Jeff Hardy Ressurected: New TNA World Champion & New Title Belt

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
524949_10151146620496026_832342669_n.jpg

Jeff Hardy did it! 2 years ago, he hit the lowest point of his career and probably the lowest point of any career and TNA history at Victory Road. Jeff returned sober and clean in time for last years Bound For Glory and kicked off his feud with Jeff Jarrett. Various attempts to regain the title fell through, but it was the win at the 2012 Bound For Glory Series that seemed to put Jeff Hardy in perfect alignment to finally redeem himself. He pulled through. The redemption story came full circle as Jeff Hardy successfully defeated Austin Aries to win back the TNA World title. What lies ahead now for the Enigma?

....so?

That's the first thing that came to my mind when Tenay was freaking out over it. This is I think Hardy's third TNA world title. It's not like he never won it before and it's not like he never even won it at Bound For Glory. People expected Hardy to win the title and that's exactly what happened. The redemption stuff felt tacked on too. All of a sudden there was this notion that winning the title would bring him back to the top where he had fallen off a year and a half ago. He wasn't even the main focus of this show, yet he's supposed to be the king of the company again? It was a good match, but the redemption stuff doesn't work for me.

And I care why? I haven't liked anything Hardy did since coming back and I sure as hell don't like him cutting Aries run short. I hate that they went back to Hardy instead of giving Aries the solidifing win he needed as champion and personally I hope the "next" for Hardy is to lose the title to Aries this Thursday and then break his neck on the way out of the building and be off my TV for good...ok maybe not that harsh but really I'm sick of Jeff, sick of his 2nd chances, and really just sick of seeing him.

you knew this was going to happen, and this is what should have happened.
Austin Aries is just not Jeff Hardy level. Aries had a nice little world title run and should be thankful he got that. I'm sure Aries will get a rematch and lose, then it will be time for Aries to fall back where he is better suited, the upper mid card with AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe. he can have good feuds with them.

this is a good story for Hardy. he came back clean and earned this title win. Hardy is a bigger star than Aries and one of the most popular guys in TNA. ratings have been horrible lately, maybe/hopefully Hardy can help with that.

This is a dumb move by tna for MANY reasons. I'll list a few

1. Hardy has proven to be (and not that long ago!) that he's unreliable. It wasn't long ago when he got all drugged up and went down to the ring in that condition.... now he's got the company on his shoulders!?!? Wow.

2. Aries run was horrible. And to no fault of his own. TNA turned him face and gave him the title, then they have him defend it ONCE?? against roode, then he loses it clean to hardy in the midst of a heel turn (..if u can call it that) all the while hardy gets the shit booed outta him during the match

3. What heel is going to challenge hardy for the title?? Roode will feud with king mo. Bully ray isn't a heel anymore (or if he is, tna ruined that). So unless aries challenges for the title again, hardy has no heels to feud with. And on top of that, Hardy and feuds don't really go together. When was the last time the guy had a good feud?? CM Punk in the wwe, thats when.

TNA screwed up big time with hardy winning the gold. Good message to send to the locker room. Do drugs, go to the ring like that and if you're good for a year you can be out top guy. What a disgrace

This was a BAD move.

#1 - After making Aries look invincible against Bobby Roode, he loses to Hardy clean the way he did?

#2 - They did everything to make it look like Aries destroyed Hardy at the end of that match and he loses to the ToF and Swanton? Cmon now...

#3 - I love Jeff Hardy, but this does NOTHING for him and does NOTHING for TNA at all. Aries needed to be champion and needed someone who #1 - speak a helluva lot more than Hardy does to come in and beat him, and #2 - needed to be someone who would make Aries look phenomenal leading up to their match so that when he lost, Aries could still save face.

I think this not only hurts TNA with Hardy winning, but hurts Aries especially as well.

They've killed Aries' momentum by doing this, I felt a win at BFG could have helped him turn fully heel and lead to more main events against Jeff, that could still happen of course, but I think they should have kept the strap on Aries for now.

