Chris Benoit- What to do about Mr.Benoit!!!

Should WWE mention certain things about Benoit

• Yes, at least mention him in certain things that he did.

• No, he doesn't deserve even that

• Split decision

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
It has been 8 years since Mr.Benoit allegedly killed his self,his wife,and his son.

Now,whether we have all the facts or not. I have to agree with WWE distancing their selves from him.

However, I think the time has come to mention him and un-erase him from history.

Now, I am not saying start talking about how great he is or making a big deal about him or even having superstars mention him on TV or nothing crazy like that.

What I am talking about is not bypassing his name when bringing up certain stuff. For example when WWE mentions WrestleMania 20, they should stop treating Goldberg/Lesnar and Kane/Taker as the MAIN event and stop referring to the main event as just a triple threat for the WHC.

The more WWE does this, the more attention they bring to their selves and Benoit.

I feel that he should be mentioned when talking about certain things and not completely erased.

Stuff like The Radicalz (with Benoit),WrestleMania 20 main event (with Benoit),also mentioning his matches in WWE.com articles when talking about good matches,RR win and record (mentioning Benoit) should be acknowledged.

Other than that stuff I wouldn't mention him or the tragic incident. I also damn sure wouldn't induct him in to the Hall Of Fame.

I know I will get alot of heat for this thread, but I felt I should keep it real.

You're one of those guys that think it was Kevin Sullivan or someone else who killed them aren't you??

Honestly I think they should at least acknowledge things like The Radicalz, him winning the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 20 and being the person that Randy Orton beat for his first World title reign but that's about it. I get that trying to erase him from history isn't going to happen and in part trying to do it draws attention to him but even so WWE would get a load of (possible) backlash by even mentioning his name in passing, the guy did kill his wife and child.

You're one of those guys that think it was Kevin Sullivan or someone else who killed them aren't you??

Honestly I think they should at least acknowledge things like The Radicalz, him winning the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 20 and being the person that Randy Orton beat for his first World title reign but that's about it. I get that trying to erase him from history isn't going to happen and in part trying to do it draws attention to him but even so WWE would get a load of (possible) backlash by even mentioning his name in passing, the guy did kill his wife and child.

Your kind of right, but kind of wrong. I am doing my own bit of research before I make my final opinion and have been for year. Right now, every thing adds up on the Sullivan part, but also everything on Benoit's part adds up. Right now I don't know who to believe.

But on the second part it looks like were on the same exact page.

What WWE does is fine. It only brings more attention from people whose opinions don't matter, the current loyal fans.

And regardless, they're just covering up for Cena as the real killer.

His wrestling legacy isn't even that great. He was a solid worker, he had nearly no charisma, he just came up in a time where people actually bought into "technical masters," as in, he was REALLY beating them up, even though wrestling is a work. People do it with Daniel Bryan, too, they call him technically great, even though he's not really fighting. So, we have Chris Benoit, average worker, and we have Chris Benoit, wife and child murderer (which probably stemmed from a massive manic breakdown from his TBI).

Ignore him, never mention him on WWE programming, and never ever ever ever recognize him for anything.

We can give all the opinions we want to give but the truth is WWE isn't gonna bat its eyes about it. The company isn't just being run by Vince McMahon and his family, it got sponsors from all around the world and none of them would want WWE to mention Benoit's name again.

Don't you remember WWE fired Emma as an immediate effect when she accidentally alleged with a theft of mere $100 IPhone case? They fired her just for this ignorable petty theft so obviously how they'll ever mention Chris Benoit's name ever again?

That guy does deserve respect for his career but not for the actions he had done in his real life (or he's been accused of) Life worth more than a career.

Cheers!!

Since none of us where there 8 years ago when the murders and suicide happened, I'll go with the official police findings. They are that the killed his wife on Saturday and his son the next day, before hanging himself in his weight room.

So with regards to Chris Benoit, he's a scum-bag, point blank. Whether this was caused in part due to steroid abuse, as some have said, it still happened. And I just can't believe that he would allow someone like Kevin Sullivan, who was a whole state or two away, to kill the two people closest too him.

And you spent a year investigating this. What is there to investigate?

