Rumor: Jeff Hardy Could Return to WWE in Early 2013?

This is rhetoric. What does this even mean? Are you referring to Victory Road? Yeah, he fucked the fans over, but he's completely re-aligned his career since then. Your refusal to forgive him does not equate to a lack of value.

Agreed. Hardy did something that could have been seen as "unforgivable" in 2011 at Victory Road, but he's since returned and (literally) kept his nose clean. Will Jeff Hardy ever fuck the fans again (by showing up under the influence)? ...it's possible, but so far he's been good (as far as I know). The Impact Zone fans still go crazy for the guy, so one person's opinion (vs. the majority) is pretty much irrelevant. Sorry dude...Hardy might have "walked out" on the fans, but he's made amends with most of his fan base, and most of the fans have forgiven him for that "unforgivable" act at VR.

As far as Jeff returning to WWE, I personally think it would be a mistake on Jeff's part. I can't blame the guy for wanting a bigger paycheck, with a wife and child to provide for...but in my opinion TNA will treat him better as a performer. I think TNA will always treat him as one of their biggest (if not the biggest) babyfaces, plus the travel schedule is so much easier on the Impact roster (compared to WWE).

On the flip side, WWE is floundering with main event level stars right now. When it was first announced that Cena might be out for 4-6 weeks (which has since been changed to 2-3 weeks), I was trying to think of a suitable replacement for CM Punk to fight at HiaC next month. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of another top babyface to fight Punk (sans Orton). Sheamus could have been a viable option, but he's the WHC. Who else does WWE have right now that's considered a main event level babyface other than Cena, Orton & Sheamus? They've really got no one right now (besides the part-timers like Rock, Undertaker, HHH, etc), and Jeff Hardy could be an asset to the WWE right now.

Then again, WWE might treat Hardy in a similar fashion to how they treated the returning Christian when he last arrived in WWE. Hardy might be relegated to the midcard, fighting for either the IC or US Title(s). Then again, that might only last for so long - until Hardy is catapulted back to the main event. If Hardy manages to stay clean this time, he might be able to stay on top of the card at WWE (that is if he returns to the WWE).

I hope this rumor is just that: a rumor, and nothing more. I'd prefer to see Jeff stay at Impact Wrestling, but my opinion doesn't matter at all. At the end of the day, Jeff will decide what's best for him and his family; whether that decision includes money or work schedule will probably be the determining factors.

Bullshit. He is absolutely worth that much to TNA. All you read are reports that he is the top drawing merch guy for them, and all you have to do is watch ANY live event where he walks out. He gets the loudest pop of ANYONE on the roster, Kurt Angle, Joe, etc. included.
Who cares about merch?
wrestlingobserver has reported that WWE.com does orders in the hundreds per day. Say each order is in the 10 dollar range....they're not even doing six figures a month from merchandise and that's the big WWE

WWE should hire hardy back but on insanely strict conditions. No tolerance contract for him at all.

Conditions would be things like:
-Mandatory 1 drug test per week at any random day. And that includes even a tiny trace of alcohol in his system. Drug test includes piss test and blood work.
-Mandatory bag search before entering any arena
-Not alot to no show
-Cannot be late at all
-Will barely make any money off of merch sales. Maybe something insanely low like 1% or less
-Has NO control over his character or how he is portrayed

If he breaks any of these conditions, he is instantly fired without pay. Also, instead of a 90 day no compete clause, it would be atleast 180 days or longer. WWE could also add they will sue jeff if he messes up especially if he no shows a PPV.

If that doesnt force hardy to sober up/stay sober, then say no to him and tell him to rot in TNA.

Who cares about merch?
wrestlingobserver has reported that WWE.com does orders in the hundreds per day. Say each order is in the 10 dollar range....they're not even doing six figures a month from merchandise and that's the big WWE

Um, a company in the money-making business? I suggest you read my thread here on why Hardy was pegged for the BFG main event for more on that.

TNA is in the money-making business. Anything that makes them money, especially something that makes them as much as Hardy has/does is valuable to them. This is simple logic.

True Hardy appeals more to women and children than anyone else on the Tna roster. My take on Hardy is that Hardy will do whatever he wants to do and I'm not sure Tna putting him in the main event of BFG will change that. Hardy received a huge push in his last Wwe run, he won the world title a month before his departure, he main-evented the second biggest ppv of the year, and Wwe reportedly offered Hardy a deal where he didn't have to perform at house shows and not to mention a big pay raise yet he still left when at the time he was the clear number two face of the company. Hardy leaving Tna would be a big loss for Tna as losing your number one merchandise guy certainly isn't good for business.