Hardy won as most of us expected, and I still thought BFG was a pretty darn entertaining show. The problems I had with it basically stem from the results of most of the matches. I don't care if they carry "star power" or not, putting nearly all of the straps on a bunch of former WWE guys makes your product (as well as your homegrown talent) look weak. TNA needs to get out of Orlando more often. It forces them to base their product on the opinions of a bunch of theme-park dwelling pseudo-fans rather than the broader spectrum of consumers.

some of you have heart...

some of you are heart...less...

some of you are marks...

some could use some mark...ness

its business i get it...but yeah...f...jhardy.

you can only blow it so many times....before youre a sucker.

Wow, TNA just keeps getting dumber and dumber. You gave the title back to Crack Hardy. Aries deserved and needed the win more. I hate that Hardy is champion again, even though I figured it would happen. I dont care how much "star power" he has or whatever, he doesnt deserve the be the champion. I haven't like Jeff since he embarrassed the company and don't believe hes changed, I'm just waited for him to screw up again. Jeff hardy is a joke and now the world title is too.

some people need to stand up and not be on their knees in front of Austin Aries. he's not a main eventer.
when a big number of casual fans don't know who the guy is with the world title, that's a problem.
it was just a matter of time before Hardy won the title again, but if it wasn't Hardy it should have been multiple other guys who should have had the title over Aries.

I'm with KB on this. So?

I get that TNA was going for something of a feel good moment here, something to send the crowd home happy. Nothing wrong with that, but anybody that's watched TNA since Hardy won the BFG Series had to see this coming.

As for all the talk of redemption? Meh. I dunno, it just doesn't really strike a chord with me. Jeff Hardy is somebody that really doesn't excite me all that much anymore.

However, I do understand why TNA put the title on Hardy. While there are always going to be questions & speculation by online fans regarding his past with drugs, Hardy is probably the top money maker for TNA right now. With his contract due to expire sometime next year, I'm sure TNA wants to do whatever they can to try and keep him with the company. Giving him a significant run with the title might be one of those things.

This is Jeff Hardy's third time as TNA World Heavyweight Champion. He's held the title twice and has been a World Champion two other times in WWE. None of his title reigns have been at all memorable with the exception of how overall lackluster they were. I don't have high hopes for Hardy's run because of that, but one can always hope.

I like everyone else saw this coming, and after all of the redemption I am not sure where hardy will go next. I kinda feel like Aries got the short end of the stick here, and I can only hope we get a rematch out of this. I agree with jack Hammer that all of Hardy's title runs were lackluster, and I think they would have fared better leaving the belt on Aries a little longer. I see why TNA put the title on hardy here, but just a little disappointed in Aries run.

My thoughts on this are wow, that camera angle really makes the audience look small. I hope it's the camera angle at least, that looks like one level of seating. Not the biggest arena Jeff's won a title in.

Jeff Hardy hasn't excited me even since his heel turn at BFG 2010. From there, he had a failed, heel run, a drug problem, a disappearance from television, a comeback that took a back seat to two other storylines, and now he won the title again? I don't know... I mean, it's probably good for business. The guy is uber-popular and probably always will be. And the match that him and Aries had last night was pretty good. But Jeff's star has dimmed a bit, in my eyes.

Oh, well. I can't change what happened so I guess I'll just sit back, relax, watch Impact this Thursday, and pray that this is going somewhere.

I'm not sure I agree with this decision. Hardy is popular so putting the belt on him could be good for the federation financially, however it put Aries' run at the top to an abrupt end. Hardy is very over and would be with or without the title, Austin Aries should have retained. A retention against someone like Jeff Hardy would have benefited him greatly, and after his excellent X Division Championship run he deserved better than this. The only justification in this title change is that now a Bound For Glory series winner has gone on to win the belt at the biggest show of the year.

