Heat On Eva Marie Already?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This past Monday on Raw, we saw the televised wrestling debut of Eva Marie. She was part of a six Diva tag team match in which she teamed with fellow Total Diva cast members Natalya & Jo Jo to take on Alicia Fox, Aksana and Rosa Mendes. Eva Marie's performance on Raw stunk up the place and drew tons of negative criticism, rightly so I might add. According to a claim made by Dave Meltzer on his radio program, however, it's exactly the sort of response that WWE was hoping for.

According to Meltzer, WWE officials set up Eva Marie to fail on national television before millions of viewers as a means of teaching her a lesson and knocking her down a few pegs. Allegedly, Eva Marie has been displaying a massively undeserved ego backstage and hasn't realized just how much hard work she has before her and how much she still has to learn. As a result, WWE officials are hoping that having her flounder on national television will make her a bit more humble.

The report cites an earlier report from a few months ago, one I hadn't read about, in which Eva Marie was said to be hated passionately by some of her co workers. Who these people are wasn't revealed but, apparently, she's also being pranked. Back in the spring during a WWE show, a prank was played on her in a segment that wound up being taped for one of the first episodes of Total Divas. In the prank, she was led to believe by some personnel in the company that she'd committed some sort of wrongful act that had pissed off Stephanie McMahon. On the episode, the meeting was depicted as a confrontation due to Eva Marie lying about her background so she could audition to be Fandango's dance partner. This is said to be a fabricated storyline. During the blurred reality segment, Stephanie threatened to fire her if she did anything to embarrass the company again with her conduct. Eva Marie is said to have legitimately cried during the meeting, THAT footage also made it onto the air during the episode. She wasn't aware that the whole meeting was orchestrated and that Stephanie was screwing around with her by using her character persona.

So Eva Marie already has a huge ego backstage and she was put out there to fall flat on her face by WWE management this past Monday. If that's legit, then, in all honesty, WWE itself has to bear some of the blame for it in my opinion. Are WWE officials honestly surprised that something like this has come about? Eva Marie hasn't paid any dues in pro wrestling, yet she's been given a level of exposure that most other Divas haven't experienced in pro wrestling. Because of Total Divas, frankly, Eva Marie has become a far more relevant personality than the vast majority of women to have ever wrestled on the WWE roster.

Of course there's going to be someone whose ego gets out of control. Of course there's going to be someone who starts to view themselves as a star even if they haven't done a damn thing to earn it. But hey, that's a fine example of the major problem with reality television. Most of the time, these people don't have any genuine talent and, sometimes as a result, their egos get out of control. As of right now, Eva Marie is nothing more than a reality television star playing at being a wrestler. How many times have you heard stories of reality stars developing the idea that they're someone with real talent just because people watch their "reality shows" regularly? If the girl has a sense of entitlement, then maybe WWE needs to re-cast Total Divas with women who actually are experienced in wrestling and send the rookies down to NXT so they can actually LEARN HOW TO WRESTLE before being brought to the main roster like. You know, how it's supposed to be. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is one of the things that drives me crazy about the entertainment industry today. I saw a story the other day about how Kim Kardashian is campaigning to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because of how successful her reality shows have been. Thankfully, the people that run the Walk of Fame have said no because simply having a camera follow you around on vacation after vacation isn't enough to earn you a spot on a list that includes names like Lucille Ball, Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Spencer Tracy or Marilyn Monroe or about a thousand other people who have earned recognition like this. Yes Kim Kardashian is on a popular show and is associated with the entertainment world but it doesn't mean she has any form of talent whatsoever.

The same thing is true here. Eva Marie is on a somewhat popular "reality" show about professional wrestling and is instantly getting more attention than several girls who have worked very, very hard to get where they are today. She has next to no in ring skill and is out there because she has a pretty face, a curvy figure and is willing to let a camera follow her around. Yeah people watch her on a reality show, but once that show is gone she'll have nowhere to go on her own merits in entertainment. She'll be the girl that used to be on the WWE reality show and that's about it. Unfortunately in today's world that makes you a "star" while far more talented and deserving people are left to toil beneath them for far less fame and success, but at least they have a clue what they're doing and don't embarrass themselves.

