How hard is it for "old" wrestlers to wrestle in WWE?

HatchetMan84

Pre-Show Stalwart
I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but i have often wondered that now, in the age of all of the concussion protocols, and everything else that has changed in the last few years - how hard is it for an "old" WWE wrestler to be able to get wrestling clearance in WWE?

I am referring to old guys who have had "matches" the last couple of years, mainly Bret Hart, Sgt. Slaughter, Jerry Lawler, Hacksaw, etc...

I recently watched again Jericho vs. Ricky Steamboat, and it got me thinking of what, if anything, Steamboat had to go through in order to get clearance to wrestle those matches.

Is it simply passing a physical? Or is it something specific to WWE?

Jerry Lawler was still capable of wrestling a decent match well into his 50's and early 60's, Vince still performed occasionally well into his 60's, and of course Steamboat might have been the ultimate "old" wrestler who still could wrestle a great match at an advanced age.

Do they have to have special clearance or something? Like i said, i was just thinking about how older guys have made Royal Rumble apperances and what not, and especially there was that report in 2014 that Ultimate Warrior was supposed to be in the Andre the Giant Battle royal, but was nixed for whatever reason at the last minute (obviously the right call as he died the very night after the event).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back