is da cruserwight division shit?

M

mkd_king

:wwf: crusierwight division seems crap 2 me

the reason is gregory helms has been champ 4 a year now
before him the championship us2 be defend almost every week
i feel that superstars lik supercrazy should be moved from thier brand 2 smackdown
if they do this it will improve the divison
and i also want rey mysterio and chavo see them bak in there true divison

but first helms should lose his title

dude i think it should be changed to a hardcore championship belt cause theres bearly any crusier weights anymore and rey and chavo are actually heavyweights

I think that they should fire some useless talent and hire more Cruiserweights to bring the Division back up. I like Helms as champion, but it's generic because he doesn't defend it. I think they should make him fight for his belt by hiring cruiserweights and bringing things back up to WCW standards.

WWE has access to all the talent in the world, but you couldn't teach them to manage a juniors division if you held the McMahons at gunpoint. Shane doesn't like them, so from that end they don't care. Vince always had hard-ons for guys 6'0 and above that are juiced to the gills on steroids typically so the cruiserweights are a moot point with regards to the grand scheme of the WWE. They've had some of the best juniors in years shoot through their ranks and they never really let them do what they're capable of in the ring and just get rid of them without even working to push them like they instead do to the talentless roid-monkey that hold all three of their world belts right now. Besides, they have all the wrong talent spread across shows and working angles they don't need to be involved in. Anytime you see the cw title defended against Matt Hardy, you know they don't give a rat's ass about the belt and just keep it on TV so they can say they have it. If Hardy's a cruiserweight, then I'm He-Man: Master of the friggin' Universe.

On Jan 29, Gregory Helms will have held the cruiserweight for one whole year. While this is an achievement, he has rarely defended the title and a lot of that time was spent feuding with Matt Hardy who is not even cruiserweight.

The division needs to be jump started. Around the time where helms won the title last year, they were putting on some great matches.

The matches at The Royal Rumble and No Way Out lasy year involved six and nine superstars respectively and i they worked really well

Realistically, they still have a fairly impressive division on smackdown:

Helms
London
Kendrick
Chavo
Jimmy Wang Yang
Funaki
Scotty 2 Hotty
The Miz

I'll exclude Rey from that list because I don't think he will be in the mix with the cruiserweights again because he is a true main eventer.

They probably need a big match that involves 4-6 superstars at wrestlemania. It is now time for a new champ. They either need to find someone form the above list or get someone new in.

Out of that list, I would go for the miz. He has seemed to have received a bit of a push in recent history, a run with the cruiserweight title would be good for him. The only problem would be giving the belt to another heel after such a long heel reign

The reason why Mcmahon doesn't care about the cruiserweight divsion is because he has forbidden the high-risk moves. Without those moves vince thinks that the CW division has nothing left to offer. So from that point the CW stop being an interest to vince.

It makes me sick that WWE is wasting what could very well be the most entertaining division in the company. If they still had people like Tajiri, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio in the division he belongs in (to give it a boost), and other that they've wasted over the years, they would be the focal point of SmackDown!. Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and bring this division back to it's former glory. I also don't get Shane not liking the division, when he uses high flying moves when he wrestles.

The Cruiserweight Division is not what it used to be because it doesn't have the popularity it once had. They have access to some fantastic wrestlers who could really showcase the talent that some of these guys have. But they have also had a lot of Cruiserweights that have slipped through their fingers, simply because they were not being used right (if at all.) The only Japanese wrestler (or part Japanese in this case) that they have in the WWE now is Jimmy Wang Yang and he is stuck in a gimmick that is worse than how he is being used. All they do with their Cruiserweights now is make them job to the big, fat older guys who the WWE seem infatuated with.

We have the actual Cruiserweight champion jobbing to everyone else on the roster. The people who should be champion are competing in the also non-competitive SmackDown tag division. The WWE should see the popularity of the X-Division and build their own CW division around that. Guys like Super Crazy, Rey Mysterio, Paul London, Kendrick and possibly Chavo Guerrero need to show what they can do in the Cruiserweight division, rather than just being jobbed out to the bigger guys. You know that they could prove their talent to the WWE, and it is simply not showing because the guys they face are slowing them down. They are grossly underused and it could be easily fixed. When was the last time we saw a CW match with a whole lot of action and high spots? Those matches frequented SmackDown and Velocity 2 years ago, and now the wrestlers and matches have disappeared off the radar.

Everyone on here would like to see it, and if they brought it back into the WWE product, I am sure the marks would latch onto it again as well. I see no point in the CW title, and even less in the so called Cruiserweight Division that the WWE seems to have forgotten about. The WWE needs more wrestlers from Japan and more indy guys who are actually experienced wrestlers to fill their (seemingly defunct) CW Division. We are sick of seeing the same fat guys being brought in, and we all would like to see some up and coming cruiserweights rebuild the division to what it was. Helms is a disgrace to the CW title, and the fact that he feuded with someone that was ineligible for the title while still holding it is pointless. There are so many guys who can carry good CW matches, but are being wasted in the Heavyweight ranks, and the WWE needs to open their eyes to that.