Sigh. Occam's razor man. The least complicated explanation is the most likely. That and the police in Georgia concluded Benoit was the killer. As a publicly traded company, WWE can't celebrate or acknowledge a man who slaughtered a child, even if there's some evidence pointing to the contrary, no matter how great of a guy anyone thought he was before.

He was my hero too damn it, but it looks like he murdered his family. The world isn't ready for conversations about mental illness as they pertain to men who commit acts like Benoit most likely did.

So here's the facts: the police concluded he was the killer, so he will never be acknowledged on WWE programming again. His legacy isn't so great that he can't be avoided. It would be a different story if we found out tomorrow that Hulk Hogan was a cannibal or John Cena was a child molester. Those men have giant unavoidable careers, whereas Benoit has a skipable Rumble win and Mania main event.

These Benoit threads get us no where. His rabid fans want his career honoured regardless, the majority of us look at it logically. You want to relive Benoit's career? Do it on YouTube or Daily Motion brother, he ain't going to be on WWE anything ever again.

Since none of us where there 8 years ago when the murders and suicide happened, I'll go with the official police findings. They are that the killed his wife on Saturday and his son the next day, before hanging himself in his weight room.

So with regards to Chris Benoit, he's a scum-bag, point blank. Whether this was caused in part due to steroid abuse, as some have said, it still happened. And I just can't believe that he would allow someone like Kevin Sullivan, who was a whole state or two away, to kill the two people closest too him.

And you spent a year investigating this. What is there to investigate?

These facts

1) Chavo Guerrero – a close friend of Benoit- told WWE magazine that he talked to Chris for while on Friday night on his house phone. About 45 minutes into the conversation, Chris told him that there was somebody knocking at his door and he was going to see who it was. Shortly after Chris answered the door, there was a “scuffle” and then his house phone line went dead. Chris could only be reached on his cell phone about 3 hours later. This is very significant. This explains why there was no forced entry. Chris let the killer or killers in.

2) After Chavo reached Chis on his cell phone, he said that Chris sounded very odd, groggy and tired. He also said that Chris told him “I Love You Chavo” which sounded forced. The WWE also said that when Chris called in and told them that Nancy and Daniel were sick he did not sound like himself. He sounded groggy. Chris then said “I Love You” which they say was out of context because he usually didn’t say this.

3) Chris Benoit’s cell phone is missing. The police cannot find his cell phone or the needles they say Chris used to inject himself with steroids shortly before he died. The police have turned his cell phone off.
4) Chris was not hanging from the weight machine, he was laying on the floor underneath the machine. Another officer said that Benoit was “slumped” against the weight machine.

5) There was a white cloth wrapped around Chris’ neck. If he was so suicidal why would he care if his neck was bruised?

6) The medical examiner says that Chris Benoit died on Saturday. The text messages were sent on Sunday. Chris was already dead so who sent the text messages? It is noted that nobody talked to Chris on Sunday.

7) The steroids found in Chris’ house were not in his body.

8) If Chris’ had murdered his family then why did he need to text people? Think about it. Everybody was dead. Nobody would hear him talking so why text? Calling would have been easier. (I believe the killer text Benoit’s address to get somebody to come to the house to find the bodies)

9) Chris sent Chavo a text message telling him his address. Why would he do this? Chavo already knew were Chris lived. He spent the previous weekend with him.

10) Chris’ body was badly de- composed, about the same as Nancy’s. This shows he died sooner than Sunday.

11) Why would he tie up Nancy to kill her? He was a big guy. He could have just hit her one good time and she would have been out.

12) Ray also told me that the world press is reporting the manner of the deaths wrong. He says that Daniel was shot in his head and Nancy was shot in her chest.

13) Chavo said that the Chris Benoit seemed “worried” about something but he could not get Chris to open up and tell him why he was worried.

14) There was no Bible besides Chris’ body. Why would he place a bible beside Nancy and Daniel and not place one beside his own if he knew he was about to take his own life?

15) There were 10 empty beer cans and an empty body of wine besides Chris’ body. He tested negative for alcohol.

16) The toxicology confirmed that Chris had Hydrocodone (pain killer) Xanex (anti-anxiety drug). I have used both of these. These 2 drugs combined will sedate Chris and make him very sleepy. So he could not fight back.

