Galloway Says it's His Responsibility to Fix Negative Impression of TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
“I drove from Orlando to Tampa to get my things, then drive back to Orlando for TV. I was there by 4:00 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. show, and that is when I found out about winning the title. And my first thought was, ‘What can I do to separate myself as champion?’”

Galloway has talked in other interviews about maturing as a wrestler since his “Chosen One” WWE run ended two years ago. In the SI interview, Galloway openly talked about TNA’s struggles and how he would like to carry the banner for the promotion, drawing from his strong post-WWE run in Europe and for WWNLive.

“I understand why people weren’t watching TNA during its dark ages, but I believe in our talent and the matches are phenomenal. If you look at the old stuff, you had a lot of great characters but so much of the work in-ring was crap. Now, there are cool characters and the in-ring product is the highest it’s ever been,” Galloway said.

“TNA has had a negative impression over the past couple years, and I see it as my responsibility to fix that. We have a hell of a show now, and – just like I’ve been trying with Evolve and ICW – if there is anything I can do to improve pro wrestling, I’m going to do it. I’m just going to keep working to get more eyes on the product.”

Now, Galloway is appreciative of his new chance as TNA Hvt. champion, even if it’s not at the level of being a champion in WWE at the moment, hoping that he can “build the image back up” of the TNA brand.

“I can’t thank people enough for getting behind me, believing in me, and appreciating the work I put in,” said Galloway. “It’s so hard to put my thanks into words. I’m willing to sacrifice my life and my body for the fans, and I love this to the point that I’m willing to give up my personal life and my physical health for the fans.”

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/03...negative-impression-post-wwe-run-wwnlive-end/

--

Talk is cheap, I know, but it's nice to read words this appreciative of a company that's often marred (justified or not) in negativity. A company I think we can all agree, again, justified or not, has been cool to hate for it's decision-making.

For a few solid years, TNA was better than WWE. At least in my opinion that's worth no more than two cents. Their PPVs were better. Their matches were better. Hell... the action in their women's division was even better. Their weekly show was better. The only thing that the WWE had for this period of time (and this is mid-late 2006 until around late 2008) was star power. Since then, it has been a laughing stock. They would still put on solid PPVs, but it's a justifiable circus.

Virtually everything since that time has changed in TNA. In that 10 year period, ALMOST the entire roster has turned over. Guys that were at Bound for Glory in 2006 are no longer there in 2016. Comparing their roster from that time period to their roster TODAY (which needs some severe updating) not counting that talent that departed TNA and returned, I legitimately think the only guy that's been there through this whole time is Abyss. That's it.

With that said... I respect the attitude Drew has with wanting to fix the negative impression. I like that he WANTS to do it. But it's never going to happen. Why? Because the negative impression (and actual stain on the company) of TNA is not the talent. It's not the writing. It's not the match quality. It has nothing to do with anybody behind that curtain that comes out on a nightly basis. It's the head of the snake. You HAVE to cut off the head of the snake. But this isn't news. Virtually everything in TNA has turned over except for that, and it's only gotten worse. Dixie needs to be ousted. I'm not even going to get into anymore about it. If Jeff Jarrett were in her shoes, I strongly believe that TNA wouldn't be in the toilet it's in today. I'm not saying they would be competing with WWE on venues to book their shows, but they would sure as hell be somewhat successful.

It is really nice to see such thoughts by Drew Galloway.

I have always been a fan of his and really love the guy's enthusiasm in wrestling. I hope that he can really overcome all odds and make TNA much relevant again. The reverence for TNA in his comments is just awesome.

Drew, EC-3, Bennett etc are the people who make TNA watchable enough for me.

Drew is spot on with these thoughts, though it seems he is putting unfair pressure on himself.

This company is "cool to hate" as stated already. But, they keep giving us reasons to hate them.

I think they need a champion like EC3 and/or Drew for a LONG time to make them relevant again. They need to keep defeating the retread WWE guys like the Hardys and Lashley. They need to BE TNA and all about TNA. That is why TNA had a hey day that made it really good for a while.

Roode, Styles, Daniels, Storm, Angle, Joe ... they were ALL about TNA when they were there. They fought for recognition, had a (at least perceived) loyalty and made it legitimate viewing. But, as Jarrett got less and less involved and Dixie got more and more involved, they lost their way. Those loyalties were all tested and eventually severed.

Drew and EC3 have a chance to build those loyalties back up in the fans and among the locker room ... and that is the only chance TNA has of climbing back to actual relevance.

I agree with a lot of what's already been said.

The roster, matches and overall in ring product have almost always been fantastic.

TNA has been my #1 promotion from when I first watched them over a decade ago.

The problem for me is one of awareness and perception.

TNA rarely, if ever, get's any mainstream attention.

They need to be spending all the money they can on advertising everywhere they can - Billboards, Magazines, TV & Radio adverts, Mainstream Sponsors - Anywhere and everywhere possible!

They should also be doing whatever they can to get their talent mainstream exposure by getting them appearances on chat shows, sitcoms and game shows.

They should be screaming WE ARE HERE from the rooftops!

Perception is also the other major issue.

There are casual fans that aren't even really aware that TNA exists.

Then there are the fans that watch nothing but WWE and for them that's where it begins and ends.

TNA does a lot of negative perceptions - Car crash booking, not following through with logical storylines from beginning to end, inept decisions from management (Dixie) - And as a TNA Faithful, I can't say those perceptions aren't somewhat if fully justified.

Do I have the answers? No, but for one TNA needs to become the alternative to the WWE, like it was between 2005 and 2008/9!

WWE likes to pretend it's mainstream entertainment, TNA should embrace and be proud of being a Wrestling company!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back