Honkameter.

Or Honky helping Santino keep it against faces?

Why would he help Santino break his record, it's the one thing Honky is known for, not to mention Santino is coming out and saying he's better, surley that would get under Honky's skin and he would want to prove Santino wrong, I just can't see why Honky would want to help the guy who make fun of him break the record that is Honkys biggest accomplishment of is entire career

Weirder things have happened in the WWE. Plus, he might be up for anything to get back on TV, even that means helping Santino.
And even if they have Santino beat Honky's record, that doesn't take away from the fact that people are still gonna look at Honkey as one of the best Intercontinental Champions ever.

These mid-card titles seem to be more like props now anyway. Most of the IC champs from the past few years have scarcely defended them ie. Jeff Hardy, Jericho. I am of the belief that MVP held the US title for so long simply because it looked good with his character. I was more offended by his reign with that mid-card title. He made no real effort to grow or evolve as a wrestler/character. Watching him in the months since he lost it he's still the same old MVP.

Santino will beat the Honkey Tonk Man's record and lose the title the week after he does, keeping his reign in the context of entertainment and comedy. Whoever said it before me was right, that the WWE's title tiering system makes the IC and US almost insignificant.

Loveable losers fill the IC title history books. Who cares if one more gets in.

That's the problem. The title was starting to be what it was supposed to be: the up and comers belt, with Kofi and earlier Jeff Hardy. Now its a joke. No way he holds it longer than three months though. This angle has no staying power.

How exactly is Jeff Hardy still considered an up and comer? How many times had he held the belt before he lost it the most recent time to Jericho? Kofi was the only legitimate "up and comer" to hold the belt recently.

Jericho and Hardy are already established, so how can you say the belt was going back to what it was? Exactly. Santino is better for the belt right now, at least he's giving somewhat of a storyline to it.

I'm referring to Hardy about a year ago. Are you honestly saying that Santino is a better IC champion than Kofi was?

when Jericho won the IC belt he was an up and comer, very simply. He lost it to Jericho because of the wellness programme, which is the only reason Y2J got it.

IC belt's not for up and comers anyways, that's why santino has it.

when Jericho won the IC belt he was an up and comer, very simply. He lost it to Jericho because of the wellness programme, which is the only reason Y2J got it.

IC belt's not for up and comers anyways, that's why santino has it.

Which is what it should be. It hasn't been worth much since guys like Santino won it and it lost any credibility it had.

i don't think it ever has been, people have this image that it's a stepping stone, it was from about 94-98 that was it.

but that's taking away from the real reason of this thread

santino sucks.

Honestly, yes. What does Kofi really bring to the belt? Smiling all the time and doing the same thing CM Punk gets bashed for, kick kick kick kick beat down kick kick.. Then out of no where he hits a gloried spinning heel kick and he wins?

Whether it's for pure comedic value only.. Santino is better for the belt RIGHT now. I just don't think Kofi is ready for it yet.

And the only reason I brought up Jericho is because, the belt was going back to bein' for the up and comers.. Why? Because ONE rookie won the belt? One guy doesn't bring the belt back to what it was.

Honestly, yes. What does Kofi really bring to the belt? Smiling all the time and doing the same thing CM Punk gets bashed for, kick kick kick kick beat down kick kick.. Then out of no where he hits a gloried spinning heel kick and he wins?

Whether it's for pure comedic value only.. Santino is better for the belt RIGHT now. I just don't think Kofi is ready for it yet.

And the only reason I brought up Jericho is because, the belt was going back to bein' for the up and comers.. Why? Because ONE rookie won the belt? One guy doesn't bring the belt back to what it was.

Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying Santino is further along than Kofi? Kofi is good in the ring, he's over, he's athletic, has a unique look, and is going into the upper mid card already. Santino is doing nothing but comedy and having Beth help him beat guys that are hardly ever on tv.

i'd rather see manu with the IC belt than marella

Kofi is over, I'll give you that. But honestly, there is nothing unique about him.
He's just another average, athletic, guy who is getting a push.. What is unique about? Really? The fact that he smiles all the damn time? 'Cause that's what I would be doing 24 hours after losing my belt that I hadn't held for very long.. Smile. Makes perfect sense.

And what is his gimmick? What makes him stand out more than Santino in that department? Nothing.

What makes him stand out? He's Jamacian, has great leaping ability, has unique offense, great music, he's African American which is rare enough in WWE, the hair is different looking enough to set him apart, he has a great physique. To say he's not unique is nothing but blind Santino bias.

Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying Santino is further along than Kofi? Kofi is good in the ring, he's over, he's athletic, has a unique look, and is going into the upper mid card already. Santino is doing nothing but comedy and having Beth help him beat guys that are hardly ever on tv.

Santino is good in the ring too
Santino is over, just look at the fans in the SFAC as an example
Santino is Athletic, he has been doing Judo for years
Santino has a unique look, Kofi is a Carlito rip off, and is unique because he is a black Rastafarian character
Santino is higher than Kofi on Raw IMO

but the SFAC has the same sorta people in it. 5 people on WZ is not over.

we are just a small portion of the wrestling fans. Do you expect people to be all like "I LOVE SANTINO!!!!"? No, he is a fucking heel.

What makes him stand out? He's Jamacian, has great leaping ability, has unique offense, great music, he's African American which is rare enough in WWE, the hair is different looking enough to set him apart, he has a great physique. To say he's not unique is nothing but blind Santino bias.

That is the reason why is unique? Wow.. Ya' know what?

Carlito was once unique.

Case and point.

No but you using SFAC as a thing as him being over is flawed. You've just admitted that, and all the guys I know who watch wrestling HATE Marella.

He's good in the ring? At what, rolling people up?

The problem is his gimmick isn't long term. He's comedy. Once people stop laughing, he's got nothing.

Yes every WWE wrestler is athletic. I don't like Santino. Anthony Carelli is fine.

What's Santino's look? The unibrow?

If Santino is higher on Raw, why is he fighting Snitsky and D'lo, when Kofi is feuding with Orton's stable?

That is the reason why is unique? Wow.. Ya' know what?

Case and point.

Yes, and one day Santino will stop getting cheap laughs and likely be gone. Kofi is already being put in the main event. Everyone is unique at one point or another. Kofi and most other guys have some room to move around. Right now, Santino is one dimensional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back