Domestic football - spam version

The reason I hate Man Utd is because their fans are a bunch of smug, hypocritical *****.

Not a very libelous statement about my brother tbh. He also meets the stereotype of not coming from Manchester.

Mainly because there's at least 5 or 6 controversial games a season such as penalties given for no fouls or 5 minutes added on (where man u get a goal) when there shouldn't have been any.

Also Ferguson.

I'd imagine that happens to other teams too though (contentious calls certainly happen a lot in Tennis). So it seems a little unfair to hate United for that.

Ferguson does seem like a twat to be fair. A twat who just so happens to a good football manager, but still.

Thanks for the answers anyway. I shall now return to not giving a fuck either way. As you were, gentlemen.

And just what the fuck are you talking about?

2 years ago vs Man United = The game that won you the league that year (not including when Gerrard passed it to Drogba for an easy goal against Liverpool)

1 year ago vs Spurs, two goals that shouldnt have stood.

This year against Wigan, at least one goal that shouldnt have stood.

Thats just off the top of my head, just seems Chelsea get bad offside calls in their favour right when they need the points. Same with Man United and the penalty thing. When somebody brings up one, I just like to point out that its all swings and roundabouts.

I can understand the discontent towards United this season more than most. They haven't played well for a lot of their games, yet have only been beaten 3 times this season and overturned a points defecit to sit atop the league in a healthy position to reclaim the title.

Ferguson may wind up fellow managers, pundits and fans with some of his comments and actions, but his methods have been effective and have led to continual success as a manager.

2 years ago vs Man United = The game that won you the league that year (not including when Gerrard passed it to Drogba for an easy goal against Liverpool)

Thats just off the top of my head, just seems Chelsea get bad offside calls in their favour right when they need the points. Same with Man United and the penalty thing. When somebody brings up one, I just like to point out that its all swings and roundabouts.

Not to mention the red in the first few mins at SJP that never happened this season.

While Scholes getting amongst the goals again is nice, since his return United have only dropped 2 points in the league. I would have loved it if Cleverley, Anderson and even Jones had been able to provide consistency in the midfield along with Carrick so that Scholes didn't have to return, but his presence seems to have made the difference in the final stretch of the season.

Yeeeaaah! I've been saying this to near anyone that'll listen.

The reason I hate Man Utd is because their fans are a bunch of smug, hypocritical *****.

I mean the vast majority of Utd fans then.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Smug? Definately. Hypocrite? Aren't we all? Cunt? Yes.

I say the same about most football fans, just most lack the self awareness to see that they are as bad as the rest. I call it banter, most of it good natured, the ones that actually mean it probably all share the same brain cell anyway.

I can understand the discontent towards United this season more than most. They haven't played well for a lot of their games, yet have only been beaten 3 times this season and overturned a points defecit to sit atop the league in a healthy position to reclaim the title.

Ferguson may wind up fellow managers, pundits and fans with some of his comments and actions, but his methods have been effective and have led to continual success as a manager.

Fergie just plays the game better than most, insufferable twat yeah, but all the others try to be as bad as him and try to beat him and generally come up short.

Not to mention the red in the first few mins at SJP that never happened this season.

You've lost me, Newcastle normally get a man sent off against Chelsea? Not doubting you, just asking if this is the case.

When newcastle played chelsea Luis(I htink) brought down Ba and was last man. He got a yellow when it should have been a straight red. THis was 2 mins into the game.

Yeeeaaah! I've been saying this to near anyone that'll listen.

Fergie just plays the game better than most, insufferable twat yeah, but all the others try to be as bad as him and try to beat him and generally come up short.

Oh I've been paying attention Miko. Scholes' return may have been dubbed an act of desperation by a Mr Vieira, but he wasn't dragged kicking and screaming from a golf course to don the red again, he's said a few times that he didn't realise just how much he missed it. He and Giggs are still incredibly valuable to United which on one hand speaks volumes of the longevity of both, but on the other does highlight the near impossible task Ferguson has with replacing such vital commodities.

Mourinho was a great test for Ferguson and it could have been very interesting had Mourinho stayed at Chelsea for a few more seasons. I think that was perhaps the last challenge that he really relished despite his hunger for the Champions League, as the Premier League would be a constant battle with the mind games.

When newcastle played chelsea Luis(I htink) brought down Ba and was last man. He got a yellow when it should have been a straight red. THis was 2 mins into the game.

