Whats Next for Gregory Helms?

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
At No Way Out everyone saw Gregory Helms lose his Crusieweight Title after a 13 month reign as champion. Now i do see Helms getting a rematch and kinda sticking around in the CW divison for awhile, but i think as JBL says,"Gregory Helms is SmackDowns best kept secret!" will now move on to the mid card picture as in a possible US title shot as i belive him and Benoit could put on some great matches. So what do you all think will Gregory Helms now be moved to the US title picture as he was never the normal CW when he was the CW champion or no?

I think he will and i can see Gregory Helms as US Champion by Judgment Day and by the Great American Bash at the lastest

Me too. I imagine he will recieve a U.S. Title shot eith at W.M. or J.D. I could see him being in the M.I.T.B. although obviously he would'nt win

Helms will probably either go into a mid card feud for the US title, or disappear off the radar completely. A Chavo feud wouldn't work and he seems to have the credentials to go for the US title so I think that he could be going there. It is good to see him drop the worthless belt though because that was long overdue. Maybe with him out, we may see CW's become more prominent, but I doubt it, and the CW's they have are terrible anyway. Helms did nothing special for the CW title and so I think that they will get him out of there and put him into the mid cards because he is a decent heel wrestler. I hope he doesn't disappear because we need to see more of him and he deserves a push.

he should have never lost the super hero gimmick, well he should have but he should have been turned into a super villain, cuz i do find him kinda boring, but he can put on decent matches

if helms does go on to be US champ... benoit better be the next one in line for the HW title

I am glad he dropped the Hurricane gimmick because that was terrible. I do think he should develop a better character though because the one he has now is too bland and needs more charisma. He can be entertaining but he has to have good opponents. I do think that Helms and Benoit could have a great match though, but still like you said, Benoit deserves better.

Right now Helms gimmick is ok but he has Chrisma and if they let him show some of it but keep the heel gimmick up he be good. Helms has it in him it just up to creative if they will let him. Benoit does deserve better but he gets screwed all the time i mean look at No Way Out he wasnt given a match till the last second

He can be charismatic but I just think he needs more of a clear heel gimmick. The reason we don't know about much of his character is because he is rarely given TV time and I think that is a shame because he is a great wrestler. I pray that he doesn't go back to the Hurricane gimmick because it was an insult to him and didn't let him show his wrestling skills. He is not a proper CW so I don't think he should be in that division so I think the US/Mid cards beckon for him.

As for Benoit, I think he is wasting his time in the WWE because they are just letting him rot and not using the talent that they have in him. He deserves to be in the main event a million times more than Batista does, and the fact that he is given very little TV time is a joke to all fans of him. He deserves to be in the main event because he has more wrestling ability in one finger than most do in the WWE. He deserves way more than he is getting and it is disgraceful that he is going nowhere in the WWE like you said, because he belongs in one place and one place only: The main event.

The fact that the fans have stuck with him when the WWE has seemingly been trying to bury him for the past two years just shows that even marks appreciate his ability and for that, his skill should be put ahead of any marketing inabilities he has. If they don't, he will be gone the first chance he gets because he has got to be upset that he is rarely acknowledged on the show and is only put in PPV's in the last second.

I think a decent feud between these two guys (Helms and Benoit) would do wonders for Helms, but again wouldn't help Benoit at all, because he needs a decent feud for the World Title because it is utter crap what they are doing to this hell of a wrestler who is a veteran who deserves much more than is given. I hope he goes to TNA where his vast talent is used because he has earned every shred of respect that he has.

I can see Benoit losing the US Title pre-mania, much like Hardy has lost the IC, and Benoit entering the MITB match. I think they will now use the US title to fast track main eventers on SD!, by giving the mid carders more credibility. MVP will more than likely take the gold off Benoit, but i can also see Matt and Helms taking the gold in the next 6 months.
Helms is a good worker, and has a great look which The wwe recognise,and recent promos/interviews have seem him talk about going after the US title soon, so i think thats where the heading.

