Drew Galloway signs with NXT!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
Drew McIntyre officially signs as an NXT Superstar

Former WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre has returned with his eye locked firmly on the NXT Championship.

In the midst of NXT TakeOver: Orlando, rumors instantly began to circulate when the “Sinister Scotsman” was spotted watching the live WWE Network event very closely from his seat in the capacity crowd.

But speculation instantly dissipated when McIntyre revealed to ESPN that he has signed as NXT’s newest Superstar.

This huge news immediately conjures thoughts of dream showdowns between the hard-hitting McIntyre and the NXT roster’s elite. And judging by the reaction of the NXT Universe when he was shown donning a sly smile in attendance, fans were certainly excited by the prospect of him stepping through the yellow ropes very soon.

Stay with WWE.com for more on this developing story, and don’t miss NXT this Wednesday night at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I love Drew Galloway/McIntyre and am very happy to see him return to WWE.

He's still young and will easily fill the void left by Nakamura if the latter actually is called up to the main roster after Wrestlemania 33. He's a easily a potential main eventer and I look forward to see his matches in NXT.

Roode's next challenges seem to include Kassius Ohno and Drew Galloway.

Thoughts?

He's in NXT to was the stink off being part of a job squad during his last run and, maybe, because TNA hasn't helped his credibility.

Hopefully he taste it up in NXT and he then has a great main roster run. But they released him last time for a reason, they didn't know what to do with him, so don't go expecting too much.

I think I called this a few weeks ago. Not surprised in the slightest that Drew McIntyre is coming back. But hopefully it works out this time. To think he was last seen in WWE as a member of 3MB doesn't help much, but the crowd last night seemed very happy to see him. I'm afraid he will be the sort of guy who thrives in NXT but once again on the main roster won't get far.

And I think you're right. Shinsuke Nakamura seemed to leave the arena last night in a 'goodbye' kind of fashion, so I will be far from surprised to see him show up on WWE this week. Drew McIntyre will manage to fill that void I think. The NXT roster needs thickening up a bit still but at least someone can come in to fill this void for now. And, months from now, I expect McIntyre will be NXT Champion.

It'd great to see McIntyre back. I was a fan of him before the 3MB thing came along and even though they had nothing for him, I was sad to see him go 3 years ago. NXT is exactly what he needs now and it appears he'll be thrown right into the main event. After a good run in NXT and possibly even a championship reign, he'll be moved up to the main roster again and the sky's the limit from there. I wouldn't count him out of being more than a mid-carder/possible IC Champ, but I wouldn't count him out of becoming more either. I really hope they get it right this time. For now, I'm just looking forward to a great match between him and Roode, whenever that may be.

love this for Drew McIntyre. he's improved so much in the ring since his first WWE run and his mic work is also better and since he was in TNA, i'm sure WWE now knows a better way to get him over than he was the last time.

being on NXT will be great for him since they need another top guy there and he can feud with Roode after Ohno does and have a nice feud with the title on the line and eventually win it, then maybe he can start up a feud with Eric Young and Sanity.

This is a great way to bring Drew back to WWE. His tour of the indies and time in TNA did wonders for him, but a lot of WWE's casuals will remember him for 3MB.

I looked up Drew and I was shocked to learn that he's only 31. The man has a decade or more ahead of him in his career. I don't think that having been in 3MB means Drew Galloway can't still rise to the top in WWE.

Many wrestlers have worked silly gimmicks and still risen above that booking. Do we slight The Rock for being Rocky Maivia? Does Daniel Bryan suck because of the anger management skits or the Bella twins veganism/virginity angle?

Now Drew Galloway isn't on the level of the Rock or Daniel Bryan, but those are some goofy ass gimmicks. Remember when Mark Henry was sexual chocolate? Then look at his retirement speech angle?

3MB doesn't disqualify Drew. If anything it's ammo that'll be used in promos down the road. What really matters is how he's used here on out. He's from the same generation that's seen wasted talent in guys like Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, and to a less talented respect, Ryback. Perhaps he's he first redemption run?

Check out Drew's TNA run. He's greatly improved and has always had a top tier look. Let's see what happens.

Gotta love the above comments. All of a sudden Drew McIntyre is going to be a big star...... in NXT. Can you say major demotion?

With Nakamura heading to the main Roster, NXT could do with another Babyface and some fresh competition for the likes of Roode and Sanity to feud with. Also Drew is only 31 and a good worker in the ring and given the chance he could be a future NXT champion when the time comes for Bobby Roode to step up to the main Roster.

Awesome news. I have always been a big fan of Drew's. It was an absolute shame that his massive push in 2009 did not go as well as planned. He was good in the ring as well as on the mic, on top of having the look of a champion. Sadly some will remember him more for his time in 3MB as opposed to his actual success in his previous run such as his Intercontinental Championship reign or the Tag Team Championship win with Cody. Some time in NXT will do wonders for him to help re-establish his credibility for a little bit. Plus, with Nakamura now being on Smackdown the NXT main event scene could use another challenger for Bobby Roode.... It is all perfect timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back