Rumor: Jeff Hardy Could Return to WWE in Early 2013?

If he came back it would be money for both sides. Hardy was one of the highest-seller in terms of merchandise sales at his highest peak before he left the WWE. I can't remember who it was, maybe Angle, who said if he went back he'd push Punk and Cena for merch sales again. I wouldn't doubt it. Hardy had many problems, but who knows just how many bridges he burned. If the E thinks they can't get one last run out of him, why not? He would be over with the crowd.

If Hardy did want to come back and proved he was clean and rid of all his demons, I could see the E bringing him back just on the money he would make them alone.

If Hardy did want to come back and proved he was clean and rid of all his demons, I could see the E bringing him back just on the money he would make them alone.

The problem is and the issue WWE are well aware of (and Im sure Jeff is well aware of), he was clean and sober for a long time before his last WWE stint. The schedule kills him and as soon as he is feeling that pressure, he will go back to what he knows - drugs.

Now everyone can sit there and say maybe they will give him a light schedule. Sure, I bet they will. But at some point, that light schedule will end with someone saying oh we need you to do this show, just do this one show. Or someone saying such and such is injured can you take this spot? ...soon enough hes back to a regular schedule.

I hope he stays in TNA. I really dont want to see Jeff go back down the path of drugs, hes in a fantastic spot in his life right now.

eff Hardy could have very easily become the second biggest babyface next to John Cena had he stuck around only a little while longer, though as CM Punk so often does (such as when he won the ECW Championship and both Money in the Bank briefcases), he took advantage of another performer's absence to possibly succeed even further than he would have. Hardy might be the top seller in TNA and he might have been one of the best in WWE, but Punk's the only man besides The Rock who's outsold John Cena in recent years. Should Jeff return, I'm confident he'd be in the top five of WWE's babyfaces, but he'd still trail behind Punk and Cena, who at this point hold an enormous lead over Sheamus, Orton, Mysterio and other popular babyfaces.

(By the way, I'm kind of working off the assumption that CM Punk will one day revert back to a babyface, maybe within the next year or two. His heel character is very effective, but his popularity persists in all the smark cities and even among some marks who didn't appreciate him prior to his last face run. While the next year of Punk's career will be dominated by his fantastic heel persona, I think if his body holds up he'll ultimately resume a more long-term role as a top babyface.)

Back to Jeff Hardy, for the sake of competition I rather TNA keep hold of him. I rather not WWE hold all the best cards. Jeff Hardy's an entertaining performer, a solid worker and a top draw that reminds some WWE fans they exist. I rather TNA keep hold of such big names like Kurt Angle, Sting and Jeff Hardy, so they have a firm foundation of veterans upon which to build new stars. Are they always good at doing that? No. Better more recently with the likes of Bobby Roode, James Storm and Austin Aries (all vets to the industry, but only these past couple years have they become main eventers of a mainstream program), but still TNA possesses a shit track record for building new talent.

Love to see him return in the WWE, but it's unlikely. A surprise Rumble entry / winner would be off the charts! As would a new Hardy vs Punk programme.

Highly doubtful. TNA is providing everything Hardy could want at this point, including money. The only thing Jeff would realistically benefit from going back to the WWE would be more money. Otherwise the schedule alone will ruin him. I'm not talking about drugs, I mean in general. Hardy is not your regular babyface. He's of the magnitude of a John Cena and he does FAR more than just wrestle and sign autographs.

At this point in Jeff's life, both personal and professional, it would appear that TNA is the better option. He's making money, he has a lighter schedule allowing him to pursue other professional passions he's into, he can spend more time with his young child and his family in general and the toll on his body is a lot less.

I don't know much about Jeff's personal life to begin with, but basing it off of the little information I have I see no logical reason for Hardy to go to the WWE again. He's already been on top there, he's already done the big Pay-Per-Views and matches.

WWE offers money and money only. Compare that to all TNA offers and the choice is easy. And yes, surprise surprise it's not always ALL about the money. Money is a huge factor and a deal breaker most of the time but you have to take everything else in consideration. In Hardy's case, he doesn't need the WWE at this point and the WWE doesn't need him. Take someone like a Robbie E. or even an Austin Aries then we can talk about realistic chance and logic of him jumping ship. Hardy? Doubt it.

I just wish he'd resign quicker so all the speculation threads are all gone and we can focus to more relevant news. This is another Bully Ray on our hands.

I dunno if he would go, but i to heard the rumours. The guys at tna like it there as its stability, there arent always on the road away from loved ones etc and they can lead normal lives doing what they love, thats part of the problem jeff had in the first place in wwe the strain on the body and mind which probably turned him down a dark route, i doubt it would be about money, he comes across as quite the hippy type and dont think money would out weigh fundamentals

I am skeptical that WWE would hire him back at this point, but if Vince thinks he can make some money off of him I am sure something could be worked out. Jeff has seemingly proved himself to TNA, and I am sure a pay raise and a title win would be enough to keep him around, but if he wants to shop himself to WWE then i say why not? If he thinks he needs one more big contract then he should go for it. I would be happy if he stayed in TNA, but it would be cool to see him have one last run in the WWE.

I don't see Jeff Hardy returning to WWE anytime soon. The reason, well he has done everything in WWE and has now made a mark on TNA and quite honestly, the state of WWE at the moment and the storylines happening that if Jeff were to go back it would in my opinion be bad for him. Not many companies would give Jeff as many chances as TNA have done and I just think that he should stay where he is. Sure money will be a deciding factor but I'm hoping that he resigns with TNA and continues to be the Jeff Hardy that he is and not go back to the WWE version he once was.

I don't kno if its true or not but if it is, he can most likely return to WWE. WWE would sign him back if for nothing more then just a shocker entry in the rumble, or a guest gm role. Honestly I'd like to see him go back because when he was on smackdown I always watched and it was interesting. TNA needs to clean house and then build new stars

I don't kno if its true or not but if it is, he can most likely return to WWE. WWE would sign him back if for nothing more then just a shocker entry in the rumble, or a guest gm role. Honestly I'd like to see him go back because when he was on smackdown I always watched and it was interesting. TNA needs to clean house and then build new stars

So you want them to clean house and build new stars, by letting the person who, by your own account made you watch Smackdown, leave the company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back