Oh yeah I remember that now, say's it all really

Oh I've been paying attention Miko. Scholes' return may have been dubbed an act of desperation by a Mr Vieira, but he wasn't dragged kicking and screaming from a golf course to don the red again, he's said a few times that he didn't realise just how much he missed it. He and Giggs are still incredibly valuable to United which on one hand speaks volumes of the longevity of both, but on the other does highlight the near impossible task Ferguson has with replacing such vital commodities.

I dont buy Gigg's irreplaceability though, I mean, great player, but replaceable, mazy runs and goals, proven versatility and all that, but for me, Ashley Young is a Gigg's replacement. He's going to be a big player for United in the future.

Scholes, well, unless Cleverly grows even more as a player they cant replace him, certainly not from these shores anyway. Fergie may have to go Spanish to get anything close. I buy the hype about Scholes though, I do, I'd rather have him in my side than Gerrard or Lampard, I'd have to flip a coin between him and Xavi. Well I say that, I'd pick Scholes mainly because he's English.

Mourinho was a great test for Ferguson and it could have been very interesting had Mourinho stayed at Chelsea for a few more seasons. I think that was perhaps the last challenge that he really relished despite his hunger for the Champions League, as the Premier League would be a constant battle with the mind games.

Prem needs Mourinho back, sadly it'll more likely be with United than against them, but Mourinho is the only person that can really claim to have got the better of S'Alex. Wenger with a better squad runs him damn close, but Mourinho just seemed to outmanouvre Ferguson.

That goal against Utd canceled out a goal from Macheda in which he handballed, I'd have taken 1-0 if the officials done their jobs properly and Chelsea outplayed them on that day anyway.

Fair enough against Spurs.

Torres was unlucky to hit the post with his volley to begin with. Chelsea aren't Man Utd. Chelsea don't get major decisions "every single year".

Man U haven't lost in the league since Jan 4th? They must have come up against someone magnificent on that date.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Rangers fan but....

Lennon said it's the greatest thing in his career. You not feel a bit embaressed by that?

I recall this. Lee is correct but most referees wouldn't make a decision that impactful in a match that big so early on nowadays anyway.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Rangers fan but....

Lennon said it's the greatest thing in his career. You not feel a bit embaressed by that?

I had the same reaction. Guiding Celtic to the Scottish championship? Yeah great achievment mate, even more impressive when Rangers got hit for a 10 point penalty.

As soon as Jelavic left, you just knew that Rangers weren't going to win the SPL. Thankfully, I be shouting''mon' the hoops'' every Saturday.

How does Man United getting penalties when they shouldn't help Wigan in any way, shape or form? It might be swings and roundabouts for the big teams, but as they win the majority of their games, missing out on three points is nowhere near the percentage of points that little teams miss out on when decisions go against them.

If Wigan get a dodgy decision in their favour when they are 5-0 down to Man City, and one against them at 1-1 with Chelsea, that doesn't balance out at all.

That goal against Utd canceled out a goal from Macheda in which he handballed, I'd have taken 1-0 if the officials done their jobs properly and Chelsea outplayed them on that day anyway.

Fair enough against Spurs.

Torres was unlucky to hit the post with his volley to begin with. Chelsea aren't Man Utd. Chelsea don't get major decisions "every single year".

Unlucky or not earlier in the game, Chelsea scored goals that shouldnt have stood, had Arteta been offside (kind of hard from where he was granted) and scored against City would anybody say "yeah, but Van Persie hit the post earlier so its only fair."?

Chelsea are a big side, they get big decisions go there way as much as anybody else. It's just how it is.

How does Man United getting penalties when they shouldn't help Wigan in any way, shape or form? It might be swings and roundabouts for the big teams, but as they win the majority of their games, missing out on three points is nowhere near the percentage of points that little teams miss out on when decisions go against them.

If Wigan get a dodgy decision in their favour when they are 5-0 down to Man City, and one against them at 1-1 with Chelsea, that doesn't balance out at all.

The bold was my point though, granted I didnt actually say it but I thought I implied it by bringing up Chelsea, who werent involved in the conversation at all up until then, instead of mentioning the things that have gone Wigan's, or QPR's way.

People ride Manchester United for it, more often than not Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City fans. I say that if you look at all those teams chances are it balances out between them. If not over one season then certainly over five. The little teams get shat on, always will, I figured this was just accepted as fact now.

I like Martinez as well, guy is so positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back