Isn't WWE's Way of "breaking through the Indian market" Stupid?

At first, I was behind WWE's move to put the title on Mahal as a pet project. But thinking things through, they way they did it was really stupid and being in the bussiness longer than I have (me: 0 seconds, them: 40+ years), they should have known that their way is stupid.

Who thought that Indians would suddently follow and Indian asshole, chickenshit heel and tune in, just because he's Indian? That's crazy. Let's compare Jinder to the Great Khali. People followed the Great Khali, because Khali was a spectacle to watch, so he would draw as a heel. Of course he would. But Jinder is a nobody compared to Khali. He's no spectacle. He's just an Indian running his mouth that has two dwarfs carrying his bags and kissing his feet (literally).

So, I ask, why would anybody from India look up to Jinder Mahal and say: "man, that guy is great! and he's from my country, too. that's awesome, I'll tune in to find out what he does next".
The answer? Nobody. Why?

First of all Jinder is a heel. And an uncool one. Which means that noone will follow him.
Second of all, a guy rambling about how his country is the greatest in the world and how they are better than the US, would most likely make anyone from that country tune off the show.
Thirdly, Jinder has no merch. He has no brand. He's by default, unadvertisable.
Also add the fact that Jinder was a jobber beforehand and WWE's move seems like one of the worst bussiness desicions ever in the history of bussiness desicions.

Another question I have is this. Okay WWE, you want India. Then why didn't you build up Jinder Mahal as a foreign sympathetic face? You know, send a message out there for once. A message from 2017 and not from the 60s. Tell the crowd how not all foreigners are bad, some are good and they fight each and everyday to survive in a foreign country. Doing their jobs. Having a family. Chasing the "American Dream".

Wouldn't that be the recipe to make Indian fans to tune in? Wouldn't they want to tune in to see what their underdog hero does? They would. He could be something like an Indian Daniel Bryan. A hero to all the foreign people in the US and a hero to WWE's entire International market. Fighting racism, fighting discrimination at the land of opportunity, Smackdown! It's the perfect story! And he does so honorably. Not by cheating. Then you could have him fight foreign wrestlers that are heels, like Khali or Rusev or Owens.
Mahal would believe that he can succeed without having to resort to the ways of those heels, that he could do it with honor. These heels would believe that the US sucks and blah, blah, but Mahal no, he would fight for his dreams and he would know that every country in the world is equal.

Positive publicity through anti-racist messages? Check.
Indians have a hero to tune in and watch? Check.
Minorities have a hero to tune in and watch that doesn't support hate, but instead is a fighting underdog? Check.
Message for International peace? Check.

How can WWE not see the real money and the real publicity here? Why does Vince still thinks that the international market he so much likes to conquer, want to see the good ol' american hero beat the bad ol' foreigner for the 85867 time? And why in the world would he think that a HEEL like Jinder, could attract a market?

To be honest, I don't know... The only silver lining is Jinder is able to play his part of the role okay enough...

I think if you asked Sinchan, he'd tell you that a pile of fans from India are still on the kayfabe side of things and would rather cheer on Roman Reigns or John Cena. Making Jinder Mahal a heel champion may have looked good on paper since he was already playing the part, plus Vince likes guys who work out so there's Jinder's second thumbs up. I doubt he'd get any kind of reaction from the WWE Universe as a face, he's the only guy Vince had to push to try and get Network Subscribers from India. Shitty face or passable heel, the safe bet is probably passable heel. So slap the belt on him, make national news and hope for the best. Who really knows how many subscribers he got for putting the belt on Heel Jinder? Maybe it worked, maybe that's why he's still the champion. Who knows?

If TNA did ANYTHING right, it was how they approached India. They toured and got themselves a nice TV deal. WWE has not done nearly as much other than insulting their intelligence with Great Khali and Jinder Mahal. It really never moved the needle as much as TNA did.

Its not just about India, jinder was massively over in Toronto... And if they are going after the international market they need to start with Canada...

And while he has an Indian background, he's Canadian.

I agree with the OP. Being an Indian, I was even more sad and disappointed about WWE giving Jinder Mahal of all people to make Indians tune in. Heck, even TNA/GFW handled Sonjay Dutt better while they were touring India. They had a better story and it made a lot much sense as well.

The rocket push from jobber to World Champion was too much for me to digest. Plus, being the least interesting out of 3MB, Jinder Mahal isn't anywhere near credible. He still isn't. Even after 100+ days of being a WWE Champion, more than a legend in Ric Flair.

