Fantasy Basketball

Time difference mixed with shitty Alaskan island internet made me quiet upset that I missed the draft. That said, I am here, I am in, and I am certainly not dead.

So it's approaching that time of year again; the NBA season is right around the corner. And with that on the horizon, I'm hoping to run Wrestlezone Hoops and Hardwood for a third season. In season one, we had 12 guys, which was great, but we only had eight participants last season (and who was it that won it all last season?). I'd love to at least get things back to 10 guys this season, and ideally I would like to have twelve.

So far, we have myself, Lariat, Lowdown, and deanerandterry as confirmed participants. Invites have been sent to Big Sexy, IndyJon, and "Tim Duncan's Donuts" (apologies that I can't remember for sure who that is, although I think it might be Little Jerry Lawlor).

So to get to twelve, we have as few as five openings but could have as many as eight. If we can't get 12, well 10 will be fine, and even 8 would be acceptable. Fewer than eight and I likely won't bother to organize the league. I'm looking at Sunday, October 11 as the possible draft day, somewhere around 7 EDT, assuming that works for most guys.

To the guys who have already been invited and haven't yet responded, please let me know if you intend to return. For anyone else, shoot me a PM if you are interested and give my your email address and I can get your invitation sent to you. Hopefully this gets off the ground again this season, it's been fun for the last couple of years.

Just touching base again regarding the fantasy basketball league. At the moment we have six participants:

hatehabsforever
Lariat
deanerandterry
Lowdown
Squirrelbaby
JamJam

Not sure if six guys is enough to bother, I'd like a minimum of eight, ideally ten, and my preference would be twelve but that's likely not happening. So to anyone out there who may be interested, please let me know. Draft day (tentatively Oct. 11) is quickly approaching and I'd love to find at least two more guys.

Hope we get the two we need. I've been looking forward to doing some mock drafts.

Just touching base again regarding the fantasy basketball league. At the moment we have six participants:

hatehabsforever
Lariat
deanerandterry
Lowdown
Squirrelbaby
JamJam

Not sure if six guys is enough to bother, I'd like a minimum of eight, ideally ten, and my preference would be twelve but that's likely not happening. So to anyone out there who may be interested, please let me know. Draft day (tentatively Oct. 11) is quickly approaching and I'd love to find at least two more guys.

Can i join it?

Can i join it?

Sure, you can definitely join, just PM me your email address and I will send you the formal invitation.

The thing is, though, is that you bring our numbers to seven, so we still need one more guy. We can't have an odd number, so if we can't find an 8th player, you will unfortunately be odd man out. Frankly if we don't get 8, I probably won't even bother running the league in the first place as I don't think 6 is enough. 8 is borderline enough. So go ahead and join, and hopefully we will find one more player.

So the draft for this thing is tentatively scheduled for Sunday of next weekend. At the moment we still only have seven guys. We have to have an even number of participants, so I'm putting it out there again for one more guy to join to bring us to eight. If we don't find another guy, we will have to cut Becker, which won't matter because I'm probably not going to bother with the league if we only have six participants.

Come on fellow wrestlezoners, there must be at least one more NBA fan out there. To anyone who may be interested, please let me know so we can run a successful league with eight players. Hope to hear from someone.

So the draft for this thing is tentatively scheduled for Sunday of next weekend. At the moment we still only have seven guys. We have to have an even number of participants, so I'm putting it out there again for one more guy to join to bring us to eight. If we don't find another guy, we will have to cut Becker, which won't matter because I'm probably not going to bother with the league if we only have six participants.

Come on fellow wrestlezoners, there must be at least one more NBA fan out there. To anyone who may be interested, please let me know so we can run a successful league with eight players. Hope to hear from someone.

I'd like to join. I'm a big NBA fan.

I'd like to join. I'm a big NBA fan.

Actually I just received a response from another guy, just before you made this post, which currently brings us to eight. However, if another guy expresses interest, I'd gladly expand things to ten. And if not, I can keep you in mind for an alternate position, if someone else drops out. Just PM me your email address, and I will let you know. Hopefully one more will respond as I think 10 is the perfect number.

