Could Jeff Hardy Make a Return to the 'E?

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
As we (the IWC) learn more and more about what happen with Jeff Hardy at Victory Road we wonder how on earth could Jeff make a return to the iMPACT ZONE and look people in the backstage in the eye or even perform in from of the fans in Orlando...

But than I thought, couldn't Jeff Hardy return to the WWE? Jeff's "incident" is only known to the small community that is the IWC so getting over with the fans wouldn't be that difficult to overcome. The only issues I see would be his legal case would put a blemish on his reputation with Vince and creative.

Discuss, if TNA were to rid themselves of Hardy could he reflourish his career in the WWE and put the past behind him? Or do you think Victory Road spelled the end of his career in Professional Wrestling?

There is no way Vince is letting Jeff Hardy walk through those doors. Not for a very long time.

He came back last time after numerous wellness policy infractions telling everyone he was clean. He got back into the drugs (or never actually got clean) ruined his WWE run with 2 more strikes and got himself arrested.

Untill his court case is done and dealt with and has long since blown over in everyones minds (its not just the fans Vince has to deal with, but shareholders and the voting public thanks to his wife) and Jeff Hardy is clean he wont be comming back.

By that time it might be to late for him to be brought back to the WWE in a meaningful way.

If there was any justice the man should not be wrestling until he gets himself clean and dependant on the verdict of his STILL ongoing trial. TNA would have him back, hell I doubt he will even be fired, but I can't see him going back to WWE.

Then again Vince always said he would do right by the fans and we saw that when he brought back Matt Hardy after the Edge debacle, even though he has never been a massive fan of the Hardys.

Business is business at the end of the day and if it draws I expect Hardy could return, but at this point in his life why would he want to. Lighter schedule and the fact that he can pretty much do what he wants in TNA, means no WWE and both parties wouldn't want to at this point in time anyway.

Jeff Hardy is going to have a long, hard crawl out of hell. He was sitting on two strikes with the WWE's three-strike system just before he left and squeaked out just before receiving his third as his arrest for trafficking/possession/intent to sell happened just moments after he left.

He came to TNA and was given the run of his life despite facing serious, serious legal charges that could have left him facing legitimate prison time, and still managed to fuck it up somehow, and worse yet — in the main event of a Pay-Per-View.

Frankly, I'm not sure whether or not WWE would welcome him back, but a lot of his future is going to depend on his willingness not just to get clean, but stay clean, because the media has killed pro-wrestlings ability to escape drug-related deaths since the Benoit tragedy, and Hardy is no exception here. That means any company who does look to bring him in would be taking a very serious risk on the chance he could die under contract with them, which isn't something very many (if any) companies would in fact be willing to do.

For the time being he's still under contract with TNA, but his future is in his hands right now.

If he does get a welcome back to WWE it won't be the one he wants. they are going to bury him big time. And then close the doors on Jeff Hardy, with a futue endeavor.

You're missing out the one key thing here. It doesn't matter how many fans know about the Victory Road incident, the fact that it happened at all is what matters. Hardy is now a disgrace and no self-respecting promoter is going to have him work for them. Certainly not Vince.

Then there's also the dangers of having him work there. Hardy will probably be the next big wrestling name to die and WWE certainly wouldn't want him on their books when that happens.

All I can say is "Bye, bye Jeff Hardy!" Hell NO! Vince will never give him another chance. Two chances and how many times has he had a 30 day or 60 day ban in WWE? I lost count. No doubt, his TLC and Ladder Matches were amazing and the rivalries against The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian were amazing, but, that doesn't change the drugs problem. The only way Vince will let him back, he'll will have to proove he is drug free and has been for some time.

didn't jeff hardy say in an interview that he didn't like working in WWE and RVD said the same thing, i remember reading about it when they posted it on wrestlezone.com? So i don't see why he needs to go back with the problems he got now

Like others here have said, I doubt Vince wants him back. In fact, I don't know if any promoter will want to book him. Which is sad, cos I'm a huge Jeff fan and would love to see him on my TV every week one way or another.

Yes, Vince will do anything for ratings and money, but re-hiring Jeff will definately be a big stretch. I just wish this court case got itself out the way, as Jeff could've already served time and learned from his mistakes, {finally} got straightened out, and perhaps none of this commotion would've happened.

didn't jeff hardy say in an interview that he didn't like working in WWE and RVD said the same thing, i remember reading about it when they posted it on wrestlezone.com? So i don't see why he needs to go back with the problems he got now

You know why they probably don't like working for WWE? The drug and Wellness policy.

Anyway. I can't see Vince ever welcoming Jeff back. After he left in 2009, then had the drug charges, and after the Victory Road debacle, I can't see how Vince ould allow him back. He does nothing for business, he only care's about drug's and pill's, and he need's to go to rehab or get some help.

But, he's only 33. Who know's, maybe he'll turn his life around (sort of like HBK) and become a drug free person. Hell, anything's possible. But until that happen's (if it ever does), I can't see WWE ever aknowleging him anymore.