He was also burned out on performing as much as he was, which factored into his decision to leave in the first place. That's not a factor here, so this boils down to happiness and money. Little-to-nothing else.

Basically:

1. Is he happy in TNA, and is TNA willing to continue the conditions that are making him happy? If so, why leave?

2. Is he making money in TNA, and is TNA willing to match or exceed what he would be asking for? If so, why leave?

WWE should hire hardy back but on insanely strict conditions. No tolerance contract for him at all.

Conditions would be things like:
-Mandatory 1 drug test per week at any random day. And that includes even a tiny trace of alcohol in his system. Drug test includes piss test and blood work.
-Mandatory bag search before entering any arena
-Not alot to no show
-Cannot be late at all
-Will barely make any money off of merch sales. Maybe something insanely low like 1% or less
-Has NO control over his character or how he is portrayed

If he breaks any of these conditions, he is instantly fired without pay. Also, instead of a 90 day no compete clause, it would be atleast 180 days or longer. WWE could also add they will sue jeff if he messes up especially if he no shows a PPV.

If that doesnt force hardy to sober up/stay sober, then say no to him and tell him to rot in TNA.

Lol so..treat Jeff Hardy like a terrorist basicly?

Also btw..WWE has the right in contracts to RANDOMLY drug-screen any competitor at any time they wish, mandatory or otherwise. Also, you can't say he isn't allowed to no-show or be late, because theres situations that extend beyond a persons own control. (I.E Traffic, weather, late flights, canceled flights, incorrectly booked travel by travel companies, etc.)

And if you want Jeff to go under these searches you might want to add
Orton, Bourne, Lawler, and a few other guys to that list as Orton has had regular drug issues, Bourne had senthetic drug issues, and Lawler is known to be a nice drinker. And thats just the guys off the top of my head.

Of course Hardy wants to come back to those "cushy terms" that the E is offering to Rock and Brock etc.

The problem is he is gonna want the same as Jericho etc and it's not worth WWE upsetting the talents they have built over the last 2 years to slot someone with a history of unreliability on a more favourable deal. For him to work he has to be full time, clean and motivated even if he is not main event. To bring him in on any other terms will risk a Ziggler or Barrett or even Sheamus saying "you know what, if he can just come back, I'm gonna go over there for a bit."

Does WWE need Jeff Hardy? I don't think so. As others have already mentioned, the WWE has more than enough star power on the roster. Since Hardy's departure for TNA, Shawn Michaels and Edge retired, but in the grand scheme of things, both loses haven't hurt WWE in a big way. Sheamus is having a very solid reign as the World Heavyweight Champion, and he's over with the fans. You've got Cena and Punk on Raw, and over the past year or so, Punk has shown he can carry the load as WWE Champion. Daniel Bryan consistently receives strong reactions from live crowds, and he is more than capable of being reinserted into any world title picture in the future. You also can't forget about Randy Orton, who still receives strong ovations from any live crowd.

Plus, you can count on Triple H and The Rock to deliver a big money main event match every now and then. And as long as Taker maintains the "one match a year" pattern, Wrestlemania will have a surefire co-main event for years to come.

Lack of star power isn't a problem at all. I can understand Jeff returning for money. His legal troubles obviously hurt his bank account, and WWE can provide the bigger payday.

If he returns to WWE, Hardy working his way back into the main event picture at some point is almost a sure thing. The fans will remember him, and he should receive an enormous pop upon his return. Back in 2008-2009, Jeff's popularity was through the roof, and he sold tons of merchandise, so I'm sure the fans will remember him.

But Hardy might have a more realistic shot at being a consistent main eventer in TNA. Going back to WWE will guarantee a bigger paycheck, but Hardy has strong competition for main event spots. In TNA, Hardy is easily the most over wrestler on the roster. And more importantly, TNA needs Jeff Hardy more than Jeff Hardy needs TNA.

I'd think it would be unwise on his part. Sure the bigger paycheck is tempting, but I said it before I'll say it again, I believe the schedule fucks him up.

On the road constantly for around 300 days a year would be killer and he'd slip back into bad habits, heck he himself has said that he's a home boy, TNA provides that.

If he could do a Jericho and turn up for a few months I could certainly see him doing that, but a regular schedule would probably be to much for him.