Khali was a big spectacle for us. Almost every news channel buzzed in praises and publicity when Khali defeated The Undertaker and John Cena. And compared to Khali, Jinder Mahal is a nobody here. Plus, as weird as it sounds, Kayfabe is still ultra strong in India. You aren't getting the heels cheeered. The likes of John Cena & Roman Reigns are the most favorite wrestlers here. Yes, the same two that aren't much liked everywhere else or at least mostly not liked.

When Jinder Mahal won the title, I had read bunch of comments like "You're a cheater, you cheated to win the title". Such comments aren't anywhere near good especially from the Indians itself. Multiple people including me change the channel everytime the so-called Indian Jinder Mahal appears. That explains it all.

I agree that a face would've been better. Or a monster like say Braun Strowman or Khali. But I'm sure that Jinder won't have worked even as a face. He just isn't anywhere near being good enough for the top title.

Second of all, a guy rambling about how his country is the greatest in the world and how they are better than the US, would most likely make anyone from that country tune off the show.
Yes, just as wrestlers and politicians ramble how America is greatest country in the world makes millions of Muricans tune off from them and not cheer at all. #sarcasmintensifies

I get why they are doing it and its good business move. You want money from certain country so you make someone from that country(well Jinder is from Canada but still represents India) prominent Champion. Only thing I dont get is why they are continuing with it because apparently they didnt gain subscribers in India since Jinder is Champion but they lost even the ones they have until then.

LMAO hindsight is your best friend, buddy. It's easy to sit and act like you know it all, and "duh, obviously WWE should've known the way they booked Jinder wouldn't work" on message boards after the fact.

Most smart fans like to hate on Jinder because hes a VKM pet project. Not only are they angry that guys like Styles and KO are being used to elevate the US title (remember when people wouldn't shut up about the midcard titles being meaningless?), but also that they're "taking a back seat so Jinder can flounder as world champion". Thing is though, I dont think hes flopped half as hard as you guys make out he has. The title hasnt been forgotten about, and people are still talking about undeserving Jinders reign as champ. Just like they were about Flair in the 80s.

But to go back to your point, its easy to say WWE should've seen this coming. Because it's already happened (apparently). If you'd posted this as a prediction of what would happen, instead of just rattling off some half baked "concrete, 100% guaranteed to work plan" on how Jinder should've been booked, it might've held some weight. But the "heel" wrestler standing up to America and holding their title in spite of the American fans hating him is way better than the typical scrappy underdog angle, imo.

It all comes down to preference, but fooling yourself into thinking you could guarantee breaking into a foreign market more successfully than a company that have basically owned their industry for the last 20 years is beyond ridiculous. Face Jinder could've easily failed worse than heel Jinder, I guess we'll never know.

I would think that, face or heel, giving a former prelim-jobber a hot shot push because he's Indian would actually insult the intelligence of the fans in India and it's actually quite condescending. Especially since his gimmick is that he is of Indian descent at least Khali was an attraction because he was huge giant.

I know guys like Mysterio and Guerrero were pushed because of the Hispanic audience but these are guys that already have the credibility to get those pushes. When WWE tried with Del Rio it failed because he was no Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero.

I think people are overblowing the "India" thing. Yes, there are 1.3 billion people in India. Wouldn't it have had more sense for WWE to pick one of those 1.3 billion people over a Canadian with a jobber rep if they were that serious about having an "Indian" champion? Yet this is part of Jinder's appeal or his heel shtick that is working with the smarks. Look at the reaction this has gotten. People are commenting on it. That is a good thing. Even unsocial media has written articles. And I'm not saying WWE doesn't want to further crack the India market, they do and they would love for this to help them but they must see that as a huge and unlikely upside. In the meantime though they are getting a reaction out of people and they are getting that reaction in May which is usually a quiet time.

If WWE really do want to capitalize in India on all this they will let Jinder have a strong run only to be confronted by a native Indian who calls him out on his phonyness and ultimately takes the title from him. I don't know who that person is. How is Khali feeling nowadays? Is there anyone getting the secret Stroman training that could come out of nowhere?

This is the kind of story I would be telling if i were really serious about building in India. It is how I would sell more merch and sell more subscriptions. I don't see a heel Jinder being able to do that.

That all said, the important thing to note here is that it is May. May is throw shit at a wall season.

Wow! This guy is like my sixth or seventh favorite poster here and he nailed this four months ago. Jinder is about the smarks. If anything else it is Vince sending a message to the independent contractors to do what they're told, be patient, and stay in the fucking gym.

