Eva Marie on the Main Roster

MTL722

Your Mother's Favorite Wrestler
Last night we found out the secret final member of the Total Divas tag team match at Wrestlemania. I know most of us were dying with anticipation as to who it could be, but boy oh boy did WWE throw us a fastball right down the middle. To which the WWE Universe smacked that shit right back at the mindless pitcher that was dumb enough to throw it

Now we hear through Dave Meltzer that WWE expected Eva Marie to get a POSITIVE reaction. Heres the thing, I doubt this has anything to do with "inside knowledge" on Meltzers behalf. The faces were being beaten down, obviously whomever came out next was supposed to be the "hero". I 100% believe that the monkeys in the back thought Eva would get cheered. To which I say....

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?

I ask of everyone to not use this as an Eva bashing thread. If anything, use it as a creative team bashing thread. But is there any possible way you see Eva Marie being the mega-heel champ that WWE wants her to be? While at the same time not causing fans to go back to the days of Divas matches being bathroom breaks?

I'm surprised people really give a crap. First of all, I call BS on this "report", but surely some idiots will still believe it. If they cared about a face reaction why would the rest of the Divas have tried staying away from her since she's a heel? Also, and I can't stress this enough, she's a heel. Who cares if it's Raw or NXT, especially in NYC? The NYC crowd is going to hate whoever they want, regardless of their side. As evidenced by their extreme hate for Reigns, while not giving any support to anyone else except themselves. But of course some people will throw out the "this is WWE. They're idiots" card. Which is funny because the easiest retort is to replace WWE with IWC. Both, in general, are just as true.

I do find it funny that you warned about it turning into a Eva bashing thread when most of the hate she gets is just dumb. They realized she shouldn't have been on the main roster so soon and have since moved her down to NXT. I'm also not sure she's officially on the main roster yet, as this is Total Divas thing. It's the same reason she originally debuted on the main roster. Who says it's permanent this time?

Based on the apprehension of the other Total Divas I'm struggling to buy this report. They clearly told the other Total Divas to be wary of Eva Marie's actions. You don't do that if you are expecting the fans to respond to Eva Marie as the conquering hero.

Eva Marie can be a great heel. I don't know about a champion but I like the idea of having a mask wrestler win the title and then have Eva Marie come out and pretend to be the woman in the mask. The mask wrestler can continue to defend the title with The Authority's support.

But she does seem like a return to the Eve Torres, and Candice Michelle's of the world.

There's too many talented women on the roster to have Eva wrestling, Creative should play up her strengths....... her look is appealing to some demographics, have her doing interviews and talking and doing the mixed tag team stuff. Leave womens wrestling as it is to the group of talented ladies that were known as the Diva's revolution.

That being said, I have no issues with Eva if they use her for her look and charisma. We just don't want her ruining the Female Division by becoming the Female Roman Reigns.

As with Bill, I can't put a whole lot of stock into this report because Vince and some of his other lackeys would have to be on crack to even remotely believe that Eva Marie would garner a positive reaction. I also don't believe that NXT caters to a hugely different audience than the main roster; otherwise, why have so many wrestlers called up from NXT to the main roster gotten such strong responses? To clarify, I'm not saying that every NXT star gets strong responses, but a we've seen it happen with the Shield, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn. If the report is legit, then it strikes me as further proof that NXT is much more in tune with the mind set of modern fans than Vince is.

Eva Marie doesn't have the in-ring talent of quite a few on the main or NXT roster. She's been used to help Bayley get over as a babyface champion, not that Bayley needed much help but, let's face it, fans got a real kick out of seeing the likes of Bayley and Carmella ultimately get the best of her. She wasn't given an NXT Women's Championship run, but I have a definite feeling that she'll be Divas Champion at some point and that's when the shit could really hit the fan. Eva Marie has a great look, there's no question about that and she has improved inside the ring, it'd be impossible for her to get any worse, but she's not remotely ready for anything resembling a singles push. I think her best use would be in a Vickie Guerrero type of role, or as the valet of some heel, the mouthpiece of some female stable, etc. as a means of garnering heat.

I guess it WAS a stretch to hope that Bayley might actually get a decent debut here...

Best women's wrestler IMHO...

Let's face it, the night for "debuts" is after Mania, so if Bayley IS coming in, that's when she'll do it - she's not really a Diva, not "B.A.D", she'd be a 3rd, seperate entity. It'd have been interesting if there had been a "bidding war" between the teams for her at Mania... only for her to decline both and take everyone down/clear house at the end.

As for Eva Marie, she's likely worked hard all year and if Emma can be back in the ring and at Mania, then why can't she at the end of the day?

FOOLISH, FOOLISH, FOOLISH. I just saw the Emma vs Paige match on Raw and I hope this was a Wrestlemainia Build up match and nothing more. I know Eva is a Total Diva and this match is a Total Divas Vs. match, but if this match (and the match at Wrestlemainia) is a reintroduction of Eva to the main roster, then creative just sabotaged her wrestling career.

I don't mind Eva Marie. She's a shitty wrestler, but has gotten better with time, couldn't really get much worse. She'll be a great heel once she gets going, she has a knack for making people hate her for no reason at all, somewhat like the Miz.

I don't buy the report whatsoever. It is not possible for Creative to be that tone-deaf, that they would think Eva Marie would return to a heroe's welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back