Drew Galloway Is The Best Decision To Dethrone EC3!

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
First and foremost I have to say that I am not a TNA hater. With that, I can't really say that I am a TNA supporter too. The company has been with us for more than a decade now and one way or another they've been able to give us something good. Recently though I've just tuned out of the show (I read the reports), mostly because there's just nothing really interesting about it to me. But when we look at their roster and we compare it to previous years, we see a lot of different faces. Drew Galloway, The Wolves, Bram, ECIII, Rockstar Spud and Bobby Lashley seem to be the 'top dogs' now. Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle fill the void of 'veterans'.

Unfortunately we are heading for a ECIII vs. Jeff Hardy title match at their only worthy Pay-Per-View. I'm not saying that it's the wrong decision, in fact I actually think this story is kinda cool and fits Carter's persona, but I am not excited to see the match, mostly because I couldn't care less about the outcome of it. I am expecting ECIII to retain, because they have invested so much in him that it would just plain suck to see him lose against a guy who gains nothing with the win.

That got me thinking of the perfect choice to actually beat him for the title, and it hit me. Drew fucking Galloway. He's young and he's an helluva wrestler. He's been getting some attention in the indy scene and he genuinely has the respect of the fans. Also, he's a fresh face that genuinely would gain something if he became World Champion. Even if Carter gets the first win and adds more drama to it. However, it's the story I would be much more concerned because I've had enough of the "bully" antics of Carter, in fact, I think he should be scared of Galloway.

But enough about fantasy booking. What you guys think? Should Galloway be the man to take the title out of Ethan Carter III? If no, then who? How can TNA actually capitalize on their title matches in order to garner outside interest?

He's young, and he's over with the TNA fans, but I'd draw a hard line at "helluva wrestler". He's more like a helluva brawler. His actual wrestling leaves a lot to be desired. At least for me.

But I do agree that in the interest of creating more and more "new" stars (quotations necessary for Galloway since he still has a WWE past richer than EC3 ever did), Galloway is the guy for them to build up as the guy to eventually knock Carter on his ass and give him his first loss.

In fact, I'd have EC3 beat Jeff Hardy for exactly this reason. Carry the momentum forward since Hardy doesn't need this at all.

Wait, I thought it was already known that is was going to be EC3 vs Galloway at BFG with Hardy as ref? Maybe I read that wrong somewhere.

I like Drew a lot, he's been a breakout star in TNA probably sort of the MVP as far as new talent. What I like about him is that he seems to care about being in TNA and making it work. And especially being that badass babyface and conquering hero.

That being said, I sort of feel like it's soon for him? I would want to see him go through a series of trials and errors where he almost gets close to the belt. Throw at him a few bodies that he had to beat before he gets there for example.

Also I feel that it was a mistake for TNA to stop his feud with Eli Drake so soon. It could have been a feud for the ages, in my opinion, something to push Drew to the brink and make him grow as a wrestler.

Wait, I thought it was already known that is was going to be EC3 vs Galloway at BFG with Hardy as ref? Maybe I read that wrong somewhere.

I like Drew a lot, he's been a breakout star in TNA probably sort of the MVP as far as new talent. What I like about him is that he seems to care about being in TNA and making it work. And especially being that badass babyface and conquering hero.

That being said, I sort of feel like it's soon for him? I would want to see him go through a series of trials and errors where he almost gets close to the belt. Throw at him a few bodies that he had to beat before he gets there for example.

Also I feel that it was a mistake for TNA to stop his feud with Eli Drake so soon. It could have been a feud for the ages, in my opinion, something to push Drew to the brink and make him grow as a wrestler.

I feel the same. While I doubt I'll ever enjoy his work as an actual mat technician, he could be built up as "a TNA guy" if they just spent more time on it. I'm just not sure they have the time to spend to do so at this point.

And losing so many of the better heels these last few months, along with his Drake feud cut short really undercut the avenues they could have had him go through on his way up the ladder. MVP, James Storm, Austin Aries, etc.

I feel the same. While I doubt I'll ever enjoy his work as an actual mat technician, he could be built up as "a TNA guy" if they just spent more time on it. I'm just not sure they have the time to spend to do so at this point.

And losing so many of the better heels these last few months, along with his Drake feud cut short really undercut the avenues they could have had him go through on his way up the ladder. MVP, James Storm, Austin Aries, etc.

Then again I could see worse for Drew than feuding with Ethan cause Ethan is such a great heel.

A good option would be for him to fight Ethan but lose his match. So he shows he can be a top guy without becoming "the" top guy. Have Eli Drake intervene, make him lose the match and then it would restart his feud with Drake into something even more intense personal.