India is a tough market. They have a strong media foothold with the whole Bollywood thing. They have their own stars and sports. They can't appreciate a Canadian bad guy making their citizens look like assholes. My only confusion is why no one is defending Indians by calling Jinder out on his bullshit. Instead it looks like Jinder is building heat for Nakamura to take him down.

The way the Titles have been handled on Smackdown since the Rumble has been terrible period! And the build up on Mahal was done way to quick as well.

Mahal should've won the US Title and then they could see how he goes as a top level singles wrestler. But to put the World Title on him will lead him to a Jack Swagger type re-entry once he drops the Title.

Slow-build might have been better. And making him a dominant heel not a weak slimy one. Like Rusev and Owens initial pushes.

Imagine a strong US Title reign. Have him win money in the bank next year and a PPV cashin late in the year. That would've been fare better received by the Indian fan base in my opinion.

Most smart fans like to hate on Jinder because hes a VKM pet project. Not only are they angry that guys like Styles and KO are being used to elevate the US title (remember when people wouldn't shut up about the midcard titles being meaningless?), but also that they're "taking a back seat so Jinder can flounder as world champion". Thing is though, I dont think hes flopped half as hard as you guys make out he has. The title hasnt been forgotten about, and people are still talking about undeserving Jinders reign as champ. Just like they were about Flair in the 80s.

I agree that a lot of fans didn't even give him a shot, they just condemned him from the beginning and some wouldn't have changed their minds if he'd flourished as champion. Why? Because, as you pointed out, he was Vince's project and hating on every guy Vince likes is some sad ass means of rebellion in the minds of those fans. Jinder busted his ass in Canada some 8 years before heading to WWE, which to many he's not a real indie guy because he didn't make his rounds in CZW, PWG or ROH so that's another whammy against him.

However, I have to disagree and say that he's flopped pretty hard in my eyes. I genuinely wanted him to succeed and I haven't really said anything about him one way or another until recently; the man's been champion for 4 months, he's like watching paint dry most of the time inside the ring while his promos are brilliant examples of bland repetition. On the mic, he kind of reminds me of Alberto Del Rio as if you've heard one promo out of the guy, you've pretty much heard them all because he comes out and says almost the exact same thing every single time. I think Jinder has tried hard, but I believe he's in a spot he's not cut out for because he's simply not a good enough wrestler. At the very, very most, Jinder Mahal is an average wrestler, on his best day, who happens to have an impressive physique. Maybe he'd be an excellent fitness and nutrition coach in NXT, but he doesn't have what it takes to be WWE Champion; I do like that he's been given time to sink or swim rather than Vince just jerking the title off of him after 2 to 4 weeks, but I think it's time to end the experiment.

LMAO hindsight is your best friend, buddy. It's easy to sit and act like you know it all, and "duh, obviously WWE should've known the way they booked Jinder wouldn't work" on message boards after the fact.

But to go back to your point, its easy to say WWE should've seen this coming. Because it's already happened (apparently). If you'd posted this as a prediction of what would happen, instead of just rattling off some half baked "concrete, 100% guaranteed to work plan" on how Jinder should've been booked, it might've held some weight. But the "heel" wrestler standing up to America and holding their title in spite of the American fans hating him is way better than the typical scrappy underdog angle, imo.

It all comes down to preference, but fooling yourself into thinking you could guarantee breaking into a foreign market more successfully than a company that have basically owned their industry for the last 20 years is beyond ridiculous. Face Jinder could've easily failed worse than heel Jinder, I guess we'll never know.

I'm not pretending to know anything. Vince never turned Cena or Reigns heels, because even though it would make interesting TV, Vince believes that he loses merch and money. Chris Jericho has said that heels shouldn't have merch. It is widely known that heels just don't attract viewers, unless they are cool and show badassness. Jinder is neither cool nor a badass. Even WWE isn't taking him seriously. His biggest victories are over Harper and Mojo. Clean victories. I'm just saying that a face, just like Vince believes, would have better chances to attract a new market and sell stuff there.

If Jinder was JUST a heel, then it might have worked better. But the fact that he's anti-Ameircan, super pro-Indian, typical foreign idiot, just turns everybody off.

I think the thing that bothers me most about Mahal's run is the fact that it reminds me too much of Rollins. Rollins had J&J Security, Kane and assorted Authority members helping him win matches. Jinder has the Singh brothers, who you know will interfere in every match. Don't forget JBL reminded us everytime they did it that it was their job to do so.

