL did and have the Miz go over blowing his "I'm Awesome!" horn for the next couple months before dropping it. Though Regardless Miz has had a good run thus far.

I fail to see how The Miz hasn't proven himself. He's been booked as being a vulnerable and beatable heel champion like a lot of other great heel champions before him. He's kept interest in the WWE Championship picture very high since becoming champ more than 3 months ago, he's every bit as over as a heel now as he ever was if not more so, he's won several credible victories over a number of game challengers. What's left? For that matter, The Miz already does hold a few wins over John Cena. I grant, however, that his match against Cena at WM could ultimately dispell a lot of the doubts still surrounding him.

The Miz is going to have to pull out a very strong performance against John Cena and really make Cena work for it. The consensus seems to be that Miz will lose to Cena at WM, which I do think will probably happen, but that won't necessarily be a bad thing. You can still come out looking like a superstar even when you're beaten. Look at what Dolph Ziggler's matches against Cena a few months back did for him.

The WWE has painted itself into a corner when it comes to the MITB briefcase. I don't see any way for a wrestler to cash in the MITB contract and lose his match all without looking kind of weak. A big reason why is simply because of the rule in which it can be cashed in at anytime. Much of the time, it's been cashed in using underhanded circumstances. If a guy cashed in the contract in an "honorable", man to man type of way, then it losing after cashing it in might not be that big of a deal.

As far as main event credibility goes, Miz is all over John Morrison. They've wrestled in a number of matches and Miz has walked out with a clean victory in most of them. Morrison is really the one that has a lot to prove at this point in time and him being the first to lose after cashing in an MITB contract would just hurt the guy.

This thread is about how the Miz and Morrison can be made into a permanent main eventer and a believable champion in the fans eyes.

One thing I often hear these days from wrestling fans is that they don't take the Miz as a credible champion. Even though Ric Flair was a "beatable" champion like the Miz is, he still had some solid, clean victories under his belt that he could lay claim to in order to say he was a deserving champion and I feel the Miz needs the same.

Although Miz is currently the WWE champion I feel he hasn't really been "Made" yet to becoming a permanent, long time main eventer in the fans eyes and in most fans eyes he certainly isn't a credible champion.

I feel the Miz has worked his ass off and deserves to be WWE's next BIG guy and I feel Wrestlemania is the time to do it.

Although it doesn't happen often its OK for the heel to walk away from the biggest show as champion (Past Starrcade's and WM2000 and WM17 come to mind) and sometimes it can really help.

As seen with the likes of Austin and Jericho a superstar can be made into a permanent top player through one big incident (like Austin refusing to tap ot to Bret, or Jericho beating Austin and the Rock in the same night). For myself this is how I think the Miz can be "made" into a permanent top guy in the WWE:

1) At WM, have a MITB match and have Morrison win.
2) At the Main Event at WM (last match) have Miz vs. Cena with the Rock as the special guest referee
3) Have the Rock "screw" Cena out of the title and let the Miz take the victory (which can start off a Cena/Rock feud that could hopefully cultimate in a match)
4) After the match have Miz go on the mic and talk about how he is leaving WM as champ and just do his typical heel promo he does and build heat.
5) Morrison comes down to cash in his MITB title match.
6) After a solid 15-20 minute match the Miz beats Morrison cleanly in the center of the ring and he leaves WM as champion.

By doing this you do 4 things:

1) Make a real Rock/Cena feud that can be a top feud after wrestlemania.
2) You make the Miz into a top player
3) You elevate Morrison making you think he COULD be a top player soon especially if he main events the big show (nobody will care if he loses after a Ladder match earlier in the evening)
4) you set up a real Miz/Morrison feud because Morrison wasn't in top shape and he can lay claim to being the true #1 contender (and through that feud you can make Morrison into a permanent main eventer).

The Miz and Morrison have both been doing great lately and I feel both are the Shawn Michaels of the team and both should be built to a point where they are permanent main eventers. I feel out of all the young guys these 2 (and Del Rio) have stood out the most and deserve to be pushed to the main event picture. I fear at this point if Miz loses the title he will just fall back into the mid card, he just hasn't been made into a credible main eventer, same with Morrison and I feel by doing the actions above it can make both guys into credible main eventers for years to come.

What do you guys think agree/disagree and if you disagree tell me what you would do to make both the Miz and Morrison. All responses welcome.

I like the thoughts and it's been touched on here before. Morrison cashing in Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania would be a great idea. I do think you need to modify your scenario a bit though.

