Jeff Hardy Re-Signs with TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy has signed a new contract with IMPACT WRESTLING. The former TNA World Champion is certainly a household name and one of the most popular wrestlers in the history of the sport.* TNA is excited Jeff will continue to be part of the TNA family and our incredible roster.

Tonight, Jeff will be kicking off #IMPACTonPop and we expect the former Champion to have some things to say to his brother after the way Matt Hardy became World Champion last week.

http://impactwrestling.com/jeff-hardy-re-signs-with-impact-wrestling/

—

Maybe I was wrong, KB, and you’ll end up with your Hardy v. Hardy for the title business after all? From what I’ve read he’s still intending to have surgery on his leg, so he’s probably out for months, but if TNA really puts their head down and barrels through with this Matt Hardy as champion thing, I could see them trying to extend it to BFG or whenever they think Jeff might be back in action.

I think Jeff Hardy will cause Matt Hardy to lose the TNA title back to EC3 by Slammiversary then feud with Matt until BFG.

I'm actually disappointed with this.

I like Jeff a lot and I feel both he and Matt could do some good if they went back to WWE right now both as a tag team and as singles competitors.

However Jeff's getting older and he's got kids now so he's probably looking out more for his health and well being moreso than anything else. Plus WWE giving him the contract that would be good for him (limited dates/house shows) is slim

Hopefully TNA utilise him well because if they don't it'll just make me wish he went to WWE.

Jeff's surgery is expected to keep him out of action until late 2016 I read. Add there the new contract and Jeff Hardy won't be coming back until after 2018-19 at least.

Good for Hardy, because TNA is the place where he gets to be the #1 guy. A return to the WWE would be nice, but I don't know if Jeff can fit in today's roster as a singles competitor. Plus the fact that he's in his late 30's and for how long can he keep up wrestling with his daredevil style? Could he even stand WWE's full time schedule? I doubt they'd give him a part time one.

So, good for Jeff.

http://impactwrestling.com/jeff-hardy-re-signs-with-impact-wrestling/

—

Maybe I was wrong, KB, and you’ll end up with your Hardy v. Hardy for the title business after all? From what I’ve read he’s still intending to have surgery on his leg, so he’s probably out for months, but if TNA really puts their head down and barrels through with this Matt Hardy as champion thing, I could see them trying to extend it to BFG or whenever they think Jeff might be back in action.

I'm not at all shocked because, as always, TNA lives to see how far they can stretch nostalgia. Fans loved the Hardy Boys back in the day, so maybe they'll pay to see them fight sixteen years after their peak. It doesn't matter who else they have on their roster because they've got the Hardys. People loved them once so they'll be loved again.

Hence why TNA is on its third network in three years and has gone from two million viewers in 2010 to less than 300,000 in 2015.

Kind of disappointed as a fan because I really thought he would be back in WWE next year but for Jeff Hardy it is the right move. If he is still clean from drugs then TNA is the best spot for him because it has kept him on that path. The schedule isn't nearly as hectic for him and he gets to be with his brother now which makes things a little more enjoyable I would imagine. He has been one TNA's main guy for most parts of the last decade and a bit so I think it's a good move.

As for Hardy v Hardy. It can't be any worse than their last feud in the WWE so at least we have that to look forward to.

Jeff's surgery is expected to keep him out of action until late 2016 I read. Add there the new contract and Jeff Hardy won't be coming back until after 2018-19 at least.

Good for Hardy, because TNA is the place where he gets to be the #1 guy. A return to the WWE would be nice, but I don't know if Jeff can fit in today's roster as a singles competitor. Plus the fact that he's in his late 30's and for how long can he keep up wrestling with his daredevil style? Could he even stand WWE's full time schedule? I doubt they'd give him a part time one.

So, good for Jeff.

Wait, what? How do you figure this? He's having surgery to repair whatever went wrong in his leg that is expected to keep him out until late 2016, so how is it he won't be back until 2018-19? He'll be back at the end of the year.

Or do you mean he won't be going to WWE until 18-19?

I'm not at all shocked because, as always, TNA lives to see how far they can stretch nostalgia. Fans loved the Hardy Boys back in the day, so maybe they'll pay to see them fight sixteen years after their peak. It doesn't matter who else they have on their roster because they've got the Hardys. People loved them once so they'll be loved again.

Hence why TNA is on its third network in three years and has gone from two million viewers in 2010 to less than 300,000 in 2015.

Well, at the same time, Jeff is probably their most marketable star right now while they rebuild beneath him in EC3 and others. So I can understand not wanting to lose all those pieces, considering they've lost Hogan, Sting, Styles, Joe etc. all in recent years.

Wait, what? How do you figure this? He's having surgery to repair whatever went wrong in his leg that is expected to keep him out until late 2016, so how is it he won't be back until 2018-19? He'll be back at the end of the year.

Or do you mean he won't be going to WWE until 18-19?

Well, at the same time, Jeff is probably their most marketable star right now while they rebuild beneath him in EC3 and others. So I can understand not wanting to lose all those pieces, considering they've lost Hogan, Sting, Styles, Joe etc. all in recent years.