He's certainly more benefical to TNA than WWE because they're the smaller company but WWE would also benefit from his appeal as well.

I can hear Daniel Bryan
No No No No No No No

only 1 more strike and he's gone permanently, and would WWE want him back in so politician's can use that against them too lol

whether it's a rumour or not, ofcourse he'd want to return to something that made him a shit load more money, noone over there wouldn't want the money, they don't only "entertain" for the love of it and support themselves with warm fuzzy feelings.

Also btw..WWE has the right in contracts to RANDOMLY drug-screen any competitor at any time they wish, mandatory or otherwise. Also, you can't say he isn't allowed to no-show or be late, because theres situations that extend beyond a persons own control. (I.E Traffic, weather, late flights, canceled flights, incorrectly booked travel by travel companies, etc.)

And if you want Jeff to go under these searches you might want to add
Orton, Bourne, Lawler, and a few other guys to that list as Orton has had regular drug issues, Bourne had senthetic drug issues, and Lawler is known to be a nice drinker. And thats just the guys off the top of my head.

you're an idiot, he's been atleast in appearance sober and with it since that PPV instance with Sting nearly 2years ago and got back into shape, so either he's a really good actor (which he isn't) or he's actually been getting help.

and he's already on 2 strikes (would've been 3 if he didn't quit) so if he came back it'd be 1 strike and your gone anyway unless ofcourse they wipe the slate clean everytime which i highly doubt.

I can hear Daniel Bryan
No No No No No No No

only 1 more strike and he's gone permanently, and would WWE want him back in so politician's can use that against them too lol

whether it's a rumour or not, ofcourse he'd want to return to something that made him a shit load more money, noone over there wouldn't want the money, they don't only "entertain" for the love of it and support themselves with warm fuzzy feelings.

Honestly, I could see WWE wanting him back just for the fact of the Political Campaigns. They could easily point out that 'they let Jeff Hardy leave' while he was under the influence of drugs, and only brought him back once he was 'clean and in good health again' as a way to show the WWE somehow encourages people to overcome their demons, or some bs. All in all, a CLEAN Jeff Hardy coming back to WWE = MONEY and Public Image for WWE. So all they have to lose is Jeff fucking up later on and being done with him for good after that for a few years at least.

The crowd reaction he would get if he turned up at WM29 WOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH It would just be like
~**No More Words**~
AWW MAH GAWD
He could run down assault CM Punk and the crowd would erupt in awe!
The Charismatic Enigma Is Back!

Anyway as my fantasy suggests, he is over massively with the WWE audience
and the kids would be like 'He wears face paint and cool wristbands!'
Lets be Jeff Hardy fans!
And he Swantons CM Punk from the top of a hell in a cell which CM Punk is fighting in against John Cena.

The strikes are reset after the employee leaves and then rejoins WWE, aren't they? Wait here, I'm just going to check to see if it's mentioned in the wellness policy. Hmm. Can't find anything after a quick skim. Unfortunate. Maybe somebody could clear that up for us.

I prefer WWE Jeff Hardy to TNA Jeff Hardy. That sounds silly, I'm aware. It just seems to me that Jeff benefits from a tighter leash - being told what he can and cannot do by agents or writers or Vince. No, Jeff, you can't cover yourself in fluorescent paint. No, Jeff, you can't have your face on the world title belt. No, Jeff, you can't hit five Twist of Fates in one match.

He's valuable to either company. If I had to make a guess, I'd say he'll stick with TNA. Just a hunch.

Remember that Jeff's initial main-event run in late '07/early '08 was ultimately a result of Triple H being high on Jeff at the time. I don't know how that relationship has evolved over the years, but it's worth pondering in terms of a potential Hardy return.

I would honestly love to see it happen. Give the guy a lighter schedule and put him in some big-money matches. If they allowed it for Lesnar, why not Hardy?

The strikes are reset after the employee leaves and then rejoins WWE, aren't they? Wait here, I'm just going to check to see if it's mentioned in the wellness policy. Hmm. Can't find anything after a quick skim. Unfortunate. Maybe somebody could clear that up for us.

Allow me. They aren't. and if you're canned for a third strike you cannot be rehired for a period of at least 12 months and you're back to 2 strikes.

As for Jeff coming back to WWE, like most, I can't say I blame him if he wants to. It's just good business. Jeff is someone that WWE can make good money off of because of that weird charisma he has, and accordingly he'll make more money.