Also when Mahal needed help during the Punjabi Prison match, they dusted of the Great Khali and brought him back to life. I thought to myself, "Well there is the Kane of the group." Mahal is a decent although sometimes sloppy wrestler which can take away from the match. But he is a good heel.

I don't know how far the India question comes into it though as Mahal is Canadian. We have members on the board from India, and they have said kayfabe is very strong there. That's why they revere Cena, Reigns and the rest of the good guys. Being of Indian descent wouldn't help Mahal with them as long as he stays a heel. There is also the fact that apparently the Network is very expensive in India and I don't know how many can even afford it.

I think the thing that bothers me most about Mahal's run is the fact that it reminds me too much of Rollins. Rollins had J&J Security, Kane and assorted Authority members helping him win matches. Jinder has the Singh brothers, who you know will interfere in every match. Don't forget JBL reminded us everytime they did it that it was their job to do so.

Also when Mahal needed help during the Punjabi Prison match, they dusted of the Great Khali and brought him back to life. I thought to myself, "Well there is the Kane of the group." Mahal is a decent although sometimes sloppy wrestler which can take away from the match. But he is a good heel.

I don't know how far the India question comes into it though as Mahal is Canadian. We have members on the board from India, and they have said kayfabe is very strong there. That's why they revere Cena, Reigns and the rest of the good guys. Being of Indian descent wouldn't help Mahal with them as long as he stays a heel. There is also the fact that apparently the Network is very expensive in India and I don't know how many can even afford it.
Hey, Navi!

You're right. The network is actually very expensive in India. Going by current rate, it costs 643.1 Rupees for the network for a single month. That's expensive. Too much. In 500 Rupees, I can subscribe to every channel available. Each and Every channel including Ten 1 which airs WWE programming. Raw, Smackdown and Big PPVs air live. NXT comes on Saturday. PPVs other than the big ones air sometimes live or at least 12 hours later. I don't need to buy Network for such a hefty cost.

Surprise surprise, Jinder has failed as WWE Champion. No one ever saw that coming.

Seriously though Jinder is a cowardly heel who cuts the same promo every week and wrestles the same match every week. Who could get behind him?

Have Nakamura win the title, and release Jinder all together. He is awful and legitimately one of the worst wrestlers in WWE.

At first, I was behind WWE's move to put the title on Mahal as a pet project. But thinking things through, they way they did it was really stupid and being in the bussiness longer than I have (me: 0 seconds, them: 40+ years), they should have known that their way is stupid.

Who thought that Indians would suddently follow and Indian asshole, chickenshit heel and tune in, just because he's Indian? That's crazy. Let's compare Jinder to the Great Khali. People followed the Great Khali, because Khali was a spectacle to watch, so he would draw as a heel. Of course he would. But Jinder is a nobody compared to Khali. He's no spectacle. He's just an Indian running his mouth that has two dwarfs carrying his bags and kissing his feet (literally).

So, I ask, why would anybody from India look up to Jinder Mahal and say: "man, that guy is great! and he's from my country, too. that's awesome, I'll tune in to find out what he does next".
The answer? Nobody. Why?

First of all Jinder is a heel. And an uncool one. Which means that noone will follow him.
Thirdly, Jinder has no merch. He has no brand. He's by default, unadvertisable.
Also add the fact that Jinder was a jobber beforehand and WWE's move seems like one of the worst bussiness desicions ever in the history of bussiness desicions.

Another question I have is this. Okay WWE, you want India. Then why didn't you build up Jinder Mahal as a foreign sympathetic face? You know, send a message out there for once. A message from 2017 and not from the 60s. Tell the crowd how not all foreigners are bad, some are good and they fight each and everyday to survive in a foreign country. Doing their jobs. Having a family. Chasing the "American Dream".

Wouldn't that be the recipe to make Indian fans to tune in? Wouldn't they want to tune in to see what their underdog hero does? They would. He could be something like an Indian Daniel Bryan. A hero to all the foreign people in the US and a hero to WWE's entire International market. Fighting racism, fighting discrimination at the land of opportunity, Smackdown! It's the perfect story! And he does so honorably. Not by cheating. Then you could have him fight foreign wrestlers that are heels, like Khali or Rusev or Owens.
Mahal would believe that he can succeed without having to resort to the ways of those heels, that he could do it with honor. These heels would believe that the US sucks and blah, blah, but Mahal no, he would fight for his dreams and he would know that every country in the world is equal.

