• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is WWE trying to Miz and Morrison Tyson Kidd and DH Smith?

JGlass

Unregistered User
Is the attempting to take Tyson Kidd and DH Smith down a similar road that they took with Miz and Morrison? Allow me to explain where I developed this question from.

When most tag teams are violently broken up, the dirty laundry is aired immediately and the feud starts right away and is taken care of fairly quickly. This was the route taken with Cryme Tyme, The Colons, Cade and Murdoch, Kane and Big Show, Hurricane and Rosey, and the list goes on.

However, when the WWE broke up Miz and Morrison, the two had to wait months to have further altercations with each other. The two never even had a real match with each other until Bragging Rights 09, a whole six months after their violent break up. Since then, Miz and Morrison have had sporadic matches where Miz generally bests JoMo, but Morrison has seen his fair share of victories as well. The only real time they have had a feud since their break up was when JoMo was number one contender for Miz's WWE Championship, and even after that match their rivalry hasn't really ended.

The WWE seems to be taking a similar route with Kidd and Smith. Their break up was much more built up to than was Miz and Morrison's, and they have also had two matches since the break up, but the WWE has given us no closure on this relationship.

There are many reasons why I think the WWE is going to try to emulate the Miz and Morrison scenario with Kidd and Smith.

1. It's Working- Of all the major feuds in the WWE, Miz and Morrison have managed to have one of the most interesting ones and it has lasted over a year. Certainly, it didn't get interesting until very recently, but the potential was always there, and people were always guessing when John Morrison would best the Miz or when Miz would screw John Morrison. Both superstars are at the top of their game right now, and I predict that within a few years we'll see these two main eventing one of the major PPVs. If the WWE can match this success with Tyson Kidd and DH Smith they will have two more high payoff main eventers in 2-4 years time.

2. Both Men are Talented in the Ring- Morrison's ring work speaks for itself. Some people complain that he's a big spotty, but nobody can deny that he's extremely enjoyable to watch and seems to be giving 120% every time he's out there. Plenty of fans complain about Miz's in-ring ability as well, but he can sell the hell out of a match and can pull people into it with his viciousness and his emotion. Tyson Kidd and DH Smith are both extremely enjoyable to watch in the ring. Tyson Kidd wrestles with ferocious pace and has a huge arsenal of moves. DH Smith is one of the most solid traditional wrestlers the WWE has right now, and he utilizes some old school favorites to set a good pace for the match and to wow the crowd (I, for one, love his delayed suplex).

3. History- Miz and Morrison were together for two years. While this doesn't seem all that long when compared to other tag teams, this is a huge amount of time for two guys that were seemingly thrown together. The Hart Dynasty was together for under two years, but the Tyson Kidd and DH Smith have a much bigger history than that. The two men were friends since childhood, trained in The Dungeon together, and came up through the system together.

However, there are a few reasons why I think that this may not work.

1. Lack of Singles Success- Before teaming together, Miz and Morrison had success wrestling individually. Morrison has been an Intercontinental Champion, a tag champion, and an ECW champion. While Miz didn't have nearly that much success (he had also been in the WWE for a significantly shorter period of time), he did have some exposure with a winning streak on Smackdown and his Extreme Expose/Chick Magnet gimmick on ECW. Tyson Kidd had some solo success on ECW, but nothing that was worth taking note of. DH Smith, on the other hand, debuted as Tyson Kidd's friend and they quickly formed a tag team. Miz and Morrison's experience in singles competition made their transition back to individual competitors easy, where Tyson Kidd and DH Smith had very little experience to speak of.

2. Lack of Visibility- After splitting up, Miz gained visibility by calling John Cena out for matches knowing that Cena was injured and unable to compete, and by declaring that he beat John Cena multiple times. Morrison gained visibility by feuding with Shelton Benjamin and having a PPV match. On the other hand, Tyson Kidd has recently acquired the services of a body guard, but both of them were squashed on RAW by Mark Henry. DH Smith hasn't had any appearances on either of the main programs since his matches with Kidd, and both of them have worked mainly on Superstars, WWE's lowest rated show.

3. They Already Gave us a Taste- The WWE made us wait a long time for a Miz and Morrison show down, and then after that they made us wait even longer. They already gave us back to back matches with Tyson Kidd and DH Smith. While I'm not saying they've ruined the excitement of a feud between the two, they certainly have killed some of the curiosity.

So what do you think? Is the WWE going to try to use the Miz and Morrison technique on Kidd and Smith? Do you think it will work? Do you want to see these two feud in the future?

Cena wasn't injured when Miz was calling him out. He just didn't care.

No one really cared about the Hart Dynasty. Would barely get a reaction.

And DH Smith really gets no reaction. Same for Kidd. Their matches against each other got crickets.

So I don't think they are going the same route. Just another pointless tag team break up.

Note- Cena WAS injured (do your research)

This entire DH Smith/Tyson Kidd feud is entertaining in the ring but boring as hell outside the ropes. It would be hard for creative to bring any type of excitement back into this story cause they already destroyed it by giving us a new superstar (if you want to call him that) Jackson Andrews, and not booking DH at all. Give it some time for these two to gain some titles and some fans then try to rehash this story.