No, but it seems appropriate to treat him as a man who's been unreliable in the past, not only in terms of his substance abuse while under contract, but that he said he'd be returning to WWE after taking time off; then proceeded to join the competition. Yes, before it's pointed out to me, he had a perfect right to do this, but before committing to this guy, WWE would have the brains to demand he commit to them by agreeing to adhere to certain policies, even if they are above and beyond what other employees have to stick to. If he doesn't like the stipulations, he doesn't have to sign the contract.

Can Jeff stay on the straight and narrow? The beauty here is that WWE can use TNA as a testing ground to see if Jeff can stay the course. He's already been (apparently) clean for nearly a year, right? WWE has been able to sit back and watch his progress, at no risk to themselves......taking him back only if they believe he can keep it up.

Of course, in addition to adding a popular performer to their arsenal, WWE might also consider bringing Jeff back because doing so would surely weaken their competition. If Jeff truly is selling more merchandise for TNA than anyone else, WWE is killing two birds with one stone by taking him away.

Due to all that, let's see if TNA allows it to happen. Getting into a bidding war with WWE is a fool's game, but TNA has shown they're well capable of making mistakes.

does anyone know how much money TNA has to be able to offer Hardy? I have no idea, I'm asking, but I don't know if anyone else knows either.
I thought I had read somewhere not too long ago (2-3 months maybe) that TNA was tightening up money wise and not willing to spend like they did. I think it was something to do with Bruce Pritchard. maybe a reason why TNA didn't resign other talent, like Velvet Sky and maybe Devon.
Velvet is an interesting name. I imagine one of the top merchandise sellers for the Knockouts and very over with the fans being really popular, but of course we all know she was not resigned and is no longer there. if TNA is willing to lose Velvet from the Knockouts, what level would that put TNA on in regards to Jeff Hardy?

Some people here seem like they haven't read the WWE Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy...whoever gets a 3rd strike isn't permanently terminated from WWE, he/she just gets fired and can't return for ONE year. Here's the proof (it's at the very bottom on section 15. Penalties):

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp

That's why I believe WWE is willing to take a risk with Orton, so why not Jeff Hardy? WWE can survive a year w/o them...

The WWE would absolutely want Jeff back if he became available. He's over like hell, regardless of company. He makes money, lots of it, in fact, and in the sports entertainment business that's all that matters.

Whether he's reliable or not. My guess is that his partying days are finally behind him and he'll be reliable.

Besides, as much as the WWE says that TNA isn't competition, they are. The lawsuit has got to get under Vince's skin, and if he has a chance to kick TNA's biggest leg from underneath them, he's going to do it, if only for the giant fuck you it would be.

What do I think is going to happen, though....

Jeff is going to sign the largest contract in the history of TNA.

how do contracts work in wrestling, does anyone know? is it similar to sports? this situation with Jeff Hardy, it says his contract is up, early 2013. does that mean TNA will wait until then, and THEN talk about signing a new contract? or is this something where TNA can sign a contract extension with him around now? of course the contract extension if signed now wouldn't start until the older one has expired.

if TNA wants Jeff Hardy to be happy, lets say they are willing to give him a world title run. do they have him win the title at BFG and then hold onto it for months, until he signs a new contract? or do they wait until later in 2012/early 2013 to give him a world title run? he has a title match in October, still 3 months before the end of the year. so if he was to win the world title at BFG in October, could it then be likely he would remain world champion through October/November/December/January/February/plus?

if TNA is planning to give Jeff Hardy a world title run. this could be something they feel they need to do to make him happy and be more willing to sign a new contract. but is this what is really best for TNA?

I guess it depends on how things play out with Aces/Eights story line. right now there are more faces than heels, so it might be better to have a heel champion if it's going to be a lengthy title run, with multiple different opponents to beat. similar to what Bobby Roode did through 2011/2012. I think this worries me a little. could TNA plan on giving Jeff Hardy a lengthy title run (to make him happy/keep him happy) and in order to do that, turn him heel again? I don't think Hardy was that good as a heel, and hope that doesn't happen again. I don't think Hardy heel would be good for TNA.

just some thoughts.

Quite honestly, I don't think I'd ever want to see Jeff Hardy in WWE again. He proved with his numerous wellness violations that's he not capable of being a full-time performer. And with his incident @ Victory Road, he's revealed his weakness on a global stage. While everyone deserves a second chance, if Hardy cannot maintain himself with a much lighter TNA schedule, how can he hope to make it back with WWE? Besides, it's a win-win if Hardy stays with TNA; he gets time off occasionally and still remains relevent to wrestling. He helps the company grow and stays away from the eventual last screw up in WWE. TNA is just a better fit for Jeff Hardy and anyone who's paid attention to Jeff Hardy and his history recognizes that. Chances are if he went back to WWE, he'd be dead inside a year[if he made it that long].

