First Round: San Francisco - Sid vs. Batista

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sid

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Batista by a hair. They're both masters of the powerbomb and botching moves, however Batista is quicker than Sid and could avoid most of Sid's move set. Sid also looks like he walks on stilts in the ring with his legs being that skinny.

It's a battle of who could care less and in this case, I'll take Batista.

Here's two men who are rather similar in the ring. Big strong men who hope to powerbomb you for the pin. After giving it some thought, I'm going with Batista, based on the fact that I think he's a little bit stronger and would have the advantage in this one because of that.

I've always been a secret fan of Batista.

Obviously both Sid and Batista have very similar attributes, both positive and negative, but I have to give the edge to Batista as he has the more impressive resume to back him up.

I also think that he is faster, stronger and more agile than Sid and it would be pretty impressive to see Sid on the receiving end of a Batista Bomb.

Batista's recent heel turn has certainly boosted his support, as instead of being a hated face bad at his job, he's a hated heel good at his job. It certainly has given him a new lease of life, but I would wager that if you want a truly dominant Batista, his time as a face really show what he can do. Who in the company didn't he defeat whilst he was on top in this position? Undertaker, Cena, HHH, HBK, Orton, Edge. Batista defeated all of these guys, and one a whole bucket full of championships to go along with it.

Sid was ok, and certainly if we're analysing it on a physical level, could match Batista. But he provided a similar role in an enforcer gone rogue, but didn't sustain a level of dominance by any means in his WWF run at least. I would also wager worse promos than Batista at current.

I'll go Batista.

Batista has done more with the opportunities that were given to him than Sid was ever able to. And he hasn't stabbed Arn Anderson at all, either! Sid was iconic in his time, but never consistent enough to really cement himself as a top player until his last stretch at WCW (which was tragically cut short live on tv).

Batista for the win...this time...

While neither guy is exactly fantastic in the ring, both are tremendously powerful and just plain intimidating as hell. In terms of overall physical strength, it's a toss up but I think Batista is probably a little faster and more agile than Sid. Sid's a nutcase so that could potentially make up for anything he might be lacking in overall athleticism.

I think it'd be a very close match and I think it comes down to who has the better power bomb. Batista's sit down power bomb has a little more impact at lot of the time than Sid's did. If Sid had a much smaller man up in his PB, he'd pretty much drive them right through the ring. Batista is a solid, thickly muscled 300 pounder and I don't think Sid's power bomb will have as much of a jarring effect on him as it would to someone smaller. Batista uses his own center of gravity and body's momentum as he's falling to add a little extra oomph to his power bomb and I think it'll be enough to put Sid down.

I have to go with Sid by a mile.

First of all Batista may look big, but Sid is a few frames bigger easily. He is the way bigger, way stronger guy, and he is fucking nuts. I don't think Batista would be able to do much to him, he can hardly Batista Bomb Undertaker, and Sid is at least as big as taker, maybe bigger. For the arguments about Batista being faster, that's basically horse shit because HBK was also way faster but that didn't stop slow old Sid from kicking his ass now did it ? Or Bret Hart for that matter. He's just too big, to crazy, and too strong. Batista is a little guy with a lot of packed on muscle, Sid is a fucking giant with a lot of packed on muscle. Sid could easily Power Bomb Batista, Choke Slam him, or anything else he wanted to do. Batista does have a stacked resume but take a look at the names on Sid's and his measures up just as well, he just doesn't have the title reigns Batista does, but that makes sense too, Sid wasn't as marketable guy as Batista, and that right there is the tell all in Batista's success. If he wasn't so marketable with the look he has, he has nothing else special enough about him to make him worth having or keeping. Sid is a spectacle as is, is probably the better wrestler, and has the superior attributes. I don't see how Batista has a prayer.

Batista has improved quite a bit over the last few years; I believe that it was his match with the Undertaker at Mania 23 that was the turning point for me. My philosophy is that if a wrestler truely entertains me, then by right, as a consumer, I have to acknowledge that performer as entertaining. His match with John Cena at Summerslam 2008 was also quite good, and his recent match with Rey Misterio at Survivor Series I also found to be entertaining; despite the fact that I find Batista's current heel run to be rather dry.

Sid falls into the same relative category, after seeing his match with Michaels at Survivor Series 96; however, I will admit that I get more entertainment watching Sid's many botches and blunders inside the ring, than I do from his actual performances. The last ridiculous Batista botch that I remember seeing was the ending to his Mania 24 match against Umaga.

I'm voting Batista here, on the principle of having seen more entertaining matches, rather than entertaining blunders.

I vote Dave. Slightly more powerful, slightly better moveset, better record against big superstars, great record against powerful wrestlers.

Yeah, i mean this is close, but I just see Batista on a different level to Sid at his best right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back