17) The police originally said that Daniel died on Friday because his body was badly de-composing. This supports my belief that all 3 died on Friday night. The police changed the manner of Daniel’s death 3 times. 1st he died from a garbage bag, 2nd he died from a choke hold, 3rd he was smothered by a pillow. Why would they keep changing?

18) The police kept changing the location of where Nancy’s body was found. 1st she was found in the downstairs family room. 2nd she was found in the upstairs bedroom. 3rd she was found in the house office.

19) Chris’ father said that Chris called him on father’s day and told him that he wished he could spend more time with his family but he had to work. One of Nancy’s friend says that Nancy Loved Chris and she had no plans to leave him.

20) Retired Wrestler Bam Bam Bigalow died 1-19-07. Sherry Martel died 6-15-07. The Benoit family died 6-22-07. Since this family died, 2 other wrestlers have died. (Brian Adams and Johnny Crush in July and August 07) Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian Pillman all died the night before they were set to win title belts. Sherry Martel’s death is even more suspicious to me. Sherry Martel had ties to Nancy Benoit’s ex-husband Kevin Sullivan. The circumstances surrounding her death have not been released.

21) Kevin Sullivan told Chris Benoit that he would kill him. Kevin is currently a high ranking member of a satanic cult. Kevin is also on the WWE Board of Directors. Kevin Sullivan also had motive to kill Daniel Benoit because he was Chris and Nancy’s offspring. Retired wrestler Dusty Roads said that “he danced with the devil” when working with Kevin Sullivan who is known as being Cold-hearted and conniving. The Benoit family was murdered on the 10-year anniversary of Nancy’s divorce from Kevin Sullivan.

22) Nancy Benoit’s death was posted on the internet, 14 hours before her body was found.

23) Weeks before he died, Chris Benoit’s colleagues said that Chris began taking alternate routes to and from work and back to his house. Chris and Nancy believed that somebody was following them. Chris’ friends dismissed his worries as paranoia.

24) The Benoit family was murdered the same week that the WWE had a story line of “Who killed Vince McMahon.”

25) The Wikipedia story that came out a day before the bodies were discovered were traced back to WWE Headquarters.

26). The man who sneaks in my room at night and touches me where I pee said John Cena did it.

27) Please take this to the police DAOne5000 before Cena kills again.

He murdered a child. To be honest I don't think his wrestling legacy is that important.

You will NEVER 100% know that, or whether he would have been held capable of murder had he lived... you have an assertion supported by circumstantial evidence, which is what the police had... Medical evidence now supports that he was likely NOT in control of his faculties at the time... had he lived, murder would not be on the docket... a lesser charge or none at all due to diminished responsibility...same as when Verne Gagne killed his roommate.

Cos it's a child literally makes no difference... as several who actually knew him have stated, for all but 3 days of his life he wasn't anything like that... when someone "goes" they go... Chris Benoit died 3 days before he hooked himself to that weight machine... there is no point in erasing the stuff before that... just disclaimer it that you MAY not want to know or watch this...but it happened and we can't erase or change it... if you're so worried about erasing killers, then start a campaign to get Snuka removed from the HOF... a judge actually held him responsible in court... or Scott Hall who admitted shooting a man in the head on 60 minutes rather than a guy whose mind was all the way gone for what turned out to be medical reasons.

So you honestly think that WWE should start acknowledging a child killer on TV?

There's absolutely no chance of that ever occurring, and not should it. They show his matches and interviews on the Network, and that's all he deserves. I'm surprised they even do that to be honest. He's a hall of fame level talent no question, but killing your wife and child makes all his in-ring success irrelevant. He'll never be referred to on WWE programming by name again.

It has been 8 years since Mr.Benoit allegedly killed his self,his wife,and his son.

Allegedly, ROFL. that is the dumbest thing I have ever read. OH wait yeah maybe Copperfield did it. Or maybe oh who the hell cares.

Screw Benoit. I will not call him Mr., Mister is used to refer to men and this terd is not a man.

Let pretend for a second he didn't do everything that they say he did. The he deserve credit for his achievements in the WWE and WCW. But since the case is closed and not sitting back as a cold case, we know all we need to know.