Playing their cards right, Drake-Galloway could be like Tully-Magnum.

Another option is Drew Galloway vs Eric Young. This thing could be pretty intense. The savior of TNA vs the traitor of TNA.

For sure on EY. Vastly underrated, and one of the best heels in the company still. Generating real heat. He's been incredible... just completely sidetracked unnecessarily by Melendez, who he beats and embarrasses worse and worse each week for no reason whatsoever.

Right now, EY and Drake are really the only two that could give him a meaningful run. Bram would have been an ideal point too, especially with his brawling style, but that ship is just about sunk.

I didn't know that ECIII vs. Drew Galloway was already the main event for Bound for Glory. I'm sorry guys. Like I said, I've not been following TNA lately, aside from reading some reports (and obviously it failed me the fact that the match was already set up).

Why does Drew need to go 'up the stairs' until he reaches the top? He's one of the most popular stars they have. He can get credibility with the championship and beating ECIII would help a lot, but to be honest, it wouldn't be enough. He needs an intense guy that can go with him in the ring and ECIII isn't really "intense".

Eric Young vs. Galloway could be something. EY is underrated, but the way the company used him for years, will never ever be forgotten. ECIII already beat everyone, if Hardy costs him the title, then he has a meaningful program with someone without the title being on the line, therefore making the outcome more exciting.

The more I think of it, the more I think Galloway should get the title at BfG. ECIII can comeback after the loss. He's way to entertaining and charismatic to be forgotten. I truly hope TNA takes the title out of him. He had a good run.

Yeah I should agree with the OP. TNA does need to create new stars if they want to sustain the future. With Magnus, Aries and many others parted their way with TNA it created a great depletion in their roster. But if Drew can win the championship, it'll be a start of new era. A battle between Carter and Galloway.

But unfortunately TNA hasn't been using Drew in a proper way. I thought he'll win the King of the Mountain Championship but it was unlikely. TNA should introspect their problems and should make their company more productive.

Cheers!!

I thought they would have went with ECIII vs Jeff Hardy as well, not that I'm against Galloway getting his title shot but I think he's been overshadowed by the ECIII feud against the Hardy's.

We all know about the roster but that's for a different thread.

As mentioned before, with the talent pool of TNA dwindling the way it has, the options for contenders to EC3 are minimal. Outside of Galloway I cant see any other faces that would be viable. There's still talent there, but I'm not exactly sold on Galloway. Didn't really see him in WWE, and I haven't been impressed with him thus far in TNA. I fear that this BFG will end up like last year's, and quite possibly the last period.

Galloway is very overrated, but he might be the best option. Really don't see anyone else ready to be World Champion, it seems all the credible talent has left TNA.. It's a shame, i want to enjoy TNA again but it's so hard.

Galloway is very overrated, but he might be the best option. Really don't see anyone else ready to be World Champion, it seems all the credible talent has left TNA.. It's a shame, i want to enjoy TNA again but it's so hard.

...and not just because they rocket-strap every story, or because they notoriously over-book angles and story lines. But because they're losing guys left-and-right. How can you honestly invest time into caring about someone who may up and leave a week later?

...and not just because they rocket-strap every story, or because they notoriously over-book angles and story lines. But because they're losing guys left-and-right. How can you honestly invest time into caring about someone who may up and leave a week later?

That's a management issue. TNA's problems were never their pool of talent, and we all know that. They need to create a better brand, a trustworthy brand. They are trying to go 'mainstream', but their money and their TV channel scream 'wrestling fans'. So try and make the shows for those who enjoy it, try to have an NXT approach and then they'll be the cool kid in the neighborhood. Not only for the fans, but also for the talent and the wrestlers in general.

Try and lock up some of the favorites and I am not talking Kurt Angle here. I am talking ECIII, I am talking Rockstar Spud and Galloway. Then build your big programs around them, until you have some new cool guy to take it's place. TNA tries too much to be bigger than what they are and that hurts in public reputation.

But of course, everyone has their two cents on how good we are and how dumb those people in TNA are. The reality is just this - the current management is not working. Their TV is sometimes entertaining, but most of the time it's not and it isn't the talents fault. Lack of direction, hurts. Lack of confidence hurts too.

I truly hope they put the title on Galloway and stick with it. Make him sign some papers where he's obliged to defend the championship and can only leave the company after dropping the title. Galloway is such a good and fresh choice, that it pains me to see that they are not going with it. Galloway can face Eric Young, Bobby Roode, Bobby Lashley, Mr. Anderson... and be a fresh match. Let him be a babyface, turn him heel later. But do something. ECIII already proved he's awesome to watch, so people will give him a chance after dropping the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back