Jinder Mahal Got The Moves!

Jericho91

Occasional Pre-Show
My top 10 Jinder Mahal moves are

1. Irish whip (He almost kills the guys)
2. Rear Naked Chokehold (The Classic)
3. The punch (Can never go wrong with this crowd pleaser)
4. The stomps ( Dare I say they are even better than Steve Austins)
5. The Kick (Why do a roundhouse, Insiguri, or paele kick when you got this)?
6. The Don't Hinder this Jinder Rock Bottom Variation (His finisher)
7. The way he sells (B+)
8. The clothesline from India (Nearly takes peoples heads off)
9. The Juice n JINder (His Knees to the face
10. The look of death or what you call the constipated face (Such intensity honestly I almost believe he could take on Brock Lesnar)

Should have been on that Top 10 WWE wrestlers. Sure he needs a little improvement but he's up there with the best yo.

I mean....you could say this about quite a few heels over the years. How many did Triple H have? Running knee lift, face smash into the knee, jumping knee drop, sleeper, sledgehammer shot, spinebuster, pedigree, punch, mounted punching, clothesline, occasional figure 4......is that it?

Same could be said for Orton.

I think the difference is Orton has a cool finisher, HHH had a cool sledgehammer shot. Jinder doesn't have anything like that yet. He should start using a signature weapon.

My top 10 Rock moves are

1. Irish whip (He dramatically falls down doing it most of the time)
2. DDT (The Classic)
3. The big punch (Can never go wrong with this crowd pleaser after a few little punches)
4. Sharpshooter ( Dare I say they are even better than Bret Hart's)
5. The Kick (Why do a roundhouse, Insiguri, or paele kick when Rock can shake his leg)?
6. The Front Slam That Looks Like It Doesn't Hurt Rock Bottom (His finisher)
7. The way he sells Austin's Stunner (B-)
8. The People's Elbow (Nearly takes peoples heads off)
9. The Spinebuster (His Shoulder into the stomach
10. The look of absolute confusion whenever he is in the ring with a wrestler, as if he doesn't know why there would be TWO wrestlers sharing a wrestling ring (Such intensity honestly I almost believe he could take on Roman Reigns)

See, you can do that with any wrestler, even the bigger names. Hell, I'd argue you can moreso with guys like Rock, Austin, and Hogan, who really don't have a massive arsenal in their repertoire. It's not about how many moves a wrestler does. It's what they do with it that makes them stand out. Sure, Mahal has a ways to go, and I agree with that, but poking fun at his moveset is just silly when the biggest names in wrestling didn't need a list of cool looking moves to put their opponents on the mat.

I mean....you could say this about quite a few heels over the years. How many did Triple H have? Running knee lift, face smash into the knee, jumping knee drop, sleeper, sledgehammer shot, spinebuster, pedigree, punch, mounted punching, clothesline, occasional figure 4......is that it?

Same could be said for Orton.

I think the difference is Orton has a cool finisher, HHH had a cool sledgehammer shot. Jinder doesn't have anything like that yet. He should start using a signature weapon.

Totally agreed. Give him a signature weapon and he's set.

The moveset isn't what makes Mahal a shitty champion. The fact that he's more generic and dry than my vanilla colored wallpaper makes him a shitty champion.

The moveset isn't what makes Mahal a shitty champion. The fact that he's more generic and dry than my vanilla colored wallpaper makes him a shitty champion.

Agreed. Muhammad Hassan was what they wish Jinder Mahal is.

Sorry can't say I agree. He is still a long way off main event level, that's for sure. But he is improving at a rate of knots; and keeping him in that spot for a while longer can help set him up as a long term main event talent.

The main problem with Jinder Mahal is that there's nothing special in him to justify his reign as a World Champion. He's a generic wrestler and nothing about him stands out.

Heck, even Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre have something special in them. The latter is easily a World Class talent. I can't even say that about Jinder in midcard.

To be fair, most of the roster now is pretty bland and generic apart from a few minor irrelevant differences.

To be fair, most of the roster now is pretty bland and generic apart from a few minor irrelevant differences.

True, but I also find that a lot of people on the roster have at least one redeeming quality that makes them watchable. Rusev for instance, is naturally funny and adds a unique twist to the foreign heel gimmick. Zayn is charismatic enough to remain relatively over despite doing a whole lot of nothing since his feud with Owens. Owens plays the dirtbag character extremely well. Styles is arguably the best in-ring competitor in the world.

Mahal is just average (if I'm being polite) all around. I've seen his shtick done, and done a hell of a lot better. Shit, Rusev is ten times more interesting than Mahal and has been playing basically the same character for 3 years now. I just think if people can accept Jinder as a legitimate WWE champion, they should never complain about another WWE champion ever.

There's nothing wrong with his moveset. Most of the top wrestlers had limited movesets before (Hogan, Rock, Austin, even Cena until around 2015).

The problem with Jinder is he's extremely boring. It's the same promo every week. "You people boo me because I look different..." Nothing about him stands out.

The main problem with Jinder Mahal is that there's nothing special in him to justify his reign as a World Champion. He's a generic wrestler and nothing about him stands out.

Heck, even Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre have something special in them. The latter is easily a World Class talent. I can't even say that about Jinder in midcard.

I agree, but only to a limited extent, because I think they are improving him. They gave him a new look, a new entrance, some lackeys. I think he needs something else to make him really stand out, but I think he is a million times better now than he was three months ago, and that's a good rate of improvement.

Jinder Mahal is an underachieving wrestler who got his push based on a mix of an antiquated mentality of pushing wrestlers because of their body instead of because of their ability to draw interest and retain it, whether its boo's or cheers from the crowd, and because of a silly marketing scheme that could very well lead to a dry well and a nice old egg on their face for thinking volume of people = high earnings.

There is nothing interesting to him and he's had three main event matches, all of which have been the most (or one of) poorly recieved match on the card, one of which was able to top Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton as worst match of the year.

His promo's have been extremely generic, only highlighted more when a much more charismatic Rusev performs the same character on the same show and the fact that they had to fly in The Great Khali for an underwhlelming (I smell a theme) one-off for what at this point seems like a vein attempt at extra publicity just shows Mahal is proving to be a failure.

P.S. I couldn't give two shits about possible steroid use. There's no steroid to increase interest.

Yeah, this is a flop. He's boring in all areas. The evil foreign heel hasn't been done well since Muhammad Hassan. And they got scared and pulled the plug on that. This is like the generic, bland, safe, dumbed down version of that. And it sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back