Helms is coming back, finally.

If R-Truth doesn't take the US title from Benjamin (which I think he most likely will, as Benjamin has already had a lengthly reign and redeemed his career as a viable contender for the World title after stepping his game up on the mic), I see Helms feuding with the likes of MVP, Kendrick and even Benjamin if he's still champ for the US title.

what on fucking EARTH is this shit?? Am I the only one who feels like those little bubble things are immensely unbearable to look at?? Are they trying to get him douchebag Xpac heat like Ricky Ortiz?? I want SO badly for someone to just fucking smash this little idiot the first time out of the curtain. of ALL the things they couldve done with such a talented cruiser, they saddle him with this SHIT. Between this, and Kizarny, I think creative are losing their minds.

The wwe picks gimmicks like this...they spin a guy around six times in a chair, and then have him throw a dart at a map blindfolded. then, they push a monkey wearing a parachute out of a plan over the city the dart landed closest to. the first person whose hand the monkey walks up to and grabs, creates a gimmick.

I am convinced this is how Greg Helms got this new gimmick.

Without the Cruiserweight title I can't see anything for him to do. He was a perfect fit for that title, and it's really all that was good for him. I do think he could go to ECW and feud with Hardy again and Evan Bourne. Evan and Gregory Helms could have an amazing feud, and we already saw that Helms and Hardy can have an amazing feud, so I see him going to ECW and having multiple great feuds.

Does anyone actually care for this guy? I don't, he may be good from a business perspective for the WWE but he has'nt got any talent at all. I did'nt hear much of a outcry when he was injured, whereas when John Cena got injured it seemed like most Cena fans were in mourning. I think that shows the fans care towards Helm's. I think his gimmick isn't all that and when he does return i think he'll need a new gimmick to be more over with the fans.

helms is an unbelieveable talent i never knew he had that much in him,and im so glad hes coming back,and hes got a wicked new tattoo,i hope he gets the u.s title,and it wouldnt surpize me if he became the longest reigning champ with that title too. im just saying:lmao:

I mean Helms could be a good addition to the Smackdown roster, but that isn't saying much as the brand is already stacked with talent. Seriously, does anyone really think Helms will break out as a main eventer when he has to compete with guys like Triple H, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Edge and The Big Show. He just isn't one of them, and I doubt he will ever be. I don't have any problems with Hurricane Helms becoming a solid face mid-carder. Let's face it, guys like MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick has literally nobody to fued with except Kung Fu Naki and R-Truth.

The guy has talent, just not enough of it to make it to the big time. I can see him winning the United States Title next year but his new gimmick seems to be a bit lame. 8 weeks of constant bubble promos are extremely annoying, and that's a bad thing when it's a babyface who's talking. I doubt he will be over when he returns, because the fans have never cared a real lot for him.

The Cruiserweight Title needs to return. Guys like Kung Fu Naki, Brian Kendrick and Hurricane Helms have nothing else to do. I just don't think Helms is ready to be a solid mid-carder challenging for the United States Championship. He could win it one day, but he just isn't ready yet.

Helms looked awful last night against MVP and I am disappointed that he went over MVP. He botched his finisher and he looked out of shape. I have never cared for him and he was never insanely over with the crowd, but we'll see. Like others have stated I would love to see them bring the Cruiserweight title back. They have plenty of Cruiserweights and it would really help advance Helms as well as MANY others. Helms, Kendrick, Funaki, Bourne, DH Smith, Noble and they can throw others in there to make the division interesting like Chavo and Rey.

I don't see anything else for this guy....maybe a US Title Reign, but that division is pretty tough right now especially with Kennedy and Umaga returning shortly.

Well this was ghastly. he came back with stupid ass looking hair, a shitty, fucked up tattoo, and looking tubby and out of shape. Didnt work real well, and botched his finish. What a shame this has become for MVP, first Kung Fu Nakggi, now Helms coming back looking like a pothead who got lost in the arena, and came out through the curtain. Sure he was over for his retunr, but im sure the apathy should return soon enough.

Hopefully this was just ring rust for Helms cause I wasn't impressed with what I saw...I didn't like his hair and he should find a new finisher cause isn't the Shining Wizard like a glorified Enziguri?....I believe MVP is officially done on Smackdown....Send him to ECW so he can be one of the main guys there

How many long haired full bearded superstars do we need in this business. Helms look unnatural, and who made the decision for him to come out in his old hurricane tights, with his gregory helms music. his ring work has diclined, but thts forgivable, then he goes over MVP who just cant chatch a break, but helms really looked bland without direction, lets just hope he can recover.

Smackdown comes on for me at 1230 Saturday ngihts so I literally just saw his match, and I must say he looked pretty good. The mixture of Gregory Helms and the Hurricane works really well for me as it's the blend of his two characters. He had some rust, but if anyone thought he wouldn't have it they're crazy. he's been gone what, 18 months? He looked pretty good, but I'm not crazy about him using the Shining Wizard as his finisher. I've never been a big fan, but he should be able to get a solid mid card push, maybe go to ECW for awhile and have a good feud with Matt or Finlay. I liked what I saw, but wasn't blown away.

Considering the man has been gone for eighteen months, ring rust was expected, even if he had a tryout match or two off camera. The pressure was on upon his return and maybe MVP wasn't the best opponent. I'm not saying he's bad in the ring but from what I've seen of MVP, he only wrestles a good match when there's someone to lead him and bring the best out of him. He just didn't mesh well with Helms, it happens. Jericho and JBL had zero in-ring chemistry against eachother.

I will admit Helms looked a tad bit out of shape. The hair I don't really care about. Why does it matter how long the guy's hair is, anyway? I just hated the ring attire. It took him so long to break away from that Hurricane gimmick that we all know held him back from being considered as a legitimate competitor and prior to his neck injury, he had achieved just that, only to go back to a hybrid character eighteen months later? Seems like two steps forward and one step back. I understand SmackDown is sorely lacking in babyfaces, but in my opinion, Helms worked best as a heel. He even said "WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!?" and posed during the match! Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back