Positive publicity through anti-racist messages? Check.
Indians have a hero to tune in and watch? Check.
Minorities have a hero to tune in and watch that doesn't support hate, but instead is a fighting underdog? Check.
Message for International peace? Check.

How can WWE not see the real money and the real publicity here? Why does Vince still thinks that the international market he so much likes to conquer, want to see the good ol' american hero beat the bad ol' foreigner for the 85867 time? And why in the world would he think that a HEEL like Jinder, could attract a market?

I completely disagree with everything you said,
Firstly why does he have to fight racism? Who is racist? That makes no sense as he's the world champion, A hero character who fights racism and hate and wants international peace honestly sounds like the worst and most boring gimmick of all time.
Its pro wrestling and meant to be fun your idea sounds more like some loony liberal anti Trump march so glad your not in charge of the WWE.
Insuiting racism when there isn't any is racist in itself as well as devicive and won't come across well to anyone.

The anti US and hero everywhere else character worked well for Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation around 1997, They seemed very popular in the UK and Canada during that period whilst playing heels in the US, So can't see why similar won't work for someone else.
I actually quite like the Jinder Mahal character its new and different and unexpected and a break from the stale predictable routine they usually have.

I completely disagree with everything you said,
Firstly why does he have to fight racism? Who is racist? That makes no sense as he's the world champion, A hero character who fights racism and hate and wants international peace honestly sounds like the worst and most boring gimmick of all time.
Its pro wrestling and meant to be fun your idea sounds more like some loony liberal anti Trump march so glad your not in charge of the WWE.
Insuiting racism when there isn't any is racist in itself as well as devicive and won't come across well to anyone.

The anti US and hero everywhere else character worked well for Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation around 1997, They seemed very popular in the UK and Canada during that period whilst playing heels in the US, So can't see why similar won't work for someone else.
I actually quite like the Jinder Mahal character its new and different and unexpected and a break from the stale predictable routine they usually have.

He had a face reaction the last time they had smackdown at the air Canada centre.

And I could see that being what they are going for... The ethnic majority votes with there money in Canada and I could see Vince with the downturn in the states turning jinder into a Bret hart style face/heel

While this was something that came out of nowhere, i don't think this was a total failure like the OP want us to believe. They wanted to have somebody representing india as WWE champion and sadly, the only guy they had on the roster that was of indian descent was Jinder so they rush his push to the top. But i have to say, while his promo are becoming repetitive, i still found him entertaining as a heel.

From a business standpoint, did this move help them in india, i don't only the WWE knows and they only release their numbers four times a year, so we will have to way and see if that move made sense or not. But while not a best in ring worker or the best at promo, he's still get the job done as a main event heel and the fact that he'S got the bollywood boyz as his sidekicks make the character even more entertaining.

In the end, we all got are opinion about Jinder, i think they wanted somebody that could be a hero to the indian peoples while still be hated in the rest of the world kind like how Kevin owens is a hero in canada but hated everywhere else. Did it worked, who knows but let's see how they handle him after he lost the championship. If the experiement worked then they will still push him near the top of the smackdown card, if it didn't work, he's probably going back to jobber land after this.

On a side note, i think it'S sad to see a section of the fans hates every pet project that Vince Mcmahon has without even giving it a chance. If the dirt sheet would have said that Jinder Mahal was a HHH project, the fans would have giving him a chance to prove himself but because it'S Vince'S project, they shit all over it without giving him a chance. That just sad in my opinion.

While this was something that came out of nowhere, i don't think this was a total failure like the OP want us to believe. They wanted to have somebody representing india as WWE champion and sadly, the only guy they had on the roster that was of indian descent was Jinder so they rush his push to the top. But i have to say, while his promo are becoming repetitive, i still found him entertaining as a heel.

From a business standpoint, did this move help them in india, i don't only the WWE knows and they only release their numbers four times a year, so we will have to way and see if that move made sense or not. But while not a best in ring worker or the best at promo, he's still get the job done as a main event heel and the fact that he'S got the bollywood boyz as his sidekicks make the character even more entertaining.

In the end, we all got are opinion about Jinder, i think they wanted somebody that could be a hero to the indian peoples while still be hated in the rest of the world kind like how Kevin owens is a hero in canada but hated everywhere else. Did it worked, who knows but let's see how they handle him after he lost the championship. If the experiement worked then they will still push him near the top of the smackdown card, if it didn't work, he's probably going back to jobber land after this.