So now look at what is being said and what the police have reported. One he killed his wife, His killed his children and then like a sick sissy worthless person he took his own life. A man would face his mistakes, not run from them with a bullet.

Chris Benoit deserve nothing more than a constant punishment day in and day out. Good news is his kids won't have to suffer knowing how big a piece of crap their father was.

How about we never talk about this pile of crap again.

If WWE was TNA or ROH, they could get away with paying some sort of tribute, at least to some degree, to Chris Benoit. However, the downside of WWE's success and being the company that springs to the minds of most people in America, even non-wrestling fans, when they think of pro wrestling is that WWE winds up having to eat a rancid shit sandwich whenever some sort of negative controversy surrounding pro wrestling comes about. For instance, whenever you hear about someone accidentally killing someone else when performing a wrestling move on them, WWE almost always is mentioned. Even though Chris Benoit was a passionate pro wrestler who loved the business and was involved in some of the most epic matches of the past 20 years, WWE is going to be targeted, fairly or unfairly, so it's probably best if they didn't mention the guy at all.

Benoit did murder his wife and son, there's no positive way to spin that; Benoit's autopsy revealed that he had severe brain damage, had over 10 times the normal amount of testosterone in his body at the time of his death and WWE pretty much looked the other way. Now, again, WWE's practice of looking the other way is what everyone else was doing but, again, since WWE was the only big boy left on the block, WWE got singled out and Congress collectively considered making Vince their personal bitch unless he implemented some precautions. Doing anything to honor Benoit or portray him in any sort of positive light will almost certainly result in Nancy Benoit's family getting their dander up even more so than Owen Hart's widow does whenever WWE does or says anything concerning her late hubby.

Benoit was a fine wrestler, didn't have much in the way of personality but he was tough and was damn fun to watch inside the ring. However, the murder of his wife and son will always overshadow anything else he ever accomplished as a wrestler or as a human being. Plus, let's face it, it doesn't take much of anything to offend or piss off anyone in the politically correct centered society of today; not that being politically correct is a bad thing, which it isn't, but, just like everything else in life, you have way too many people stretching the boundaries to absurd degrees. After all, you can't really even criticize anyone these days without someone, somewhere trying to label you as a bully. So, there's really nothing for WWE to gain by acknowledging Benoit except some pissed off family members, opportunistic members of the press ready to pounce on it and the possibility of reopening some old wounds.

I think the problem with acknowledging him now is that the WWE has spent so long erasing him, to mention him would basically say they've forgiven him..or at the very least lowered the anger gate so to speak. While I do think it was stupid to act like he never happened, it was also an unforgivable thing he did.

I'm not going to argue whether he did it or not when most people have at least accepted the idea he wasn't in his right mind when he did it.

Should the WWE mention him often, no but at the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania I completely see it

We should talk about him because the old saying goes:
Those that do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it!

We should learn to see the signs of what happened with him.
Because with all the concussion talk.
Benoit hid his dark side rather well
Jericho had said that his kids played with Daniel from time to time on the very equipment the deaths occured

Even his best friends had no idea of his dark side
So learn to see the signals before another tragedy happens

I still don't think Chris did it to many things are not adding up and I think at the end of the day a lot of ppl will have to apologize to Benoit

The issue with Benoit is pretty much a double-edged sword. One part is his legacy as a wrestler which even to this day I won't deny. But the other part is his infamy for his actions that led to him committing murder on his wife and son, then his eventual suicide. I was split on how Benoit's legacy should be handled because no matter how hard WWE, let alone pro-wrestling in general tries to ignore his contributions to the business his name will always come up in one way or another. However, his actions which led to his and his family's demise will always over-shadow his legacy as a wrestler.

He wasn't that great of a wrestler anyway. Never liked him and found him boring.

10 German suplexes a match doesn't make you one of the all time greats.

The only sad thing about his death other than the fact he took two innocent people with him is the fact that we never got to see him star in the much anticipated Oompa-Loompa king which was rumoured to be in the production phase.

No way will WWE highlight anything good about Chris Benoit. No way should WWE highlight anything good about Chris Benoit. I fully believe he had lost his mind the day he killed Nancy and their child and probably wouldn't have been convicted of murder. But he still killed them.

