Does Drew Mcintyre belong on NXT?

Thepiedpiper

Forever young!
This is interesting, I've seen and heard Mcintyre get a bigger pop on NXT, than I've seen or heard him get for a long time...yes it sounded more from the female side, but it was a decent pop none the less. Should Mcintyre be a familiar face on NXT and showcase his talent there to get more over?

If they aren't doing anything with him on SD, then make him a regular on NXT.

I think it would be a good idea and wouldn't hurt him, as he could easily pull off being a top heel on NXT! :)

If they were going to put McIntyre on NXT, they missed the best chance to do it.
When he was fired by Teddy Long, he should have gone to Vince and said 'I'm your chosen one, he can't fire me', only for Vince to say 'You've been a disappointment, I agree with Teddy'
Then I'd have Drew show up on NXT, interupt the main event, lay both competitors out, then cut a promo saying that he is going to work his way up and show everyone why he was the chosen one.
Then I'd have him work his way through everyone on NXT before returning to SmackDown.
I really like Drew, but I don't see many ways to save him right now.

I think putting him on NXT would be a good idea too. At the very least, WWE can get some tv time out of him if they're not going to fire him. I think he's a pretty decent wrestler and I liked the very intense persona he had when he first arrived a few years ago. Putting him on NXT may not get him over anytime soon, but I would rather watch him than Johnny Curtis or freakin' JTG ANYDAY.

i remember back in 2009-2010 he was unstoppable and untouchable and was a beast
back to topic, no he does not at least have him on superstars not NXT, on less thats only place where he does good on. (i never watch NXT)

His de-emphasis is political. The guy had a look, he had some solid mic skills. They were going to fast track him and he messed it all up when he got married to Tiffany. There was an incident involving Tiffany and Drew at a hotel some time after their marriage, that got Tiffany suspended. Before she could return to TV they released her, and now the 2 are divorced. If Drew had stayed away from Tiffany he might be a champion or in the main event.

I don't think Drew would be any better off on NXT, he might get more TV time but I doubt WWE will change their mind about him. It seems as if they feel he isn't responsible enough to have a top spot on the company, so the best thing he can do at this point is work hard to gain the trust back.

Drew Mcintyre certainly has the talent to be on Smackdown or Raw. Its just they don't have a good storyline for him so there is nothing that he can do. The obvious things are to give him a mid-card belt or have him form a tag-team. Maybe a feud with Christian would be good. I can't see being on NXT having a beneficial affect for Drew and i would say he should go nowhere near nxt and should be utilized on a main show.

I don't know if he belong on NXT or not, but if he got into some heat backstage for any reason he should start over and re invent himself, and if NXT is the first step or a step in the right direction then go for it, maybe he can recreate his character in some way so he can come back to one of the main shows even better, or at least that's my opinion.......

I just don't understand why he's not on TV more. I know he couldn't really get over with the fans, but I think they never gave him a fair shot. It's funny, in WWE '12 for X-Box, part of the Road to Wrestlemania storyline features a stable that's created with Wade, Sheamus, Regal, Layla, and Drew called United Kingdom. It makes perfect sense to me, so why not do it in real life? Regal could be the Manager, Layla the diva and eventually Sheamus and Wade could feud for control of the faction. Maybe add Mason Ryan for Muscle and you're set.

His de-emphasis is political. The guy had a look, he had some solid mic skills. They were going to fast track him and he messed it all up when he got married to Tiffany. There was an incident involving Tiffany and Drew at a hotel some time after their marriage, that got Tiffany suspended. Before she could return to TV they released her, and now the 2 are divorced. If Drew had stayed away from Tiffany he might be a champion or in the main event.

I don't think Drew would be any better off on NXT, he might get more TV time but I doubt WWE will change their mind about him. It seems as if they feel he isn't responsible enough to have a top spot on the company, so the best thing he can do at this point is work hard to gain the trust back.
I agree with you on the first paragraph and that the WWE need a mature head to main event! :)

Drew Mcintyre certainly has the talent to be on Smackdown or Raw. Its just they don't have a good storyline for him so there is nothing that he can do. The obvious things are to give him a mid-card belt or have him form a tag-team. Maybe a feud with Christian would be good. I can't see being on NXT having a beneficial affect for Drew and i would say he should go nowhere near nxt and should be utilized on a main show.
Yeah he needs a feud and I think NXT could be a good re-start.

I don't know if he belong on NXT or not, but if he got into some heat backstage for any reason he should start over and re invent himself, and if NXT is the first step or a step in the right direction then go for it, maybe he can recreate his character in some way so he can come back to one of the main shows even better, or at least that's my opinion.......
NXT or not he needs a storyline and feud, so why not NXT?...they aren't using him otherwise.:shrug:

I just don't understand why he's not on TV more. I know he couldn't really get over with the fans, but I think they never gave him a fair shot. It's funny, in WWE '12 for X-Box, part of the Road to Wrestlemania storyline features a stable that's created with Wade, Sheamus, Regal, Layla, and Drew called United Kingdom. It makes perfect sense to me, so why not do it in real life? Regal could be the Manager, Layla the diva and eventually Sheamus and Wade could feud for control of the faction. Maybe add Mason Ryan for Muscle and you're set.
The WWE know what to do, but they need all of them on the same page and somethings up with Drew and Sheamus is Main Event right now so they will put it on hold I think.

In all honesty Drew is young and very talented, but he needs to find his niche in the WWE and needs to get to a mature enough level that he can be trusted without bringing any shame on the WWE....so Drew hurry up and hit 30 :D

I really only wanted to post because of the UK faction idea involving sheamus.

I think its crazy how the game has sheamus in a stable called United Kingdom. Irish men and women fought and gave their lifes for over 800 years to break free from British rule. I dont mind British people, infact my sister is married to an English fella. I just dont like being called British, English or being a part of the United Kingdom. This is actually a storyline I think WWE should use for Barret Vs Sheamus.

Im sure most people outside of Ireland are unaware of how offensive it is for an Irish person to be called British, or to be called a part of the UK. Just clearing things up as it is something I feel strongly about.

I do actually like the idea of the faction and think it could work. Just dont highlight the fact that they are all Brits, or else dont include sheamus. I think a faction could help gain drew momentum as he could get some recognition with help from his partners.

So my post doesnt get deleted im going to comment on the topic.

I didnt like Drew for a long time. I found him boring. However, when he had a short storyline with Kelly Kelly, I took notice. He also had a stand out performance in the 2010 (I think it was 2010) Elimination Chamber. After the chamber match, he moved to raw and vanished from tv. only to get drafted back to SD and go on a losing streak that went nowhere storyline wise. He got fired from ted and rehired the next week by big john. then nothing. How are we supposed to be interested if nothing happens?

I think he is good enough for the main roster. Just give him something to do. Give him an aggressive character, because once he became aggressive, thats when I took notice.

It's possible. After all, NXT could be a place where McIntyre is able begin to reestablish himself in some ways before being moved back to television to finish the job. He hasn't really been a factor in any way since WrestleMania and I'm not looking for that to change. Going into the summer, WWE is going to be building towards Money in the Bank and SummerSlam. The WWE & World Championshp pictures will get time, Triple H vs. Lesnar will get lots of time, whatever John Cena is involved in will get tons of time, more attention could be put on the mid-card & tag titles scenes. McIntyre is kind of at the bottom of the ladder right now.

At the same time, however, Raw going to three hours might be a way for more wrestlers to get utilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back