Which Heavyweight Championship run is worse?

Jinder. Just.. Jinder.

With Lesnar I still buy him as a special attraction, and it's exciting whenever he gets to wrestle. I'm just gonna say it, I don't mind it, at all, I'm still enjoying it. What sucks, however, is the feeling of a main champion lacking on RAW. The key to that is booking an extremely strong Intercontinental Title picture. While The Miz is pretty good, the booking part needs work.

Jinder Mahal is just the worst world champion I've seen this decade. Well, this century really, since the Arquette win was in 2000 which was technically still in the 20th Century. But as to why Jinder is so bland as champion he really has nothing to offer, he looks totally out of place, no matter how fancy they try to make him out to be, other people in this thread have described it better than I can. To put the shit topping on this clusterfuck cake, we have great talent losing to him. Shinsuke Nakamura.. it still baffles me. It's like they have Freddie Mercury or Michael Jackson, and they fed him to Yoko Ono. Twice. Just.. fuck.

In the span of a year we went from AJ, Cena, Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, Bliss, Becky all carrying the blue brand with Mauro Ranallo on commentary and Talking Smack to look forward to every week, all the way to the Jinder Mahal era. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Both runs are disastrous in their own way. One is insulting a Market's intelligence. The other should be making investors insanely pissed. Let us start with the, ahem, Maharajah. The only reasons why Jinder has the strap is because A) He is of Indian heritage, and B) he has the physique that VKM and Dunn snap their carrots. The problem is that WWE's booking has been absolutely destructive in the long term. First off, Jinder was a jobber, who did zippo in the Indies as compared to Drew McIntyre. Secondly, the people that lost to him should NEVER have been booked to lose to Jinder. Nakamura? Really? If they ride Jinder to Mania, all it will do is make the WWE Championship all but meaningless.

Lesnar's run is disastrous for another reason: WWE is actually pissing money away with him because of his limited schedule. What they SHOULD do is keep him off TV, and make him do the House shows defending the Universal Strap in the major cities and arenas, as well as the PPVs. They could sell out EVERY arena they go to for House shows if Brock Lesnar defends the belt. If you need to amend the contract, give him 3-5% of the House show gate on top of whatever else he is getting. Is it worth an extra $100K in ticket sales to give Lesnar $15-20K? Still 80K in profit. You could have Lesnar cut a promo on RAW advertising the match in whatever city the match will be in. Watch ticket and merch sales go up. So, why on Earth are they not doing this?

So, it is not an "either or". It is basically the same disastrous album with two sides. Side One is the Insulting of the Intelligence. Side B is Pissing Money Away.

If the world or universal titles felt like a big deal on every shows I wouldn't mind seeing lesnar defend on every shows bt it's been a problem within wwe for a while now and it's even a bigger problem now with the brand split. Title matches don't feel special anymore. With jinder, it feel like we're just repeatinf the same match over and over again. It's not his fault really, he's just stuck on a brand with a lack of main event babyfaces so they have to do the multiple match scenario with him which makes the titles matches feel less special.

That was the problem when kevin owens had the universal title and their others like that lived through over the years. Ithat's why I loves lesnar's title reigns, because thoses titles matches don't feel repetitive and they feel like a big deal. If lesnar would have defended the title on each ppv, he's would have fell into the same trap that every champion before him and get the multiple title defenses with the same guy.

It would be one think if lesnar wouldn't beat his opponents clean everytime, then maybe I would be happy to see a rematch between let's say lesnar and strowman but since he beat him clean, what's the point really. It makes a title rematch pointless and that's kinda why jimder's title reigns is feeling so blah. He went from beating orton three times in the same matter to neating nakamura twice the same way and I'm guessig so that they can kill time he will beat aj styles the same way twice before finding a way to retain at elimination chamber and them lose to cena. That's pretty much the kevin owens scenario from last year and it felt boring then and feel boring now.

In the end, jinder had the worst booking as champion because of the lack or opponent for him. If you want to put a title match on each ppv, then you have to make them feel special each and every time which they don't do with their full time champion so in the end thieir the title just feels like another title on the brand and that's the real problem.

To those say that Brock's run is better because Brock is a legit draw but Jinder isn't.. please, don't confuse drawing ability with good championship material.

Hulk Hogan was a draw in 2002. HHH was the biggest draw from 2002 to 2005. Those reigns sucked though. It's like saying that you would be fine with Cena getting the belt and defending it every time he pops up or you'd be fine with Orton being a face champion. You wouldn't. And Cena would be doing a much better job and deliver much better matches than Lesnar and Orton, boring as he is, he would be there full time.

Well, Brock's matches suck and are boring, and he's not there full time. His win was predictable and his end is predictable. End of story. Not a good reign.

Plus, why are you attributing the anticipation of the Mahal vs Lesnar match to Lesnar alone? Sorry guys. In wrestling, it's the heel who sells the match. The heel builds up heat and when that heat reaches maximum, you bring the face to beat the crap out of them. That's also why Strowman vs Lesnar was a draw. Because Strowman had momentum going in, just like Mahal has momentum and REAL HEAT now.

Say that Mahal sucks all you want, but he's a better champion than Lesnar. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back