Honkameter.

Rokitka

Brian Rokitka, Wrestling Fan
Granted, I'm a big Santino fan, but him as champion just isn't good television, in my opinion. It's been a long time since we've seen some good feuds over the "Workhorse" title, and with him holding it, we're not going to get anything close to a "good feud."

But does this Honkameter indicate that we're trapped in this trainwreck of a title reign for close to 64 weeks?

I'm not a big Santino fan however his comedic stylings are sometimes entertaining.However,I hope he doesn't keep the IC title for too much longer.With the emergence of younger talent hopefully soon WWE will start making some decent fueds over the IC title.:twocents::twocents:

Which we will. I see Santino playing out the role he's been designed for, to entertain fans, but to annoy them at the same time. The point of his character, or any heel like him, is that the fans want to see him get beaten. WWE will leave this for a long time yet, build it up until the fans are genuinely sick of him, booing him relentlessly. They know nobody is going to stop watching because of him, plus the fact that he is actually funny, and so they'll build up a face character, possibly Kofi, maybe someone else, in a few months time, who'll finally, after a massive amount of build up, beat him. This allows Santino to keep in focus and gloat about his title reign, and also a new face to get over massively. It would also bring interest back to the IC title. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the fun.

Alright, Ill be the voice of reason here. The Honkameter is obviously super over, in a heelish way. It fits Santino's character to a Tee. Santino does the honkameter, and the fans boo. Hell do it for a while, and then move on. But for him losing the title, I dont see a reason why. He is the best heel, that isnt from Winnipeg, or sporting a broken shoulder on Raw.

I think the Honkameter is a great idea. Think back to the Honky Tonk Man's reign, a reign we hold in legend...most of the time, he won in a cowardly fashion or got disqualified. He was a funny, cowardly heel who kept his belt and won his matches by doing the minimal amount of work. Face it; Santino IS the new Honky Tonk Man. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't hold the belt for nearly as long, if not longer, than the Honky Tonk Man. The only issue is whether interest can be held for a year...and I think that if he keeps screwing over popular faces, it will. I have every hope that Santino has a good, long title reign, nearing the Honky Tonk Man's.

Face it; Santino IS the new Honky Tonk Man.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I can see why people bash on Santino, in a way, but honestly.. Is his reign as the IC Champ that bad? Is he really the worst person on RAW to hold that strap? Would you rather see the belt on Palumbo or Deuce? Really? Or better yet, what about Kofi? Sure, maybe it was too early to have Kofi drop the belt, but you could also say it was probably to early for him to hold the belt, as well.

Plus, what's not to like about the Honkameter? It's comedy gold, period. He'll beat the Honky Tonk Man's record, no problemo. People can hate all the way, there is still plenty of weeks left of it.. Get used to it people.

I still don't understand how you can say anything negative about Santino. Please educate me on why he is a poor talent.

he isn't hence why he got released, I never said he was super over.

How is Hornswoggle super over?
'Nuff said.

And really? Can no one give a legitimate reason for Santino being horrible?
But really.. If people hate him this bad, he must be doing his job.

Because at the end of the day, he's supposed to be a wrestler, not a talker. The Rock, Jericho, Arn Anderson, Foley, and you could go on forever, all of them are great talkers, but they could have good matches too. The promos mean nothing if they aren't backed up by good in ring work.

my point is that you said Honkmeter was super over, it isn't super over. yeah it may be over but it's defo not super over.

I don't like santino, I don't find him funny or entertaining, but that's just a difference of opinions.

'Nuff said.

speaking of super over...you may notice your sig's super over the limit...read the rules!

I can give a reason why he's horrible: He can't wrestle, or at least his character can't. He's a mockery of the IC belt. If this were the HC title, or the European title, he'd be fine.

I still don't understand how you can say anything negative about Santino. Please educate me on why he is a poor talent.
Because he's a terrible in-ring worker?

'Nuff said.

A legitimate reason?

He's a terrible in-ring worker.

His offense lacks believability, his selling is unrealistic and his sole purpose is to serve in a comedy/jobber role. Now, while there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Really, I need to explain this shit again?, ok this time I want you to fucking read the post, so I don't have to go through this with ever again

I think my post from the RAW LD last week puts it best

Santino has had like two good segments in his entire career thus far, one included Stone Cold, the other Jericho, Santino is so terriable he needs to be carried to a comedy segment, the guy flat out sucks, he's a waste of space and should have been released forever ago, people think he's funny cause he has an accent and butchers the English language, he just comes across a complete tool, not funny at all

Do you get it now?, do you understand the words that I have post on the fucking screen in front of your face?!?

His selling is unrealistic? Ha! Because the Rock selling the Stunner was the most believable thing ever.. Let me do a back flip four times for no reason what so ever. Yeah, but Santino is unrealistic, totally.

I can give a reason why he's horrible: He can't wrestle, or at least his character can't. He's a mockery of the IC belt. If this were the HC title, or the European title, he'd be fine.

If his character started locking people into arm bars, would that make sense? The IC title hasn't had importance in a long time. At least its believable that Santino wants the title.

His selling is unrealistic? Ha! Because the Rock selling the Stunner was the most believable thing ever.. Let me do a back flip four times for no reason what so ever. Yeah, but Santino is unrealistic, totally.
Who the fuck said anything about the Rock or the Stunner?

Why don't we talk about Santino?

Yes actually that would make sense. It'd be wrestling.

Kofi was starting to bring a bit of credibility to it. He's young, he's over, he's good in the ring, he's an up and comer. Santino is a guy who gets cheap laughs and then has bad matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back