IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.07.12

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

Live Discussion for 06/07/12

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

179_6cff81ed2fd5fd02c6bfe5986e55231b_m.jpg

Thursday's LIVE broadcast will feature a huge six-man
main event, just days before Slammiversary:

World Heavyweight Bobby Roode, Daniels and Kazarian
vs. Sting, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on the controversy involving AJ Styles and
TNA President Dixie Carter

Four-way #1 Contender Knockouts Match to determine who
will face Knockouts Champion Gail Kim at Slammiversary.

A contract signing between Bully Ray and
Joseph Park for their match at Slammiversary!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING
broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV

Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday?
Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

[YOUTUBE]5NWu1k9u8pQ[/YOUTUBE]

147_f7abac252ae5ed68121b92ba7a669d87_m.jpg

[YOUTUBE]L3VURTBKDhY[/YOUTUBE]

The road to the June 10th Slammiversary Pay-Per-View event continues!

Man. This is going to be an awesome TNA. Here is just a few predictions:
------
World Heavyweight Bobby Roode, Daniels and Kazarian v. Sting, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. I'm predicting that the win will go to the good guys to make them look strong heading into the event. I'm predicting that Sting will pick up the pin fall on Roode.
------
Dixie Carter is probably going to say something like "It was a long time ago" and it was personal and nothing to do with work. It's going to be a big surprise to find out her excuse. Let's hope it's a good one.
------
A Four-way #1 Contender Knockouts Match to determine who will face Knockouts Champion Gail Kim at Slammiversary is the first match made by Brooke Hogan? That's awesome. I think it will be Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Mickie James and someone else... maybe Angelina Love?
-----
The contract signing is nothing special but there will be a fight there as there has never been a contract signing with out a fight. So.. expect Bully Ray to batter Joseph Park for like 2 minutes or so.
-----
It looks as if they still need to have Devon defend the TV championship... maybe Jeff Hardy will get a rematch? Also somehow they need to fit Robbie E and Robbie T in somewhere... I'm expecting Garrett Bischoff v. Robbie E or something..
-----

If there is one thing I am sick of it is people that think everything has to fit The PPV model to be "correct." I am trying to think off something that is more stale in wrestling than that model and I can't off the top of my head.

If there is one thing I am sick of it is people that think everything has to fit The PPV model to be "correct." I am trying to think off something that is more stale in wrestling than that model and I can't off the top of my head.

Wrestling is about making money. Pay Per Views, if done right, are the easiest way to make money as there is a live gate combined with people paying to see the show on television (ideally, obviously I know PPV's in the Impact Zone don't have a live gate). Knowing that this business is about making money, why don't you enlighten us if this model is "stale" of how wrestling companies should go about making as much money as possible?

Wrestling is about making money. Pay Per Views, if done right, are the easiest way to make money as there is a live gate combined with people paying to see the show on television (ideally, obviously I know PPV's in the Impact Zone don't have a live gate). Knowing that this business is about making money, why don't you enlighten us if this model is "stale" of how wrestling companies should go about making as much money as possible?

When I start getting some money when they do well then I might care. As it stands now the only thing I get from watching wrestling is entertainment so I will judge the product based on that. I understand from their prospective it is more complicated than that but I am content to let them worry about how to make money instead of pretending something silly like I know how to do that better than them.

When I start getting some money when they do well then I might care. As it stands now the only thing I get from watching wrestling is entertainment so I will judge the product based on that. I understand from their prospective it is more complicated than that but I am content to let them worry about how to make money instead of pretending something silly like I know how to do that better than them.

Fair enough, but just understand that you being entertained by a show isn't a concern. The concern is making money and wrestling, like boxing and MMA, makes a large amount of it from Pay Per View. The better the show, the more money they will make. Television should ideally be entertaining and awesome but incomplete. What makes stories complete is what happens at the shows you have to pay for.

All I'm saying is that you threw out a cliched line which is nothing new for you, in an attempt to sound smart. That's well and good, but you tried to challenge the one thing in this business that isn't challenge-able. PPV is the biggest cash cow for a wrestling company. Until that changes, PPV should and will be the focus for smart wrestling companies.

You are aware that TNA make the vast majority of their money from TV right? Hell; as I understand it even the WWE (who draw over ten times more buys for a single PPV than TNA do for all twelve of theirs) are now making more money from TV.

You are aware that TNA make the vast majority of their money from TV right? Hell; as I understand it even the WWE (who draw over ten times more buys for a single PPV than TNA do for all twelve of theirs) are now making more money from TV.

WWE releases their financial statements and what you are saying is far from true. WWE makes far more money from Pay Per Views (combined gate + buys and that's not including merchandise sold at the venue) than they do from PPV and that's been true every quarter of their existence.

I wasn't looking to get into a financial discussion though. All I was doing was calling SD out for being stupid again. He made one of his bold, vague statements attacking people for being "ignorant or naive" in his mind and his statement was lame. I continued our working relationship by pointing this out. It's kind of the way we operate.

Please don't call someone out for "throwing out a cliched line... in an attempt to sound smart" and then go on to spew complete bullshit.

WWE PPV revenue for the last financial quarter released: $15.8 million.
WWE TV revenue for the last financial quarter quater released: $34.0 million.

Next time you want to quote data to make yourself sound worth listening to; try actually reading it first.

You're selling commercials short, especially when 4 million people watch a show

Please don't call someone out for "throwing out a cliched line... in an attempt to sound smart" and then go on to spew complete bullshit.

WWE PPV revenue for the last financial quarter released: $15.8 million.
WWE TV revenue for the last financial quarter quater released: $34.0 million.

Next time you want to quote data to make yourself sound worth listening to; try actually reading it first.

So if that's the case, and I don't remember seeing that but I'm willing to take your word for it, then why bother with PPVs. You are way smarter than SD who said it just to be a prick, but if more money is to be made from TV, why do PPVs? Why not do TV specials if you still want weekend shows? Something isn't adding up to me if TV is so much better.

I will say this though. There are 4 times as many television shows to profit from in a quarter (an average of 4 shows per PPV). Thus, they should be making more than 4 times more than PPV revenue to be considered more profitable right? Let's look at the quarter numbers you just put up: 16 million for PPV and 34 million for TV. There are 3 PPVs per quarter (there were 2 in Q1 I believe as Mania was in Q2 but if I'm wrong correct me) and in that time there are apporximately 24 TV shows. That's 12 times the amount of shows to make just over double the amount of money. Per capita, I'd say PPV makes significantly more money for a company, but what do I know?

EDIT: The 4 times as many shows comment refers to Impact who has 1 show per week. WWE has two so the adjusted number comes later in the paragraph making the ratio even greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back