I would have Miz-Cena be the final match of the night. Rock should call the match evenly, get in both guys faces and even get under the skin of Cena during the match. Ultimately this match would end with Cena finally getting sick of the Rocks jawing causing him to get in the Rock's face leading to the Miz getting either a cheap roll-up (preferred) or a Skull Crushing Finale for a quick 3. After this Cena gets in Rock's face, shoves him, gets shoved back then picks up Rock and AA's him. As Miz is celebrating his victory, Cena grabs him, AA's him as well and starts to walk down the ramp.

Out comes Morrison, passing Cena on the ramp, with the briefcase and a ref to cash in MITB. All this time Cena's just standing near the end of the ramp looking at the ring. As the bell rings, Morrison hits Miz with a couple of moves and starts lining him up for his running knee when Cena runs back down to the ring and jumps in and AA's Morrison as well. Insta-DQ.

This scenario does several things: keeps Miz champ for another month. It gives us our first fail MITB without Morrison looking weak due to the interference and AA. Also, this allows Cena flexibility to either stay face or turn heel due to how he explains his actions. Sets up a 3-way title match at the next PPV between the 3 contestants. Gets Rock out of the way and allows the current performers to take the main stage.

Thoughts?

I like the thoughts and it's been touched on here before. Morrison cashing in Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania would be a great idea. I do think you need to modify your scenario a bit though.

I would have Miz-Cena be the final match of the night. Rock should call the match evenly, get in both guys faces and even get under the skin of Cena during the match. Ultimately this match would end with Cena finally getting sick of the Rocks jawing causing him to get in the Rock's face leading to the Miz getting either a cheap roll-up (preferred) or a Skull Crushing Finale for a quick 3. After this Cena gets in Rock's face, shoves him, gets shoved back then picks up Rock and AA's him. As Miz is celebrating his victory, Cena grabs him, AA's him as well and starts to walk down the ramp.

Out comes Morrison, passing Cena on the ramp, with the briefcase and a ref to cash in MITB. All this time Cena's just standing near the end of the ramp looking at the ring. As the bell rings, Morrison hits Miz with a couple of moves and starts lining him up for his running knee when Cena runs back down to the ring and jumps in and AA's Morrison as well. Insta-DQ.

This scenario does several things: keeps Miz champ for another month. It gives us our first fail MITB without Morrison looking weak due to the interference and AA. Also, this allows Cena flexibility to either stay face or turn heel due to how he explains his actions. Sets up a 3-way title match at the next PPV between the 3 contestants. Gets Rock out of the way and allows the current performers to take the main stage.

Thoughts?

Not bad but I see 2 flaws with what you are saying.

1) if Cena causes Morrison the title for no reason it turns Cena heel and I think its not a good time to turn him heel, it would be hard to justify screwing Morrison out of the title to keep him face.

2) Now this is just me talking but I feel in order for Morrison to become a permanent main eventer he needs 1 good Main Event caliber feud to show that he belongs there, I feel why guys like Sheamus fell out of grace and guys like Jeff Hardy succeeded is because people believed that Hardy (with his feuds with Orton and HHH) could be in the main event. I feel Sheamus never became a permanent main eventer and that's because he never really got that big feud, a few blowoffs with Cena and Orton but nothing really substantial, plus feud with HHH was only 3-4 weeks so he hasn't really "proven" he belongs in the Main Event picture (at least not in my eyes).

I just don't want Morrison getting pushed to quickly because he's not quite there yet, but I feel a MITB win, 2 strong showings at WM and a 3-4 month main event feud with Miz (who would be established at Mania) would elevate Morrison to that place that he deserves to be a main eventer.

I do like your idea and I can see it working but I don't think its time to turn Cena heel and I feel rushing Morrison into the main event picture would only be a temporary solution not a permanent one.

something like this doesnt happen, the miz cant put on a 15-20 minute match after a match with the face of the company, and it shows morrison would never be good enough to win the title if he cant even beat someone was just in a main event match 5 minutes earlier

something like this doesnt happen, the miz cant put on a 15-20 minute match after a match with the face of the company, and it shows morrison would never be good enough to win the title if he cant even beat someone was just in a main event match 5 minutes earlier

1) If Cena and Orton can go an hour then I'm pretty sure the Miz could as well, he doesn't even have to go 45 minutes for this to work. Not only that LOTS of wrestlers have done such a thing before Flair, Hart, Angle, Bad News Allen just to name a few.