I know this sounds disgusting and despicable but.... I don't care what happens to Jeff. HE DOESNT DESERVE REHAB. HE DOESNT DESERVE ANYTHING. HE DESERVES TO BE LOCKED UP FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. He doesnt deserve the popularity he gets... he doesn't deserve the career he has had. Rather have anyone even The Great Khali have more of a historic career than THIS PIECE OF TRASH.

didn't jeff hardy say in an interview that he didn't like working in WWE and RVD said the same thing...

Yes, and the reason they said it was because WWE didn't want them to do drugs......and like any 14-year-old, they didn't want anyone telling them what to do. So, they went to TNA where they wouldn't be hassled over their personal choices.

A lot of people are discussing Jeff Hardy as if he's desperate to get off drugs and that he's been trying to get straight but just can't do it. However, I don't think that's so. I think he wants to do his damn drugs and feels perfectly capable of balancing his lifestyle with his job...... an attitude which may (or may not) have changed with the events of Victory Road.

Do I think TNA will fire him over this? No, I don't. They knew what they were getting when they hired him and since he's the one WWE star they took away while he's in his prime, I think they'll do whatever they can do get him working again......even if that means letting him go on the way he has been.

As to the original question asked in this thread; if WWE is stupid enough to take him back under his present circumstances, they'll get what they deserve.

jeff is done he has went from wwe headliner to fired buy TNA what a joke sorry jeff but you screwed yourself

I think Jeff Hardy is pretty much done as a pro wrestler. TNA hasn't fired him yet, but I'm pretty sure they will. They let him get away with a lot of shit since he's been there, because of his talent and especially because he's a very well know star. However he majorly fucked up this time right as TNA is getting better ratings. I don't see how they or any other company could trust him, and I doubt anyone would want to work with him.

There's no way he would get another chance in WWE. I'm sure the news of what happened at Victory Road has gotten to Vince McMahon by now. They couldn't trust him for the same reasons TNA can't. He had drug problems and got fired his first run in WWE. He was given another chance by WWE a few years later, and was on his last chance with their wellness policy.

I highly doubt he'll ever get a third chance with WWE, especially in the current era. They have to keep a clean image to keep certain sponsors, and to keep Mattel as their toy distributor. Not to mention if Linda runs for senate again. The media was blasting her for certain angles and segments that WWE did years ago. They would definitely blast her and WWE for having a drug addict on their roster. I think Hardy will have a very hard time getting a job for a major company again.

Come on be real Vince will most definitely will hire Jeff back, after the legal issues of course.

People talk about the Victory Road debacle getting to Vince well he did hire Jeff back then when he no-showed TNA shows. Jeff was at a point of time as big/popular as Cena and made Vince a ton of money via t-shirts and armbands. Why wouldn't Vince hire someone of that caliber back especially when the WWE is lacking in main event stars at the moment?

As for whether Jeff wants to work with WWE again, that's another story. Matt did said that Jeff was really angry when CM Punk mocked him on TV when he was arrested and never wanted to work with the WWE again. But never say never in the Pro Wrestling business.

As we've seen Vince seems to be more forgiving as he's gotten older. If Jeff can get his act together and stay clean I see no problem with Vince letting him come back one day. Hell Vince offered to help him in the past and many others throughout the years. It's the main reason many ex wrestlers have come back. Vince has said the WWE is a family. Many wrestlers do think this as well. IE Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Steve Austin etc.

It's just the business side of things that upset so many wrestlers. They don't feel they were utilized properly, given a fair chance or others ticked them off. So I can see why some get upset, but in the end it is just business and many realize this. Especially when they get older.

This whole Jeff Hardy issue is a damn shame. Jeff Hardy is an amazing talent, I always enjoy his work. But right now, I don't like Jeff Hardy, I have 0 respect for him. If he was high on some kind of illegal drug during Victory Road, than I hope they send him to jail and rehab. The only way Jeff Hardy will be excepted back into WWE, is if he stays clean for a long time. WWE will want a different Jeff Hardy, because WWE can't help him. WWE tried helping him, instead he lied to his fans saying he was clean. And I don't want to come off as a smark, but CM Punk's storyline statements against Jeff Hardy was true. Jeff Hardy will need to help himself and get and stay clean for a long time before WWE brings him back. Jeff Hardy is a HUGE draw in WWE, not TNA. But WWE would love to get Jeff Hardy back on their roster.

Right now, Jeff Hardy's current state is similar to what I've seen in the past. He is in the darkest days of his life, and he needs someone to help him. HBK's darkest days was from 1996 to 1999. He fixed his alcoholic and drug issue in 1999, becoming a happier man. If he did not fix those issues, you would not have seen him in WWE so soon. The same can happen for Hardy, he just needs to think straight. TNA isn't helping him, they say they are, but they just want him as a moneymaker. WWE didn't exactly help him, but at least they tried getting rid of Hardy's drug use.