What's next for Helms, the U.S. title or M.I.T.B. If you remember Helms in WCW then you know that he has lots of charisma and he'll give you a good match in the ring. The last I checked that what U needed in the wrestling business to be a world champion. I believe that if U push Gregory Helms for the U.S. Title, that means U have to push Chris Benoit for World Title because he deserves it. Nobody wants to see Batista in the main event at Wrestlemania. A Chris Benoit vs Undertaker World Title match would be good if not better than the Kurt Angle vs Undertaker classic at No Way Out last year!!!:raven:

I think that helms would be great for the us title give it more credibility and make it more a wrestlers title, but the same i feel benoit needs to be in a main event fued and giving him the us title was probaly the wwes way of saying yeah maybe later. or not gonna happen, but for real i dont think helms willl get the shot or the title i think they are gonna screw his career up, the problem is men like batista vince creams himself over, i probably will see taker losing this battle or if he gets the title i see batista taking it back coz they want to revolve smackdown around him just like what they are doing with raw cena and ecw bobby lashley all guys who got pushed to quickly but i do feel cena has grown with the world title so i do think he is starting to shine with it

i think benoit should of dropped the US TITLE to chavo and helms should of dropped the CW title to JIMMY WANG YANG..let the CW's do their thing and set up a US title match between helms chavo and MATT HARDY...LET BENOIT COMPETE FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE..THATS MY OPINION

Helms has tons of potential for a CW like Rey Mysterio so it would be good to see him challenge for the U.S. title but honestly, i see him being buried in ECW b/c thats what happens to superstars when Creative has no ideas for them. I can hear them now: Writer #1 "So, what are we going to do with Gregory Helms?" Writer#2 "How about he and Benoit have a feud for the U.S. title?" Writer #1 "LOLOLOL!!! Thats a good one, but seriously lets just ship him to ECW." Writer #2 "LOL that was the best joke i came up with since saying CM Punk is the future of this business LOL!"

It's pretty obvious that Helms is heading for the US Title. There's no denying his ability and potential. He's going to be leading the new wave of main eventers in the years to come, and I can't wait to see it.

I'd like to see Helms go back to playing the underdog Face role, Benoit losing the title to MVP could make this happen.

Helms vs MVP for the US Title somewhere down the line seems possible, I'd like to see Helms as Face and MVP as Heel.

This leave Benoit able to challenge for the Heavyweight Title, I'd hate to see him go to Raw again as he's one of the few holding Smackdown up.

Hopefully they bump him up to U.S. title status. I like him as a heel, and I like his gimmick, because its not too gimmicky. He's just a bad-ass talented guy. He deserves to move up. Or go to TNA and school the X-Division

I think a Gregory Helms vs. Rey Mysterio is definitely in store, especially if Rey can get back on his feet before Wrestlemania, but I doubt that. If it happens Rey will put him over, so that Helms can have the same status, and underdog main-eventer/mid-carder. I love Helms so it works for me :).

i hope they push Helms tward the us title... but im not expecting much because the wwe always finds a way to take a huge shit on a good thing. I wish the wwe would start pushing the us belt the way wcw used to push it... when WCW had the us belt it was pushed and book way higher than a mid card belt... it wasnt odd to see a sting or a ric flair in a feud for the US belt... WWE is on the right track right now with Beniot with it but they should push it more.

i say they build helms vs benoit for Wrestlemania

Helms vs benoit would e a dream match, I never thought when Healms was doign that Hurricane gimmick that he would ever come this far, but he is absoloutaly class in the ring, and 2bh i never saw this before he joined smackdown. The WWE are onto a great thing here and the push has been excellent, not too much too fast. And they should continue this trend, but the US title/ or a tag team would seem to be the next logical step for him. By the end of this year if they play it right he could be pushing for a main event spot! :D

Gregory helms has really awoken his talents since becoming CWC at the RR 06 he has become quite entertaining and does deserve to be US champion more then anyone on the SD roster (if not him the Chavo)

I could see him entering the U.S. title picture but also could see him as the next KOTR, hopefully he doesn't get lost in the shuffle and forgotten about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back