Rebuilding, rebuilding, rebuilding.

They're ALWAYS rebuilding and do you know why? It's because they keep going with people like the Hardys and Hogan and Sting instead of pushing new people. Yeah they gave Carter the World Title for a while, and now it's on Matt Hardy, likely now only due to the tournament. I'd buy this theory if I believed for a second that the rebuilding process wasn't just a way to fill in time until they can push Jeff to the moon all over again and put everyone else back down when he's back.

Nah, they're pushing new people. EC3 was just champion. Eli Drake, the Wolves, Tigre Uno, Bram, etc. are all on television nearly every week now. It's a slow go because they've lost so much, but I do agree that they do seem reluctant to give the ball to many of them at once. EC3 seemed to get the push that Bram, Drake and others didn't. At least they haven't yet.

I also can't deny that Jeff will probably hold the title again at some point between the end of this year and next year.

Nah, they're pushing new people. EC3 was just champion. Eli Drake, the Wolves, Tigre Uno, Bram, etc. are all on television nearly every week now. It's a slow go because they've lost so much, but I do agree that they do seem reluctant to give the ball to many of them at once. EC3 seemed to get the push that Bram, Drake and others didn't. At least they haven't yet.

I also can't deny that Jeff will probably hold the title again at some point between the end of this year and next year.

They're pushing some people, but looking at the list you gave (which I know isn't exhaustive), we have:

A midcard tag guy, a perennial tag team (thank goodness), the head of the least interesting X-Division of all time and a guy who is in roughly the same spot he's been in since he's debuted.

That's more along the lines of just having new people around instead of actually pushing them. They just had a three month long tournament and it was two names we already had seen. Carter is about it and now it really seems like he's dropping down to get back towards Matt on the top. If Matt Hardy being pushed is their big idea, they deserve what they get.

Well, define "push" for me. If push, to you, means having to be thrust into the main event, or given a run at any given championship by default, I'm not sure I agree. Galloway was given a major push last year, and probably will culminate in a title shot (considering he won the Feast or Fired briefcase with it) this year. Was he not pushed because he didn't challenge earlier?

I'm no happier than you are that Wrong Hardy is champion, and that Tyrus is still the #1 contender and that we're still revolving, at least at the top, around guys with dimmer futures than the youngsters behind them. But that doesn't necessarily mean that TNA isn't pushing those youngsters. They're just not pushing them as hard or as fast as you may like.

TNA isn't in the same position as WWE. WWE can do whatever they want because they do not need to grow. They are financially secure and have no problems drawing a good crowd when it matters.

TNA has to focus on growing. They need to think long term, while WWE doesn't have to do that as often. That is why I hate this signing. They need to move on and create something new. I get the need to have someone who fans know so they can use him to help build up others guys but he has been there for years and is beyond the point of helping TNA grow their audience. Sure he might help for the short term (maybe he'll draw a few extra people) but in the long term, he doesn't help at all. I never understand why TNA feels the need to rely on these guys when the time could be used for building new ones. It's not like losing Jeff Hardy would cause a massive loss of fans.

I think Jeff is making the best decision for his family ... but I will never understand why he walked from the E when he did. He was the top face in the company and really at the top of his game and he walked from the biggest platform ... I don't get it.

I think that Hardy is important for TNA right now with all the talent that they have lost in the last few years. If they could be the second-tier and have kept guys like AJ, Joe, Lethal, Daniels and Kaz and been players enough to bring in Devitt, Steen, Nakamura, Aries, and Cesaro they could have really made a run. It is clear that the Internet has a much larger influence on wrestling than it ever had before, and a real roster of talent like that could have pushed them to very large heights.

They just seem to have missed the boat somewhere. Not pushed the right people. Signed the wrong people. Had a little bad luck. And somehow they have almost become irrelevant.

It is really sad to see, because when they had Angle and Joe going at it and Styles around they could have grown so much, but, like so many other wrestling institutions, they fell victim to star and name power of the past instead of branding and keeping their own.

Hardy is just another in a long line of TNA chasing past glory instead of figuring out a way to get future glory.

I think Jeff is making the best decision for his family ... but I will never understand why he walked from the E when he did. He was the top face in the company and really at the top of his game and he walked from the biggest platform ... I don't get it.

The way I read it, Jeff had the same attitude that so many teenagers have today--- he didn't want anyone telling him what to do.

Specifically, WWE was trying to curtail his use of drugs, and when TNA gave him a clear path to do whatever he wanted, Jeff bolted.

Of course, TNA came to regret that action after Jeff screwed up a main event spot at a PPV against Sting. At that point, he might have even realized he had been treated like a 14-year-old by WWE because he had been behaving like one.

Perhaps Jeff also liked the lesser work rate at TNA. To that, I would say someone as young as he......who was making tons more money than he could in a regular occupation......should have been working as hard as he could to build his financial future while his body was still able.

He re-signed with TNA because he can make just as much working select Indy shows while with TNA as he would in the WWE grind. The fees he commands in the indies are near ridiculous. However, he gets paid.

I think he is OK in TNA, but yeah, I wish he finished up his career in WWE, he really desrves it. Whatever makes him happy I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back