Jeff Hardy can return to WWE, if he changes his life style. It's too complex for it to happen anytime soon, and in my opinion, I think Jeff Hardy will end up dead. Because I can't see him stopping his drug use anytime soon either.

As I have said before I can see history repeating it's self and Jeff being fired from TNA giving it a couple of years (maybe after finding god) going back to the WWE and being one of the main eventers.

But that is a long time off and to be honest by the time he does come back (if the above situation actually happens) most people could have forgoten who he is and they would then have to spend time reminding people

Jeff Hardy is going to have a long, hard crawl out of hell. He was sitting on two strikes with the WWE's three-strike system just before he left and squeaked out just before receiving his third as his arrest for trafficking/possession/intent to sell happened just moments after he left.

He came to TNA and was given the run of his life despite facing serious, serious legal charges that could have left him facing legitimate prison time, and still managed to fuck it up somehow, and worse yet — in the main event of a Pay-Per-View.

Frankly, I'm not sure whether or not WWE would welcome him back, but a lot of his future is going to depend on his willingness not just to get clean, but stay clean, because the media has killed pro-wrestlings ability to escape drug-related deaths since the Benoit tragedy, and Hardy is no exception here. That means any company who does look to bring him in would be taking a very serious risk on the chance he could die under contract with them, which isn't something very many (if any) companies would in fact be willing to do.

For the time being he's still under contract with TNA, but his future is in his hands right now.

Great reply...but I am going go one step further. In my opinion, the WWE would NEVER welcome him back. Jeff Hardy has burned all of his bridges with the WWE. As you mentioned, he was already on 2-1/2 strikes, and as he has proven with his behavior, when nobody is watching, he will revert back to his drug abusing ways. You are absolutely correct about the WWE not wanting to take chances, but I think they are going to be so hesitant that it would be an automatic no. I think they fully understand that Jeff Hardy is a ticking time bomb, and would rather have him be employed with another wrestling company when he blows up. Let them get the bad publicity. I don't think they would touch him with a ten foot pole. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Vince has been burned by Jeff Hardy enough where he simply isn't worth it.

Honestly, I think TNA should release him immediately for the same reason. Let him go to ROH so he can implode there instead of in TNA. A ticking time bomb for the WWE is just as much of a ticking time bomb for TNA. If he fucks up on a national media attention scale, could TNA survive the negative publicity/scrutiny? I don't know. Like the WWE, if I were TNA, I would completely wash my hands of him. He isn't worth the potential risk.

Better to let Jeff Hardy be someone else's problem.

the only way i can see mr. mcmahon bringing him back is if he goes through the same rehab program that scott hall is in now

You guys are silly if you don't think Vince would hire Jeff back in the future if he gets his legal troubles squared away. I'm not saying it would be a case of Vince begging Jeff to come back as much as it would be Jeff begging for his WWE job back. He'd definitely be under the microscope at least for a little while. It wasn't like he was fired the last time he left. He quit on his own. I remember hearing that the door was still open for him had he wanted to come back in the future and that certain WWE officials were shocked when he showed back up in TNA because they were under the impression he was going to come back after some time off.

I'm just saying, if Vince thinks he can still make money off of him (which i think he can) he will. If i remember correctly, Jeff was quite popular with the kids (which is kinda sad given his lifestyle i guess).

i think tna may let jeff go soon. if he left, he would have to go to rehab and fix his addiction problems, course, the first step to solving such problems is admitting you have them (and jeff is in denial). jeff returning to the wwe, i dunno maybe. at least he wouldnt get away with substance abuse (drugs and alcohol abuse) since wwe actually tries to take proper care of their wrestlers (sorry had to take a shot at tna for that). i dont know if jeff in the wwe would be the way to go though. not right now, maybe once he fixes these problems of his then maybe.

as far as i'm concerned jeff hardy should be fired from tna and never be allowed into either organization (wwe OR tna) again.

It would be very unwise for Vince/WWE or any wrestling promotion to hire Jeff Hardy right now. He is a huge liability that is not worth the risk. Jeff Hardy needs to just take a step back and get a restart by going to a rehab for his addiction. He clearly has demons that needs to be addressed before he hurts himself or someone else while performing under the influence. Until Jeff Hardy has at least 1 year of sobriety under his belt he needs to be off camera and focusing on himself.

personally, Jeff has turned himself into a disgrace.....he turned down what sounded like at least over a million dollars in a contract and a reduced schedule....just so he could go back to TNA....if he ever comes back it wouldnt be out of the question....alot of you seem to forget WWE is a business....they are a billion dollar corporation or whatever it is,, TNA is not....WWE would never allow for Jeff to go on like that....if he comes back and straightens himself up, he would go back to being the cash cow like he was before...it is a business and there is a reason they struggled to keep him there in 2009...as far as him going back to WWE, the only deciding factor would be Jeff himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back