2) Ladder matches take a lot more out of a person than a regular 1 on 1 match therefore it doesn't make him look that weak. Besides if he has a top caliber feud with the Miz afterwards and wins the title then fans look at his WM as his first step towards the main event and forget the loss completely, like with Austin at WM13 he didn't need to win to become a main eventer, he just had to show he belonged there.

So I got a few things, firstly is the Miz vs Cena match at Mania I firmly belive and I'm not the biggest Miz fan, but I believe he will be walking out of Mania with a win over Cena just to give him that huge win that he needs. Either with or with out help from the Rock.

Onto JoMo, I've said this many times on here, I honestly dont like his wrestling style, gimmick, and talking, but what I think doesnt matter. That being said he will be a Heavyweight Champion in the WWE. He is way to over with the fans to not get it done. Now I dont think he will win Money in the Bank, that would be the easy rout and I see him finally getting it done by earning every single bit of it. The only way I see him winning Money in the Bank is if they make him cash in before the match even begins.

So to put everything down, I see Miz winning at Mania. I dont think Morrison wins Money in the Bank, because I see him going the hard rout and earning every bit of his title run. Unless He wins Money in the Bank and would cash in on someone before the match even begins that way he would have to win fare and square.

1) If Cena and Orton can go an hour then I'm pretty sure the Miz could as well, he doesn't even have to go 45 minutes for this to work. Not only that LOTS of wrestlers have done such a thing before Flair, Hart, Angle, Bad News Allen just to name a few.

2) Ladder matches take a lot more out of a person than a regular 1 on 1 match therefore it doesn't make him look that weak. Besides if he has a top caliber feud with the Miz afterwards and wins the title then fans look at his WM as his first step towards the main event and forget the loss completely, like with Austin at WM13 he didn't need to win to become a main eventer, he just had to show he belonged there.

Fans won't forget about Morrison's loss if he DOES lose his MitB cash in simply because he'll go down in history. Just like Santino will forever be remembered as the man who lasted in the Rumble the least amount of time, Stone Cold for winning the most Royal Rumbles, Chris Jericho holding the most Intercontinental titles, and Kane eliminating the most people in the Rumble, Morrison will go down in the record books as the first (And likely only) person to fail their MitB cash in. Unless he goes to TNA. Then they'll half acknowledge it and say that the MitB briefcase has made "So many" people to hold it World Champions. <_<

Now simply isn't Morrison's time. I honestly think he should go to the blue brand and have a feud with ADR (Who I firmly believe will win the title at WM), and even though he (Probably) won't win the title, he'll be ready to go to Raw to Main Event.

Not bad but I see 2 flaws with what you are saying.

1) if Cena causes Morrison the title for no reason it turns Cena heel and I think its not a good time to turn him heel, it would be hard to justify screwing Morrison out of the title to keep him face.

2) Now this is just me talking but I feel in order for Morrison to become a permanent main eventer he needs 1 good Main Event caliber feud to show that he belongs there, I feel why guys like Sheamus fell out of grace and guys like Jeff Hardy succeeded is because people believed that Hardy (with his feuds with Orton and HHH) could be in the main event. I feel Sheamus never became a permanent main eventer and that's because he never really got that big feud, a few blowoffs with Cena and Orton but nothing really substantial, plus feud with HHH was only 3-4 weeks so he hasn't really "proven" he belongs in the Main Event picture (at least not in my eyes).

I just don't want Morrison getting pushed to quickly because he's not quite there yet, but I feel a MITB win, 2 strong showings at WM and a 3-4 month main event feud with Miz (who would be established at Mania) would elevate Morrison to that place that he deserves to be a main eventer.

I do like your idea and I can see it working but I don't think its time to turn Cena heel and I feel rushing Morrison into the main event picture would only be a temporary solution not a permanent one.

I understand what you're saying, but he doesn't need to quite turn heel there if they don't want him to. He'll come out to a few boos on RAW, but they could easily have him ingratiate himself to Morrison by saying he was pissed he lost, which caused him to lose his cool. He could offer his hand in apology to Morrison who would then turn his back on him and walk out of the ring.

At that point the anonymous general manager could announce that due to the unprecedented events at Wrestlemania, there will be a 3-way match for the WWE title at the next PPV.

Miz would then come out and dispute the claim saying he was the first man ever to defend his title twice at Mania and that Cena and Morrison both proved they don't belong in the same ring as him or are deserving a shot at his title. (It doesn't matter if it's true, it'll get huge heat.)

It keeps Cena face for the time being, but creates a ton of tension between the 3 players while making everyone wonder if Cena is going to turn or if Morrison's going to get payback.

Matches are best when they're personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back