Ensembled Thoughts

389》I’m not fascinated by people who smile all the time. What I find interesting is the way people look when they are lost in thought, when their face becomes angry or serious, when they bite their lip, the way they glance, the way they look down when they walk, when they are alone and smoking a cigarette, when they smirk, the way they half smile, the way they try and hold back tears, the way when their face says they want to say something but can’t, the way they look at someone they want or love… I love the way people look when they do these things. It’s… beautiful.
- Clemence Poesy

390》Honesty always gets my attention. Not particularly someone who's honest to me, but someone who's honest with themselves.
- Heath Ledger

391》Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
- Khalil Gibran

392》Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you'll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you'll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room.
- Cheryl Strayed

393》We are born of women, we are conceived in the womb of women, we are engaged and married to women. We make friendships with women, and lineage continues because of women…Why should we speak ill of her? From her, kings are born. Woman is born from woman; there is none without her.
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji

394》Hurt people hurt people. That’s how pain patterns get passed on, generation after generation after generation. Break the chain today. Meet anger with sympathy, contempt with compassion, cruelty with kindness. Greet grimaces with smiles. Forgive and forget about finding fault. Love is the weapon of the future.
- Yehuda Berg

397》Learn how to say “I love you,” without having to say the actual words. Because what’s the essence of saying such, if you fail to make someone feel it?
- Shi Collantes

400》You need power, only when you want to do something harmful, otherwise Love is enough to get everything done.
- Charlie Chaplin

402》I walked a mile with Pleasure;
She chatted all the way;
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow;
And ne’er a word said she;
But, oh! The things I learned from her,
When Sorrow walked with me.
- Robert Browning

405》Don’t be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn’t do what you do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today.
- MALCOLM X

406》Do people live in circles today?
No. They live in boxes. They wake up every morning in a box of their bedrooms because a box next to them started making beeping noises to tell them it was time to get up. They eat their breakfast out of a box and then they throw that box away into another box. Then they leave the box where they live and get into another box with wheels and drive to work, which is just another big box broken into little cubicle boxes where a bunch of people spend their days sitting and staring at the computer boxes in front of them. When the day is over, everyone gets into the box with wheels again and goes home to the house boxes and spends the evening staring at the television boxes for entertainment. They get their music from a box, they get their food from a box, they keep their clothing in a box, they live their lives in a box.
Break out of the box! This is not the way humanity lived for thousands of years.
- Elizabeth Gilbert

407》What I’ve started I must finish. I’ve gone too far to turn back. Regardless of what may happen, I have to go forward.
- Michael Ende

408》If you discovered something that made you tighten inside, you had better try to learn more about it.
- Nicholas Sparks

409》I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home.
- Joanne Harris

410》Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas

411》There are certain things in life where you know it's a mistake but you don't really know it's a mistake because the only way to know that it really is a mistake is to make that mistake and go, "Yup, that was a mistake". So really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake because then you'll go about your whole life not knowing whether it was a mistake or not.
- Lilly

412》Beware of what you let enter your heart. There’ll come a day when you’d give anything to remove it.
- Yasmin Mogahed

413》Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?
- Andrea Gibson

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back