So I am still hoping that Wrestlezone Hoops and Hardwood gets off the ground tonight. The draft is scheduled for tonight at 7:00 pm ET, around 7 hours from now. Hopefully everyone who has signed up will participate in the online live draft, as it is way better than having teams simply be auto drafted.

Unfortunately at the moment, we only have 7 guys, and we need an even number. One of our posters has repeatedly told me he intends to respond to his invitation and if he does we should be good to go, but the clock is ticking and as of the moment, we are still one short. The only other option would be to cut one and go with six but personally I think that would be a waste of time, as I don't think six participants is enough for a successful league. In all likelihood, if we don't get one more guy, I probably won't bother to run the league at all.

Once I know for sure we have eight, I'll post again. Other than that, please check in on yahoo at least 15 minutes before draft time, to see if we are going to have a league or not. Hopefully we do, it was fun the last few seasons.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys, but I was unfortunately forced to push the draft back by one week. With less than three hours until draft time, we were still short one player. I apologize for the delay, but hopefully this will allow us to find another player and run a successful league with eight guys. If we don't find an eighth by next Sunday, I'm just going to scrap the whole league entirely. I will let you know if I find someone.

Let me see if my boy will do it. He says he's straight on fantasy sports but perhaps I can like and prod him.

Actually, Best_Sports_Entertainer has already indicated an interest, but for some reason, yahoo is not cooperating with me and I have been unable to send him an official invite. I have been trying for two days to send him the invite but it won't work. I was wondering, Lowdown, if I were to name you co-commissioner and PM you his email address, perhaps you could send him the invite and we could finalize our roster. Let me know if you are willing to help me out.

So we finally have a complete roster of eight guys, and I have closed the roster. Here's who we have:

hatehabsforever. hatehabsforever
Bad News Lariat. The Lariat Express
Lowdown. LD Ball-A-Holic
deanerandterry. Dude's Team
Jam. Jam Jam Gigolos
BooCocky. Brian's Team
Best_Sports_Entertainer. BSE's Team
Squirrelbaby. Pippen Ain't Easy

Remember the draft is tomorrow night at 7:00 ET. Hopefully everyone is still planning on participating. I'll be there. Who else plans on participating in the draft tomorrow?

What time would that be my time? It's 1:20PM right now where I'm at.

No clue where you live Jam, but there is a countdown clock on there which tells you exactly when the draft starts. It's approximately 12 hours from right now.

I will be a little late. I get off work at 730. I'll try and set up players so it doesn't autodraft until I log on.

LD Ball-A-Holics

PG Chris Paul LAC - PG
SG Brandon Knight Pho - PG,SG
G Jeff Teague Atl - PG
SF Tobias Harris Orl - SF,PF
PF DeMarcus Cousins Sac - PF,C
F Nikola Vucevic Orl - PF,C
C DeAndre Jordan LAC - C
C Zach Randolph Mem - PF,C
Util Khris Middleton Mil - SG,SF
Util Tony Allen Mem - SG,SF
BN Thaddeus Young Bkn - SF,PF
BN Jarrett Jack Bkn - PG,SG
BN Darren Collison Sac - PG

hatehabsforever

PG Isaiah Thomas (PG)
SG Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF)
G Trevor Ariza (SG/SF)

SF LeBron James (SF/PF)
PF Kevin Love (PG/C)
F Kyle Korver (SG/SF)

C Marc Gasol (C)
C Derrick Favors (PF/C)

UTIL Jonas Valenciunas (C)
UTIL Andrew Wiggins (SG/SF)

BENCH J.J. Reddick (SG)
BENCH Rajon Rondo (PG)
BENCH Tristan Thompson (PF/C)

Not too bad I guess. Hopefully LeBron and Love get healthy, and Thompson gets a contract resolution, with or without the Cavs.

For my team, I've got:

Mike Conley
Monta Ellis
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond
Pau Gasol
Nikola Mirotic
Gordon Hayward
Bradley Beal
Goran Dragic
Jordan Clarkson
CJ McCollum
Alec Burks

I went with forwards early in the draft but went guard-heavy the rest of the way. Pretty satisfied with this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back