Did I mention I don't like reality TV most of the time?

Well tbh she looks like someone who would have a big ass ego.But as JR said, I'd rather they have these "newbies" just come one the show and promote the total divas WHILE they prepare for emma and paige to come on the roster with a story behind and stuff not just appear out of thin air.

I know its sickening to watch WWE and see the real women who work their ass off get no opportunities while some reality tv pretty faces get exposure.But we have to be patient, better things should be coming in the next ~year if we are lucky.

And about Eva Marie's future.Isnt she destined to fail?I mean huge ego, no skills whatsoever and she's what almost 30?I mean most women on the roster are far younger and are better as a wrestler ( although that's not saying much ).Isnt almost 30 a little late for a woman to be getting into professional wrestling. I mean hell it would be pretty late for a guy too since ure supposed to know your shit by then and be able to perform on the main roster.

I just see her as a reality tv pretty face who will fade into obscurity when the show ends or when she isnt on the show anymore.Whenver they have these awful tag matches I just skip thourgh it entirely, mb I just watch the finish for lolz but that's it.

Btw what ever happened to the AJ Natalya feud?"She's a title holder, I was born a champion"? Pretty good line for a feud.Then Brie gets the opportunity cause u know...she's sleeping with someone.( nothing agaisnt MA BOY D-BRY but just sayin ).

If the girl has a sense of entitlement, then maybe WWE needs to re-cast Total Divas with women who actually are experienced in wrestling and send the rookies down to NXT so they can actually LEARN HOW TO WRESTLE before being brought to the main roster like. You know, how it's supposed to be. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I can understand why WWE are putting girls like Eva Marie in the ring, as a sort of cross promotion.

What I don't get (and you mentioned NXT and I'm going somewhere with this), is why 19 year old JoJo (that's right, 19) is allowed to compete on RAW even though (and this is WWE's own law) she is TWO YEARS under the required age to compete in the ring is damn insulting, to the serious wrestlers/divas (call them what you want) that are STUCK in NXT because they have to promote this reality show CRAP (god I'm starting to sound like Joey Styles now), let me give you two examples (those who watch NXT regularly will know what I'm on about, so please ignore this bit);

Paige - someone who has been working her way with WWE since 2011 in FCW and NXT so has paid her dues in 'the minors', yet still can't get on TV even though she turned 21 back in August

Emma - Another girl that has been in WWE since 2011. Good looking girl, decent enough ring skills and a character that would THRIVE in on the main level right now (if you thought Fandango-ing was cool, wait until Emma-ing turns up)

So why they feel the need to shove these amateurs down our throat, when there is a whole locker room down in NXT (and this goes for the men as well, how the likes of Adrian Neville, Conor O'Brian and Corey Graves haven't made it yet, I don't know) that deserve their shot, but instead are being kept away because of some wannabe Kim Kardashian.

End of rant

I haven't seen the match, but did JoJo actually wrestle, i saw a write up and it didn't mention her getting in the ring. Because if she didn't then that's how they've swerved their own law right there.

And i think they haven't called up Paige or Emma at the moment because there is just no story for them at all. I can see one of them coming up, and I think it would be Emma, I can't really explain why I think it, just a gut instinct. Maybe because Paige does remind me a bit of AJ.

And Eva-Marie is like one of the stars of a hit show, so of course they are gonna have her on RAW, try to get her more well known so more people watch Total Divas as well. I don't agree with it but it's "best for business" right?

Remember when Snooki wrestled at 'Mania
or Maria Menounos?
It's Natalya I feel most sorry for, she has appeared on like one wrestlemania, and that's when she was in a 25 Woman Battle Royal, where Santina won it.

Well if that was their intent, they did a fantastic job. Usually fast forward anything involving the divas, but when I saw Eva was gonna be wrestling, wild horses couldn't have drug me away. It was gonna be "The Room" of wrestling performances. It didn't disappoint.

