Jeff Hardy Ressurected: New TNA World Champion & New Title Belt

all the talk about Jeff Hardy's custom title belt, for what? Jeff Hardy tonight with his custom face title belt, and the TNA heavyweight title belt. interesting. so I guess the TNA heavyweight title belt is the official belt, and his face belt is meaningless?

seems like it. but that would be even dumber than the hardybelt on its own already is, it devalues the original belt and hardy seems like an egomaniac because he has his hardybelt with him.....

all the talk about Jeff Hardy's custom title belt, for what? Jeff Hardy tonight with his custom face title belt, and the TNA heavyweight title belt. interesting. so I guess the TNA heavyweight title belt is the official belt, and his face belt is meaningless?

The custom belt was meaningless to begin with.

I get both arguments.

1. With both belts, you also showcase the original championship, and you have Hardy's monstrocity to accent his "individuality". (I swear, this guy is like a 16 years old emo boy who's trying to do anything and everything to shove his newfound "identity" in everyone's faces.)

2. BUT, if you're gonna have the original title as well, what the FUCK is the point of the Hardy belt? Only as decoration? Decoration meant to signify Jeff as the Champion? Fine, the idea of a decoration is badass, but why a belt? Why not new gear? Gear he sports only when he's a Champion? Cool ain't it? You've been wrestling in the same pants since 1999 for fuck's sake!

I just .. don't .. like .. custom .. belts. Get rid of the thing! Have Aries shit on it or something. Melt it and make a ***** out of it and fuck Hardy with it. (Vince Russo just jizzed) I don't care.

Either way, custom belt or not, I need to give TNA and Hardy props on something. It impressed the hell out of me and I LOVE things like that.

The short sequence with Hardy walking through the hall and us being able to hear his thoughts, essentially. I know the purists are going to hate it but I thought it was such a cool idea. Personally, I love realism and all that, but at the same time I realize that this is a wrestling SHOW, a TV SHOW, a TV PRODUCTION and in TNA's attempt at adding reality TV elements, they often forget about the TV elements.

This little addition to the program helped me like and support Hardy all that much. I just enjoyed it and I hope they keep on doing it. Jeff's a weirdo, why not add this to his pallette. It's fresh and they didn't go crazy stupid nuts with it like the WWE did with Hornswoggle disappearing into a painted hole in the wall or a separate fucking dimension existing under the WWE ring. God that company fucking sucks ...

And I also dig the new/old lenses. I knew he was using them for Twitter images years ago and I thought they were extremely cool. Tonight I saw them in action and it's sweet how little elements like that add so much. I remember Rey Mysterio used to have those in different colors depending on the gear and it was SO FREAKING COOL!

All Jeff needs is some fresh gear and maybe paint his hair pure white or some shit. This guy used to change his looks ALL the time. His hair was blue, purple, red, orange, green, black. I really think one of the reasons why he got over so much back in the day was the way he dressed and looked. Wrestlers these days underestimate the power of a good look or an accessory. It's such a pity, I'm SO big on the way wrestlers look and Jeff understands the importance and nailed it. It's so .. damn .. crucial. Not just muscles, everything. From the color of your hair, to the style of your gear, the color of your gear, your elbowpads - literally everything. I wish more people would pay attention to it. Aesthetics are a forgotten art. Doesn't have to be flashy, just effective.

Yeah, I wondered that myself when I saw Hardy come out with both belts (the "real" WHC, and his custom belt). At the end of the show, it became pretty obvious why he had both belts. It was only so Aries could come out and take the "real" title at the end of the show. If that was going to happen, then Hardy wouldn't have come out with the "real" title at all (kind of like last week, when he came to the ring with only his custom title).

Maybe TNA doesn't want the fans to forget about the "real" title either, I have no idea. Either way, it seemed to me that the only reason the "real" title was brought to the ring last night by Hardy was so Aries could walk around with it until next month's PPV. I doubt Jeff gives a crap about the "real" belt (kayfabe or otherwise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back