I have long said the best thing they can do is put DH with Regal as his manager, showing him the "British Way" that the Hart's never did. That way Regal works as the mouthpiece and DH gets away from the Hart connection that drags him down.

I think the fued fizzled mainly because they threw Andrews into the mix and nothing for Harry, put him in with Regal, or with Barratt and you have someone who can easily move up the card.

Kidd is less of a problem, he has some natural annoying vibes but does need someone with him, if he hadn't gone into trouble recently, Jim Nedihart would have been perfect for that Enforcer role...

The way THD has been used since their ill-timed break-up is nowhere close to the Morrison/Miz Break-up. Miz & Morrison both started getting pushes almost immediately after their break-up where as Kidd and Smith(Especially) seem to be after thoughts on the Raw Brand. One thing that I think helped Miz & Morrison is that they were put on separate shows which meant we didn't get the Miz/Morrison "Former Partners" feud right away(which is a GOOD thing) in fact when they finally met 1 on 1 it was at Bragging Rights and by that time Miz was U.S. champion and Morrison was I-C Champion and now Miz is WWE Champion and Morrison is now to the point where I can see him winning MITB either at WM(If they have it) or at the MITB PPV and becoming a World Champion in 2011. I think Miz & Morrison is the first Legitimate case of their being NO Marty Jannetty out of the two and both will end up World champions.

Note- Cena WAS injured (do your research)

This entire DH Smith/Tyson Kidd feud is entertaining in the ring but boring as hell outside the ropes. It would be hard for creative to bring any type of excitement back into this story cause they already destroyed it by giving us a new superstar (if you want to call him that) Jackson Andrews, and not booking DH at all. Give it some time for these two to gain some titles and some fans then try to rehash this story.

Note - Cena WASN'T injured. (Do your research.) He was injured for one Raw, and that was it. Miz called him out constantly while Cena was at the shows.

I digress.

The DH Smith and Tyson Kidd path is most likely going to reach a release for one or both men in 2011. I think they'll keep Smith longer, as he's a pretty big guy. Otherwise, their stint in the WWE has been pretty underwhelming.

Miz & Morrison were around for longer than the Hart Dynasty. They had the Dirt Sheet, which exposed them to internet fans more...Miz had already annoyed millions on the reality tv shows, Morrison had a couple of false starts before the Jim Morrison gimmick stuck. Honestly, I'm not even sure what Kidd & Smith's personalities are...they haven't had much chance to really show them. There was a glimmer from Kidd during the Slammy's, but after pretty much immediately getting squashed by Mark Henry and losing his 'bodyguard'...I think they may have lost any chance of him getting over. Even during the breakup, it seemed like Hart would be the heel, then Kidd, then who knows? They jerked them around too much. I don't think a feud between the two means anything. The best they could do is take them off tv for a bit, then repackage them somehow. I think they both are decent workers, so there should be a spot somewhere, but there is no Miz/Morrison chemistry to work with.

Not trying to be a dick weed and say that this doesnt make sense but well it doesnt make sense. Dude people acctually cared about JoMo and kinda the Miz when they broke up, but no one and I mean no one unless your from Canada gives two shits about DH Smith and maybe one or two people care about Tyson Kidd. So I just dont see where you get that they're planning the same path or would even consider planning the same path. That would ultimatly mean that one would become champion and the other would be right there in the running for it and neither of them will ever be good enough or over enough to be in that situation.

For one thing, WWE never lets them talk. I mean how can they get over if you won't let them speak? Heck, how can they get better on the mic if they never given the opportunity? Barrett didn't become great on the mic by being silent or a mute.

It's unlikely. Both of the two enjoyed success almost immediately after splitting. Kidd has debuted some big guy who got punked by Mark Henry, and DH Smith has been nowhere. No one cared about the team when they were together, and no one cares about them now. Sad, but true. If anything, the WWE is making this into the same thing that happened when the Colons split.

Kidd and DH Smith are nowhere near as over as Miz and Morrison, nor have they ever been. Kidd has jobbed twice clean to Mark Henry, and DH hasn't been on TV much since Hart Dynasty broke up, so I honestly don't see it.

You are all wrong.......the Smithlets(tm) are forming....and when things start in the Hartland(tm)? They stay in the Hartland(tm).

Because you have never been Hartless? (tm)

Watch for the Postcards......follow them on Twitter, follow them on Facebook...things are not as they appear....as for the reaction? Ask your readers about who was walked back through the crowd in the Main Event in Little Rock? Quiet reaction---you have never been Hartless(tm)...

(just so you know the original story line was for Tyson and Jackson to fight with DB; DH would be out for the joint attack; then come back changed-) As for not caring-you have not been to a live event--and as for no personality; sometimes you have to pick the right times to have personality:)

If you want to know what DH does on his days off check out Billy Robinson's Catch as Catch Can-the men who trained Regal. The other week he is Ventura, California with Josh Barnett (the UFC former champ).

He is everything, DB; UT proclaim to be......

knock knock knock...Everything is fine in the Hartland

tyson and dh had a great match on super stars it was good for mid carders i agrree wit this theory but dh need to improve nut i seea bright future for tyson kidd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back