As far as her exposure and only getting it because of the show, who gives a shit? Its women's wrestling, which has been nothing but an eye candy convention for years anyway. You know how the world balances out from her not "paying dues" ? The fact that she has no discernible talent or qualities beyond being attractive...making her instantly expendable. Much like many of my short term romantic interests over the years.

Sure its easy to get mad now, but remember, she will get bounced right out of the buisness as quickly (faster, even) as she ascended. A fine metaphor for life in general. "if your only talent is being hot, at some point, you will become about as expendable as a paper plate"

Candice Michelle, Ashley Massaro, Maria, Kristal Marshall, Kelly Kelly, Miss Kitty, Maryse.

Eva Marie has one thing in common with the list above: she's just replaceable eye candy. That's it. Divas like her are a dime a dozen, and like so many before her, WWE will eventually give her the boot, so they can bring in another talentless Diva with good looks to fill her spot, and the cycle will continue.

The heat on Eva could be the beginning of the end for her, but so what? They'll replace her with another pretty face on Total Divas, and I'm sure most people won't notice the difference.

It doesn't surprise me if Eva Marie has an ego problem. With the way the WWE has promoted Total Divas and highlighted Eva Marie as a must-watch personality, it was bound to happen. It's the same thing with a bunch of reality show starts. Once they get some buzz and notoriety, they start thinking of themselves as hot shit. But eventually, people will stop caring.

This reminds me of when Sofia Cortez/Ivelisse Velez got released last year. The story was that she had a bit of an ego problem because she felt she was one of the better divas in developmental and felt that she should be called up to the main roster. The difference between Eva Marie and Cortez is that Cortez could back up her claims. At this point, Eva Marie only has her looks going for her.

Eva Marie certainly looks and carries herself like a star. If she could only put in the effort to improve ring-wise, she could go far. Because once Total Divas ends, she's going to need to do something to be worth keeping.

Reality television gets people so mad. People hate that people they don't like get to do things that we can only dream about. All we can do is hope to see that bad person get what is coming to them.

Does this description sound familiar?

Like Kim Kardashian, Eva Marie is great. She gets people's attention and makes people want to see what happens to her next. She does it effortlessly with her looks and demeanor. WWE should milk her for all she is worth.

The only thing that is funnier is the way fans still hold out hope for Natalya to get what she "deserves". Maybe the longest running subtext story in pro wrestling history.

So how come John Cena is such a "great wrestler" because he gets reactions out of people but Eva Marie has to go even though despite doing nothing she is getting more attention from fans than every other Diva not named AJ?

But mostly what I want to say is that I agree with NorCal that it isn't worth caring about.

#snarky

I'm guessing WWE management realised they screwed up and pulled this lame as hell story out of their asses to generate buzz among the dirtsheets.

Eva Marie is terrible, half the time her eyes are closed, she looks very disinterested, and to top it all she looks like a Bella twin reject IMO. Everyone else has ranted about her, hence I'll leave her alone.

Television time is so precious... why the hell would you waste it on someone who you expect to fail? That makes zero sense.

And quite frankly, I didn't think she did any worse than your typical eye candy Diva, especially for it being her first match. Do they expect these girls to be 2004 Trish Stratus right off the bat? Shit look how long it took Trish herself to reach that level.

Also, if they're mad at Eva Marie for having an ego, well welcome to the 21st fucking Century where 90% of gorgeous women are egotistical as fuck. Shit WWE only boost these ladies egos by calling them DIVAS, so when they act like a fucking DIVA behind the scenes, they actually get mad at them for it? Get the fuck out of here.

Eva Marie is terrible, half the time her eyes are closed, she looks very disinterested, and to top it all she looks like a Bella twin reject IMO.

I'm still embarrassed to say I actually watched a couple episodes of the diva show :unsure: and can't figure what the company is trying to do with this Eva Marie person. Is she really as lame as she comes off, or is she a better actress than I ever would have believed, in that she might have been hired to portray an obnoxious klutz?

That whole Fandango-Eva Marie fiasco came off as the newbie trying to fool everyone into thinking she could do something she couldn't. Yes, Stephanie might have set the girl up, but Eva Marie apparently believed she could fake her way onstage. If so, then she's not acting; she really is a fool.