Hell yes, WWE would accept Hardy back, but on very light conditions. Hardy could sign a very similar deal to Rock's, Jericho's, or Lesnar's contract, just for less cash, Jeff needs money, sure, but not the money they get. Here's what would be the LOGICAL thing to do for both party's, sign Jeff to a similar contract to what HBK had, only show up at Raw's and PPV's, maybe the occasional Hometown NC House Show or an SD!. That would make it SO much easier for WWE and Hardy to make it work.

Jeff Hardy Vs CM Punk would be feud of the year, if it were re-lit, hands down. Hardy's contract with TNA expires January 2013 according to Matt's YT, which means Jeff would be cleared to return about Post-Wrestlemania time, which would be PERFECT. Sure, he wouldn't be on the big stage but here's a scenario, Punk defends his title successfully at WM 29 and then he has a match at Raw and defends successfully.

A week later, Punk and Heyman are cutting a cocky promo saying "I've defeated everyone, i'm the Best in the World", all of a sudden, the lights go out and "No More Words" hits, the crowd goes completely INSANE. Hardy comes out, goes completely insane on Punk with hit after hit and Punk and Heyman run away, that would be one of the greatest ways to re-lit a feud, that was ended 3 years ago. Hardy Vs Punk could keep going until Over The Limit or MITB, possibly Summerslam 2013, with some third party involved frequently, kind of like the Punk/Bryan/Kane issue.

Honestly, the drug problem is behind him now, he has a responsibility to provide for his wife and his child and be a good role model for his child. This is a good way to do it, stay sober as he has been and make a triumphant return to WWE.

I would also be very interested in seeing Kane Vs Hardy for the WWE Title, always wanted to see them feud.

As a wrestling fan, I would be glad if Hardy left for the WWE.

Because first I think the WWE lack big time faces outside of Cena, he would be THE guy to challenge him for the spot. Especially with a heel Punk as champ, you bring Hardy back, his old rival, the only one that would be able to defeat and outsmart him. Set this up for Mania. And on the other side, I don't think Hardy ever fitted in TNA. TNA was always been a place for wrestlers and it's better when their roster are dominated by pure mat wrestlers. It's also better when it's an edgier product and having the kiddies chanting for Hardy screw it all up. Plus people like Dixie, Hogan, Bischoff, etc... have a tendency to want to push former WWE guys so it's better for guys like these to stay away of TNA as far as possible to prevent Hogan and Co to go back to these annoying instincts that they have. They did a great job all year to build Storm vs Roode up and it was well done, but at the first sign of trouble, they went back to their former WWE talent favoritism and picked Hardy for the main event for BFG. I cannot stand stuff like this and sooner Hardy, RVD and Anderson are gone, the better.

Honestly, I could see WWE wanting him back just for the fact of the Political Campaigns. They could easily point out that 'they let Jeff Hardy leave' while he was under the influence of drugs, and only brought him back once he was 'clean and in good health again' as a way to show the WWE somehow encourages people to overcome their demons, or some bs. All in all, a CLEAN Jeff Hardy coming back to WWE = MONEY and Public Image for WWE. So all they have to lose is Jeff fucking up later on and being done with him for good after that for a few years at least.

He quit b4 they could test him again, and burned his bridges in the process. the old saying, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me, what's a third time equate to? WWE gave him everything to keep him in the spotlight and 3 times he couldn't handle the requirements of living upto the main event spotlight.

and no any mention of a drug user would be fuel for there fire no matter how petty it was, come on get serious you watch the news don't you, i mean we probably live in completely different countries but governments are goverments and elections are pretty much the same across the "western civilised" world. party A digs through dirt to find any tattles they can on party B, Party B counter tattles with any ammunition they can find or makes up crap about what the opposition will do if they are elected, right up until the election then people decide who's the lesser of two evils, very rarely is it about what they can do to fix issues.

and in Hardy's case they could likely just say it's there fault he got into that condition in the first place.

Anyway they don't need him as others said TNA needs all the help they can get and for some god knows reason he seems to be a draw there, in WWE he wouldn't be on the same level for a long time IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back