Do you want JBL to have to sitdown and explain why Vince thinks that maybe Benoit had simply just lost it and killed his family after they air a 5 minute highlight package? Because that's what they'd have to do to even try and head off the shitstorm that would come their way for airing that package. That wouldn't even stop it.

Look I liked Benoit as a wrestler but at the end of the day he was mostly just a high midcard guy. If it had been Hulk Hogan who had done what Benoit did than there wouldn't be any way around WWF sometimes referencing him and showing him in highlights. But Benoit's only massive highlight is the Wrestlemania XX moment and, good as it was, the WWE can live without it.

Look, I was a Benoit fan but a lot of them facts you have brought up are false and have been proven to be false, e.g. there is no such interview with Chavo in the magazine.

I don't think WWE should ever acknowledge him on screen as it would be a bad business decision, and that's what it all comes down to with WWE. They mention Chris Benoit, kids search for him on Google and find that, the sponsors would kick up a fuss and it would be a PR nightmare for them.

I don't agree that Chris Benoit is a murderer though if the facts of his brain scans are correct. If his brain was as badly damaged as they say, he had no control over what he had done and in his mind at the time, probably thought he was helping his family in some way. Chris Nowinski had said Benoit was interested in his concussion treatment before he died, and forgot all about it.

Chris Benoit the wrestler and the man in them last 3 days are totally different people. The man in them last 3 days was not sane, and if he didn't kill himself, would most likely be isome sort of home for the rest of his life.

So you honestly think that WWE should start acknowledging a child killer on TV?

There's absolutely no chance of that ever occurring, and not should it. They show his matches and interviews on the Network, and that's all he deserves. I'm surprised they even do that to be honest. He's a hall of fame level talent no question, but killing your wife and child makes all his in-ring success irrelevant. He'll never be referred to on WWE programming by name again.

Again, you never 100% KNOW, but a child killer is no better or worse than a killer of any kind...WWE regularly acknowledges Jimmy Snuka, who has a civil judgement for unlawful death against him, the same as OJ for killing a woman while off his tits... yet that's ok? or Verne is in the HOF and did the same thing as Benoit, with similar mental symptoms but cos it was an old geezer killing another old geezer it doesn't matter and he can be in the HOF? Hall went on NATIONAL TV and said, "I blew a mans brains out... " and nothing just "jeez that Scott Hall sure is funny/crazy"... Carlos Colon played a tacit role in the death of Bruiser Brody and covering up what happened as the owner of the promotion... he could have thrown the guy under the bus and got justice for the family... but no... he is still in...

Mike Tyson served 6 years for Rape, arguably an equally heinous crime... but no cos people only see Daniel's death, that's the block they have...

If killing someone makes your entire career irrelevant then why do they stay in or get in, surely kick em all out... or you say, eventually, Benoit goes in to but with a n asterisk next to his name, the proverbial "black mark" and a low key induction not held at Mania... if it all suddenly came proven tomorrow he DIDN'T do it... then would there be any question he deserved it? No, so why is there question when it was never 100% proven he did it?
Was there any question Verne deserved his tribute the other week? No, but he killed someone exactly the same... so you don't get to pick and choose...

Again, you never 100% KNOW, but a child killer is no better or worse than a killer of any kind

Jesus fucking Christ, did that thought sincerely exist in your mind? Are you that fucking ******ed? I mean, I'll concede that Benoit's case is a little different due to his brain damage but to make such a stupid statement. Holy shit...

As for the rest of this, you guys who expect the WWE to acknowledge Benoit in any are ridiculous. To profit off of his existence in any way is totally unacceptable. Not just from a human decency perspective, but from a financial perspective. There isn't a company in existence that wouldn't pull their advertising from the WWE if they were to promote his work. It doesn't matter if they can't 100% prove that he did it (he totally fucking did it, by the way. Quit being stupid) the court of public opinion has already ruled and that is literally the only thing that matters in this situation.

Killing is killing... Murder (if it was) is Murder... whoever is the victim... I'm not gonna say "Benoit goes to hell cos he killed a kid but Snuka won't cos he only killed a woman..." that's as stupid as anything I've suggested.

If killing disqualifies you, then Gagne, Snuka and Hall must be omitted in the same way... that a child died is immaterial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back