However, it's somehow reassuring to know that someone can't fake their way through a wrestling match. No matter how much we might think "anyone" can do it, we've seen plenty of people who can't, no matter how much training and preparation they've gone through. If that's so, the possibility that WWE has hired Eva Marie because they know all too well how she's going to come off, and they've purposely cast a no-talent loser as a character in their reality show.

Fine for that, but when it comes to putting her in a wrestling match on the top two TV shows.....I draw the line.

Keep her on Lifetime, but keep her off SyFy and USA.

Also, if they're mad at Eva Marie for having an ego, well welcome to the 21st fucking Century where 90% of gorgeous women are egotistical as fuck. Shit WWE only boost these ladies egos by calling them DIVAS, so when they act like a fucking DIVA behind the scenes, they actually get mad at them for it? Get the fuck out of here.

All of this is even more surprising considering that WWE hired Eva Marie for these reasons. They knew that she had absolutely no wrestling experience and only had her looks.

I do not see the point on giving someone TV time only to expose their weaknesses. Even though it was a few minutes, setting up someone to fail, is nothing more than a move to stroke ones own ego.

Like Kim Kardashian, Eva Marie is great. She gets people's attention and makes people want to see what happens to her next. She does it effortlessly with her looks and demeanor. WWE should milk her for all she is worth.
This...

In wrestling terms she is horriblle, but cant blame WWE for trying to milk out of he popularity of reality show that is acctually based on their product and their talents and who they are heavily promoting since day 1.

I can understand people getting mad because Paige or some other talents are not on Raw and Eva Marie and JoJo are but people forget the fact that Divas Division in WWE is couple of them who have some clue how to wrestle and others that are mostly eyecandy and that are mostly jobbers. Would maybe see the problem if she is in title picture but with just one match on RAW with horriblle performance(that we kinda used to from Divas lately over the years) dont see that much off a problem here.

As for other Divas their time will come. And will probably be more then just standing in the ring, looking horriblle and doing nothing. :)

Eh, I feel all this is being overblown. I don't understand the hate towards Eva Marie. This whole "she's taking someone's spot!" argument doesn't hold so much weight. What spot are we talking about here? The one where she's on Raw once in a while, has barely spoken, and was barely in a match this past week? She isn't even in the Diva's championship scene. Who would want that spot? Talent like Paige and Emma will eventually come up when they have a good storyline to place them in.

Eva Marie does have positive qualities. She's a major part of a successful reality TV show. She is a very attractive female with massive sexual appeal and uses that to try to get what she wants. A femme fatale if you will. She should use that character to find her next "man" that will do whatever it takes to please her. Starting with the top and working her way down until she finds him. Don't book her in a pointless tag match where her main weakness is going to be exposed to millions. Even if it is a way to punish her for her ego.

1. WWE knew who they were hiring when they brought in Eva Marie. They knew that they were signing a model and that's what they got and that's what they use her for. They can't realistically expect some one with no wrestling background, whom they spent more time sending to photo shoots then training, to magically figure out how to wrestle on their own.

2. Isn't it Triple H who says "In this business you have to want to be number one" or something to that extent? If so then what right do they have to criticize anyone's ego?

3. If Meltzer is right (which I doubt). That whole fiasco makes the WWE look bad, not Eva.

4. I'll have to see her wrestle on Smackdown, Main Event or NXT. Raw ironically has the worst matches of all the shows. Especially when it comes to Divas. Booking a 5 minutes or less match with 6 competitors is some of the worst booking I've seen ever.

EDIT: To set the record straight, I don't believe this "Heat" on Eva is anything more than Kayfabe.

To be honest I don't really see a thing in Eva Maria. From what little I have seen of her in the ring she doesn't perform well. I don't find her all that attractive and her hair color is really Bad. Her attitude seems to suck. Granted she is selling herself as a heel so maybe that's part of the act but I just don't find her interesting at all. I don't blame WWE if they did do a reality check on her an let her fall on live tv. Hopefully it will wake her up to take her opportunity more seriously. She is just one of the many mediocre Diva's that have come along and to be totally honest if she vanished tomorrow I wouldn't miss her one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back