I'll still give this title reign a chance, although I think Aries needed the retention. TNA really seemed to be getting behind him as a top guy on a more permanent basis, this is going to hurt his momentum and I fear he might get lost in the shuffle when others like Storm or Roode return to the world title scene. We'll just have to see what happens on Impact this week. The win also did not come off as big of a deal as it should have, whereas I'm certain that Aries retaining would have been a better ending to the show.

People are forgetting this is the end of his road to redemption.

Yes Aries needed the win more in the sense he needed to legitimise himself, but at the same time this was Hardy's feel good moment.

Think about it, he hit rock bottom last year and had to work his way back to the top, proving to the fans and his contempories that he could stay on the straight and narrow. Winning the world title shows that he's got there.

I do hope that Aries is able to come back and stay looking strong but this just seemed like a better ending.

Austin Aries dethroned Booby Roode. Think about the face momentum that could and should have given him. On top of that, he also stood up for the company against Aces and Eights, including fighting through an arm injury at one point...yet Hardy was just more over as a face.
The newly heel Aries got a much better reaction last night, to the point that he got more cheers than Hardy. He's so over as a heel, they can capitalise on it by building him up as a top heel and maintaining his momentum so his next face run is better. Having the belt on your top merch seller while you do that is just smart business.

I believe this is done more to setup for the next champ. Bully Ray. They have a rich history and they can capitalize on that and it will be fun. Hardy is at a higher level then "The Greatest Man that ever lived" but what they could also do is have a heated rivalry between the two much like Randy Orton and Christian where the title switched hands a few times. This will elevate Aries and provide him with another long term rival which he doesn't seem to have.

Jeff Hardy deserved this win. He paided his dues and won the title from a great wrestler in Austin Aries. Alot of people are forgetting that Aries as great as he is provides no drawing power as a face. He also had no oppenents as a face. Add in Aries is far better as a heel! This was the right decision and alot of people are letting personal feelings get in the way of good business.

Many of you are being pretty harsh about this and I don't understand why. It's not like he's Cena and has won over and over before. It's only his third time and let's not forget to see him turn his life around, well this is icing on the cake for him. Even in TNA, it's the ladder effect. You get to the top, you get bumped back down. It's not such a big deal. Soon enough Jeff will lose to someone else and be forgotten, everyone will whine about that and so on. It's a vicious cycle.

Great I can't wait for all of the memorable Jeff Hardy promos that I will have to sit through week in and week out on Impact. :rolleyes: Impact Wrestling where we take two steps forward to take 100 steps back. They NEVER should have taken the title off of Roode. Aries could have won it later on down the line. He would have been a good heel to take the title off of Storm at Slamiversary 2013. TNA rushed to give Aries the title and then did nothing with him

The TNA fans only have themselves to blame, the fact that he sells the majority of merchandise and put the most fans in the stands is the reason he has been given the belt. If everyone complaining actually supported the company by buying merch etc for other wrestlers instead of sitting behind the keyboard complaining things might be different.

Hey guys just signed up to put my thoughts across.

I used to watch TNA back in 2008 and only recently started watching again - Near end of BFG series.

Anyway always been a fan of Hardy since the world wildlife federation days TLC matches etc.

However since watching again I have gradually started liking him less and less - I was happy when he one the series but since then its all gone downhill.

I started to realise how limited he is has like 3 moves and just twists of fates everyone a zillion times - its really boring.

He is not even doing any crazy stunts now which is how he managed to get around being a pants wrestler in the past.

Then from what I read "may or may not be true" that he threatening to leave and they are bribing him with the title etc makes me loose respect seen as they are the company that given him a chance after victory road. (I don't hate On him for using drugs and people who do are hypocrits but turning up in that state was disgraceful)

On top of that the rubbish Feud with AA - most of the fans at BFG were booing Hardy as it was predictable he was going to win and use he standard move set hes been doing in every match for last 3 months.

For the first time I was upset Hardy had won the match what happens from here will determine my view on Hardy.

Hardy is a BIG draw, and this move, while shit for wrestling fans. Was good for business, and at the end of the day, that's all wrestling is anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back