And someone mentioned that Rey Mysterio is too much of a main eventer to be in the CW Division. This is one of the many reasons that the CW Division is crap. They do not have enough popular wrestlers to be in the division, and so its credibility is obviously not going to be good. He has more talent than any other CW on the roster, yet he is not being able to show what he can do when he is put against other guys who can carry a high flying match that he hasn't been able to do for years. Guys like him could really improve the division, and adding main event wrestlers will just make it seem more important.

i think the current cruiserweight division is a joke, they never defend the belt,they dont have a #1 contender for the belt as far as i know, and right now they are pretty much filler.

if these cruiserweights know how too use the outlawed moves like shooting star press and the 450 splash, then they should be allowed too.
lesnar should never have tries a move he hadent used in bloody 3 years, and hes an idiot for trying it, and because of it he got it banned.
london can use both the 450 splash and shooting star press, and hes not allowed too use it.
theres another thing, watch any tag title match on smackdown and the whole time im thining 'this match is SCREAMING roll up pin'.
wwe has so much tallent its unbelievable, so WHY ARENT THEY USING WHAT THEY HAVE???? wrestling is not 6'2, 285lbs of steroids, its well worked technical matches that manages too have high spots, not the good guy is winning for 5 mins, then the heel manager whacks the face with a missed punch, rool up, tights, another win for someone whois going too be fired in 2 years after achieving nothing.
hire some of the luchagdores and bring the division back to the wcw, a trade lottery would be good also, bring the cruiserweights back also in the lottery.
there are an amazing amount of options the wwe have too combate the deterioration of the cruiserweight division, yet they choose to ignore the situation, much like the womans division.
whatever happens, i pray to god some changes are made, and fast

i agree with most of u
but i think da hardcore championship should go on ecw

mmm same, however, i would have the hardcore title on all brands so we could have mystery opponents or backstage spots where there are just massive brawls where the champs runs from the arena and a mob follows, trying too hunt him down.
it would be much needed mindless violence, and can make backstage moments exciting to say the least, the champ gets interviewed backstage........kane comes out of nowhere and smashes the champ in the back of the head with a chair - new champ there.
the hardcore title would put back the hardcore spots i tune in for.
i was happy too see a table the other night on raw. i was like, they have tables these days???

lol helms thinks hes so good for holding the title for a year almost but he had a broken nose for waht 2-3 months (not sure how long) so he didnt defend it and when was the last time we saw a cw championship match.
i think that they should make it to something better like another hardcore championship or start something original like a title that anyone can have and call it like a pound-4-pound title.

I don't think Helms is very happy about holding a belt and not defending it. I'm sure if it were up to him the Cruiserweight Division would be bigger, and he would be defending the title more. He probably sees his long reign as a sham.

^That's kind of what I think. Most people who frequent Smackdown don't remember just how solid of a cruiserweight he was during the end of his WCW tenure when he was still using the Vertebreaker as his finisher. He used to work at about twice the speed and agility of what he does now, but a handful of years languishing in the ass-end of the WWE really did a number on his speed and creativity. This guy needs to be pushed in some matches that just let him go out and work his ass off, as opposed to just walking around with a belt conjoined to his shoulder. Not to mention that the belt has next to no value anymore. It's getting to the point where WWE should just ship the belt back to NJPW and let them use it so it'll actually be more than a prop.

definatly. + they got rid of super crazy who is an awesome cruseweight
Super Crazy is on Raw, but I think he should come back to SmackDown! and feud for the Cruiserweight Title. They have all the cruiserweight talent in the world, but they waste it by either making them jobbers, or putting them on other shows. Now Scotty 2 Hotty is on Raw. They need to bring the Cruiserweights to SmackDown! and bring the division back.

They should've kept Supercrazy & what happened to Jimmy Wang Yang they built his character up so much through promos then he came in & got shitted on but i guess WWE always does that, he shoulda been the CW champ by now. who else is there is The Miz considered a CW?

theres a cw division? lol no i agree they need to hire more cw.

the cruiser weight division has never been shit its vince mcmahins fault for totally underusing them they have great talent and work just as hard as all the other do but they dont get any recognition for their great work because you dont see them do anything

It's official. The division and the belt is beyond dead. I know a great way to get our CW champion over and really validate his worth, as well as the worth of the title! Let's feed him to Batista! Not in a special match. Just one right before the Royal Rumble! We'll even make it a squash! Yes!!!

might as well not have a CW division anymore some CW have moved to RAW or ECW such as super crazy, nunzio(little guido maritato), Shannon Moore, Daivari, stevie richards,and scotty 2 hotty just moved to raw and i dont think rey mysterio will continue to go for the CW title

In my opinion this is the th roster wwe needs for the cruiserweight division to be good again.
1. Gregory Helms
2. Rey Mysterio
3. Chavo Guerrero
4. Paul London
5. Brian Kendrick
6. Jimmy Wang Yang
7. Super Crazy
8. Little Guido
9. Funaki
10. Sean Waltman
11. Vito
They have all of these people on their roster except one. This could make this division good again.

In my opinion this is the th roster wwe needs for the cruiserweight division to be good again.
1. Gregory Helms
2. Rey Mysterio
3. Chavo Guerrero
4. Paul London
5. Brian Kendrick
6. Jimmy Wang Yang
7. Super Crazy
8. Little Guido
9. Funaki
10. Sean Waltman
11. Vito
They have all of these people on their roster except one. This could make this division good again.
I'm not too sure Vito belongs in the CW division, I think he sould be taken from that list and replaced with Jamie Noble whom they have right now, another thing that would really help the CW division is moveing CM Punk to SD!, I've said this over and over again in other threads, CM Punk vs. Helms would be a hell of a match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back