On a side note, i think it'S sad to see a section of the fans hates every pet project that Vince Mcmahon has without even giving it a chance. If the dirt sheet would have said that Jinder Mahal was a HHH project, the fans would have giving him a chance to prove himself but because it'S Vince'S project, they shit all over it without giving him a chance. That just sad in my opinion.

I was all behind Jinder as a champ at first. All behind it. But it's been 4 months now. Should I let it grow more? He does exactly the same things ANYBODY on the roster could do. Rusev could do that. Miz could do that. Even Del Rio could do that. For a guy with Jinder's ability, he should bring more heat on him in order to hide the fact that overall, he's just not that good. But he doesn't. Anybody on the roster could do what Jinder does right now. The only special thing about him is that he's Indian. That's all. That's Jinder's special card and that's what seperates him from everybody else.

Just admit it. The only good thing that came out from Jinder as the WWE champ is that we got Nakamura vs Cena and Nakamura vs Orton on free TV.

I don't have anything against Vince's pet projects. Strowman is Vince's pet project as well. So was Cesaro. Jinder just doesn't work and shouldn't be in the position he's in. Why wasn't Cesaro ever given a chance like that? He's a foreigner, too. Oh wait, Switzerland doesn't draw or maybe Cesaro isn't brown enough to be a foreign heel.

Just admit it. The only good thing that came out from Jinder as the WWE champ is that we got Nakamura vs Cena and Nakamura vs Orton on free TV.

I don't have anything against Vince's pet projects. Strowman is Vince's pet project as well. So was Cesaro. Jinder just doesn't work and shouldn't be in the position he's in. Why wasn't Cesaro ever given a chance like that? He's a foreigner, too. Oh wait, Switzerland doesn't draw or maybe Cesaro isn't brown enough to be a foreign heel.
Exactly.

When Jinder Mahal won the title, some people said that he paid his dues. And such things. However, he didn't. I can't think of a single good performance from Jinder Mahal, be it at mic or in the ring, to justify this too forced push. At least, Cesaro has performed well enough to get a push that would be well deserved!

Exactly.

When Jinder Mahal won the title, some people said that he paid his dues. And such things. However, he didn't. I can't think of a single good performance from Jinder Mahal, be it at mic or in the ring, to justify this too forced push. At least, Cesaro has performed well enough to get a push that would be well deserved!

And that's not even the worse thing that happened. So Cena becomes a 16 time world champ. All that ends with Bray Wyatt winning the championship. People say "Nice! It doesn't matter, at least Bray can have the run he deserves". WWE says "NOPE, it's 14-time world champ Randy Orton!". Oh okay WWE, Orton deserved all that for having Lesnar kill him at Summerslam, now we can see great matches and feuds like Orton vs Owens and Orton vs Styles and Orton vs Corbin for the belt. "NOPE" says WWE. "IT'S JINDER MAHAL".

In my eyes, Cena, Wyatt and Orton got sacrifced for Jinder's run. Orton lost 3 times. THREE. And now we're getting that attrocious Rusev feud. Why couldn't they stick to the plan? Wyatt wins at Mania, Orton wins at the next PPV. Wyatt goes to RAW. Orton faces Rusev, Orton faces Corbin. What's that? Oh it's Orton vs Nakamura for Summerslam! Or maybe it's Orton vs Styles vs Owens and Nakamura vs Cena. Or Orton vs Zayn, or Styles.

The channel changing title reign of Jinder Mahal is a complete and utter failure, the guy is drawing Impact size crowds. The WWE Championship means jack shit sitting around that jobbers waist.

Sad to read all theses negatives comment about jinder, while I think that his character is becoming repetitive, he could say the same thing from prety much everybody that was put in the same position on the roster.

The way he's getting push reminds me of seth rrollins and kevin owens push when they we're wwe and universal champion respectively. He's a typical cowardly heel with sidekick that help them retain and given the situation, he does a pretty good job at it. He took the opportunity and ran with it but I think that the IWC still sees him as the jobber he was and don't want to except him as a main event or even a upper card player.

Somebody brought up bray wyatt getting sacrifice for jinder's push. Let's face it, if they would have put wyatt in jinder's place or even rusev, thhey wouldn't have done better because they would have been booked the same way as Jinder. The problem isn't jinder, it's how they booked they're heel characters. They are stuck in the same cookie cutter roles and it hurts them more then help them in the end.

The fact is jinder is a pretty good heel and he's getting good heel heat even with the lack of crowd which is normal this time of the year anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back